Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125282 times)
thetorcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://TORCOIN.ORG

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 01:02:45 AM

Just to be clear, TorCoin isn't going anywhere.  The coin is very strong and is under active development. There are plenty of things we want to improve, not just the TOR integration.  Ring signatures for example will eventually be implemented for additional anonymity.  

The drop in price is not due to the FUD on this forum; in fact very, very few people from this forum actively invest significant amounts of money in crypto.  According to my analytics, traffic from the forum accounts for only 3% of visitors to the TorCoin site.  

The drop in price is due mostly to me paying out bounties and fees for development work, advertising, exchange listing fees, and such.  Those people then sell their TOR, and you have more sellers than buyers for a short time, resulting in a small price drop.  I'm not in the least worried about that, and neither should anyone else who has a longterm interest in the future of TorCoin.

It will not take much to bring the price right back up, and that's what I'm expecting for the coming week.

https://TorCoin.org - ANONYMOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 01:03:22 AM

I updated the website under 'Latest Releases' . Maybe it wasn't clear enough before
So just to be clear. I'll download the torcoin tor node that you linked into linux. Then take some screenshots to show it is working. Let's see how it goes!

Go for it!

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 01:04:17 AM

I updated the website under 'Latest Releases' . Maybe it wasn't clear enough before
So just to be clear. I'll download the torcoin tor node that you linked into linux. Then take some screenshots to show it is working. Let's see how it goes!

https://github.com/TorCoinProject/torcoin/tree/tor

White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:23:36 AM

What is the stealth option for an address that can be selected when a new one is created?
Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:41:57 AM

Alright everyone, an update! I tested out the TOR nodes on a Virtual Machine on my computer running linux. It looked to be working fine, however my PC crashed because it did not have the RAM to support two machines at the same time (low end PC struggles lol). So it works fine guys, but you need to install that specific file on linux.

Took me an hour and a half of frustrating work and no screenshots. Feelsbadman  Cry Cry Cry

Lontongmie

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:44:22 AM

Also, I would like to ask the owner of torcoin to consider hiring me as a social media manager. A social media posting regular updates will do wonders for the price of your coin, as it will bring more traffic to your coin, and reassure current owners and prospective owners of your legitimacy.

I would be willing to accept a small TOR bounty

SysFailure0x5a

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:10:44 AM

Alright everyone, an update! I tested out the TOR nodes on a Virtual Machine on my computer running linux. It looked to be working fine, however my PC crashed because it did not have the RAM to support two machines at the same time (low end PC struggles lol). So it works fine guys, but you need to install that specific file on linux.

Took me an hour and a half of frustrating work and no screenshots. Feelsbadman  Cry Cry Cry

1.) This still does not address the problem that 99% of the users will not be connected to the tor network because the client does not have support for this. The opening statement of TorCoin is still misleading.

2.) I was under the impression you would supply tcpdumps (packet captures) or at least a screenshot with netstat or something.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 03:17:03 AM

So what was the point of testing? I once had a threesome with Miley Cyrus and Adele, but my iPhone was full on memory so I couldn't record picture or video Sad But don't worry guys, it was great, trust me!

Do some more testing and provide us with some actual screenshots; not just your word. Otherwise, it looks like you're blatantly begging for TOR... Especially considering that you're asking for more bounties to do social media marketing. Roll Eyes

Just telling it like I see it

Lontongmie

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:21:35 AM

So what was the point of testing? I once had a threesome with Miley Cyrus and Adele, but my iPhone was full on memory so I couldn't record picture or video Sad But don't worry guys, it was great, trust me!

Do some more testing and provide us with some actual screenshots; not just your word. Otherwise, it looks like you're blatantly begging for TOR... Especially considering that you're asking for more bounties to do social media marketing. Roll Eyes

Just telling it like I see it
you are entitled to your opinion. i did run a vm and it seemed to be working. if you read my post i mentioned a clear reason why i could not take screenshots. why dont you try it yourself? ill toss you a TOR if you wanna spend the time downloading a vm and linux.

salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:22:30 AM

Just to be clear, TorCoin isn't going anywhere.  The coin is very strong and is under active development. There are plenty of things we want to improve, not just the TOR integration.  Ring signatures for example will eventually be implemented for additional anonymity.  

The drop in price is not due to the FUD on this forum; in fact very, very few people from this forum actively invest significant amounts of money in crypto.  According to my analytics, traffic from the forum accounts for only 3% of visitors to the TorCoin site.  

The drop in price is due mostly to me paying out bounties and fees for development work, advertising, exchange listing fees, and such.  Those people then sell their TOR, and you have more sellers than buyers for a short time, resulting in a small price drop.  I'm not in the least worried about that, and neither should anyone else who has a longterm interest in the future of TorCoin.

It will not take much to bring the price right back up, and that's what I'm expecting for the coming week.

Exactly, when you pay bounties in the TOR coin, it is expected that people will sell it for btc for the very first week, making the price dip a little.But then this will not happen always as next time no one will sell for less and everyone will wait for price rise. TOR Campaigns are creating lots of trust amount the people and i am sure this will be a high success in the near future.
SysFailure0x5a

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:50:52 AM

Exactly, when you pay bounties in the TOR coin, it is expected that people will sell it for btc for the very first week, making the price dip a little.But then this will not happen always as next time no one will sell for less and everyone will wait for price rise. TOR Campaigns are creating lots of trust amount the people and i am sure this will be a high success in the near future.

People will not buy or hold TorCoin because the technical foundation for this ScamCoin isn't there. This is a fake product.
p3ngu1n

Activity: 304

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:07:20 AM

People will not buy or hold TorCoin because the technical foundation for this ScamCoin isn't there. This is a fake product.

I also agree with SysFailure0x5a.
If dev claim an anonymous currency, dev should ensure some degree of anonymity from the beginning.
At present it is just a copy coin.
It is natural that it seems to be a scam.

Let's hope for future updates. Smiley
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 04:19:16 AM

1.) This still does not address the problem that 99% of the users will not be connected to the tor network because the client does not have support for this. The opening statement of TorCoin is still misleading.

2.) I was under the impression you would supply tcpdumps (packet captures) or at least a screenshot with netstat or something.

Wow, you certainly are earning your FUD pay. Who's paying you, Monero?

As mentioned before, TorCoin is fully integrated with TOR, and anyone can test it out:

I currently have no specific plans to put the TOR-integrated version in the main branch because some users don't want to run TOR (for many different reasons). But it clearly states that you can download the TOR-enabled version here >> https://github.com/TorCoinProject/torcoin/tree/tor

I do have plans to release a Windows and MacOS version with TOR enabled by default, but still give users the adoption to download the non-TOR version, to comply with local laws as needed.

Keep the FUD coming :-) Doesn't bother me, and does not affect the price of TOR at all ..

stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:55:23 AM

@thetorcoin I am a new participant for tor bounties to get free tor and test how anonymous and fast this is like what every other claim but seeing the discussion from the few page and currently you have a red trust in your profile from someone in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1920826 I think that you should clear this up and clear the FUD that these guys are spreading.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
von max

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:59:19 AM

I guarantee that the higher price will bring back the trolls and we will have a renewed campaign of FUD .. other coins like Monero are actually paying people to FUD this coin.  Ignore the bullshit
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:07:56 AM

Took me an hour and a half of frustrating work and no screenshots. Feelsbadman  Cry Cry Cry

Wow, you certainly are earning your FUD pay. Who's paying you, Monero?

As mentioned before, TorCoin is fully integrated with TOR, and anyone can test it out:

I currently have no specific plans to put the TOR-integrated version in the main branch because some users don't want to run TOR (for many different reasons). But it clearly states that you can download the TOR-enabled version here >> https://github.com/TorCoinProject/torcoin/tree/tor

I do have plans to release a Windows and MacOS version with TOR enabled by default, but still give users the adoption to download the non-TOR version, to comply with local laws as needed.

Keep the FUD coming :-) Doesn't bother me, and does not affect the price of TOR at all ..

Lol he tells you that 99 % of users don't run a Tor node or connect to Tor  (since this is only supported in Linux as you SAID) and you call him a fuder? A fuder for mentioning FACTS that YOU mentioned? You must be a special kind of idiot right? What's next? People who say the Earth is round are fuders too ?
trumpman

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:11:11 AM

I guarantee that the higher price will bring back the trolls and we will have a renewed campaign of FUD .. other coins like Monero are actually paying people to FUD this coin.  Ignore the bullshit

Nobody is paying nobody dumbass. You paid 10 $ dollars when this premined, artificially pumped scamcoin came out and you have lost like 90% of your investment. Stop being in denial and get over it
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 05:21:55 AM

SCAM Coin, no scam coin coin. Huge premine, no huge premine, anonymous or not anonymous TOR coin is good and so far @TheTORCoin seems responsible.
Read the history of some of the top Cryptos and you'd realize that TORCoin's history is even better.
I've followed this thread for long. #TeamFUD started with "scam and huge premine claims", now its about anonymity.
Even grandpapa bitcoin was premined by satoshi N.
Dev need a store of his own coins as motivation, to prevent abandoning,  as money to pay for bounties etc.

trumpman

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:27:51 AM

SCAM Coin, no scam coin coin. Huge premine, no huge premine, anonymous or not anonymous TOR coin is good and so far @TheTORCoin seems responsible.
Read the history of some of the top Cryptos and you'd realize that TORCoin's history is even better.
I've followed this thread for long. #TeamFUD started with "scam and huge premine claims", now its about anonymity.
Even grandpapa bitcoin was premined by satoshi N.
Dev need a store of his own coins as motivation, to prevent abandoning,  as money to pay for bounties etc.

Premine is a FACT not a claim. Why dev doesn't put the premine on a trusted escrow ?
Anonymity issue is also a fact. DEV himself said the tor network is only supported in linux wallets and even then it's not by default. So 99 % of users (who use PC & MAC) are not connected to TOR let alone run a TOR node which is the whole one-of-a-time idea behind this coin.

These two are facts. Not FUD. Let me repeat this, FACTS!

And I won't bother mentioning the copyright issues and the fact that TOR has already denounced this coin which is also a FACT
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:48:00 AM

Premine is a FACT not a claim. Why dev doesn't put the premine on a trusted escrow ?
Anonymity issue is also a fact. DEV himself said the tor network is only supported in linux wallets and even then it's not by default. So 99 % of users (who use PC & MAC) are not connected to TOR let alone run a TOR node which is the whole one-of-a-time idea behind this coin.

These two are facts. Not FUD. Let me repeat this, FACTS!

And I won't bother mentioning the copyright issues and the fact that TOR has already denounced this coin which is also a FACT

I personally do not believe that The Tor Project will start a witchhunt for TorCoin, they are not one of the evil companies suing everyone. Also good point on the anonymity issue, but you really cannot expect any kind of anonymity anyway if using OSx or Windows.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: