Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371069 times)
TroySmith

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:34:14 PM

but, you are still not providing the simple Slack activation link.
You know it's a simple thing? It makes all this "announcement" really shady, since we can't get into your slack.  is it private?

Lol, so now a coin without Slack is shady? Seriously?

People are funny, hey guys Slack is a crypto standard now...a coin with no Slack apparently is a scam. Cheesy

LOL - Love it!! Great humor... Thanks!

I'm not an expert in slack at all but I've seen this a few times quite soon after slacks are set up. Possibly there is a number of people/invites list before they say you must pay. Like I said I don't know but it MIGHT be an issue something like what i said, Slack site has some facts on pricing and functions etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lopchi

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:16:06 PM

This is what i found on slack help centre:

Invitation limits

Slack may limit a team's ability to send more invitations if a large number has been sent but very few have been accepted.

If you're using Slack within a company setting and have reached a limit when inviting a large group of coworkers, please contact us.

If you're using Slack outside a company setting, you can avoid hitting the limit by only sending invitations to people who have asked to join your team.

Please do not revoke invitations in an attempt to lift the limit. Invitation limits are not affected by revoked invitations. They are based solely on the acceptance rate of invitations that have already been sent.

It will be too much surprised, after seeing news vs Dump. Roll Eyes

What is your trolling nickname on yobit lol.

tedlikeskix

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:26:28 PM

Send me a PM with your email and I can manually invite you for the time being.
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:32:59 PM

Thank you Ted!

If you want in the Slack, please follow Ted's instructions... We do not know how else to do this at this stage.

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 07:42:01 PM

Proof of Signature Basic Introduction

The PoSign Mining is very easy to understand.

Each client (STaTiC Node) sees the same transactions and therefore each block is equally visible by the entire network. The STaTiC Nodes job with regard to the consensus is to simply sign the blocks. If any STaTiC tries to sign a fake block, the other STaTiC's will blacklist it and continue signing the VALID blocks.

For example:

Let's say there are 100 STaTiC Nodes online across the network and 1 tries to create a block that contains fake information (such as; fake transaction or bad blockhash etc...) This fake/bad block hash will be different than the other 99 hashes and therefore the other 99 clients (STaTiC Nodes) will send a warn/repair RPC message to the "bad" client. If the "bad" STaTiC Node repairs the block then the hash will become the same as the other 99. If it doesn't repair it and instead tries to resend over and over, the other nodes will eventually blacklist the STaTiC.

All other nodes (non STaTiC nodes) will see the last block that signed and how many STaTiCs accepted.

In comparison; Bitcoin and all other coins have only one untrusted, randomly selected node that signs and creates the block. With XBY, each block is created and signed by all the currently ONLINE STaTiC Nodes.

With XtraBYtes, there is no POW or POS mining to sign and verify the blocks. As we said, each online STaTiC signs and this is where you start to see the power of PoSign... Because, this means there are more signatures and more signatures = more security. Nobody can know all private keys from the STaTiC Nodes and therefore it is impossible to create fake STaTiC signed blocks.

At this point, we have ONLY 1 STaTiC node controlling XBY and the network is fast and secure...

After more STaTiCs have been registered on the network, XBY will be better than ALL other coins in the crypto world.

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technolgy and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

So, to summarize:

If Bitcoin security is 100% (with untrusted nodes signing the blocks) How much more powerful is XBY when it is also (100% + the use of trusted nodes) * the number of STaTiC Nodes? Like I said... he was blowing my mind when he was explaining all this to me a few nights ago.

Congratulations to all of you who are already with XtraBYtes... You are way ahead of the people who will be coming on board soon.... VERY SOON...

I have a few questions about the specifics of your consensus algorithm.

I generally approach consensus algorithms from a few angles:
-What are the attack vectors (both in stalling consensus and in reversing established consensus)
-How is power distributed (and what effects does that have on censorship)
-How does it impact scalability (both in transaction volume and number of users)

With those main ideas in mind:
1. How does someone actually become a STaTiC node? Do they have to go through the developer, can they set it up themselves?
2. How do you ensure that each STaTiC node sees the same transactions? Further to that point, if I send two transactions that conflict with one another, and some STaTiC nodes see the first and some see the second, how do they come to agreement which transaction is the legitimate one?
3. What constitutes a 'fake' block?
4. How do normal nodes know who the STaTiC nodes actually are, to verify the signatures against? How do thin clients do it?
5. Are blocks deterministic (i.e. everyone on the network at any point would be able to construct an identical block)?
6. It appears every STaTiC node is able to independently create identical blocks, is that true?
7. What is the threshold for normal nodes to accept a block as valid (99% of STaTiC signatures? 51%?)
8. What prevents the creation of an alternative history if someone compromises the original private key of the first STaTiC node? Is the network only weakly-subjective?

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
TroySmith

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:02:25 PM

Each client (STaTiC Node) sees the same transactions and therefore each block is equally visible by the entire network. The STaTiC Nodes job with regard to the consensus is to simply sign the blocks. If any STaTiC tries to sign a fake block, the other STaTiC's will blacklist it and continue signing the VALID blocks.

For example:

Let's say there are 100 STaTiC Nodes online across the network and 1 tries to create a block that contains fake information (such as; fake transaction or bad blockhash etc...) This fake/bad block hash will be different than the other 99 hashes and therefore the other 99 clients (STaTiC Nodes) will send a warn/repair RPC message to the "bad" client. If the "bad" STaTiC Node repairs the block then the hash will become the same as the other 99. If it doesn't repair it and instead tries to resend over and over, the other nodes will eventually blacklist the STaTiC.

All other nodes (non STaTiC nodes) will see the last block that signed and how many STaTiCs accepted.

In comparison; Bitcoin and all other coins have only one untrusted, randomly selected node that signs and creates the block. With XBY, each block is created and signed by all the currently ONLINE STaTiC Nodes.

With XtraBYtes, there is no POW or POS mining to sign and verify the blocks. As we said, each online STaTiC signs and this is where you start to see the power of PoSign... Because, this means there are more signatures and more signatures = more security. Nobody can know all private keys from the STaTiC Nodes and therefore it is impossible to create fake STaTiC signed blocks.

At this point, we have ONLY 1 STaTiC node controlling XBY and the network is fast and secure...

After more STaTiCs have been registered on the network, XBY will be better than ALL other coins in the crypto world.

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technolgy and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

So, to summarize:

If Bitcoin security is 100% (with untrusted nodes signing the blocks) How much more powerful is XBY when it is also (100% + the use of trusted nodes) * the number of STaTiC Nodes? Like I said... he was blowing my mind when he was explaining all this to me a few nights ago.

Congratulations to all of you who are already with XtraBYtes... You are way ahead of the people who will be coming on board soon.... VERY SOON...

-What are the attack vectors (both in stalling consensus and in reversing established consensus)
-How does it impact scalability (both in transaction volume and number of users)

1. How does someone actually become a STaTiC node? Do they have to go through the developer, can they set it up themselves?
2. How do you ensure that each STaTiC node sees the same transactions? Further to that point, if I send two transactions that conflict with one another, and some STaTiC nodes see the first and some see the second, how do they come to agreement which transaction is the legitimate one?
4. How do normal nodes know who the STaTiC nodes actually are, to verify the signatures against? How do thin clients do it?
5. Are blocks deterministic (i.e. everyone on the network at any point would be able to construct an identical block)?
6. It appears every STaTiC node is able to independently create identical blocks, is that true?
7. What is the threshold for normal nodes to accept a block as valid (99% of STaTiC signatures? 51%?)
8. What prevents the creation of an alternative history if someone compromises the original private key of the first STaTiC node? Is the network only weakly-subjective?

Great questions but I think you will have to go to slack to get hold of the developer...he's understandably pretty busy right now.

The new website has a bit more info that might be helpful. Try to understand this project is in its birth pains now, it wasn't planned for months and now being released. You might be someone to help the project as they are looking for developers.

https://xtrabytes.tech
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:15:22 PM

Great questions but I think you will have to go to slack to get hold of the developer...he's understandably pretty busy right now.

The new website has a bit more info that might be helpful. Try to understand this project is in its birth pains now, it wasn't planned for months and now being released. You might be someone to help the project as they are looking for developers.

Yes, very good questions and this is a great suggestion that Vorksholk can consider...

I have already passed this on to Borzalom and he is probably working on the answers. However, I do not anticipate being able to post them before the announcement (but you never know) because I need to interpret the answers so that everyone can understand them and this means that I must also understand and this sometimes takes some back and forth discussion between Borzalom and I...

None the less... this will be answered ASAP

Thank you for posting them!!

TroySmith

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:23:18 PM

Is the https://www.reddit.com/r/xtrabytes/ owned by you guys? If not, I can set up a sub for you Smiley

I would set up another Reddit. I'm pretty sure XTRABYTES marketeer wouldn't set up a private Reddit and also he would of mentioned it.  It almost looks like someone creating something to discuss a pump and dump.
EbenTheva

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:26:16 PM

Yes, very good questions and this is a great suggestion that Vorksholk can consider...

I have already passed this on to Borzalom and he is probably working on the answers. However, I do not anticipate being able to post them before the announcement (but you never know) because I need to interpret the answers so that everyone can understand them and this means that I must also understand and this sometimes takes some back and forth discussion between Borzalom and I...

None the less... this will be answered ASAP

Thank you for posting them!!

This is excellent CCR.. So much to learn from you both for the other Coin Devs!! Some don't even care to respond.. But I salute you guys for your very open communication. 275 Minutes more for the announcement!! LOL
Diamond123

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:47:22 PM

i am very crazy about this coin, Management is very superb and Movement of coin is also not bad. CCR is also sincere with coin improvement..
abc1212

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:24:53 PM

Have PM you my email...Please forward me the slack invite link...Thanks for the help:)
eastward

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:55:59 PM

Notice, released it?
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:31:16 PM

Notice, released it?

Not yet, going to be soon. Hopefully people aren't counting exactly 7.5 hours on the dot lol...
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:37:45 PM

Notice, released it?

Not yet, going to be soon. Hopefully people aren't counting exactly 7.5 hours on the dot lol...

I am
Joker07

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 10:54:49 PM

still waiting  Huh Huh Huh Huh
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:00:43 PM

For example:

So, to summarize:

This is one of the RARE occasions we will post with Borzaloms English. Anyone can see from his history that this is him...

I do not have time to convert this to easily understandable English at this time because we are busy preparing the announcements.

However, I do not want this to go unanswered because it is troll food and all of you deserve to have the best chance at winning here at XtraBYtes.

Thank you for understanding, Borzalom and I will update this post ASAP.

[3:46:20 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg18775624#msg18775624
[3:46:46 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: That is a very heavy question... We will not have time to answer this tonight I dont think... unless you can make it very simple.
[3:46:50 PM] Borzalom: 1 working. maybe just a hour needed
[3:47:35 PM] Borzalom: I like heavy questions
[5:09:07 PM] Borzalom: Here is the answers:
[5:09:13 PM | Edited 5:09:51 PM] Borzalom: This is a first very- very good question. Therefore firstly I thank your contribution. I love the hard constructive technical questions.

1.) need deposit ( own address ) + need registration + long online time need after registration ( until old STaTiC-s accept the new STaTiC-s )
Difference the now and later the first registration ( between 25.000 - 50.000 blocks ) don't need the long online time and old STaTiC-s acception.
After registration code released then don't need developer. Maybe some code fixes but no more. And of course this is experimental therefore
if don't work the original plan then consensus maybe will change.

2.) The "chord" type internal routing between the STaTiC-s ensure the communication. Example If the hash of transaction is begin the 0x1
then the 0x1 STaTiC will the root who first validate and accept this transaction. If you sent the conflicted transactions then the first
will accepted or both will denied. The target STaTiC-s will decide this. I say again, this is expermental therefore i don't know exactly
the best solution. We will see how to work and if need then i will change the protocol. This is a top reason why no whitebook.

3.) Very difficult to answer. Of course lot of checking needed. Better question that what is the good block. If any block not good then that is fake.
Each STaTiC need to make consensus and need exactly 100% same block accepted. If the all accepted transactions broadcasted between the STaTiC-s then
the transactions of block will be equal therefore block has also will equal. ( just signature will the difference )

4.) STaTiC registration will ensure the public keys of STaTiC-s. The key revoke will work simile. All emitted and revoked key stored to blockchain.
nonSTaTiC nodes download the blockcahin and after done the download then will see all STaTiC public key and see also if the public key revoked.

5.) YES. The nonSTaTiC nodes created the blocks too but not broadcast. Each nonSTaTiC node validate the signed block and compare that the self
generated block. Therefore if any STaTiC try generate false blocks then nonSTaTiC nodes will recognise too.

6.) YES. See above. All node is able to independently create identical blocks not just STaTiC. Difference between nodes:  the STaTiC is able to signing too.

7.) Some STaTiC online and some offline therefore no exact number how many needed. After offline STaTiC go to online then will signing
the all unsigned blocks. This work like the confirmation of transactions. Each client decide yourself how many signatures needed to accept
the block. Now just one STaTiC working therefore very easy this number is one and 100%. Need expermence founding the best ratio and number.
After all newly registered STaTiC begin the work we will see how many online and offline at a time. I don't know this number exactly before STaTiC.

8.) The first static is just temporary. Required this fast patch because nobody want mining zero rewarded blocks. After STaTiC registration success then
i will burning the checkpoint to source code. The first temporary STaTiC will be removed.
[5:28:07 PM] Borzalom: ----
[5:28:09 PM] Borzalom: remark:
These answers valid at now. This is experimental coin. If required i change the plans. Remember why no white book. Just the goal fixed. We want STaTiC nodes, community owned coin and code, community data storage system, new block signing method. I personaly want very very big community who help me reaching the goals. I know this is big goal but i hope i have enought experience and knowledge to reache these goals. I say every time This is not tipical investment money this is experimental money. I don't richer or poor if you bought or sell. This is not my money i just the developer who experimenting. I think my first goal to save investor money who invested to bitmox successed. This is a next step. I don't guarante to this next experimence will als success or not.
[6:47:41 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: Hello, I just finished the video...
[6:47:47 PM] Borzalom: ok
[6:50:15 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: I am going to post your response as is... there is no time. So, here is how I will preceed:

Naokia980

Activity: 182

★PlayAmo.com★

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 11:02:32 PM

For example:

So, to summarize:

This is one of the RARE occasions we will post with Borzaloms English. Anyone can see from his history that this is him...

I do not have time to convert this to easily understandable English at this time because we are busy preparing the announcements.

However, I do not want this to go unanswered because it is troll food and all of you deserve to have the best chance at winning here at XtraBYtes.

Thank you for understanding, Borzalom and I will update this post ASAP.

[3:46:20 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg18775624#msg18775624
[3:46:46 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: That is a very heavy question... We will not have time to answer this tonight I dont think... unless you can make it very simple.
[3:46:50 PM] Borzalom: 1 working. maybe just a hour needed
[3:47:35 PM] Borzalom: I like heavy questions
[5:09:07 PM] Borzalom: Here is the answers:
[5:09:13 PM | Edited 5:09:51 PM] Borzalom: This is a first very- very good question. Therefore firstly I thank your contribution. I love the hard constructive technical questions.

1.) need deposit ( own address ) + need registration + long online time need after registration ( until old STaTiC-s accept the new STaTiC-s )
Difference the now and later the first registration ( between 25.000 - 50.000 blocks ) don't need the long online time and old STaTiC-s acception.
After registration code released then don't need developer. Maybe some code fixes but no more. And of course this is experimental therefore
if don't work the original plan then consensus maybe will change.

2.) The "chord" type internal routing between the STaTiC-s ensure the communication. Example If the hash of transaction is begin the 0x1
then the 0x1 STaTiC will the root who first validate and accept this transaction. If you sent the conflicted transactions then the first
will accepted or both will denied. The target STaTiC-s will decide this. I say again, this is expermental therefore i don't know exactly
the best solution. We will see how to work and if need then i will change the protocol. This is a top reason why no whitebook.

3.) Very difficult to answer. Of course lot of checking needed. Better question that what is the good block. If any block not good then that is fake.
Each STaTiC need to make consensus and need exactly 100% same block accepted. If the all accepted transactions broadcasted between the STaTiC-s then
the transactions of block will be equal therefore block has also will equal. ( just signature will the difference )

4.) STaTiC registration will ensure the public keys of STaTiC-s. The key revoke will work simile. All emitted and revoked key stored to blockchain.
nonSTaTiC nodes download the blockcahin and after done the download then will see all STaTiC public key and see also if the public key revoked.

5.) YES. The nonSTaTiC nodes created the blocks too but not broadcast. Each nonSTaTiC node validate the signed block and compare that the self
generated block. Therefore if any STaTiC try generate false blocks then nonSTaTiC nodes will recognise too.

6.) YES. See above. All node is able to independently create identical blocks not just STaTiC. Difference between nodes:  the STaTiC is able to signing too.

7.) Some STaTiC online and some offline therefore no exact number how many needed. After offline STaTiC go to online then will signing
the all unsigned blocks. This work like the confirmation of transactions. Each client decide yourself how many signatures needed to accept
the block. Now just one STaTiC working therefore very easy this number is one and 100%. Need expermence founding the best ratio and number.
After all newly registered STaTiC begin the work we will see how many online and offline at a time. I don't know this number exactly before STaTiC.

8.) The first static is just temporary. Required this fast patch because nobody want mining zero rewarded blocks. After STaTiC registration success then
i will burning the checkpoint to source code. The first temporary STaTiC will be removed.
[5:28:07 PM] Borzalom: ----
[5:28:09 PM] Borzalom: remark:
These answers valid at now. This is experimental coin. If required i change the plans. Remember why no white book. Just the goal fixed. We want STaTiC nodes, community owned coin and code, community data storage system, new block signing method. I personaly want very very big community who help me reaching the goals. I know this is big goal but i hope i have enought experience and knowledge to reache these goals. I say every time This is not tipical investment money this is experimental money. I don't richer or poor if you bought or sell. This is not my money i just the developer who experimenting. I think my first goal to save investor money who invested to bitmox successed. This is a next step. I don't guarante to this next experimence will als success or not.
[6:47:41 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: Hello, I just finished the video...
[6:47:47 PM] Borzalom: ok
[6:50:15 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: I am going to post your response as is... there is no time. So, here is how I will preceed:

What a long post and good info. Who will read all that stuff excet me? Grin

CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:10:23 PM

To join the slack:

https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:18:17 PM

From reading that post I hope we get Borz some coding support soon.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:21:42 PM

Thank you CCN!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: