Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371083 times)
VALTER 1061

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:12:30 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2017, 10:19:58 PM by VALTER 1061

..."the community chose Bter with Nova..."
 why not  Bittrex ?

Please join us in Slack...

This question has been answered there and in here dozens of times. We are not going to Bittrex until the tech is ready. This is for everyone's best interest and no matter what people say, we are not doing things differently. We will go to the big exchanges later, when we are ready with the tech.

Why?

Because we are developing our technology and its enough of a challenge when the community we have gets upset at hurdles we deal with while developing. So, rather than piss off the GREATER crypto community and have them not want to come back later perhaps, it is best if we just be patient.

My advice is to pick up some cheap XBY, get involved with Slack like you are here and then when we are ready you will know everything that is happening and will have been able to make informed decisions regarding getting involved with XBY early.

Thank you for understanding!

Thank you.
I understand
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeoplePower

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:14:07 PM

In addition, we have decided that in light of the world of exchanges starting to test the new P2P DEX platforms, we will also register with Securenet BarterDEX. The key reasons for this is to give us an inside look at how a P2P DEX system works.

Why do we want to know this?

Well, you may have heard us talk about X-CHANGE here and there and I can tell you that it is becoming more than a concept and idea for a module now. Work has not yet started on it, but initial plans are coming together and in a few more days I will make another big announcement that will cast more light on the X-CHANGE module, along with a few other exciting developments.

This sounds really interesting. Any estimate for the time frame to get listed on Securenet BarterDEX?
TAHAMERIAM08

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:21:43 PM

XBY EXCHANGE EXPANSION

Hello Everyone!

We have recently done a poll to see where the XTRABYTES community would like to expand at this stage in the development of the XBY tech and as you might know, the community chose Bter with Nova in second place and Livecoin in a distant fourth.

While we do our best to listen to the community, there are times when decisions that differ from what the polls tell us need to be made and this is one of those times.

Further research has revealed that in addition to some of the unknown factors regarding Chinese exchanges at this time, it was also brought to our attention that there have been a few issues within Bter and we simply feel that at this time, after what has happened with Yobit, the better choice for XTRABYTES is to go to Nova Exchange.

With that said, I can also let you know that I have tried registering with them and due to some upgrades they are making, my registration has not gone through yet. However, as soon as I am active, I will pay the 1 BTC fee and get us listed ASAP after that.

In addition, we have decided that in light of the world of exchanges starting to test the new P2P DEX platforms, we will also register with Securenet BarterDEX. The key reasons for this is to give us an inside look at how a P2P DEX system works.

Why do we want to know this?

Well, you may have heard us talk about X-CHANGE here and there and I can tell you that it is becoming more than a concept and idea for a module now. Work has not yet started on it, but initial plans are coming together and in a few more days I will make another big announcement that will cast more light on the X-CHANGE module, along with a few other exciting developments.

Thank you!

The XTRABYTES Crew

hello dear developer I have like some people hir , problem withdrawals with yobit our investment in xby coin  steel blocked in xtrabytes explorer more  then 2 month can you find a solution for our problem or not you have been suggested at your official website
And please how can we cancel this withdrawal in xtrabytes explorer
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:38:34 PM

Why the hell not Hit-BTC?

HitBTC has more traffic than the ones we chose...

If Nova exchange listing is free then no problem otherwise don't waste our btc. I have an active account at Nova. Zero volume exchange.

I believe CCR said the listing fee for Nova was around 1 BTC that he would pay for it himself (or gathered funds by board, idk). Not sure tho.
listing your coin on novaexchange has been and still is free, you just fill in the form and have to get 250 votes for it to get added

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
AltsBoom

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:36:56 PM

An x-change??

Can someone got more detail into this new buzz word.

Also, any updates on level 1 node openings?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bigboss154

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:07:11 AM

An x-change??

Can someone got more detail into this new buzz word.

Also, any updates on level 1 node openings?

It is just the name of a potential module, a decentralized exchange on the XTRABYTES network I would assume.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 01:33:12 AM

If Nova exchange listing is free then no problem otherwise don't waste our btc. I have an active account at Nova. Zero volume exchange.

I believe CCR said the listing fee for Nova was around 1 BTC that he would pay for it himself (or gathered funds by board, idk). Not sure tho.
listing your coin on novaexchange has been and still is free, you just fill in the form and have to get 250 votes for it to get added

Is it on the process of listing  XBY on Nova now? Just post the link here sir and we will start voting it. I know this is a good coin, and having a good support here also. Our thread is active also. Good luck to dev team, I am always supportive of your project.
cefinnell01

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:31:55 AM

A vote on Novaexchange is not free. Each vote costs 10 Npoints. You cane either buy the Npoints, or you receive them based on your regular trading volume.
Wolfkop

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:29:12 AM

Is someone of the team able to say when the website is finished? I understand that the tech is experimental and therefor hard to set deadlines but for a website it should be possible.
krizniq

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:08:59 AM

why is everyone so obsessed with webpage?

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
TAHAMERIAM08

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:40:54 AM

why is everyone so obsessed with webpage?
because we have a problem withdrawals and deposits and we want help from developer of xby coin
krizniq

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:43:44 AM

this is nothing to be solved by xby dev team! this is purely on Yobit site and there were SEVERAL warnings to not to use this shitty exchange.

And again, website will not solve yobit at all. So again, why everyone is so obsessed with webpage.

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
TAHAMERIAM08

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:20:23 AM

this is nothing to be solved by xby dev team! this is purely on Yobit site and there were SEVERAL warnings to not to use this shitty exchange.

And again, website will not solve yobit at all. So again, why everyone is so obsessed with webpage.
no please yobit and c-cex exchange s has been suggested in official website of xby don't tell that
krizniq

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:29:14 AM

there is BIG RED WARNING at ANN post: YOBIT WARNING - Do NOT use YOBIT until they update our wallet and allow our members to FREELY move their XBY.

bigboss154

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:26:16 PM

New session TESTNET with PULSE system and VITALS soon in progress

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved !

Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xtrabytes/xtrabytes-test-net-has-begun

Slack invite link: https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com!

For those who want to have fun and spam the XBY network
The XBY script is available now on the GitHub XBY:
https://github.com/menesescesar/Blockchain-testnet-tester

The XBY script works on Linux and Windows, it allows to send multiple transactions in loop.
Here is the XBY test interface you need to get when the script is installed on Windows.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:00:57 PM

We should all vote on Nova to get XBY listed there for free.
This community is big enough to make that a reality.

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:15:08 PM

According to the quoted paragraph below, it seems to me that Xtrabytes transactions are anonymous or can offer that functionality. Did I understood this correctly? Thanks!
"VITALS comprises a private network directly interconnecting the online STATIC nodes;  effectively providing VPN-like functionality to the network. VITALS therefore supports the communication needs of the XTRABYTES blockchain by providing interference-free direct paths between nodes to ensure security and speed when processing transactions."
bigboss154

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:57:20 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 10:14:04 PM by bigboss154

According to the quoted paragraph below, it seems to me that Xtrabytes transactions are anonymous or can offer that functionality. Did I understood this correctly? Thanks!
"VITALS comprises a private network directly interconnecting the online STATIC nodes;  effectively providing VPN-like functionality to the network. VITALS therefore supports the communication needs of the XTRABYTES blockchain by providing interference-free direct paths between nodes to ensure security and speed when processing transactions."

Here is a Q&A from borz a while back that has your answer in it.  Smiley

"1. Here is my question: CCrevolution said : If 1 or several STATIC nodes go rogue, the others ask them to correct themselves and if they do not correct...they get blacklisted - BOOM Shutdown attack. Now if something would go very wrong and only 1 'good' STATIC would be left, would it still be able to protect against the rest that went rogue?

1.) If the client isn't fake and it uses the correct last version of code, it will never get blacklisted. This is the reason why we will never have only one client controlling the network.

2. How many nodes would you need to be compromised for the system to be considered insecure, is a 51% attack via nodes possible?

2.) The PoSign is not a voting system therefore 51% or any other percent does not exist. All blocks are signed by all STATICs . If only one STATIC signs the block then it is still valid. Later, if other STATICs validate they will also sign.

3. Will the project send coins anonymously and if not will it be possible to add that as a feature in the future?

3.) Anonymity is not the goal, trust is the goal.

4. Can you comment on scalability, will we have no problems if this coin became as big or bigger than Bitcoin?

4.) Scalablity is unlimited.

5. If someone owned ALL the nodes or even 99% of the nodes what could they do? Steal the beats of the coins or shutdown the system? I know it might not be economically profitable to do so but what if a Government later with unlimited resources tried, could it be done?

5.) This is not POW, therefore unlimited resources means nothing.

6. Its a very general question and has already been hinted at. But please can you say more about what makes this more secure than other coins on the market right now. And could you explain the kind of scenario that would have to happen for the system to be hacked even if that is theoretically a long shot. Can you say this coin is 100% unhackable? Or are we talking almost impossible?

6.) I hope 100% unhackable.

7. Is it possible to implement a smart contract platform into XTRABYTES in the future, similar to Etherium's smart contracts?

7.) Yes, i have lot of better plans than ETH

Another set of questions:

1. Are the virtual nodes and their network generated exclusively by a new block/transaction that is created by the STATIC and nonSTATIC nodes?

1.) The XBY owners create transactions. Nodes validate the transactions only. Nodes never create transactions. The virtual nodes will be creating blocks from validated transactions.

2. Is the number of individual chord nodes possible the same as the number of STATIC and nonSTATIC nodes online?

2.) No. The number of virtual nodes is fixed. All virtual nodes are controlled by one or more STATIC and nonSTATIC  nodes. If the number of STATICs is less than virtual nodes then random STATICs  will control additional virtual nodes.

3. If a virtual chord node is generated only by a new block/transaction created by the STATIC and nonSTATIC nodes, then can’t the STATIC and nonSTATIC nodes be attacked and disabled by DDOS?

3.) Example: S1 STATIC controls V1 virtual node. If attacker attacks and disables S1 STATIC  then other ( S2 or S3 ... etc...) STATICs  will take control of the V1 virtual node until the S1 STATIC DDOS has stopped.
"

Some more related info on how this will work:

P2P systems work like this:

This is not the best type of network and therefore many problems exist. You have displayed some
 of these problems, but more exist which is why we will be using a type of "overview" network.

This is another very big innovation we are implementing and no other coin uses overview networks:

We will use what is referred to as a chord overview network where the the STATIC and nonSTATIC  nodes connect to "chord nodes". The "chord network" is a "virtual overview" or in other words, the upper layer of the network and we will call it the Virtual Chord Network.

The STATIC nodes and the nonSTATIC  nodes create the blocks... All nodes create the same block and all blocks have the same blockhash. Therefore, all block have the same ID (we will explain later why contain all blocks contain the same transactions).

Transactions work exactly the same as the block creation and so now we can see that all blocks will be the same in each STATIC and nonSTATIC  and later you will see why this is, as we continue this explanation.

Each node (STATIC and nonSTATIC ) is connected to one "virtual chord node" the chord nodes are only virtual, instead of being real nodes. If the block is ID=1 ( or if we create transaction then TR ID ) then this block will create the #1 virtual chord node and will then send the created block to the #2, #4, #8 nodes (this is an example of a network with just 16 virtual chord nodes) the #2 will send to #3 #5 #9 and so on...

The block creation time is not uncontrolled either. So, if we use 160sec block time (just an example because 160 seconds is easier to understand with a 16 virtual chord system).

Therefore, the chord nodes create blocks as follows:

#1 between 0-10 seconds
#2 between 10-20
#3 between 20-30

and continuing to #16 up to 160 seconds.

However, we will use more chords of course as this is just a simplified example so the process is more easily understood.

Therefore, no transaction or block conflicts occur and every peer knows who will create the block and who will first distribute the block.

Added question: But what if that creator block is down or attacked? Does it switch to a different STATIC ?

Since all chord nodes are virtual it is impossible to DDOS. There are no IPs or other relay identities available to attack.

Chord nodes are virtual, so they are never removed:

#1S = #1 STATIC
#1C = #1 virtual chord node

If just #1S is online ( only one STATIC ) then:

#1S will control #1C-#16

If #1S-#3S is online, then:

#1S will control #1C-#5C
#2S will control #6C-#10C
#3S will control #11C-#16C

If any STATIC goes offline, for example #3S, then #11C-#16C will be shared between #1S and #2S

This is the reason why it is not important how many STATIC nodes exist or how many STATIC nodes are online or offline. The number of overview virtual network nodes is a constant. The block and transaction time are not part of the ID.

So, one of the key points to answer your question is that all STATICs and other nodes do not have to learn about the blocks simultaneously... The transactions distribute throughout our network, sequentially, over the 120 second block time in intervals that eventually get out to the entire network before the next block is created.

With regard to network lag, this is not relevant because the network is virtual. Therefore if lag exists it is equal across the entire virtual network. So, the virtual overview network or the Virtual Chord Network solves the problems you bring up.

To simplify this explanation for those less technical:

P2P (peer to peer file sharing type systems) is like water in a lake. The Virtual Chord Network is like a series of canals. We use water, just like in the lake, but the lake is uncontrolled.
leonmadness

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:24:30 AM

New crypto exchange by Andrew Gazdecki i think it would be nice to list our coin hire as soon as it goes live,
https://medium.com/@altcoinexchnge/altcoin-exchanges-purpose-mission-values-and-value-proposition-7d525303c005
Hire is how it will look like Smiley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5qWRw22Lqo&t=19s

I hope that you don't find this as spam Undecided, but if someone decides to trade on this platform plz register through the next link thx in advance  Grin Grin Grin
https://www.altcoinexchange.com/share?kolid=H0ZQA
bigboss154

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:02:05 AM

Making a new account and promoting something seems like spam. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: