Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371083 times)
XBY-Guy

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

In XBY we trust

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 10:19:30 PM

I do have that we're close to launch by the way...I was just reading about Dragon Chain, apparently they will offer a platform on which companies can develop their own apps (language agnostic). So we have the PoSign mechanism, but other coins are catching up on the other unique advantages!

Each project and each coin has its own uniqueness. The coin of XBY is created on technologies that few people use. Therefore, it has advantages over other coins

XTRABYTES - The Proof Of Signature Blockchain Revolution (https://xtrabytes.global)
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigboss154

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:23:35 PM

how many tokens in total are you issuing?

All coins are already available (650m), current circulating supply is lower because those coins are in cold storage via node holders. Once all nodes are registered supply will drop to something like 150m.

Supply will drop exactly to 100m if L1 L2 L3 nodes will be registered Wink

"If" is a big word

The biggest word in all business.  Smiley
CryptoAddictedGuy

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:29:44 PM

All coins are already available (650m), current circulating supply is lower because those coins are in cold storage via node holders. Once all nodes are registered supply will drop to something like 150m.

"If" is a big word

The biggest word in all business.  Smiley

I think that the project will achieve all the goals that it set. And the nodes will work the way they should work. Just do not hurry the developers.
cryptoyachtclub

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 10:52:50 PM

I think that you can expect a sharp increase in the price of this coin. And this will happen right after the bitcoin price goes down. It seems to me that already in the middle of November one can expect a sharp increase in all alternative coins
ravenenderman

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:06:26 AM

Keep my eye on.
everythingisgreat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:47:45 AM

Good job on this.  I think the short form forced the distillation of what XBY truly is and makes it understandable to a wider audience.  I think the waste of mining will soon be much more of a factor especially as more people enter the crypto sphere.

everythingisgreat

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:00:26 AM

"If" is a big word

Its going to matter what the fees are.  If the fee is good enough compared to cost of filling a node plus the extra charge of forming the node then people will gladly fill up all the levels.  If the cost benefit isn't good enough then the team will have to reevaluate how it is setup.  I personally don't like the fact that the fee for getting a node goes up as nodes get filled.  Makes it feel a bit pyramid schemey and disincentives the last nodes from being filled.

bigboss154

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:17:49 AM

"If" is a big word

Its going to matter what the fees are.  If the fee is good enough compared to cost of filling a node plus the extra charge of forming the node then people will gladly fill up all the levels.  If the cost benefit isn't good enough then the team will have to reevaluate how it is setup.  I personally don't like the fact that the fee for getting a node goes up as nodes get filled.  Makes it feel a bit pyramid schemey and disincentives the last nodes from being filled.

Fees will have to to be acutely tweaked yeah, but given borz's goal of maximum decentralization I think they will be fair. Think I read it also incentivizes  people to fill out the other node tiers as well.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:21:54 AM

"If" is a big word

Its going to matter what the fees are.  If the fee is good enough compared to cost of filling a node plus the extra charge of forming the node then people will gladly fill up all the levels.  If the cost benefit isn't good enough then the team will have to reevaluate how it is setup.  I personally don't like the fact that the fee for getting a node goes up as nodes get filled.  Makes it feel a bit pyramid schemey and disincentives the last nodes from being filled.

Not sure why it disincentives the last nodes being filled.

The fact is as any coin grows with nodes the price of them eventually becomes damn expensive. How much for a dash node now? Nodes in the end are not for the masses but for crypto investors....and with crypto investors there is no such thing as 'fair' unless you think It's like a human right to be a billionaire just for buying some Bitcoin back in 2009.
bigboss154

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:26:53 AM

"If" is a big word

The fact is as any coin grows with nodes the price of them eventually becomes damn expensive. How much for a dash node now? Nodes in the end are not for the masses but for crypto investors....and with crypto investors there is no such thing as 'fair' unless you think It's like a human right to be a billionaire just for buying some Bitcoin back in 2009.

DASH nodes are $267k, Strat nodes are nearly $700k or something.
everythingisgreat

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:42:34 AM

"If" is a big word

It's not about being fair it's about making actual returns on investments.  We don't know what the returns will be for filling a node.  The fee for getting a node goes to the other node holders.  If the transaction fees are too low the cost of filling a node plus the fee the transactions fees will not be the incentive.  It will be the hope that someone else comes in behind you so you get to share in their fee. Hence feeling a bit pyramid like.  We don't know any of this yet but we better before they start putting up registration for new nodes.

bigboss154

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:53:17 AM

TX fees will not be the main source of income, the main income will be from the hosting of DAPPS and earning XFUEL by securing the X-Change module.
everythingisgreat

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:02:55 AM

TX fees will not be the main source of income, the main income will be from the hosting of DAPPS and earning XFUEL by securing the X-Change module.
Sorry I was using transaction fee as a catchall for all the income that would be related to owning a node minus the income from new nodes.  It's hard to argue for or against since we have no information about what the income will be at all.  And you have to include the cost of running the server for the dapps into the cost benefit analysis.

How it could disincentives filling the last spots is that the total cost of the static plus the fee doesn't make sense because the returns on lets say a L3 node would be to long term.  I would like it not to be a predefined fee, but one that responds to the market demand for the nodes.  If nodes are not being filled after a period of time the fee would be lowered.  If all nodes are filled maybe the fee increases to discourage people from breaking their nodes on a whim of a price increase.

Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:05:06 AM

"If" is a big word

It's not about being fair it's about making actual returns on investments.  We don't know what the returns will be for filling a node.  The fee for getting a node goes to the other node holders.  If the transaction fees are too low the cost of filling a node plus the fee the transactions fees will not be the incentive.  It will be the hope that someone else comes in behind you so you get to share in their fee. Hence feeling a bit pyramid like.  We don't know any of this yet but we better before they start putting up registration for new nodes.

Return on investments? Jesus....

If you want a guaranteed return on investments you better go buy a tracker fund at your local bank. There is no way in hell can any crypto guarantee a return on investments. Do you really think 99% of these masternode shitcoins will still be doing well in 3 years time.....you're dreaming and these charts that tell you how much you can earn from master nodes are a fucking joke dude. Hell even Dash can collapse overnight and your node be worthless.

And like was said. There is no way any project that earns services fees from future Dapps can tell you how much you will earn from them. You obviously don't know the project but have found the courage to critic something you don't understand.....now be gone and I won't call you a gimp for being such a noob.
everythingisgreat

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:21:10 AM

"If" is a big word

Return on investments? Jesus....

If you want a guaranteed return on investments you better go buy a tracker fund at your local bank. There is no way in hell can any crypto guarantee a return on investments. Do you really think 99% of these masternode shitcoins will still be doing well in 3 years time.....you're dreaming and these charts that tell you how much you can earn from master nodes are a fucking joke dude. Hell even Dash can collapse overnight and your node be worthless.

And like was said. There is no way any project that earns services fees from future Dapps can tell you how much you will earn from them. You obviously don't know the project but have found the courage to critic something you don't understand.....now be gone and I won't call you a gimp for being such a noob.

If you are not trying to make a return why would you ever pay a fee to get a node? Is it because you are charitable?  And why is a market determined fee so bad?  You think someone is smart enough to calculate the perfect fee number?   Aren't crypto people really into the free market. 
I like this project and I want it to succeed and have consistently held that belief, so I don't understand why you are attacking me for bringing up a conversation topic. 

And what your saying is you don't think XBY will be around in 3 years?
 Is there a way you can have a conversation without insulting the other person?  I just want to have a civil conversation about XBY.

kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:24:29 AM

To board.

Xtrabytes really needs to stop this we won't ever give dates nonsense. Any project must at least give regular updates and really a very rough timescale. Even if it's experimental projects should be able to say very rough time scales like 2018 Q4 or Summer 2018 or this will take 3-6months etc or just the year! even if it's not met then at least people know it's not next week and can plan their investments etc.

Maybe I could of accepted it if there wasn't constant carrot and stick of nodes are just around the corner or coming soon and they don't or people should buy now wink wink for nodes. You just can't blame people for getting frustrated in that situation. That kind of messaging is not the receivers fault but the senders. Time for people to grow up a bit and take some responsibility that situations are being caused by them and them alone.
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:13:03 AM

To board.

Xtrabytes really needs to stop this we won't ever give dates nonsense. Any project must at least give regular updates and really a very rough timescale. Even if it's experimental projects should be able to say very rough time scales like 2018 Q4 or Summer 2018 or this will take 3-6months etc or just the year! even if it's not met then at least people know it's not next week and can plan their investments etc.

Maybe I could of accepted it if there wasn't constant carrot and stick of nodes are just around the corner or coming soon and they don't or people should buy now wink wink for nodes. You just can't blame people for getting frustrated in that situation. That kind of messaging is not the receivers fault but the senders. Time for people to grow up a bit and take some responsibility that situations are being caused by them and them alone.

Thanks for your comment kubricktrader.  Rest assured, there are some very good things in the works.  I know, I know, you guys have heard it all before.  I've been around since basically the beginning.  And I am still very much excited  to be a part of XTRABYTES.  
That said, just stick around a little bit longer.

This is still a huge advantage to other coins and their versions of nodes. Even IF the system is in-development.  The draw and potential is there.  Hence, why I believe that many STATIC node holders (myself included) are very excited about this prospect.  

I also agree with Fatoshi that many of these so-called Masternode coins will all but be gone in a few years time.  I actually think it is less than that.  It's the new flavor-of-the-month in crypto.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:44:48 AM

XTRABYTES’ Revolutionary Proof-of-Signature Blockchain Technology

Nice one! Well written, thank you.

kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:07:18 AM

To board.

Thanks for your comment kubricktrader.  Rest assured, there are some very good things in the works.  I know, I know, you guys have heard it all before.  I've been around since basically the beginning.  And I am still very much excited  to be a part of XTRABYTES.  
That said, just stick around a little bit longer.

This is still a huge advantage to other coins and their versions of nodes. Even IF the system is in-development.  The draw and potential is there.  Hence, why I believe that many STATIC node holders (myself included) are very excited about this prospect.  

I also agree with Fatoshi that many of these so-called Masternode coins will all but be gone in a few years time.  I actually think it is less than that.  It's the new flavor-of-the-month in crypto.

Don't worry I'm in this till 1 billion market cap.

I also think this project tries to be liked too much, all these people trading shitcoins on slack there and they FUD and Bullshit and ruin any real discussion. I think some serious problems do exist but essentially its a great project going through teething troubles, touch discussion yes but bullshit and shitcoin FUD get those people out of there! They scream if any rights of theirs are taken away and scream the best things about XBY is the trading channel well fuck them, most of them dont even hold XBY. Seriously fuck them!!!! The add nothing and take away all the time. We need to stop caring about superficially twitter shit and bullshit and and run the project simply and efficiently and no bullshit 'please like me!!!!!!!' And yes some of that does come from CCREV. Just run things well without drama and in time XBY will succeed, only a matter of time. Professional means no drama and emotion, no yeah yeah we gonna moon soon!

A slack is a place to communicate the project its now a hang out joint for shitcoin traders and people with no iives. Who cares about slack? Who cares? A growing slack doesnt not mean the project will get investors, the IOTA slack has less investors than XBY and its worth a Billion dollars. Who cares if the slack is slow, its for team to work and some people to hear whats going on occasionally. Just run the project well and don't engage too much. I never read a single casual social word from 90% of the developers of projects I invest in, and I don't care either!! PEOPLE INVEST IN GOOD TECH AND WELL RUN PROJECTS NOT FUN COMMUNITY YOU FUCKING PRICKS!!!!!

*I include the hypers who won't allow real discussion and problems to be aired and processed too, they are just as bad. Most are shitcoin pumpers who just want an exit point, they aren't serious and will be long gone before this project matures.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:41:40 AM

*I include the hypers who won't allow real discussion and problems to be aired and processed too, they are just as bad. Most are shitcoin pumpers who just want an exit point, they aren't serious and will be long gone before this project matures.

good to see some logic here Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: