Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:58:55 PM

Guys spoke with a source: Regarding Hashnest they are about to post 2000 Units at $4k or $4500.

dafuq?!?!?!

Yesterday I ordered an L3+ w/ PSU and shipping included for $1550 from giga-watt ( https://giga-watt.com/promo/prices ). Yes, giga-watt will be hosting it. Yes I have purchased WTT tokens which guarantee space and power. It will not arrive until 20-September or so but that's OK with me as I can not run it at home (electricity is too expensive here). Keep an eye on giga-watt's web page to see when they have L3+ in stock and buy from them. While you are waiting for the L3+ miner(s) to arrive buy enough WTT tokens to cover the L3+ miner order (see my sig for a referral link to buy WTT). Just remember that each L3+ requires 880 tokens.

There is no way that I'd pay USD4000-USD4500 for an L3+. If I was going to spend that kind of money for a miner, I'd be more inclined to build an open-frame GPU rig with six GTX 1080Ti GPUs and mine other altcoins. You'd probably have an better chance at achieving ROI. And at the end of the day, if you tire of GPU mining, selling off the 1080Ti GPUs will be easy.

No mining at the moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:01:18 AM

They finally just sold out today. I'm surprised they weren't sold out the same day they were up for sale. The potential profits are absolutely insane compared to any other miner out there.
dnyt

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:07:12 AM

Hey guys first post in here looking to get into ltc mining for a while now but seems like i have to wait till september to get few L3+.
My question is whats the best  payment option ordering from Bitmain?
Although wire transfer sounds ok from what i read so far , i think paying in bitcoin would be better due to faster transactions plus no questions asked by the bank.
So instead of wiring the money should i just buy BTC and send it over to them ?
Anyone else paid in BTC and had no issues ?
thanks in advance pretty informative forum

Yep, i did. No problem with confirmation. In about one hour You got mail with paymant confirm.

BTC is the fastest way. I did wire in the past and no problems. Your bank should not ask any questions why you do a wire...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:26:56 AM

They finally just sold out today. I'm surprised they weren't sold out the same day they were up for sale. The potential profits are absolutely insane compared to any other miner out there.

I really hope me and my buddy are incorrect..in that I'm just killing it mining LTC right now

BUT

from what my buddy firgures..when the JULY 3 batches of stuff hits...and as stated here hashnet and imho, bitmain filling own data halls

we are expecting only 1/3 of what we are making NOW at best by Sept 1st, 2017

There will be that much crap hitting the world in bitmain toasters....so again this is at $43 buck coin too boot

now.....perhaps LTC will be 75 bucks by then and I will get more of a reprieve...then I expected like this latest jump to $43 bucks

it is POSSIBLE that we could ride the wave..rather thne just go up one side and down the other as bitmain puts out these like toasters

BUT

damn.....that would mean the price would have to go DASH coin price nuts ahead of such dumps in equip...in a DASH like manner to $75, to $100 etc

just ahead of the difficulty coming out to negate it

damn hard to thread that needle but a guy can hope

and hell ...just did it with the 43 buck jump....so ride this wave as you can...but probably the result of $43 buck LTC is MORE bitmain toasters by 1/3

more hashnet and imho the bitmain price of a L3+ will probably go up to 1,600 bucks again plus....

must be party time at bitmain as we speak with LTC price....damn ..evil pays I guess Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:41:29 AM

I really hope me and my buddy are incorrect..in that I'm just killing it mining LTC right now

BUT

from what my buddy firgures..when the JULY 3 batches of stuff hits...and as stated here hashnet and imho, bitmain filling own data halls

There will be that much crap hitting the world in bitmain toasters....so again this is at $43 buck coin too boot

now.....perhaps LTC will be 75 bucks by then and I will get more of a reprieve...then I expected like this latest jump to $43 bucks

it is POSSIBLE that we could ride the wave..rather thne just go up one side and down the other as bitmain puts out these like toasters

BUT

damn.....that would mean the price would have to go DASH coin price nuts ahead of such dumps in equip...in a DASH like manner to $75, to $100 etc

and hell ...just did it with the 43 buck jump....so ride this wave as you can...but probably the result of $43 buck LTC is MORE bitmain toasters by 1/3

more hashnet and imho the bitmain price of a L3+ will probably go up to 1,600 bucks again plus....

must be party time at bitmain as we speak with LTC price....damn ..evil pays I guess Sad

I don't think you should expect to drop to 1/3 of what you're making now on LTC. I don't see how you could possibly predict how far the difficulty will rise when people start firing them up in September, or what will happen to the price of LTC either. I suspect the price of LTC will continue to rise as the difficulty does as has always been the case with BTC. I think if the price continues to rise that by the time the difficulty jumps in September the profits shouldn't change much. There would have to be a massive jump in difficulty and no increase in price for you to only see 1/3 the profits, no? I think it's party time for Bitmain, but also for all of those who ordered the L3+ Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:49:36 AM

BUT

BUT

I don't think you should expect to drop to 1/3 of what you're making now on LTC. I don't see how you could possibly predict how far the difficulty will rise when people start firing them up in September, or what will happen to the price of LTC either. I suspect the price of LTC will continue to rise as the difficulty does as has always been the case with BTC. I think if the price continues to rise that by the time the difficulty jumps in September the profits shouldn't change much. There would have to be a massive jump in difficulty and no increase in price for you to only see 1/3 the profits, no? I think it's party time for Bitmain, but also for all of those who ordered the L3+ Smiley

I agree, but the view when we watched 3 batches of equip out in July sold out vs not as many after
(In our guess) and again make up of equip from last batch shipped May 22nd, and none since.

We again expect it to be much more brutal then the last difficult jump for small April and agin in our
view the again, a larger batch size 2000 of may 22nd stuff that hit the world.
Thus our quess July will be 3x to 4x difficulty jam in July with maybe 1x month to month thereafter

Again. I like you give me hope I'm deluded.  But that is where we are at now mind wise

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sqnkee

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:24:56 AM

BUT

BUT

I agree, but the view when we watched 3 batches of equip out in July sold out vs not as many after
(In our guess) and again make up of equip from last batch shipped May 22nd, and none since.

We again expect it to be much more brutal then the last difficult jump for small April and agin in our
Thus our quess July will be 3x to 4x difficulty jam in July with maybe 1x month to month thereafter

Again. I like you give me hope I'm deluded.  But that is where we are at now mind wise

Consider one thing, S9 is on sale ALL THE TIME and its still profitable around 550$ a month. Second, last time i was mining LTC was around 2 months ago. Other scrypt coins are much more profitable.
sqnkee

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:37:54 AM

Forgot about 3rd thing. We are talking about RETAIL market. Big fishes like Chinesee farms dont buy miners on webside, they got it in other price, in unlimited quantities and at any time. Now september batch is out of stock but only in retail market. So there is nothing to look at retail because the main factor is in big fishes hands.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:10:37 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 08:49:29 AM by Searing

BUT

BUT

Consider one thing, S9 is on sale ALL THE TIME and its still profitable around 550$ a month. Second, last time i was mining LTC was around 2 months ago. Other scrypt coins are much more profitable.

other scrypt coin I'll give you...what I find thou is everyone goes to the other scrypt and litecoin difficulty drops in 3.5 days and I reap the benifits anyway (thou 1/2 of my stuff
is titans and they seem to work best on straight litecoin) but then again I take your point and the bitmain stuff I too should consider moving to say the prohashing site.

As to the S9 stuff I get the below at

bitmain s9 $1113 usd 13.5 TH

16th to 21st of August

1350 watts and 10c kwh

anyway $272.80 a month that S9 won't float for me anymore. Not on an August timeline.

Again back on topic..I hope you are correct..hell I hope you make this post I'm making look like idiocy 3 months from now...really!

But watched this kinda stuff when knc dumped Neptune btc miners and kept most for self use etc 2014.....and they never ROI'd

i suspect bitmain is going to flood market starting with July orders..and cointinue to do so ...like they have done with btc network

to a point like btc network everything will be at best an 11-14 month ROI on equip that arrives 2 to 2.5 months later. and Bitmain like
in btc network will account for 80% plus of asic's and this will rise when my titans go doorstop by the end of this year at my guess.

If that is the case..my senario holds....it is dumb imho for bitmain to do such...but they have done so and control most miners on bitcoin network

I suspect they will do the same for pow-scrypt miners....run them till toasters...11-14 month roi and account for 80% plus of equip on ltc network

again really hope I'm wrong...but got deja vu on this kinda stuff (will be the 3rd time I've seen such antics by asic makers since 2013 if correct)

I really , really hope I am dead wrong...but am buying miners with this in mind. (have 1 unit July coming on top of the ones I got april and may)

but, be prudent only get what you can wait to ROI on no matter how long it takes...

another competitor with bitmain on price like

www.bw.com

would help ...but not holding my breath...thus bitmain games ..again imho ( I frigging hope I'm clueless on this)....but July will tell us the

lay of the land after this drought of miners that last shipped May 22nd.

edit: just looked at the www.bitmain.com site
looks like the L3+ August 28th to Sept 12th is now sold out.

Hopefully, there will not be a new batch out till November 2017 (hey a guy can hope right?)...

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:12:57 PM

The L3+ keeps popping in and out of stock on the Bitmain site.  So I don't know if they are doing this based on batches that they are ordering or if there is something else going on causing this availability to keep changing.  Certainly is strange. 
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:21:32 PM

The L3+ keeps popping in and out of stock on the Bitmain site.  So I don't know if they are doing this based on batches that they are ordering or if there is something else going on causing this availability to keep changing.  Certainly is strange. 

A lot of times what happens is people click on "BUY" but the payment never goes through so they go back on sale if the buyer never makes payment, either wire didn't go thru or buyer didn't send BTC etc. so they keep it on reserve status for 24 hours or so and than it goes back on market part of inventory management i suppose.

When I checked it looks sold out for suree.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:20:33 PM

The "Sold Out" thing has happened a few times over the last 2 or 3 weeks.  So it seems like it is something bigger than failed transactions causing them to come back into stock.  But that is a good observation.  I know we have seen that with the SHA256 miner batches where they will go into a sold out state and then come back for a very short while as those failed transactions release the miners back to be sold. 

Bitmain still has S9's for sale, but what a nightmare they are!  Between failed boards, heat issues, power draw, and noise levels that can be heard by your neighbors 2 houses away... No thanks!  If you are hosting in a climate controlled datacenter then maybe it would be OK provided you get lucky and don't have board issues. 

I have had more than my fill of problems with Bitmain hardware without intentionally buying gear that is known for its issues.  Grin

sqnkee

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:42:00 PM

BUT

BUT

other scrypt coin I'll give you...what I find thou is everyone goes to the other scrypt and litecoin difficulty drops in 3.5 days and I reap the benifits anyway (thou 1/2 of my stuff
is titans and they seem to work best on straight litecoin) but then again I take your point and the bitmain stuff I too should consider moving to say the prohashing site.

As to the S9 stuff I get the below at

bitmain s9 $1113 usd 13.5 TH

16th to 21st of August

1350 watts and 10c kwh

anyway $272.80 a month that S9 won't float for me anymore. Not on an August timeline.

Again back on topic..I hope you are correct..hell I hope you make this post I'm making look like idiocy 3 months from now...really!

But watched this kinda stuff when knc dumped Neptune btc miners and kept most for self use etc 2014.....and they never ROI'd

i suspect bitmain is going to flood market starting with July orders..and cointinue to do so ...like they have done with btc network

to a point like btc network everything will be at best an 11-14 month ROI on equip that arrives 2 to 2.5 months later. and Bitmain like
in btc network will account for 80% plus of asic's and this will rise when my titans go doorstop by the end of this year at my guess.

If that is the case..my senario holds....it is dumb imho for bitmain to do such...but they have done so and control most miners on bitcoin network

I suspect they will do the same for pow-scrypt miners....run them till toasters...11-14 month roi and account for 80% plus of equip on ltc network

again really hope I'm wrong...but got deja vu on this kinda stuff (will be the 3rd time I've seen such antics by asic makers since 2013 if correct)

I really , really hope I am dead wrong...but am buying miners with this in mind. (have 1 unit July coming on top of the ones I got april and may)

but, be prudent only get what you can wait to ROI on no matter how long it takes...

another competitor with bitmain on price like

www.bw.com

would help ...but not holding my breath...thus bitmain games ..again imho ( I frigging hope I'm clueless on this)....but July will tell us the

lay of the land after this drought of miners that last shipped May 22nd.

edit: just looked at the www.bitmain.com site
looks like the L3+ August 28th to Sept 12th is now sold out.

Hopefully, there will not be a new batch out till November 2017 (hey a guy can hope right?)...

Belive me, retail market is not a problem. As You said BW with their L21 miner, also Zeus with their Volcano. They are not stupid, if there is money to earn they do. BW developed own miner for their farm so look how big business it is. If some people buy some L3+ i'm not worry about it. I'm worry about one of these two maybe INNOSILICON also decide to open another farm 1 or 2TH. That will be problem Wink
fabrizeo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:08:49 AM

Hello,

I am thinking to buy 20 L3+ in the current batch.

How would you calculate the potential gain with delivery in September?

I have difficulties estimating what would be the difficulty at this time...

My electricity rate is 0.07 usd per kh/w.

I base all my estimation on a price of 45 usd per litecoin but with 20 miners and a price of 100 usd per ltc i get 360,00 USD per year...

What is your thoughts on this ?

Ps : i live in china
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:25:42 AM

Hello,

I base all my estimation on a price of 45 usd per litecoin but with 20 miners and a price of 100 usd per ltc i get 360,00 USD per year...

I am biased (see my previous posts) look at previous posts on this thread for both sides of the argument if getting bitmain miners now is a good idea or not with difficulty rises etc

Only thing my view and the other view can agree on ..it probably will become obvious in July if there will be a difficulty pump or not

all I can say...also at 7c kwh that is not bad...also don't buy any asic machines you are not prepared to lose $$$ on in comparison to just getting and holding LTC or BTC
ie the usual miner concerns.

but review the thread...make up your own mind ...and remember in my case...I got a mess of bitmains in April and May...thus my perspective is on getting MORE or ANY
at this time...it skews my view...just to be fair when you read the arguments on if to get equip or if not to and hold coin or wait..in this thread

tough choice.....no clear answer....anyway review the thread comments on this is my recommendation

fabrizeo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:17:50 AM

Hello,

I am biased (see my previous posts) look at previous posts on this thread for both sides of the argument if getting bitmain miners now is a good idea or not with difficulty rises etc

Only thing my view and the other view can agree on ..it probably will become obvious in July if there will be a difficulty pump or not

all I can say...also at 7c kwh that is not bad...also don't buy any asic machines you are not prepared to lose $$$ on in comparison to just getting and holding LTC or BTC
ie the usual miner concerns.

but review the thread...make up your own mind ...and remember in my case...I got a mess of bitmains in April and May...thus my perspective is on getting MORE or ANY
at this time...it skews my view...just to be fair when you read the arguments on if to get equip or if not to and hold coin or wait..in this thread

tough choice.....no clear answer....anyway review the thread comments on this is my recommendation

Thanks for your answer. Any idea when the next batch is available ?

thx
PanneKopp

Activity: 391

aka ...

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:33:31 AM

Any idea when the next batch is available ?

thx

... watching this over time (at least, since I did my July order)
I´m a litlebit scared about the rise in difficulty that will come.

They (bitmain) offer new batches every week,
like somebody else said - pushing out like toasters.

Huh

... please make an educated guess !
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:19:01 PM

you can buy now with 41 LTC  Undecided
with diff rising like hell on july, bitmain is gonna pump ltc price
buggy166

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:23:56 PM

Any idea when the next batch is available ?

thx

... watching this over time (at least, since I did my July order)
I´m a litlebit scared about the rise in difficulty that will come.

They (bitmain) offer new batches every week,
like somebody else said - pushing out like toasters.

Huh

they rotate their machines on a scheduled mining cycle probably, 3 months in, they sell. Thats just my guess. Could be 6 months.

Regardless of what they do, people will buy them.

edit:

Quick update, heard back from Bitmain that the wire went through okay, and thats 2 business days total (friday+monday). It definitely is the slower way to pay, and its open to mistakes (like the bank getting addresses wrong and blocking the transfer, etc). In the future I'll only do transactions in coin, whatever it may be.
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:44:20 PM

you can buy now with 41 LTC  Undecided
with diff rising like hell on july, bitmain is gonna pump ltc price
WTF?!? That's more than 2100 USD per L3+...the last batch was 1290 USD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: