Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:54:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371083 times)
fud_etra

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:03:12 AM

Great progress, I see something very interesting coming in the coming weeks Smiley

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:53:00 AM

Bitcoin relatively is safe but flaws like 51% attacks would put a lot of information and money at stake if it happened. Now seems like the perfect time for a more secure blochain to shine.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/blockchain-tech-offers-solution-to-wannacry-type-cyberattacks-contrary-to-msm-brainwashing
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:17:02 AM

Whatever you do people don't sell. There is some serious suppression of price desperately trying to hold the price down to accumulate. Very soon the price will catapult back. Don't lose your coins to them.

It takes sellers to hold the price down.  Certain people are sniping sell orders in large blocks every once in a while.. that's how my orders for 333 and 320 sats got filled.   People claim manipulation but nobody is putting a gun to people's heads forcing them to sell at these levels.  Once these people stop selling, there will be room to move the bid higher.  Thanks for the somewhat cheap xtrabytes, by the way.

NEM/XEM is already a pretty secure blockchain, but from what I've seen this is probably more secure yet, though it's questionable whether that security is needed, but nonetheless NEM is trading at a little bit higher of a marketcap, so there's room in one's portfolio for both coins.  :\

On another note, I think it's smart not to release the full source code of a coin... if a coin is really good, like NEM, they'd be better off considering the code as part of their intellectual property, or a "trade secret" and give just enough code out to let people know it's safe to use, but outside of that what good does it do releasing the full source code which lets people use it and make clone coins?  Ripple went closed source and I think they were smart to do so, from a business and investment standpoint.
kubricktrader

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:39:19 AM

Whatever you do people don't sell. There is some serious suppression of price desperately trying to hold the price down to accumulate. Very soon the price will catapult back. Don't lose your coins to them.

It takes sellers to hold the price down.  Certain people are sniping sell orders in large blocks every once in a while.. that's how my orders for 333 and 320 sats got filled.   People claim manipulation but nobody is putting a gun to people's heads forcing them to sell at these levels.  Once these people stop selling, there will be room to move the bid higher.  Thanks for the somewhat cheap xtrabytes, by the way.

NEM/XEM is already a pretty secure blockchain, but from what I've seen this is probably more secure yet, though it's questionable whether that security is needed, but nonetheless NEM is trading at a little bit higher of a marketcap, so there's room in one's portfolio for both coins.  :\

On another note, I think it's smart not to release the full source code of a coin... if a coin is really good, like NEM, they'd be better off considering the code as part of their intellectual property, or a "trade secret" and give just enough code out to let people know it's safe to use, but outside of that what good does it do releasing the full source code which lets people use it and make clone coins?  This is kind of what Ripple did, and their success does show....

You're right but what i was warning people is not to believe the market moves at face value. One trader on yobit has already admitted to be working with 3 others and 7.5btc to move the market which is so easy with such a thin vol. In the end I dont care, markets can work themselves out I guess im defensive as most people are of coins they own and believe in. Its not the trading that annoys me its listening to the bullshit that comes with it. People deserve maybe to lose their coins if they are convinced 1-3 btc buys and sells that ramp up or dump this market are any indication of real value.

Yeah NEM as a POS coin has tackled the problem of attacked nodes but their description suggests its not 100% but an attempt as minimizing the issue. Heres how I look at it, even if the likely hood of a coin being attacked is .01% if you have a method that is 0% what would people use in the future when you need absolutes be it cloud storage. Gov records or the nuclear codes? Obviously extreme examples but you get my point, people will always choose the ultimate system available even if there is an element of psychology involved.

Please trust me on this crypto world hate anything that is not open source, if we dont the backlash would kill it. First mover is a huge advantage. Maybe some element could be patented like the services on top of  of base coin...but i dunno.
Southpaw

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:58:04 PM

On another note, I think it's smart not to release the full source code of a coin... if a coin is really good, like NEM, they'd be better off considering the code as part of their intellectual property, or a "trade secret" and give just enough code out to let people know it's safe to use, but outside of that what good does it do releasing the full source code which lets people use it and make clone coins?  This is kind of what Ripple did, and their success does show....

You're right but what i was warning people is not to believe the market moves at face value. One trader on yobit has already admitted to be working with 3 others and 7.5btc to move the market which is so easy with such a thin vol. In the end I dont care, markets can work themselves out I guess im defensive as most people are of coins they own and believe in. Its not the trading that annoys me its listening to the bullshit that comes with it. People deserve maybe to lose their coins if they are convinced 1-3 btc buys and sells that ramp up or dump this market are any indication of real value.

Yeah NEM as a POS coin has tackled the problem of attacked nodes but their description suggests its not 100% but an attempt as minimizing the issue. Heres how I look at it, even if the likely hood of a coin being attacked is .01% if you have a method that is 0% what would people use in the future when you need absolutes be it cloud storage. Gov records or the nuclear codes? Obviously extreme examples but you get my point, people will always choose the ultimate system available even if there is an element of psychology involved.

Please trust me on this crypto world hate anything that is not open source, if we dont the backlash would kill it. First mover is a huge advantage. Maybe some element could be patented like the services on top of  of base coin...but i dunno.

This is a something that I have spent a great deal of time thinking about recently and I think it would be wise for us to come together as a community to reach an agreement before we take too many leaps forward. My view is more in line with dissident on this one. If XtraBytes turns out to be even half as groundbreaking as it is setting itself up to be, it doesn’t make sense to me from a business standpoint for us not to take whatever steps we can to protect our vested interests.

Kubrick has a solid point with regard to first-mover advantage, but I constantly look around in this space and I see so many goddamn pirates all over the place doing whatever they can just to turn a profit. If we leave ourselves open I am concerned that there will be many others who will try to tack features atop xby, rebrand it, and try to pass it all off as their own creation. Moreover, what’s to stop a much larger, more organized and well-funded company from coming across this project and doing the same exact thing: dumping their resources on an alternate and making it more accessible to the masses faster than we can keep up? We can all attest to the fact that more and more companies than ever before are finally beginning to give crypto serious consideration for its real-world capabilities. I would hate to see some company recognize the value that a 100% secure node network offers for cloud computing, as you mentioned in an example, and then rip us off for their own self-interests.

Not to make this entirely too long-winded, but this reminded me of an experience that may be fairly relevant: A few years back I befriended a programmer who was working on a startup with a remarkable approach to network security. Similar to how we have seen Borz coding like a madman on this project, I watched her build an unbelievable system in just a matter of weeks. When it came to securing investors, however, she ran into a brick wall because there was no way for her to protect the IP of the system she had built. This wasn’t to say she wasn’t a gifted programmer (two years later she would be recruited to serve our benevolent overlords at Google) but it was impossible to get the project adequate support without a way to ensure that the system could keep its competitive advantages.

I put all of this forward for your consideration while acknowledging that I am still new to this technology myself, and perhaps I have misunderstood exactly what you had in mind when you said it would be open source, but I believe that the more we can protect ourselves, the better off we will be in the long run. 
Lsubtcfan

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:46:23 PM

I think your thought process is spot on
 No, I am not a technical individual versed in the intricacies of crypto protocols but protecting the ip, especially as a community, which I believe is the soul of this project and can set us apart from other get rich quick schemes, is a thought experiment we should address. Chris.
kubricktrader

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:25:56 PM

I am wondering if this is some kind of next level FUD. If we say we wont be open source then the project will be destroyed with FUD about hiding the code and its just fake and a clone etc etc it would never rise in value. Crypto is open source. Period. And two newbie posts suspiciously posting wont change that.
smbbm

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:07:08 PM

I am wondering if this is some kind of next level FUD. If we say we wont be open source then the project will be destroyed with FUD about hiding the code and its just fake and a clone etc etc it would never rise in value. Crypto is open source. Period. And two newbie posts suspiciously posting wont change that.
I completely agree. Just imagine what would happen if bitcoin source code/whitepaper is closed? There would be no XtraBYtest project at all in the first place. Advantage of being first is significant enough. Still, you can postpone releasing source code for time when its ready-enough. But project must be declared as open-sourced. It's true that NEM/XEM is only partially open but as I understand they are planning to open it completely.
Southpaw

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:15:12 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 08:26:08 PM by Southpaw

My intention was not to FUD and I definitely wouldn't want to prevent us from publishing a whitepaper, as that is an enormously important milestone for us to cross. The only point I was trying to make is that it may be wise to strike a balance between transparency and putting yourself at risk.

Take Borz for example. Anyone who has read through this thread and the previous ones in their entirety can see that he has been as transparent as possible throughout the project. The most recent instance being the troll who claimed he had stolen the community wallet. In this case Borz was quick to post evidence showing that the funds were still intact. However, Borz still has not gone so far as to reveal his entire source code (ie: his identity) to us. In other words, he has kept himself as transparent as possible without putting himself at risk.

I was merely suggesting that perhaps the same principle should apply here as well.

EDIT: It may be wise to follow a plan such as NEM where we can gain traction while partially open and then fully release once the timing is right. Thoughts?
dissident

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:36:40 PM

I support at least delaying the release of the source for some time until the project matures. A few people might complain but let them.   NEM is mature technology and a top 5 coin though I would still not release the full source code, I would make other companies license and pay a fee to use the code.  I'm not sure how they are working out the Mijin project with Tech bureau, but a lot of the under the hood improvements are still being kept under wraps.  The reason there are 500 altcoins with 475 of them being more or less worthless clone coins is the open source concept. It's better for the blockchain technology as it continues to mature to have a few good closed or partially open source projects that cannot simply be cloned.  At the very least, the parts of the source code that make this coin unique from others should be kept as confidential.

Ripple is proof that a coin can become extremely valuable despite a negative perception by a number of people.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:53:25 PM

I support at least delaying the release of the source for some time until the project matures. A few people might complain but let them.   NEM is mature technology and a top 5 coin though I would still not release the full source code, I would make other companies license and pay a fee to use the code.  I'm not sure how they are working out the Mijin project with Tech bureau, but a lot of the under the hood improvements are still being kept under wraps.  The reason there are 500 altcoins with 475 of them being more or less worthless clone coins is the open source concept. It's better for the blockchain technology as it continues to mature to have a few good closed or partially open source projects that cannot simply be cloned.  At the very least, the parts of the source code that make this coin unique from others should be kept as confidential.

Ripple is proof that a coin can become extremely valuable despite a negative perception by a number of people.

It should be open source, everything gets cloned but the original is always king.

There's tons of coins with cool innovations that are open source, open source leads to other developers ripping the code apart, experimenting and improving....

Open source everything...
yosir

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:13:57 PM

My intention was not to FUD and I definitely wouldn't want to prevent us from publishing a whitepaper, as that is an enormously important milestone for us to cross. The only point I was trying to make is that it may be wise to strike a balance between transparency and putting yourself at risk.

Take Borz for example. Anyone who has read through this thread and the previous ones in their entirety can see that he has been as transparent as possible throughout the project. The most recent instance being the troll who claimed he had stolen the community wallet. In this case Borz was quick to post evidence showing that the funds were still intact. However, Borz still has not gone so far as to reveal his entire source code (ie: his identity) to us. In other words, he has kept himself as transparent as possible without putting himself at risk.

I was merely suggesting that perhaps the same principle should apply here as well.

EDIT: It may be wise to follow a plan such as NEM where we can gain traction while partially open and then fully release once the timing is right. Thoughts?

I think that you presented your opinion well and can find logic in your suggestion plus I don't like when something that somebody don't like immediately dismissed as FUD ( as way to suppress real discussion ). Finally goal of each project should be definitely open source, bit it can revealed in steps when projects will be more mature. This has it's pros and cons for sure, but your suggestion definitely worth at least bit of thinking about it.
dissident

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:22:58 PM

It should be open source, everything gets cloned but the original is always king.

There's tons of coins with cool innovations that are open source, open source leads to other developers ripping the code apart, experimenting and improving....

Open source everything...

I do understand that argument. It also lets more people make improvements to the existing project more easily.  NEM has had it's share of volunteers that have made various improvements.  I'm just glad to see we are debating the pros and cons here. I like to hear this discussion. Delay releasing the code until the project is more mature? Releasing the code to people who are trusted and plan to make improvements that are part of the xtrabytes team? There are a few things that I ponder.
Southpaw

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:45:32 PM

I would support the concept of transitioning to open source at some point in XBY's roadmap. I see it presents a great opportunity in terms of both raw experimentation and improvement.

But concerning an open release right from the get-go, would this really be to our advantage? On one hand being open would lend credibility and accelerate the adoption rate. On other hand I worry that we might be contributing to scammers that harm the integrity of what we are trying to do here.
borzalom

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:53:42 PM

Logo and wallet updated at c-cex.
https://c-cex.com/?p=xby-btc
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1202

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 10:30:59 PM

I am fully supportive of this project I would like to send questions or interviews to who are in charge in this project,these questions are provided by bitcointalk users I would like to know where I can send the set of questions it will be shares on various social media of course.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
bikerleszno

Activity: 656
Merit: 501

XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 10:33:22 PM

I am fully supportive of this project I would like to send questions or interviews to who are in charge in this project,these questions are provided by bitcointalk users I would like to know where I can send the set of questions it will be shares on various social media of course.

Ask here or join our slack channel Smiley

XBY - New Technology Coin (POSIGN) - https://xtrabytes.global
Telegram Group - https://t.me/xtrabytes_official
kubricktrader

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:43:06 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 10:58:04 PM by kubricktrader

Just know projects have failed cause they selayed openonf the source code. Only somone who want to hold the price down or even try to destroy this would even think about it. The original is always king everything else is clones. And by the way I dont buy these sockpuppets all sounding exactly like the same person and agreeing with each other...so cut that crap out.

And yes Yosir the sockpuppets do all sound very distinctive like a public school boy who swallowed a dictionary...just like your posts.
vanfly

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:29:25 PM

Hi robelneo,

Feel free to join our slack or pm me with these questions and I can forward them through to the correct people.

Our slack can be accessed here: https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/

Thank you.
hellohello_____

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:21:23 AM

hey guys, how far along would you say you all are on a plan for scaling the infastructure of this coin? not just in terms of technology, but building a team and getting institutional backing. it seems all top coins have a pretty professional infastructure, and i'm curious as to how you guys are going to approach this.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: