Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:32:21 AM

Ouch!

Estimated Next Difficulty:   133,937 (+30.97%)

A buddy did math figured they hit the network with 2,200 units to do this (most of them ours....)

1200 ghz / 504 mhz = 2400 units of L3+ yep sounds about right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:37:40 AM

Ouch!

A buddy did math figured they hit the network with 2,200 units to do this (most of them ours....)

In his defense I think it was 29% this am when he did the calcs...so damn I keep hoping something is wrong
with how i see it...but if you go 'full evil' as a way of thinking...then yeah x11 mininig is what they will move into next
no doubt....

well...it was a good run...and I'm better off then most 75% of my mining is knc titans that should have kicked the bucket a year or so ago
thus I can eat the L3+ losses even if difficulty triples

but for guys who just got a couple L3+'s for hobby use...damn....been there ...mining equip for 14 months just to get orig
BTC back out really sucks...assuming optimistically that is even possible

but as a bitch slap to bitcoin core devs etc..killing LTC in this manner makes a lot of sense as an example

asic mafia....sh*t ...too true

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
crypticj

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:44:18 AM

Ouch!

In his defense I think it was 29% this am when he did the calcs...so damn I keep hoping something is wrong
with how i see it...but if you go 'full evil' as a way of thinking...then yeah x11 mininig is what they will move into next
no doubt....

well...it was a good run...and I'm better off then most 75% of my mining is knc titans that should have kicked the bucket a year or so ago

but for guys who just got a couple L3+'s for hobby use...damn....been there ...mining equip for 14 months just to get orig

but as a bitch slap to bitcoin core devs etc..killing LTC in this manner makes a lot of sense as an example

Arent they setting themselves by controlling Hash Rate and Litecoin horde they will be only game in time and no adoption from merchants or users may be just as an enthusiast. Long term I don't understand there plan, whats the end game?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:58:44 AM

Ouch!

no doubt....

Arent they setting themselves by controlling Hash Rate and Litecoin horde they will be only game in time and no adoption from merchants or users may be just as an enthusiast. Long term I don't understand there plan, whats the end game?

Me I think they are just gonna get say 45% ..go private make their own chips for data hall etc..if they had this in the works for 1 year and loaded up on LTC for this stunt
they likely made 3x the $$$ they would have sold miners at...and they keep asic boost and they slap down LTC as an example of what happens to bitcoin if they try the
same...ie proof that they will fork bitcoin if it comes to that if they can make $$$ doing so

a nice little life lesson all around

the small fry (us) were making 500 bucks a month profit (guessing) on an L3 now...so even if difficulty doubled we'd have gotten the same on 2x the speed L3+
they have rigged the system where all that (currently 2200 or so bitmain L3+'s) now all goes to them

and if they accumulated for the last year LTC and dumped it at 10 bucks plus

why sweat the small stuff and mine for next 4 years when you can make it all at the front end at the customers (again wholesalers on down to 1 guy) expense

and you assure no one can compete pow mining with you making equip with the large over 70% market share..only game in town asic maker of btc and ltc and
you keep asic boost your 33% mining advantage too boot

f*ck they could drive pow mining to pos coin with this on both LTC and BTC and it is still a sure bet

I see no work around on this..they won....they even have cloud flare in place on their for the expected ddos attack on their sales page..you can't just toss
that up in a day..no to screw everyone in such an epic manner .this was in the works for at minimum imho months......so they can keep
selling miners to newbs/clueless..this was well planned months in advance and not even worry about the current pissed off ddos attack....they thought of
everything as far as i can tell.....er 'firmware problems' to keep the miners to mine now ..etc....sheesh

frigging evil genius's imho ...My frigging 'boat' finally came in ...instead of waving from the dock at asic boats missed...as usual..got on..and bitmain
torpedo'ed the boat...took everything off the boat of value...and now have the only boat

FML

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
crypticj

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:07:08 AM

Ouch!

no doubt....

Me I think they are just gonna get say 45% ..go private make their own chips for data hall etc..if they had this in the works for 1 year and loaded up on LTC for this stunt
they likely made 3x the $$$ they would have sold miners at...and they keep asic boost and they slap down LTC as an example of what happens to bitcoin if they try the
same...ie proof that they will fork bitcoin if it comes to that if they can make $$$ doing so

a nice little life lesson all around

the small fry (us) were making 500 bucks a month profit (guessing) on an L3 now...so even if difficulty doubled we'd have gotten the same on 2x the speed L3+
they have rigged the system where all that (currently 2200 or so bitmain L3+'s) now all goes to them

and if they accumulated for the last year LTC and dumped it at 10 bucks plus

why sweat the small stuff and mine for next 4 years when you can make it all at the front end at the customers (again wholesalers on down to 1 guy) expense

and you assure no one can compete pow mining with you making equip with the large over 70% market share..only game in town asic maker of btc and ltc and
you keep asic boost your 33% mining advantage too boot

f*ck they could drive pow mining to pos coin with this on both LTC and BTC and it is still a sure bet

I see no work around on this..they won....they even have cloud flare in place on their for the expected ddos attack on their sales page..you can't just toss
that up in a day..no to screw everyone in such an epic manner .this was in the works for at minimum imho months......so they can keep
selling miners to newbs/clueless..this was well planned months in advance and not even worry about the current pissed off ddos attack....they thought of
everything as far as i can tell.....er 'firmware problems' to keep the miners to mine now ..etc....sheesh

frigging evil genius's imho ...My frigging 'boat' finally came in ...instead of waving from the dock at asic boats missed...as usual..got on..and bitmain
torpedo'ed the boat...took everything off the boat of value...and now have the only boat

FML

Well said I think it probably required a whole Team of Evil geniuses !!! I agree with everything you said... it absolutely makes sense.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:01:29 AM

F2Pool commented on Twitter earlier than Bitmain has about 2x the current network hashrate of chips that are yet to be put into machines.

So at a network has rate of 3TH/s they have about 6 TH/s in total to produce.

Question is how fast they can actually put them on a PCB and turn them into a miner, will take months...

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:20:51 AM

I guess it all starts to make sense about why the prices were suspiciously low on the miners.

The sold them -> Delayed transport -> mine themselves -> Ship them (probably) after difficulty spike -> Bitmain has uber pofits and the miners who actually payed for the devices can only hope to make a decent ROI.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:41:33 AM

Real boycot of bitmain is needed.

Information soread quickly over internet. Create so mych informative content and spread it so jihan and the gang wont hide even in bolivia.
I would say usaf should be as primary target for us.
Poor noobs will keep throwing good money on bitmain whole and in return they will be upset that promises by little china bastard cannot be fulfill.

Really sad and upseting all this is.

Lesson learned for me long time ago. Bitmain for me is finished. Who ever asking me for advice about
Miners i always saying stay away from Bitmain. But monopoly for this been in jihan hands for way to long.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:22:05 AM

Real boycot of bitmain is needed.

Information soread quickly over internet. Create so mych informative content and spread it so jihan and the gang wont hide even in bolivia.
I would say usaf should be as primary target for us.
Poor noobs will keep throwing good money on bitmain whole and in return they will be upset that promises by little china bastard cannot be fulfill.

Really sad and upseting all this is.

Lesson learned for me long time ago. Bitmain for me is finished. Who ever asking me for advice about
Miners i always saying stay away from Bitmain. But monopoly for this been in jihan hands for way to long.

Same evil plan will be played out if USAF is done....imho bitmain just CAN'T HAVE SEG WITNESS .....IF....as I suspect they are running asic boost on their pool
and have 33% more eff then everyone else....

thus I suspect he will simply take over 51% of the network and trash LTC into the dust if this is attempted as well..either via the current method
or USAF method under NO circumstances can seg witness be put on LTC ...due to asic boost (imho) ...also they have 70% of the mining of asics now
in pow scrypt and sha-256 likely is more....and are the 'only game in town' for new equip because with their size///// full war chests of BTC ....and
dominance of the whole field...and the suspision they have asic boost...thus their burnt earth strategy..you'd have to be out of your mind to
try to make any kind of miner too compete

not to mention ....under NO circumstances can they let seg witness work on LTC network or their real $$$ in the bitcoin network will follow...they will
fork LTC or 51% attack it first..remember they have BURNT all their consumers ..from their wholesalers worth millions like eastshore mining down to the
guy yesterday who got an L3+ because he has no clue abou these games....

They will trash the works..take the 2 years of profits in the next 3 months by knowing they were gonna pump/dump litecoin and go private like KNC did
with their own mining chips for sha-256 and scrypt and just keep 40% of the LTC hash and 40% of the BTC hash so asic boost is safe and no other
miner can compete...

complete monopoly..hell I'll bet 10 LTC that they are gonna make an X11 miner and/or buy out baikal...those guys have real problems going up to scale
with their (so far) 50 batch sales....

Nope unless there is some kinda evil dev/coder solution to bring them in line..I don't see us winning this war at least in pow scrypt......

no one, no one ...does what they did and burn all their bridges with wholesalers and customers and generate such bad faith unless they have planned this

well in advance and have an end game...sorry to say ...we've all been played

and to top if off no refunds and they are using my 4 L3+ miners to BLOCK seg witness on litecoin and I PAID them to do so....and their kindly triple the hash

rate by the time I get it.....NO refunds don't ya know...thou...folk have said no one has had contact with sales/support on bitmain from 2 days before this stunt

you don't just invade poland.....on a whim ..this is the asic equiv of that

frigging pricks

later

kariverson

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:15:57 AM

Since that global hashrate bump is from the miners people ordered that bitmain is using now (can't be explained otherwise since no units have been shipped yet, right?) shouldn't the hashrate and thus the difficulty drop while they are actually on transit and bump up to the same amount when received by the buyers? Unless they are using just the April batch.
Excuse me if I don't make sense, I'm a newb in the field really.
Jamievs

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:37:04 AM

Since that global hashrate bump is from the miners people ordered that bitmain is using now (can't be explained otherwise since no units have been shipped yet, right?) shouldn't the hashrate and thus the difficulty drop while they are actually on transit and bump up to the same amount when received by the buyers? Unless they are using just the April batch.

Not really because by then the 2nd batch gets shipped so people who order the april batch will not have the full benefit a.k.a. they got screwed hard.
kariverson

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:47:48 AM

Not really because by then the 2nd batch gets shipped so people who order the april batch will not have the full benefit a.k.a. they got screwed hard.

Yeah that's true April batch people are screwed either way and they paid a premium to get them early too! But do we know if Bitmain is using the May and July batch too? Or are they using just the April one?
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:41:24 PM

Yeah that's true April batch people are screwed either way and they paid a premium to get them early too! But do we know if Bitmain is using the May and July batch too? Or are they using just the April one?
They will use all of them.  Again this isn't rocket science.  If you have a magic money machine making 3% per day why would you sell said machine when best you can get is 3% a year elsewhere.  Stop buying promises.  The situation will be compounded even worse because LTC isn't the reference currency like BTC.  When ASICs came out for BTC the price spiked with it because there was no other choice.  It was either BTC or nothing but now every LTC miner has to sell all their mined LTC just to get back initial and running costs but they can sell into BTC or other alts and stay in crypto.   

bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:01:11 PM

This is why cryptos suck sometimes. The asic manufacturers are greedy and pull shady tactics. The longevity of the coin is based on adopters. The goal is to share to everyone wins in the end, not pull tactics and give people a bad memory of mining. April guys are in panic, but maybe they release next week.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

its not like this company isnt known for using their equipment first to drive up the difficulty and then shipping the used ones to people...  Roll Eyes
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:47:58 PM

its not like this company isnt known for using their equipment first to drive up the difficulty and then shipping the used ones to people...  Roll Eyes

Agreed.

But it might be the first time that Bitmain is not doing this just for short term profits. They also seem to be trying to manipulate the future of the Bitcoin protocol and prolong their advantage of covert ASICBoost mining.

Just to review, they're using customer funds to control Litecoin and indirectly control Bitcoin.

I pray that this bites Bitmain hard in the ass someday. We really need real alternatives to this evil company.

Either that or we need to form "Miners Anonymous" and get clear of this mess Wink

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:10:23 PM

Ask the WinkleVoss twins for a few million $ to build a new ASIC chip.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wck

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:49:12 AM

Agreed.

But it might be the first time that Bitmain is not doing this just for short term profits. They also seem to be trying to manipulate the future of the Bitcoin protocol and prolong their advantage of covert ASICBoost mining.

Just to review, they're using customer funds to control Litecoin and indirectly control Bitcoin.

I pray that this bites Bitmain hard in the ass someday. We really need real alternatives to this evil company.

Either that or we need to form "Miners Anonymous" and get clear of this mess Wink

It seems like you just want someone to hate.   There isn't anything covert about ASICBoost and Bitmain has pointed out they are not currently even using it.   The only problem with ASICBoost is that Bitmain holds a patent on it in China.    However there isn't even any proof that it really works at this point either.   

Now Bitmain is pumping out SCRYPT miners.   They are making money supplying the miners.   Of coarse the more they supply the less each one is worth.   However people are demanding the miners.   You can boycott Bitmain but you are probably going to be lonely. 
crypticj

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:49:37 AM

its not like this company isnt known for using their equipment first to drive up the difficulty and then shipping the used ones to people...  Roll Eyes

Agreed.

It seems like you just want someone to hate.   There isn't anything covert about ASICBoost and Bitmain has pointed out they are not currently even using it.   The only problem with ASICBoost is that Bitmain holds a patent on it in China.    However there isn't even any proof that it really works at this point either.  

Now Bitmain is pumping out SCRYPT miners.   They are making money supplying the miners.   Of coarse the more they supply the less each one is worth.   However people are demanding the miners.   You can boycott Bitmain but you are probably going to be lonely.  

I rather stand for my principle and be lonely than be a part of a lemmings running over the hill....

Also Looks likes coinbase is pulling back from Litecoin implementation for there retail outlet.
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:23:56 AM

Link to coinbase pulling back?

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: