Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371083 times)
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:08:13 AM

how about vary the static node cost based on BTC value instead of amount of coins? e.g. costs 1 or 2 btcs to maintain each node. whether the tech can cater for this is another thing..

They need to be equal... So this must be done with XBY.

ok fair enough

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:49:40 AM

Considering the super big number of coins I say 1.000.000. I think this will help drive the price up and will also attract early investors Smiley however, there should be great benefits in being a dedicated static so that people don't dump coins
Diamond123

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:56:09 AM

Your news was superb and we are seeing also good result on trading.
TroySmith

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:42:21 AM

The new website looks great now, I hope the OP gets redone soon too.
Lopchi

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:48:41 AM

Sharing this post by seedit122 this from the Slack. This is my vote:

Ok honestly here is the deal, we need to decide how much for a masternode/static right? If we reach DASH's price point the coin will be around 80 to 85 cents. A million coins will run $800,000, which means only millionaires can run nodes. That's insane. If you want a coin based on community it should be more accessible. It shouldnt be about status it should be about community involvement, and besides people can run multiple nodes anyway so why limit the amount by so much? A stronger network, the better, so more nodes = more strength, plus you can put on the website the fact that we are running hundreds of nodes. The less of something, the better as well - lower node req means higher future price. If Borzalom wants 300 nodes thats even more reason to lower node req. What happens if someone buys and doesnt set up a node? Loses their coins? Too risky. Lower node req down to 10k - 100k range. Pull the poll, say that it was a mistake due to technicalities or something and we have lowered the node req.

Well said! +100 to you sir seedit!

You can't just start changing the rules for running a staticnode because it would become to expensive for people that want to run one later. It is still cheap to buy 1000000 coins, for the people that want to invest later it will be more expensive when the value rises, that is how things work in the real world.
The thing is that early investors will get the most benefits when a project succeed and it must be that way because they are the ones taking most risks from the start. To be able to get enough coins to run a masternode i sold a part of my Wetrust tokens, a token that a lot of people think that will do very well on the long run. If the amount of XBY needed to run a static node would become much lower then i would feel cheated because i could of made more profit trading Wetrust tokens, 500000 coins i have no problem with but lower i would say no.

Me and other investors were buying while people were spreading FUD and i can say that before the release of the first video by CCRevolution i was very carefull but after hearing him speak i was convinced that they will do their best to bring this to a good end, so i invested a lot more. You can't please everyone with your choices but i can say that the XBY community will become much stronger even when 1M coins is needed to run a staticnode.

CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:38:43 AM

Ok honestly here is the deal, we need to decide how much for a masternode/static right? If we reach DASH's price point the coin will be around 80 to 85 cents. A million coins will run $800,000, which means only millionaires can run nodes. That's insane. If you want a coin based on community it should be more accessible. It shouldnt be about status it should be about community involvement, and besides people can run multiple nodes anyway so why limit the amount by so much? A stronger network, the better, so more nodes = more strength, plus you can put on the website the fact that we are running hundreds of nodes. The less of something, the better as well - lower node req means higher future price. If Borzalom wants 300 nodes thats even more reason to lower node req. What happens if someone buys and doesnt set up a node? Loses their coins? Too risky. Lower node req down to 10k - 100k range. Pull the poll, say that it was a mistake due to technicalities or something and we have lowered the node req.

You can't just start changing the rules for running a staticnode because it would become to expensive for people that want to run one later. It is still cheap to buy 1000000 coins, for the people that want to invest later it will be more expensive when the value rises, that is how things work in the real world.
The thing is that early investors will get the most benefits when a project succeed and it must be that way because they are the ones taking most risks from the start. To be able to get enough coins to run a masternode i sold a part of my Wetrust tokens, a token that a lot of people think that will do very well on the long run. If the amount of XBY needed to run a static node would become much lower then i would feel cheated because i could of made more profit trading Wetrust tokens, 500000 coins i have no problem with but lower i would say no.

Me and other investors were buying while people were spreading FUD and i can say that before the release of the first video by CCRevolution i was very carefull but after hearing him speak i was convinced that they will do their best to bring this to a good end, so i invested a lot more. You can't please everyone with your choices but i can say that the XBY community will become much stronger even when 1M coins is needed to run a staticnode.

Thank you for your opinion Lopchi and you are not alone.

We are not trying to cheat anyone but it was a decision that we thought best to leave for the community to decide and the community is on your side at this point. Are you with us in the Slack? If not and if you would like to join us, you can send me a PM and I will invite you. We are having lots of discussion about this subject.

There are many pros and cons that we must discuss because nobody thought the price would rise so fast and we would like to see more STaTiC nodes (200 to 300 was the initial goal... with considerations at max 5 satoshis for the price... but the price shot up and now we have a Catch 22 - Not enough nodes and too high of prices with unproven/unseen code to hold people back from investing heavily and we are not going to change the amount after the STaTiCs start up. So, a small delay to debate this and Sunday we will start one way or the other)

Also, please remember that this is experimental and there may be changes along the way that need to be done for the betterment and long term stability of XtraBYtes (this has been on the ANN from day 1). This is the number 1 priority for all investors... to make sure the company grows and thrives. We are not here for a fast P&D... We are building a Community Corporation with intentions to be here for a very long time and firing up a BRAND NEW BLOCKCHAIN with a BRAND NEW CONSENSUS mechanism, only to have to fork later would not be very wise.

STaTiCs were $12 just 9 days ago and they shot up to about $1500 at one point... and even now they are sitting at $945.

So, this must be debated to do the right thing for all aspects...

Please join us.

Thank you!

kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:44:19 AM

I get your point but also it has always been a community project foremost and so the community deciding this is in line with the ethos of the project. I think we have to think long term and assume we will have a much higher price than now. Also imagine the FUD if people can say only millionare whales will control fhe network. I would say whatever is best for the coins security is the best price for a node.
ozboy2014

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:53:49 AM

i still think 500K is reasonable given the likely price increase in the near future.. the reduction in transaction rewards will have to be considered as well as we increase in price
Zeehenk

Activity: 399
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:01:54 AM

Sorry for the noob question, but can someone explain to me what a staticnode is and what is does...?

CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:45:14 AM

Slack invite is still working for those interested: 
https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/

When you wake up CCR can you put it in the Ann?
mica3006

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 08:59:32 AM

i want rate but it's not possible... how to do ?
There is no check box at the top form ... Sad
ozboy2014

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:01:40 AM

refresh your page..
mica3006

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 09:55:10 AM

refresh your page..

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/81929220170428115416.png

Google chrome
Lopchi

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:02:04 AM

We are not trying to cheat anyone but it was a decision that we thought best to leave for the community to decide and the community is on your side at this point. Are you with us in the Slack? If not and if you would like to join us, you can send me a PM and I will invite you. We are having lots of discussion about this subject.

There are many pros and cons that we must discuss because nobody thought the price would rise so fast and we would like to see more STaTiC nodes (200 to 300 was the initial goal... with considerations at max 5 satoshis for the price... but the price shot up and now we have a Catch 22 - Not enough nodes and too high of prices with unproven/unseen code to hold people back from investing heavily and we are not going to change the amount after the STaTiCs start up. So, a small delay to debate this and Sunday we will start one way or the other)

Also, please remember that this is experimental and there may be changes along the way that need to be done for the betterment and long term stability of XtraBYtes (this has been on the ANN from day 1). This is the number 1 priority for all investors... to make sure the company grows and thrives. We are not here for a fast P&D... We are building a Community Corporation with intentions to be here for a very long time and firing up a BRAND NEW BLOCKCHAIN with a BRAND NEW CONSENSUS mechanism, only to have to fork later would not be very wise.

STaTiCs were $12 just 9 days ago and they shot up to about $1500 at one point... and even now they are sitting at $945.

Please join us.

Thank you!

I understand that we need enough static nodes to create stability of Xtrabytes that is why i said that i don't have a problem with 500000 for a node. And at the current price that would be around $550 i believe. You said in the video that you rather have longterm investors to run the static nodes so it would be better to have a choice between 1000000, 750000 and 500000 because going lower especially 250000 will let too many weak hands running nodes and dump when they need money or as soon as they have a couple of bucks profit. Whatever the outcome is of this poll i'll live with it as this is a community project. And yes i joined slack today, by the way is it possible to make a video how to set up static node as i want to know what needs to happen when i do certain things .

vanfly

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:30:10 AM

refresh your page..

Google chrome

Unfortunately this is due to you still being ranked as 'newbie', you must be at least a jnr. member of the bitcointalk forums to be able to participate in polls.
Jaerky

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:35:58 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 11:53:07 AM by Jaerky

Please join us.

Thank you!

I understand that we need enough static nodes to create stability of Xtrabytes that is why i said that i don't have a problem with 500000 for a node. And at the current price that would be around $550 i believe. You said in the video that you rather have longterm investors to run the static nodes so it would be better to have a choice between 1000000, 750000 and 500000 because going lower especially 250000 will let too many weak hands running nodes and dump when they need money or as soon as they have a couple of bucks profit. Whatever the outcome is of this poll i'll live with it as this is a community project. And yes i joined slack today, by the way is it possible to make a video how to set up static node as i want to know what needs to happen when i do certain things .

It looks like its going to be me to give the hard q's and a's. Again.

This is why the decision of the requirement of masternodes should not be solely left up to the community. We need Borzalom's (and other developers) technical input. You are only thinking about money. It might be "cheap" to you to buy one million coins, but to others its quite a bit. You are an early early investor, there is no reason for you to feel "cheated" if the number is lower, especially if you are concerned about the success of the project and the long term stability of the platform. Period. I dont really care what you did to get XBY, sorry to be blunt, that is your business.

I heard Borzalom wants 300 nodes set up. With 1 million requirement thats way too high and too risky to implement. There is no reason to handicap the network because of some short sighted "early investors" wanting the one million simply because of the status associated with it. If you are a true early investor, you will not care about the requirement anyway, what you care about is the stability of the platform and how well it runs. You understand that things change especially on something early as this. There was no agreement of 1 million nodes at any time.

The range for nodes should be within 10k - 200k IMO. People can run multiple masternodes, so really, what's stopping us from creating a super stable network with many nodes? You say if the number is lower people with weak hands will drop them....I say bullshit, people dont keep coins because of node requirements, they keep the coins because they are confident in the project's ability to succeed.

Take a look at the richlist - and look at the people with 1 million plus coins. Those are the only people that will be able to run nodes in the future. Borzalom wants 300 node minimum in the future? Right now we only have around 80 people able to run nodes. And remember there are going to be people that will not bother to set up masternodes. There will be people that may not be able to. People that forget about their coins. Traders. Etc etc. You may say as the project gains traction there will be more interest. True, but the barrier of entry will grow rapidly as the martketcap grows (this aint gonna be some small cap coin).

Technical stability always comes first. Period. We want the best network possible. Limiting nodes to 1 million, or even half a million is absurd.
mica3006

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 11:43:17 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 12:03:02 PM by mica3006

I think it would be better to open an external vote accessible to everyone:

http://www.pixule.com/325773597774_the-cost-of-the-xtrabytes-static-node-should-be.html
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:53:16 AM

Please join us.

Thank you!

This is why the decision of the requirement of masternodes should not be solely left up to the community. We need Borzalom's (and other developers) technical input. You are only thinking about money. It might be "cheap" to you to buy one million coins, but to others its quite a bit. You are an early early investor, there is no reason for you to feel "cheated" if the number is lower, especially if you are concerned about the success of the project and the long term stability of the platform. Period. I dont really care what you did to get XBY, sorry to be blunt, that is your business.

I heard Borzalom wants 300 nodes set up. With 1 million requirement thats way too high and too risky to implement. There is no reason to handicap the network because of some short sighted "early investors" wanting the one million simply because of the status associated with it. If you are a true early investor, you will not care about the requirement anyway, what you care about is the stability of the platform and how well it runs. You understand that things change especially on something early as this. There was no agreement of 1 million nodes at any time.

The range for nodes should be within 10k - 200k IMO. People can run multiple masternodes, so really, what's stopping us from creating a super stable network with many nodes? You say if the number is lower people with weak hands will drop them....I say bullshit, people dont keep coins because of node requirements, they keep the coins because they are confident in the project's ability to succeed.

Technical stability always comes first. Period. We want the best network possible. Limiting nodes to 1 million, or even half a million is absurd.

I must say that I voted for 1M but I agree now by reading this that it's too much coins required to run a node
I would like to change my vote for a number between 200k and 350k coins.

Also, it would be the best if we could get the opinions of the dev and ccr too.

TroySmith

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:01:53 PM

Please join us.

Thank you!

Take a look at the richlist - and look at the people with 1 million plus coins. Those are the only people that will be able to run nodes in the future. Borzalom wants 300 node minimum in the future? Right now we only have around 80 people able to run nodes. And remember there are going to be people that will not bother to set up masternodes. There will be people that may not be able to. People that forget about their coins. Traders. Etc etc. You may say as the project gains traction there will be more interest. True, but the barrier of entry will grow rapidly as the martketcap grows (this aint gonna be some small cap coin).

I agree. I want to hear what Borzalom thinks and anyone else who understands the technology he is proposing. So many people are think 1m will mean the price will rise more. Thats a poor way to make any decision. We should also think long term not at the price now. We should assume a market cap of $50m at least when thinking about the price of nodes. I don't actually know what is best though If 1M is best and has the effect Borzalom wants then great but if it needs to now go down then fine. We got to think longer term for XBY.
Lopchi

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:09:09 PM

Have you even read that i sold tokens from another good project to buy XBY?I don't swim in money, I have to make decisions like eveyone here where to put my money so don't come saying that i am only thinking about money because you know shit about me! I didn't buy XBY for 1 sat but between 35-45sat and now people like you come crash in here and crying because the price has gone up more. And i accumulated more XBY too by selling high en buying low. That this project will succeed is the most important thing so yes i think that some decisions must be made by the dev himself. Anyway, before you point your finger at someone you better look at yourself in the mirror. Everyone has the right to give their opinions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: