Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371083 times)
ljb281

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:40:09 PM

bought some very cheap coins just now for 130, I don't think the price is getting any lower than that  Grin Grin Grin Grin

basic ta says otherwise  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:48:40 PM

bought some very cheap coins just now for 130, I don't think the price is getting any lower than that  Grin Grin Grin Grin

what is basicta?
aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:57:47 PM

what is basicta?
I think he wants to say technical analysis.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:00:35 PM

bought some very cheap coins just now for 130, I don't think the price is getting any lower than that  Grin Grin Grin Grin

basic ta says otherwise  Cry

If TA says otherwise, care sharing your chart and analysis?
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:29:44 PM

I went through the staticnode registration steps on page 20.

How is the wallet that has received the transaction supposed to know what the static node wallet is?
There is no connection between them, in the steps described on page 20.

"c.) You do not need the RECEIVE address for this wallet, it will never have coins sent to it."

Bumping this.

That is the STaTiC Wallet - It will NEVER hold coins. None of the wallets on the STaTiC network will contain coins.

This wallet and the deposit wallet (where the coins are held) are connected through the private keys in the next step that we will get to after the 50.000 block.

Thank you
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:35:35 PM

If this coin is progressing there should be a lot of buys but I'm seeing a lot of dumps instead,new name same system,the dev should prove his innocent of course yobit bot might  has something with this but it cannot go on for days,there should be improvements.

XtraBYtes is new... it has been pulled from the ashes by this community. You are FUDing... I can see by your level of experience in the forum that you know exactly how trading goes and to say what you have said is only good for casting doubt Smiley We have VERY high buys over the last few days. A coin of such low satoshi value to be on top trader at C-CEX and also in top 15 on Yobit is indicative of VERY HIGH trading.

Patience people... lets see where our price is after the next 3 months have passed. I personally am very excited because I know what is coming... I just cannot reveal all plans yet.

Hello and thanks for this fantastic new coin. If I was a dev I would like to do it like this too.

When you say new things are coming - does that mean in addition to static nodes, or a new feature besides static nodes?

There are many future plans that we are not revealing yet. Right now we are focusing on Phase 2 and also working very hard as a community to get our Internet and Social presence in line with community expectations. Once we have this in place, we will announce new things coming and wrap this up in promotions that attract more people to our community and ultimately more customers down the road as we grow into the XtraBYtes Community Corporation we are now setting up the foundation for.

Thank you for your interest!!

smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:56:41 PM

If this coin is progressing there should be a lot of buys but I'm seeing a lot of dumps instead,new name same system,the dev should prove his innocent of course yobit bot might  has something with this but it cannot go on for days,there should be improvements.

XtraBYtes is new... it has been pulled from the ashes by this community. You are FUDing... I can see by your level of experience in the forum that you know exactly how trading goes and to say what you have said is only good for casting doubt Smiley We have VERY high buys over the last few days. A coin of such low satoshi value to be on top trader at C-CEX and also in top 15 on Yobit is indicative of VERY HIGH trading.

Patience people... lets see where our price is after the next 3 months have passed. I personally am very excited because I know what is coming... I just cannot reveal all plans yet.

Hello and thanks for this fantastic new coin. If I was a dev I would like to do it like this too.

When you say new things are coming - does that mean in addition to static nodes, or a new feature besides static nodes?

There are many future plans that we are not revealing yet. Right now we are focusing on Phase 2 and also working very hard as a community to get our Internet and Social presence in line with community expectations. Once we have this in place, we will announce new things coming and wrap this up in promotions that attract more people to our community and ultimately more customers down the road as we grow into the XtraBYtes Community Corporation we are now setting up the foundation for.

I do agree with that the first post should be revamped and anything missing in it be added, new site needs to be completed. New site graphics are fresh, modern and pretty cool. The first post should match that theme design, along with social media accounts, cmc...etc

Going to be honest here, if I was just visiting this thread for the first time I'd probably just close the tab and look at the next thread/coin.

Working on static nodes is the first goal off course but having a presentable  project is needed to get more users involved and registering nodes.

Twitter is a pretty good place for promotions.

I believe before anything else, this needs to get on a proper exchange...that itself provides some good marketing among traders (lots of twitter posting). I believe Cryptopia would be the first good exchange this should be on even before block 50k.

Alot of people listen to the reputable traders on twitter, when yobit is considered one of the shittiest exchanges...well people aren't interested at what coins it adds either.
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1451
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:13:22 PM

That is the STaTiC Wallet - It will NEVER hold coins. None of the wallets on the STaTiC network will contain coins.

This wallet and the deposit wallet (where the coins are held) are connected through the private keys in the next step that we will get to after the 50.000 block.

Thank you

So that means people need the private key from the Static wallet then, the one that doesn't hold coins? That's not in the description on page 20.
Sanchoni25

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

I accept XBY/XFUEL

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:14:34 PM

I think the plan is good right now and the team is doing an excellent job! Some people here just need to be a bit more patient  Grin In 2 weeks when STaTic nodes are all set up and system is running then I think it is perfect time to get on the big exchanges. Quality and functionality are very important so wait until the basic foundation has been laid and then you will see a lot more people getting interested in XBY and join us  Smiley

reynald70

Activity: 598
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:42:34 PM

At this time is XBY very cheap price ?

Please answer friends  Huh
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:55:37 PM

Thank you

So that means people need the private key from the Static wallet then, the one that doesn't hold coins? That's not in the description on page 20.

We are working on getting all this updated right now. Currently we are not doing the STaTiC nodes, only the Deposit Wallets. Today I received the updated instructions from Borzalom and I am working towards getting it posted now.

Are you by chance someone who could assist us with some of the programming tasks? As you can probably see, we have attracted tremendous interest and our community is growing with many contributors, but we do not have any help for Borzalom yet. Please join us in Slack if you would like to get more involved.

Thank you!
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:59:24 PM

I do agree with that the first post should be revamped and anything missing in it be added, new site needs to be completed. New site graphics are fresh, modern and pretty cool. The first post should match that theme design, along with social media accounts, cmc...etc

Going to be honest here, if I was just visiting this thread for the first time I'd probably just close the tab and look at the next thread/coin.

Working on static nodes is the first goal off course but having a presentable  project is needed to get more users involved and registering nodes.

Twitter is a pretty good place for promotions.

I believe before anything else, this needs to get on a proper exchange...that itself provides some good marketing among traders (lots of twitter posting). I believe Cryptopia would be the first good exchange this should be on even before block 50k.

Alot of people listen to the reputable traders on twitter, when yobit is considered one of the shittiest exchanges...well people aren't interested at what coins it adds either.

I value your input and your humorous touch Smiley

Why don't you join us in Slack? There is a lot going on right now... all of this is being worked on with the exception of a new exchange because we are thinking it will be better NOT to attract more attention until we get caught up with the whirlwind that has occurred in the last 3 weeks since we were officially able to take over XBY.

Your contributions, insight and humor will go a long way with us. Smiley

Thanks for considering!

samspaces
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:12:28 PM

We are working on getting all this updated right now. Currently we are not doing the STaTiC nodes, only the Deposit Wallets. Today I received the updated instructions from Borzalom and I am working towards getting it posted now.

Are you by chance someone who could assist us with some of the programming tasks? As you can probably see, we have attracted tremendous interest and our community is growing with many contributors, but we do not have any help for Borzalom yet. Please join us in Slack if you would like to get more involved.

Thank you!

Thanks for the invite, but I'm not a programmer. Wish I was though!
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:26:50 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 10:16:11 AM by CCRevolution

These are the COMPLETE steps in setting up a STaTiC Node with Windows:
(These instructions are updated and reviewed by Borzalom - these are the final and complete instructions.)

1.) Download XtraBYtes Wallet from the ANN page: https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/windows-STaTiCpre/xtrabytes-qt.exe

a.) Create a directory, such as XBY wherever you want in your computer. In this example we use the D drive.
              b.) Save the wallet in its own directory (ie. D:\XBY ) [Make whatever path you want, but this example uses this sequence.]
              c.) Run wallet and allow the blockchain to sync [Go to RECEIVE coins and copy-paste your address to notepad.]

BEFORE TRANSFERRING, SAVE THE wallet.dat (from the roaming folder) to any external drive ++ export the private key of the receiving address and print this to paper ( How to export private key with the command window inside of the wallet: Click > Help > Debug Window > Console and in the bottom enter: dumpprivkey addressforreceivingijk8jhyjl0u7y3e ) And remember, paper never has technical issues with security!

d.) You can transfer spendable coins to this wallet if you have extra (rather than leaving on exchange) [Do Not Send STaTiC Node Coins here if buying the exact amounts because each transfer has a fee of 100 XBY and you will pay extra fees because this is NOT the deposit wallet for the STaTiC node.]
              e.) Close the wallet

This will be your MAIN wallet that you can hold spendable coins in, so its like your MAIN bank account.

Your external drive now contains:
spendable/wallet.dat
Your paper contains:
Address of spendable : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Private key of address of spendable: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2.) Creating Deposit Wallet:

a.) Open cmd window [Start button > Type cmd in Search Programs and Files (click enter)]
              b.) Type the following commands: d: (click enter) cd d:\XBY (click enter)
              c.) Type the following commands: mkdir deposit (click enter) [This just created a new directory called "deposit" in your XBY folder.]
              d.) Type the following commands: xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=deposit (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (assuming you have coins in your MAIN "spendable" wallet) and therefore it is a completely different wallet.]
              e.) Copy-paste your RECEIVE address (to notepad) and IDENTIFY it as your DEPOSIT wallet.
!!! SAVE PRIVATE KEYS + WALLET just like like section 1.) !!!
              f.) Close the wallet.

spendable/wallet.dat
deposit/wallet.dat
Your paper contains:
Address of deposit : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Private key of address of deposit: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTICE - DO NOT CLOSE CMD WINDOW [Unless you want to type all the commands again later.]

3.) Sending XBY to your DEPOSIT Address:

a.) Go back to your notepad and copy the wallet address which is identified as your DEPOSIT wallet.
              b.) Option 1 - Send exact amount of coins directly from C-CEX to Deposit Address. * Option 2 -Send available coins from SPENDABLE WALLET [original MAIN wallet] to your Deposit wallet.

Option 1:
              i) Go to C-CEX and do a transfer of 500.100 XBY to the address that is pasted in your notepad [Your DEPOSIT WALLET.]

Option 2:
              i) Make sure no wallets are open and navigate (normally) to your XBY folder. [not through the cmd options].
              ii) Open MAIN wallet by clicking on the xtrabytes-qt.exe (ICON) in your XBY directory. [Just like you would open any other QT wallet.]
              iii) Send 500.100 to the address pasted in your notepad [Your DEPOSIT WALLET.]
              iv) Exit your MAIN wallet

4.) Registering Your STaTiC Node:

a.) Go back to the cmd window [if you closed it, start with the initial commands noted above]
              b.) Click the UP arrow on your keyboard and this brings up the last command entered (this saves you typing time) and simply change the last letter of the command. [The last command (if you did not close) was xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=deposit and this is your STaTiC-DEPOSIT wallet. Click enter and this will open your Deposit Wallet again and if not already done, you must allow it to sync.]
              c.) You should have 500.100 XBY in this wallet now (If not, you have made a mistake... you MUST have EXACTLY 500.100 XBY) and now you click Register STaTiC node on the TOP bar of the wallet.

Enter the static node name + spendable address before pressing the [Get New Keypairs button ] If filled in then these values also will be copied to the clipboard.

e.) Next you will see: Friendly name (non-computerized) of STaTiC node and is optional, but suggested. which means you can call your STaTiC node: Henry or Martha or S1... etc. and the spendable wallet is where you can enter the address of your EARNINGS wallet (as opposed to your MAIN) wallet if you wish to keep your SHOCKs (rewards) separate from your MAIN spendable wallet. [In other words, the SHOCKs will default to your MAIN wallet if you do not enter this field.]
              d.) If everything is OK, you will see: Press the [Get New Keypairs] button ! At the bottom left, press the button and then follow the onscreen instructions EXACTLY as they are written... this is for YOUR security.

BEFORE PRESS REGISTER BUTTON PASTE THE CLIPBOARD TO TEXT FILE AND PRINT + SAVE
spendable/wallet.dat
deposit/wallet.dat
deposit/static-registrationkeys.txt
Your paper contains:
Registration public key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registration private key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx VERY IMPORTANT!!!

f.) When finished, you click at the bottom right: Register STaTiC node (this is currently disabled during our testing period, so you can do this process several times to make sure you do not make mistakes when it time to actually REGISTER for REAL.
              g.) Next step after this will be to backup your wallet.dat and also go into the: Help > Debug window > Console (of the wallet) and at the bottom you enter dumpprivkey (space - a space, not the words and brackets) and then you enter your Deposit address and click enter. This will give you the private key of the wallet. Better yet: Zip and save the "deposit" folder after confirmation of the registration transaction.
              h.) On a notepad you should have the following: Deposit wallet address, private key from Deposit wallet address, plus the KEYPAIRS created by the STaTiC registration system. This information is GOLD... you MUST print this, also make backup copies on stick and also on the stick you must also save your wallet.dat file. Then you REMOVE this information AND your Deposit wallet from your computer. However, definitely make BACKUPS of of everything now... removal will come after the STaTiC system is launched and live for you.

After registration succes, and you make DOUBLE!!! backups and print all the information to paper,
you don't need the deposit wallet anymore. ( delete it from your computer )
Your coins stay in the cold wallet, not on your computer. No viruses, no hacking etc... your deposited
coins are secure.

How to BREAK YOUR STATIC, and spend the money?
1.) Restore your deposit wallet from backup ( zip-ed and saved to pendrive earlier ) and spend
When you begin spending your deposit the STaTiC automatically breaks.
2.) If you want to use the paper to restore then:
          a.) create empty folder "restore-deposit"
          b.) start xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=restore-deposit
          c.) execute importprivkey xxxxxyour-private-key-from-paperxxxxxxxxxxx
               command inside the wallet ( white- command window )
          d.) spend your deposit... and your StaTiC will break

5. Creating STaTiC Node Wallet:

a.)  In cmd window, type the following commands: mkdir staticnode (click enter) [Please notice the name of the directory now... this is the STaTiC directory "staticnode".]

DEPOSIT is 100% independent now in the cold wallet, saved to disk and printed to paper. This is not
needed anymore, unless someone wants to spend the coins. From now on, we will use the private key that you generated during the registration of the deposit wallet and NOT THE DEPOSIT WALLET PRIVATE KEY. This key a randomly generated different key. If anyone steals this key then you have ability to generate new private-public keypairs

b.) Type the following commands: xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (this will ALWAYS be empty so again, it is a completely different wallet.]
              c.) You do not need the RECEIVE address for this wallet, it will never have coins sent to it.
              d.) Create xtrabytes.conf file inside the staticnode folder add these lines:

rpcuser=very-long-your-secret-username- NOT!!! the REGISTERED STATIC NAME
rpcpassword=extreme-long-supersecret-password
rpcport=34001
rpcbind=127.0.0.1
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
txindex=1
staticnodeprivatekey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------
xxxxx = the very-very long private key as you get until registration process

KEEP YOUR STaTiC NODE ONLINE !!! ALWAYS

Security is of the highest priority with our system and your STaTiC is 100% secure.
If if anyone attacks the STaTiC, it is impossible to steal any valuable data and
there are no coins or reusable keys available...

Therefore an attack is extremely expensive and the reward is zero, so this is another
reason why your STaTiC-s are so secure. In other words, a successful attack is
easily repaired and completely pointless in the end.

Some people think it is possible to steal the deposit if someone hacks/cracks/attacks the STaTiC.
It is NOT POSSIBLE TO STEAL THE DEPOSIT because the Deposit and STaTiC are 100% independent
from each other and the deposit is in cold storage.

And remember, This is NOT A TEST SYSTEM... the wallet works, the STaTiC registration system can be completed. So, be careful...

Thank you!!

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:27:40 PM

Thank you!

Thanks for the invite, but I'm not a programmer. Wish I was though!

Feel free to join us if you wish...

I posted the updated instructions above.

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:36:45 PM

I have been following this Coin for a week now and really like the active participation of people and Dev here. I just want to know one question before i setup my static node. Can you tell me exactly what is the benefit of having a static node ?

Thank you for your interest!

STaTiC is an acronym for Service, Transactions and Trusted in Control.

Therefore, our nodes are first of all Trusted (the are not just random computers creating blocks).

They handle all SERVICES offered on our decentralized super system (storage will be the first application and all other marketable applications will be added over time).

Any and all TRANSACTIONS will come through the nodes and are verified by the PoSign consensus system.

Thus, they are the front line CONTROL of the entire system.

Each STaTiC is treated equally and will therefore receive an EQUAL portion of available revenues that come through the system and this will be allotted after corporate expenses have been paid.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:55:25 PM

Please note that we made an important wallet fix today that requires everyone update their wallet... Please download the wallet from the link below, but do your backup first and also close the wallet to restart it after replacing the old wallet.

https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/tag/windows-STaTiCpre

Thank you!
samspaces
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:53:48 PM

Updated instructions make more sense now.

If I understand correctly, what is a big security risk, is that the online static wallet should contain the private key of the deposit wallet. This negates the purpose of the wallet with the deposit being offline.

Instead, you could suffice with the txid of the transaction. This allows for a check that the deposit is still in the address and that way the online static wallet is totally secure.
xGHOSTRYDERx

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:03:04 AM

Hi all, Just bought my first 100k on C-CEX after reading your site and blog. Is there any way to buy a StaTicNode? I'm a bit confused on how to buy it and how much it would cost. Thanks.

-Ghost
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:24:54 AM

These are the COMPLETE steps in setting up a STaTiC Node with Windows:
(These instructions are updated and reviewed by Borzalom - these are the final and complete instructions.)

BEFORE PRESS REGISTER BUTTON PASTE THE CLIPBOARD TO TEXT FILE AND PRINT + SAVE
spendable/wallet.dat
deposit/wallet.dat
deposit/static-registrationkeys.txt
Your paper contains:
Registration public key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registration private key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx VERY IMPORTANT!!!

After registration succes, and you make DOUBLE!!! backups and print all the information to paper,
you don't need the deposit wallet anymore. ( delete it from your computer )
Your coins stay in the cold wallet, not on your computer. No viruses, no hacking etc... your deposited
coins are secure.

How to BREAK YOUR STATIC, and spend the money?
1.) Restore your deposit wallet from backup ( zip-ed and saved to pendrive earlier ) and spend
When you begin spending your deposit the STaTiC automatically breaks.
2.) If you want to use the paper to restore then:
          a.) create empty folder "restore-deposit"
          b.) start xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=restore-deposit
          c.) execute importprivkey xxxxxyour-private-key-from-paperxxxxxxxxxxx
               command inside the wallet ( white- command window )
          d.) spend your deposit... and your StaTiC will break

DEPOSIT is 100% independent now in the cold wallet, saved to disk and printed to paper. This is not
needed anymore, unless someone wants to spend the coins. From now on, we will use the private key
that you generated during the registration of the deposit wallet.

b.) Type the following commands: xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (this will ALWAYS be empty so again, it is a completely different wallet.]
              c.) You do not need the RECEIVE address for this wallet, it will never have coins sent to it.
              d.) Create xtrabytes.conf file inside the staticnode folder add these lines:

rpcuser=very-long-your-secret-username- NOT!!! the REGISTERED STATIC NAME
rpcpassword=extreme-long-supersecret-password
rpcport=34001
rpcbind=127.0.0.1
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
txindex=1
staticnodeprivatekey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------
xxxxx = the very-very long private key as you get until registration process

KEEP YOUR STaTiC NODE ONLINE !!! ALWAYS

And remember, This is NOT A TEST SYSTEM... the wallet works, the STaTiC registration system can be completed. So, be careful...

Thank you!!

Thank you for the updated information.  This will make the process much easier for people.  I went through and made sure I had all the backups information by going down the list you created.  Very nice!  Newest update of the wallet is working great.  STaTiC Node is registered.  The community is growing and its a pretty exciting time to get involed with XBY.  If any of you guys have any questions, (I know I did) join the Slack.  Looking forward to new developments and the nodes going online.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: