Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:41:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371069 times)
onnz423alt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:21:09 AM

Any info on the ban yesterday CCR?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:07:29 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2017, 03:05:37 PM by CCRevolution

Any info on the ban yesterday CCR?
Yes, they gave me a Developer Badge Smiley The owner was very co-operative. We all should move forward and focus on the positives now!

Also, a short while ago, Stabycroc (another moderator) filled me in with what had occurred, and asked me to kindly remove the post about being banned. Apparently Bill did not mean to ban me, he was going after the other guy and clicked my ID instead... Apologies were accepted and we all dust off and move forward. So, the posts and video were taken down.

All is good!!

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:08:03 PM

XtraBYtes Development

One of the ways to see if a coin actually has development ongoing is to simply look at the source code.

What we have here at XtraBYtes is a very smart and hard working developer with 25 years of programming experience and 7 of those years has been with blockchain and crypto.

The unusual way that we started with XtraBYtes brings additional layers of scrutiny and attack. The fact that we have the spotlight on us is NOT a bad thing, but it does mean that we must perform at higher standards than others and you know what? We are OK with that... It also means that we must often stand up to detractors and we are OK with that also. Wink

XtraBYtes is a program with heart, soul, intelligence, experience and determination behind it. We will achieve our goals and they are not small goals... but they do take time.

At some point, we will attract more talented people and corporate types to help lighten the load, speed up the development and expand the vision. In the mean time, I do my parts, Borzalom does his and the community does theirs. This is a winning formula and it is creating a solid foundation for what will be one of the coolest stories in crypto as the months and years pass by.

So, what has Borzalom done so far?

Well, I asked him if he could give me a list, his first response was:

• Lots of changes maybe 1000 or more small and 20-30 bigger. Source code is version tracked therefore each changes is public. I am working hard on the STaTiC nodes and i don't want to spend time collecting the changes.

This was his way to tell me he is busy and wants to finish the STaTiC Nodes... but then he continued:

• The original Bitmox code is very ugly. Lots of old coins mixed and lots of software developers changed some parts. I try to synchronize these ugly codes and remove unneeded parts. This work is not spectacular, but it is required. Other coins append lots of spectacular and popular features like beautiful graphics etc... We chose another way. I add new functional features.

Then I asked him if he could share the future plans and he said:

• Please remember that the development time is not weeks or days. ;-) These never seen before features need more time than copycatting the code and replacing an image. This needs planning, coding, testing and re-planning... If I share plans, then re-planning will difficult because lot of people will ask why we are re-planning... why not the original plans? I hope this is understandable :-D

Of course I agree... Not only that, it is always best to keep your Aces hidden, otherwise you risk someone going to market first with your original ideas. As he continued, he reminded me that XtraBYtes is an experimental coin, like Bitcoin was many years ago and that our experiments need to provide something REALLY NEW... and this I think is what is in his head... his MISSION.

Then he finished his thoughts with the following:

• Everyone needs to understand this is not a copycat project like many others. The result will be totally new coin and totally new code. I am planning to add the best features from other coins and repair the wrong things. Mining ( POW ) is the top of worst thing and all coins use this method or similar ( POS ). We are starting a NEW era by building a TRUST node network.
  • As you said before. If anyone buys XBY-s they BUY a small part of land of the XtraBYtes network (world). I think everyone who joins this project will win.

So, there you have an update on the DEVELOPMENT of XtraBYtes!!

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:50:04 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 08:27:13 AM by CCRevolution

Connecting Our Virtual Perception with Our Physical Understandings

We really want people to understand the massive value of STaTiC Nodes. This is one of the KEYS to what will set XtraBYtes apart from all current competition.

A STaTiC Node is a saleable asset within the XtraBYtes world (network). This is why it is so important for anyone interested to get as many of these as you can afford and get them set up properly (registration capabilities estimated to be ready by the end of the week). Once set up, you should NEVER break the STaTiC Node because it will become an income producing asset, much like a rental property and YES, you can sell it intact.

But, what if you need MONEY??

Well, this is no different than living in the real world. If you need money and you have a rental property, you don't go into the building and start tearing it apart; selling doors, windows, furniture, sinks and counter-tops... Right?? Of course not!! You put the place up for sale and someone else comes along and sees the value and you exchange ownership for money (in our case, Bitcoins or XBY).

This is what will be available for XtraBYtes STaTiC Node owners... These nodes will be earning XBY continually while they are online and this income will come from any and all services that are added to the network over time, including all transactions which as you know, have a fee.

Our goal is to have 400 to 600 STaTiC Nodes by the time we reach 50,000 blocks. So far, we have about 140 confirmed to be ready for registration with several other large purchases seen on the block explorer which may also be intended to become STaTiC Nodes.

The point of this post is just to help people make the connection that buying XtraBYtes for setting up STaTiC Nodes is just like buying real estate or land. We all understand this concept and what we are doing with XtraBYtes is very similar.

STaTiC Nodes are 500.000 XBY plus 200 extra required for transfer fees, per node, unless you send (for example) 10 million out of C-CEX in 1 shot, you save 900 XBY.

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:19:46 PM

Another catchy slogan for us to use in promotions!

Whatever ideas you folks come up with... please post it.

There are NEVER bad ideas... you never know when someone will write something good, great or amazing and at the same time, your idea may trigger another idea with someone else. This is exactly how we came up with the name XtraBYtes here in our community. We can once again thank Aarell for posting additional ideas that lead to our name, XtraBYtes:

Hi,
Yottabytes or Yottabits will be good.
Xtra Yottabits or bytes.
 My best wishes for the success of this project.

Thanks.

Aarell, thank you very much for your participation. You may have uncovered what will be the name of our project. Great Thinking!!

XtraBYtes seems as though it may be the name set in stone by destiny a few months back. Smiley Who would have thought we would be here today, extracting from the letters XBY a word that perfectly defines where this project is headed.

However, we are not going to arbitrarily make this decision and would still like to hear further input from anyone with an interest in where we are taking this coin. But, in my opinion and also Borzalom's, XtraBYtes has moved to the top of the list of new names for XBY.

So, I think it is safe to say we now have 3 votes for XtraBYtes

Just remember this... We are at the beginning and the road will be bumpy. But, this is a very good set of ideas that are coming alive day by day.

You will all be very happy for your involvement as time passes.

sujoys

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 04:34:53 PM

This coin will do really well. keep it up.. Grin

onnz423alt

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:43:13 PM

Yup, i love this community. Too bad bitcoin transactions are stuck and my wallet decided to spend from an unconfirmed output that has low fee so i gotta wait little bit to get my hands on more XBY Wink

CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:47:02 PM

I just set up my first staticnode wallet - so hopefully the numbers of people ready to register should rise!!
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:55:07 PM

We agree and thank you for the kind words! We hope you will be joining us and if you have already... Welcome to XtraBYtes!!
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:56:10 PM

Yup, i love this community. Too bad bitcoin transactions are stuck and my wallet decided to spend from an unconfirmed output that has low fee so i gotta wait little bit to get my hands on more XBY Wink

Thank you Onni, we love you and all your help and enthusiasm also Smiley Hopefully you don't have too much of a delay, we are approaching 4 satoshis now.  Cool
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:57:40 PM

I just set up my first staticnode wallet - so hopefully the numbers of people ready to register should rise!!

Awesome! Great to have you on the STaTiC Team!! Pretty simple process, right?

Make sure you do a double backup for best security: wallet.dat and private key
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:01:42 PM

Just wondering, were all 650M coins sold?

How much BTC did you end up collecting from the ICO? From what I see the max would be 6.5 BTC correct?

Just wondering as I couldn't from anything on Coin market cap yet.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:25:06 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2017, 07:40:11 PM by CCRevolution

How much BTC did you end up collecting from the ICO? From what I see the max would be 6.5 BTC correct?

We (Borzalom and myself) were not behind the ICO. That is some scammer... If you take the time to read through our thread you will see this is a community take over.

All 650 million coins that were bought during the ICO were all bought by investors, myself and Borzalom included. These coins were all secured when the Borzalom hardforked the chain.Then after completing all requirements by C-CEX, we officially switched over the XtraBYtes and we were off and running.

Below is the announcement we made on the old Bitmox thread when this occurred:

BIG NEWS!!!

WOW is the best way to start this post and not because of the activity today on the exchange. That is just the beginning of great volumes to come Wink

First of all, we apologize for the delay in posting some new information. We have been in a bit of a stalemate with C-CEX and communication was very limited with them.

It was also a bit nerve-racking because the C-CEX position was that Borzalom owed them 650 million coins (because of the Bitmox scammer trying to pull another fast one).

If you can imagine, the Bitmox Scammer was actually trying to take control of XBY again and was accusing Borzalom of being the scammer... C-CEX did not see a solution because not enough time was spent communicating with us (for CLEAR understanding) and they were therefore looking for suggestions to replace the 650 million XBY they (thought they) lost as a result of the scammer crying to them about his Bitmox scam chain and not realizing YET that Borzalom did everything PROPERLY.

So, I believe a big thank you is warranted for each of you who got the activity happening on the exchange today because this probably got the attention we needed, to have a proper chat, and now things are resolved.

In the end, Borzalom resent the transaction proofs for the XtraBYtes (real) chain and also showed that the Bitmox (scam) chain was only 330 blocks long and ONLY the scammer deposited there. He then showed how he properly premined all the XBY coins that were owned by each of the genuine owners (all of us) and how he (this was the key) premined them directly into to the C-CEX wallet for XBY, which ONLY C-CEX has the private keys for.

Once the C-CEX people saw that this was the case, they immediately said we were good to go!!

[0:25:50] C-CEX.com: I need to recheck all manually.
[0:25:54] Borzalom: ok
[0:26:12] C-CEX.com: My apologies upfront if it's me not getting all thing correctly.
[0:26:14] C-CEX.com: Sorry for taking your time
[0:27:57] C-CEX.com: Ok I checked differentialy several TX and they all valid and has confs
[0:28:10] C-CEX.com: I'm sorry for taking so much of your time. Now I understand all is good.
[0:28:14] Borzalom: Ok. Thank your support.

So, this means the recovery of XBY is OFFICIALLY 100% complete!! YEAH!!

Thank you all for your patience and congratulations for all of you who own XBY.

We believe the next few weeks will make you very happy because with what is coming next, the price will not be staying at 1 or 2 satoshis.

Have an AWESOME day!!

So, no BTC for us... We are investors in every every way. We paid BTC to buy XBY and now we are paying with our time to turn this into a great company.

You are welcome to join us!

Thanks for your interest.

smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:36:40 PM

We (Borzalom and myself) were not behind the ICO. That is some scammer... If you take the time to read through our thread you will see this is a community take over.

All 650 million coins that were bought during the ICO were all bought by investors, myself and Borzalom included. These coins were all secured when the Borzalom hardforked the chain.Then after completing all requirements by C-CEX, we officially switched over the XtraBYtes and we were off and running.

Below is the announcement we made on the old Bitmox thread when this occurred:

BIG NEWS!!!

WOW is the best way to start this post and not because of the activity today on the exchange. That is just the beginning of great volumes to come Wink

First of all, we apologize for the delay in posting some new information. We have been in a bit of a stalemate with C-CEX and communication was very limited with them.

It was also a bit nerve-racking because the C-CEX position was that Borzalom owed them 650 million coins (because of the Bitmox scammer trying to pull another fast one).

If you can imagine, the Bitmox Scammer was actually trying to take control of XBY again and was accusing Borzalom of being the scammer... C-CEX did not see a solution because not enough time was spent communicating with us (for CLEAR understanding) and they were therefore looking for suggestions to replace the 650 million XBY they (thought they) lost as a result of the scammer crying to them about his Bitmox scam chain and not realizing YET that Borzalom did everything PROPERLY.

So, I believe a big thank you is warranted for each of you who got the activity happening on the exchange today because this probably got the attention we needed, to have a proper chat, and now things are resolved.

In the end, Borzalom resent the transaction proofs for the XtraBYtes (real) chain and also showed that the Bitmox (scam) chain was only 330 blocks long and ONLY the scammer deposited there. He then showed how he properly premined all the XBY coins that were owned by each of the genuine owners (all of us) and how he (this was the key) premined them directly into to the C-CEX wallet for XBY, which ONLY C-CEX has the private keys for.

Once the C-CEX people saw that this was the case, they immediately said we were good to go!!

[0:25:50] C-CEX.com: I need to recheck all manually.
[0:25:54] Borzalom: ok
[0:26:12] C-CEX.com: My apologies upfront if it's me not getting all thing correctly.
[0:26:14] C-CEX.com: Sorry for taking your time
[0:27:57] C-CEX.com: Ok I checked differentialy several TX and they all valid and has confs
[0:28:10] C-CEX.com: I'm sorry for taking so much of your time. Now I understand all is good.
[0:28:14] Borzalom: Ok. Thank your support.

So, this means the recovery of XBY is OFFICIALLY 100% complete!! YEAH!!

Thank you all for your patience and congratulations for all of you who own XBY.

We believe the next few weeks will make you very happy because with what is coming next, the price will not be staying at 1 or 2 satoshis.

Have an AWESOME day!!

So, no BTC for us... We are investors in every every way. We paid BTC to buy XBY and now we are paying with our time to turn this into a great company.

You are welcome to join us!

Thanks for your interest.

Thanks!

How much did that scumbag run away with?
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:49:39 PM

Thanks!

How much did that scumbag run away with?

We don't really know. He started the ICO at 250 but I think it dropped like a rock over a cliff... Although some were bought in double digits. I didn't see the pump chat until it was at 1 and I saw a frenzy, so I jumped in at 1 thinking I would make fast profit...

The rest of the story is here:

An Unusual Opportunity:

How often in your crypto journey have you stumbled upon a solid DEV team that released a coin at 1 satoshi? I don't know this to be a fact, but it would not surprise me if this NEVER happened before...

In general we see coins launch with some sort of pre-determined (somehow they value themselves) amount of satoshis and this can have lots to do with: the amount of coins, the project itself, the money behind it, the people behind it and/or the time and money spent to that point (among other factors I am sure). With all that taken into account, I think coin operations generally try to launch themselves in the ballpark of where people will accept them or they will highball it and let the chips fall where they may. When the latter happens (even the former), this can leave many bag-holders or disgruntled individuals who cut their losses and move on before profits come their way. Then of course there are scam coins that are designed only to trick people into believing there is something, when really there is nothing except a black hole (Bitmox and many others).

Realistically... it is always somewhat of a crap-shoot when we get involved with investing our Bitcoins into a coin. This is true even for established coins because of the sometimes incredible volatility of prices moving up and down, offering opportunities for BOOM and BUST on the same swings of the bats at the markets.

However, more often than not, if there is a decent DEV and a decent Project, people will buy and hold and prices will slowly climb and we should be able to look at the next 10 years and be able to see that (as the rest of the masses join us) baseline coin prices will steadily increase for each respective operation.

Now let's take a look at XtraBYtes:

This is definitely a VERY unusual situation (opportunity) and one that even myself and Borzalom are still amazed that we stumbled into, because everything was totally by chance...

• A 25 year veteran programmer with 7 or so years of blockchain experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • A 20+ year veteran of sales and marketing with about 18 years of online experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • After about 3 weeks of watching the activity of Bitmox dry up, the programmer decided to take charge and started doing "CPR" on his Bitmox investment.
  • About 2 weeks later, the marketer decided to do some digging and found a thread and offered to help the programmer with a PM followed by a forum message.

Below is my first message EVER posted on Bitcointalk and it is in response to a help request by Borzalom:

Below are the first few messages I sent to Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStart.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read my first messages sent)

Of course, in between each message I sent was a reply from Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStartReply.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read his replies)

And this is where XtraBYtes started... Why?

Well, because we found that we were a good team and we both wanted to try to save our investments. But, at first we did not realize this was going to develop into what could become one of the biggest LITTLE successes in the world of Crypto.

This is where all of you come into the picture with us. You are all some variation of a: helper, supporter, encourager, investor or STaTiC Node Partner and each play a significant role in the past, present and future of this operation. Obviously this makes us all 1 big team and I personally like to operate this way. I believe in T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More).

Perhaps one of the most exciting and CRAZIEST things about the crypto world is that NOBODY can predict where a coins PEAK value will be. Nobody can come to you and say XtraBYtes will never pass 10 sats or 100 sats or even 1000 sats and quite frankly in the long run, nobody can even say there is a limit to the price of XtraBYtes. This is because at this point it is impossible to say what XtraBYtes will be in 5 or 10 years time. Maybe we will be The PREMIER Blockchain Shared Storage Service. The name sure is catchy enough to open that roadway.

At XtraBYtes you have a Solid Development Team (sure we are unknown, but we both know and use our skills very well, we get along great and we are both straight shooters that operate with honesty and integrity) and we also have a small (but growing) nucleus of our core supporters. Then when you look at the fact that our UNUSUAL beginning has us with our nice little XBY coins sitting at 1 and 2 satoshis currently... Well, you do the math!!

Also keep in mind that Borzalom and I did not drop these coins out of our hard-drives. We invested in this (just like you) and perhaps this is even more valuable in comparison to some other operations because it is not free money to us... We are working very hard to make this coin a success and this has inspired many great things so far and will continue to do the same because now XtraBYtes has LIFE and we are excited about our baby.

So, invest if you will... The water is warm... and the SKY is the LIMIT!!

PS. Stay Tuned... The first section of STaTiC Node setup instructions is almost completed, but I was inspired to write this post first!  Cool

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:14:03 PM

Special Announcement!

NEW SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER

It is with great pleasure that Borzalom and myself welcome our new Official Team Member, Onni (onnz423alt) as SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER!!

Onni has been a dedicated supporter and owner of XtraBYtes, right from the beginning and is also part of the crew who fell into the Bitmox trap. Onni has stepped up to the plate a couple times already and compiled our Raspberry Pi downloads and has expressed a keen interest in becoming a big part of the community and helping out with moderating a Slack Channel.

But moderating seems to modest... we are building a TEAM!! So, I offered Onni to become the Official Social Media Manager for XtraBYtes.

Onni will start out with the XtraBYtes Slack Channel and over the next few days will also get things set up on Twitter and Facebook, along with other systems in the future that are relevant to the growth of the XtraBYtes community.

To register on our Slack, visit: https://xtrabytes.slack.com/shared_invite/MTcwODkwNDUzMDU2LTE0OTI2MjQ2NzktYTAxZTFlYTUzOA

Please join me in welcoming Onni to the XtraBYtes Core Development TEAM!!

onnz423alt

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:22:19 PM

Special Announcement!

NEW SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER

It is with great pleasure that Borzalom and myself welcome our new Official Team Member, Onni (onnz423alt) as SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER!!

Onni has been a dedicated supporter and owner of XtraBYtes, right from the beginning and is also part of the crew who fell into the Bitmox trap. Onni has stepped up to the plate a couple times already and compiled our Raspberry Pi downloads and has expressed a keen interest in becoming a big part of the community and helping out with moderating a Slack Channel.

But moderating seems to modest... we are building a TEAM!! So, I offered Onni to become the Official Social Media Manager for XtraBYtes.

Onni will start out with the XtraBYtes Slack Channel and over the next few days will also get things set up on Twitter and Facebook, along with other systems in the future that are relevant to the growth of the XtraBYtes community.

To register on our Slack, visit: https://xtrabytes.slack.com/shared_invite/MTcwODkwNDUzMDU2LTE0OTI2MjQ2NzktYTAxZTFlYTUzOA

Thanks alot Dave! Im so glad to be part of the team now.
Just like mentioned earlier, i will setup a twitter and a facebook page within few days.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
Also seems like we are getting some interest, come and join us at slack to chat with the XBY community!

aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:28:15 PM

Special Announcement!

NEW SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER

Congratulation's Onni....
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:33:38 PM

Congratulations  Onni!!!  I look forward to more of your posts Smiley

Also congrats to XBY for having its first 6 Santoshi Candle!!

sujoys

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 08:37:20 PM

1-2sat to 250sat n dumped to 2sat. who had the bag of coin? i expect xby 10k sat with next few days/week. what do you think

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: