Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:06:18 PM

Can anybody see his order history when logged in to the Bitmain account?

When I login I only see: information (my name and blank avatar)
And the Security settings tab, nothing else...

Try this:

https://shop.bitmain.com/user/userOrder.htm

Thanks, this shows me the info I -needed- to see!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:45:02 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 10:09:45 PM by newtybar

What do you mean by bitmain is going to kill it?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:33:04 AM

What do you mean by bitmain is going to kill it?

most asic makers in the past (knc/spondoolies/avalon/gaw/etc) would NOT push out so many miners to blow up difficulty at above
25% a week!!

since April 1st to May 3rd now ..from what I can tell difficulty has gone up 100% or so ..all due to bitmain pushing out units like toasters

in past instances you don't (if you data hall mine or sell cloud miners like hashnet) piss in your own pool and drive difficulty to the moon

because you want to mine your massive data hall at low difficulty as long as possible

bitmain seems not to care..ie shipping out stuff like toasters to us...toasters to hashnet...toasters to their data hall .then next week rinse/wash/repeat

me I think they want to OWN the scrypt pow universe. They are allready at 70% market share..if they blow out the other stuff (knc titans) in say

2 months they will own more then 90% of all equip on scrypt pow...and stop any other mnfg or asic equip in any way even contemplate

making miners...ie they will have it all

so only reason I can think of they are making toasters to themselves/hashnet/us/etc in such massive 'toaster' out the door amounts

again..they are driving down their own profits on mining by doing this...or at best a draw with massive equip sales out the door

so me...I don't get it...and also they could blow it all up at this toaster mass production rate in 3 months where not even the new L3+'s would

be worth getting at under a 1k price by that point in time .on the real risk...(again wrose case) of them driving difficulty on LTC difficulty and

other scrypt pow coins into the stratosphere

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
nexbit1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:59:05 AM

Hi All ,

I am sure you have all heard that now L3+ is available on HashNest and the timing seems to be very peculiar at best . At a time when the Bitcoin has shrugged a hard fork and BU has been clearly defeated ; Bitmain has decided to corner the litecoin market and possibly shift it towards where they want it to go. Whether they want to promote it or kill it , is the big question ; however one thing is for certain that the difficulty levels are going to jump up very quickly .

I would be reviewing the situation in the coming days and most likely cancelling some orders, simply as the difficulty levels will go through the roof within the first two months and perhaps even six months . I would not be surprised if the miners are non-viable within the 8 month period with LTC/BTC ratio down to 0.005.

What is really interesting is the impact on the S9 hashing market , which has dropped 30% and will eventually hurt Bitmain in the end , as they are going to kill their own product in the end but in the process will make a lot of fools and a lot of money ( for themselves ) .

I have been running projections all day and frankly , the impact this will have on S9 based mining is nothing short of devastating. I hope that the values will recover as clearly its in no ones interest to start dumping hashing capacities and expose themselves to huge losses. It was not too long ago that S9 used to cost 1.5 BTC , today its almost 1 BTC ( 50 percent less ) ; so those taking a long term view into mining must run the numbers to see if they will ever even see their original investment returned. I for one do not see this happening unless some market normalization takes place.

I would hope that L3+ would not become the market disrupter in a manner that it kills the S9 and then there will be S10 to pick up the pieces and make you spend once again. I just hope that long term growth and stability is promoted in the markets and not induce intentional volatility to screw their own clients . Now that I look back , I would have made more money just holding on to my BTC rather than investing them with Bitmain !!

ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:12:57 AM

I would be reviewing the situation in the coming days and most likely cancelling some orders

How do you plan to cancel orders on Hashnest?

It was not too long ago that S9 used to cost 1.5 BTC , today its almost 1 BTC ( 50 percent less )

S9 Miners have always been priced in USD and not in BTC, so comparing the prices in BTC makes no sense since it went up alot in price in the meantime.

crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:52:02 AM

It has been said over and over again and hopefully people would listen that the rise in difficulty will make it more and more difficult to recuperate your initial investment from L3+ the way current things are going we are looking at difficulty level of 500k or even 1 million and it will only continue to rise until your L3+ is making $60 per month after electricity expenses and bitmain will be selling them for $900 [mark my words]

July is sold out L3+ i would not be surprised if they start selling August batch for $999 or even $1199

Me I am boycotting Bitmain for what they have done to Litecoin due to there manipulation and hardware dumping.

Good luck to all. I rather own LTC than any mining hardware.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:41:16 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 08:57:46 AM by Searing

I would be reviewing the situation in the coming days and most likely cancelling some orders

How do you plan to cancel orders on Hashnest?

It was not too long ago that S9 used to cost 1.5 BTC , today its almost 1 BTC ( 50 percent less )

S9 Miners have always been priced in USD and not in BTC, so comparing the prices in BTC makes no sense since it went up alot in price in the meantime.

Yeah...I don't think you can cancel orders on Hashnet? (others?)

It has been said over and over again and hopefully people would listen that the rise in difficulty will make it more and more difficult to recuperate your initial investment from L3+ the way current things are going we are looking at difficulty level of 500k or even 1 million and it will only continue to rise until your L3+ is making $60 per month after electricity expenses and bitmain will be selling them for $900 [mark my words]

July is sold out L3+ i would not be surprised if they start selling August batch for $999 or even $1199

Me I am boycotting Bitmain for what they have done to Litecoin due to there manipulation and hardware dumping.

Good luck to all. I rather own LTC than any mining hardware.

The way this played out with me and Bitmain, was I ordered L3's end of March from Eastshore and got them up on April 5th (4) at $10,200

I had more but 4 more pulled and all L3's etc pulled back to bitmain to mine and use against seg witness with 'firmware problems'

ok that was 'hint number 1' it had become a 'rigged' game

By doing such they accounted for a heck of a lot of hashing power and mined these 'yanked back' units for a month or so and drove up difficulty too boot
on my 'loan' or L3's that were canceled. (again 4 of 8 )

I revamped and got 4 L3+'s on May 5th as a revamp ...but even then wondering if that was a wise move or not

hint #2 was them kicking them out like toasters..if they mine themselves that makes little sense to drive up difficulty for that aspect of their business at this volume

my guess is.....ie take over the scrypt pow and LTC etc networks..no competitors can 'ever' go against us on pow scrypt or pow sha-256 and bitmain reigns supreme! (tm bitmain)

hint #3 is hashnet push along with likely their own data hall fill up on price rise..esp fill up on such on price rise..mine like hell ..if they want to pay extra to hashnet on the pump so be it

So yeah...should I have gotten these L3+'s May 5th batch>..probably not....but kinda blind sided by their blatant attempts to steal miner hash
and take over the ltc network..but yeah 20/20 hindsight I likely would have passed...alas NO refunds and not enough data at the time to decide anyway

as it is ..I likely will at worse break even on all this no matter how ugly difficulty wise it may get...with previous L3's and the may 5th L3+'s

but what I come away with is HOW THE HELL CAN YOU ORDER MINERS FROM THEM ANYMORE...if you use calcs say that LTC will go up 2x again
to say $40 LTC....WHAT IS TO STOP BITMAIN FROM DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN ...have a 'firmware problem' take all the miners back on your
dime...and mine the hell out of them for a month..if they look at the math of say $40 or $50 LTC and say..."gee its time to take our toys back. with a big FU.

ie nothing will be done to slap them in place...no competitors...no oversight of any kind..they can do this for years imho

thus the math of mining sucky as it is anyway and guess work that you have to do ..is broken....don't know a way around that bottleneck ..if they can do crap like this

and continue to do so..the math of me getting miners on longer works as such a good deal with my math..is a better deal for them to steal the units back on the pre-order

oh...and no refunds...so they hash with your miners again for a month on supposed firmware problems (i mean really you did a patch and did not even have the evil

asic miner skills to change the date ..previous to the patch on your jan 2017 firmware shipped with april 15th batch miners as previously posted here) sheesh

(others smarter than myself chime in here...but I see no logical way to plan to buy bitmain miners w/o running the risk of having this happen again and again

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:32:48 PM

Do you know if hashnest let's you pick your pool (other than default antminer pool)? Would be cool to mine other scrypt coins with hashnest
L3+
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 04:38:09 PM

Do you know if hashnest let's you pick your pool (other than default antminer pool)? Would be cool to mine other scrypt coins with hashnest
L3+

No.
nexbit1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:41:06 PM

Hi everyone ,

I am just hoping all this ruckus settles a bit so that I can chalk out a new strategy. I understand Bitmain is not responsible for BTC price being high or low although as the largest manufacturer in that space they do have an impact indirectly. I wish everyone the best and would be hoping to return to some normalcy .

For those who are continuing to dump their HashNest S9 capacities ; hold on and don't get desperate ; this may just play out fine after the L3+ capacities on HashNest run out , Segwit on Litecoin is activated and price of BTC sets a new solid baseline. I personally think this will recover, what are your thoughts guys ?

Never forget that if you're taking the LTC route to making BTC ; there can be many many pitfalls in between . You might just find a few months down the road that LTC mining is not profitable at all , who knows !!

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 05:02:44 PM

Hi everyone ,

I am just hoping all this ruckus settles a bit so that I can chalk out a new strategy. I understand Bitmain is not responsible for BTC price being high or low although as the largest manufacturer in that space they do have an impact indirectly. I wish everyone the best and would be hoping to return to some normalcy .

For those who are continuing to dump their HashNest S9 capacities ; hold on and don't get desperate ; this may just play out fine after the L3+ capacities on HashNest run out , Segwit on Litecoin is activated and price of BTC sets a new solid baseline. I personally think this will recover, what are your thoughts guys ?

Never forget that if you're taking the LTC route to making BTC ; there can be many many pitfalls in between . You might just find a few months down the road that LTC mining is not profitable at all , who knows !!

The S9 price was too high at 11k sat. That was like $2k per miner. Even at today's price it's still more expensive than the S9 hardware Bitmain is selling right now, but a small premium is not unusual.

Of course many dumped when an alternative showed up, this happened with S5 when S7 showed up on Hashnest, probably with S7->S9 too, I don't recall.

L3+ on Hashnest is overpriced too but it carries a time premium since the next batch of hardware is 2-3 months away. As for the risks - I would guess that a lot of Hashnest S9 owners made quite a bit of money on the S9 and may have a skewed perception of risk with the L3+. They might be looking at the 3% maintenance fee and feeling greedy.
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:14:52 PM

Isn't all the fear that is presented by Searing a good reason to just pay the premium and go Hashnest?  They pretty much guarantee you 504mhs and can't pull a "firmware" issue on you.  Also, despite the 600 dollar premium, I think you make that back significantly by being 2-3 months ahead of the next distribution.
Truthchanter

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:24:10 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 07:13:57 PM by Truthchanter

How high do you guys think the LTC network difficulty may be by the end of the summer? I'm thinking at least around 350k

Isn't all the fear that is presented by Searing a good reason to just pay the premium and go Hashnest?  They pretty much guarantee you 504mhs and can't pull a "firmware" issue on you.  Also, despite the 600 dollar premium, I think you make that back significantly by being 2-3 months ahead of the next distribution.

Seems like a good deal on hashnest to me.. although i heard they can significantly increase the maintenance fee if they want to (and did in the past for like s7 or something)
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 07:13:46 PM

How high do you guys think the Scrypt network difficulty may be by the end of the summer? I'm thinking at least around 350k

Isn't all the fear that is presented by Searing a good reason to just pay the premium and go Hashnest?  They pretty much guarantee you 504mhs and can't pull a "firmware" issue on you.  Also, despite the 600 dollar premium, I think you make that back significantly by being 2-3 months ahead of the next distribution.

Seems like a good deal on hashnest to me.. although i heard they can significantly increase the maintenance fee if they want to (and did in the past for like s7 or something)

They have lowered the fees a couple of times at least. Started around $0.09 per kWh, now $0.07 or so. Never heard of it being raised. Not that it's impossible, just sounds unlikely.
Truthchanter

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:15:12 PM

How high do you guys think the Scrypt network difficulty may be by the end of the summer? I'm thinking at least around 350k

Isn't all the fear that is presented by Searing a good reason to just pay the premium and go Hashnest?  They pretty much guarantee you 504mhs and can't pull a "firmware" issue on you.  Also, despite the 600 dollar premium, I think you make that back significantly by being 2-3 months ahead of the next distribution.

They have lowered the fees a couple of times at least. Started around $0.09 per kWh, now $0.07 or so. Never heard of it being raised. Not that it's impossible, just sounds unlikely.

Those are the electric fee values.. there's an additional maintenance fee that is also applied (which is what i was referring to originally)

electric fee: Electricity fees are calculated as follows: kWh per MH/s * 24 (hours) * 0.07 USD

maintance fee: Maintenance Fee:$0.00266/MH/Day so for 1 unit at 504 thats an additional $1.34 maintenance fee on top of electric
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 08:23:10 PM

Those are the electric fee values.. there's an additional maintenance fee that is also applied (which is what i was referring to originally)

electric fee: Electricity fees are calculated as follows: kWh per MH/s * 24 (hours) * 0.07 USD

maintance fee: Maintenance Fee:$0.00266/MH/Day so for 1 unit at 504 thats an additional $1.34 maintenance fee on top of electric

It's the same thing.

0.8kW * 24h * $0.07 per kWh = $1.344

There is no separate maintenance fee, Hashnest charges per kWh.
Truthchanter

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:23:25 PM

It's the same thing.

0.8kW * 24h * $0.07 per kWh = $1.344

There is no separate maintenance fee, Hashnest charges per kWh.

Oh i see thankyou for clarifying!
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:58:04 PM

Just to warn any one thinking about buying on Hashnest a lot of people are complaining that there Deposits are not showing up in there wallet.

Hashnest is claiming they are having issues but it could be a strategy by them to have you deposit BTC or LTC and tell you that L3+ are sold out and now your option is S7 or S9 etc.

Just be warned... scanned there forums and it seems they are not reflecting deposits even after 1 -2 hours and in one instance some guy waited 3+ days.

https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/node12 [all one has to do is scan the forums. ]

Buyer Beware some other games Bitmain is playing Not sure what?

Truthchanter

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:17:25 PM

Just to warn any one thinking about buying on Hashnest a lot of people are complaining that there Deposits are not showing up in there wallet.

Hashnest is claiming they are having issues but it could be a strategy by them to have you deposit BTC or LTC and tell you that L3+ are sold out and now your option is S7 or S9 etc.

Just be warned... scanned there forums and it seems they are not reflecting deposits even after 1 -2 hours and in one instance some guy waited 3+ days.

https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/node12 [all one has to do is scan the forums. ]

Buyer Beware some other games Bitmain is playing Not sure what?

The hashnest btc wallet worked fine for me
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:05:17 AM

Looks like L3+ on Hashnest is sold out.  Hopefully they will add more.

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: