Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 09:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284844 times)
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:58:08 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 05:13:39 PM by GMPoison

Anyone else having APW3++ issues powering 2 units?

You running 220v, and not overclocking them? If so, it should have no problems powering 2 units.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Albortz

Activity: 420

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:24:45 PM

Hello 1 of my miners is getting auto reboot every 5-10 minutes how i can fix that?

This sounds like a Control Board issue.

Does it say socket connect failure on the info page under firmware?  If that is the case and a hard reset does not work, you need to get a new CB from bitmain

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:47:05 PM

You running 220v, and not overclocking them? If so, it should have no problems powering 2 units.

220 or there about.

Certainly not overclocking.. underclocking is a good temp solution though will keep this in mind.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
taserz

Activity: 798
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:03:12 PM

Dead hashboards..........dead hashboards everywhere

did you OC the miners?  Mine are running smoothly so far except for some broken control boards.

More importantly is it a temporary XXXXX or is it a solid one where you need to send it to repairs.  I would love to know how chip temp is

OC the miners out of warranty. Been running them all at 475mhz for 610-620mh/s

most of the time the xxxx was temporary one batch of 3 that shipped together all had the first card shit the bed. I actually just got one going last night but messing with the firmware. All it needed to do was get a asic temp and it will mine. It says there is only 20 asics on the board but it mines at full speed as long as it has the temp. I think the temperature thing is what goes fast on these boards.

Can't I am waiting to hear if I can get a replacement board for 2 of them and 4 for the other. They are out of warranty at this point. All the others I have have been doing great some I actually got OC to 475mhs doing 620mh/s (warranty is gone so might as well OC them now since the difficulty is going to go up when more l3+'s land. The extra $5 per machine adds up when you have a dozen.

Also for those that want to see this is how I have 9 L3+'s going right now

Stacked once and have them next to eachother with PSU's separating block of 4. Behind the rack there is a window. I have approx 20 more miners coming and I think I need a longer shelf than this current one. Otherwise I will have three shelves loaded with these things. I have d3's and s9's coming. I have 3 fans moving around around in this room sucking in from a window and blowing out. It should work until winter is over then I need to build a shed for these things.
This is a very bad idea. The L3+ is a bit different than the S9 and or D3. It gives off a lot of heat at the top near the Control board. By stacking the units like you've done there you are restricting airflow at a very critical area of those servers. That sir, is a recipe for disaster.

Temps are lower than they are when they sit next to each-other there is a solid amount of airflow. When more s9's and d3's land I will probably change the setup on the L3's if what you are saying true. All the heat should be going through the miners fans not radiate out of the case.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:16:54 PM

did you OC the miners?  Mine are running smoothly so far except for some broken control boards.

More importantly is it a temporary XXXXX or is it a solid one where you need to send it to repairs.  I would love to know how chip temp is

most of the time the xxxx was temporary one batch of 3 that shipped together all had the first card shit the bed. I actually just got one going last night but messing with the firmware. All it needed to do was get a asic temp and it will mine. It says there is only 20 asics on the board but it mines at full speed as long as it has the temp. I think the temperature thing is what goes fast on these boards.

Can't I am waiting to hear if I can get a replacement board for 2 of them and 4 for the other. They are out of warranty at this point. All the others I have have been doing great some I actually got OC to 475mhs doing 620mh/s (warranty is gone so might as well OC them now since the difficulty is going to go up when more l3+'s land. The extra $5 per machine adds up when you have a dozen.

Stacked once and have them next to eachother with PSU's separating block of 4. Behind the rack there is a window. I have approx 20 more miners coming and I think I need a longer shelf than this current one. Otherwise I will have three shelves loaded with these things. I have d3's and s9's coming. I have 3 fans moving around around in this room sucking in from a window and blowing out. It should work until winter is over then I need to build a shed for these things.
This is a very bad idea. The L3+ is a bit different than the S9 and or D3. It gives off a lot of heat at the top near the Control board. By stacking the units like you've done there you are restricting airflow at a very critical area of those servers. That sir, is a recipe for disaster.

Temps are lower than they are when they sit next to each-other there is a solid amount of airflow. When more s9's and d3's land I will probably change the setup on the L3's if what you are saying true. All the heat should be going through the miners fans not radiate out of the case.
In the case of S9's and D3's you are in fact correct. But, the L3+ emits a considerable amount of heat up through the top of the body near the Control Board. For this reason, "venting them" with airflow tubes and or ducts, attached to the fan shrouds is ineffective. There needs to be air flowing over the tops of the units as well. I only know this from experience. I'm just guessing, but that cluster you have there is going to cook off like a grenade with a faulty detonator.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
AntCoin_dev

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:47:09 PM

You must put miners with spaces so airflow can work well and temp isn't too high. OC is not recommend because miners reach high temp, they cannot run smooth
GMPoison

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 09:11:38 PM by GMPoison

did you OC the miners?  Mine are running smoothly so far except for some broken control boards.

More importantly is it a temporary XXXXX or is it a solid one where you need to send it to repairs.  I would love to know how chip temp is

In the case of S9's and D3's you are in fact correct. But, the L3+ emits a considerable amount of heat up through the top of the body near the Control Board. For this reason, "venting them" with airflow tubes and or ducts, attached to the fan shrouds is ineffective. There needs to be air flowing over the tops of the units as well. I only know this from experience. I'm just guessing, but that cluster you have there is going to cook off like a grenade with a faulty detonator.

How much heat is emitted from the top of the control boards compared to the exhaust fan in the back would you say? I was planning on "venting them" by separating the back half of the miners from the front half to contain the hot exhaust air from the fan shrouds by putting something up on the back of the rack where the miners will be placed such as a heavy duty tarp. With the tarp flush against the back of the rack, you could cut holes in it aligned with the miners exhaust fans so all of the exhaust air can't be recirculated into their intakes and could be vented right out of the window and kept separate from the rest of the room using a tarp on each side of the rack and over the top directly venting all of that hot air out the window. I can't imagine that more heat would be coming out of the top from the boards compared to the exhaust fans though.

I'm thinking that venting them how I described to get rid of the hot exhaust air, and then putting an AC in the rooms "cold isle" (the main room where the miners intakes are, not the smaller "hot isle" to contain and vent the hot exhaust air) to help deal with the hot air from the control boards would be sufficient.
taserz

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:52:30 PM

Ok so a simple solution would be to get some putty and seal off the the gaps where the cable are that connect to the hash boards. Are you saying the control boards are likely to fail in this setup or do you mean the hashboards. I have yet to have an issue with a control board but plan on buying one as a backup.

You must put miners with spaces so airflow can work well and temp isn't too high. OC is not recommend because miners reach high temp, they cannot run smooth

As of right now they are all running under 60C Most are in the low 50s

Fan hard set to 70% I could bring it back up to 80% and temps drop about 3-5C more but it just get much louder. I will do that once the s9's start arriving as by then I will have sound proofed the room more.

How much heat is emitted from the top of the control boards compared to the exhaust fan in the back would you say? I was planning on "venting them" by separating the back half of the miners from the front half to contain the hot exhaust air from the fan shrouds by putting something up on the back of the rack where the miners will be placed such as a heavy duty tarp. With the tarp flush against the back of the rack, you could cut holes in it aligned with the miners exhaust fans so all of the exhaust air can't be recirculated into their intakes and could be vented right out of the window and kept separate from the rest of the room using a tarp on each side of the rack and over the top directly venting all of that hot air out the window. I can't imagine that more heat would be coming out of the top from the boards compared to the exhaust fans though.

I'm thinking that venting them how I described to get rid of the hot exhaust air, and then putting an AC in the rooms "cold isle" (the main room where the miners intakes are, not the smaller "hot isle" to contain and vent the hot exhaust air) to help deal with the hot air from the control boards would be sufficient.

So mine are all on their side so it doesn't rise out in the slots of the hashboards.

Your setup is similar to what I am going to be setting up. Well the same concept so the exhaust air has no choice but to go out of the room.

If you run them sitting up right then yes there is some hot air flowing out by the wires. Turning them on their side less air radiates out. I am going to try to get some putty or just maybe tape over the gap to prevent air leaking out.

We are both thinking the same idea. The cold isle or cold side is all the air being pumped into the room via window a/c etc. The hot isle is going to separate all the air coming out to not leak into the cold isle.

If you guys like I can go get my thermal camera and snap some picutres. It is low res but you will get the idea. My setup is not perfect as there is no piping out the back now but you can see what I am working with.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
ethos777

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:43:08 PM

Two units per APW3++ are still working fine on 240V since October 4th.
BenRickert

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:35:31 PM

did you OC the miners?  Mine are running smoothly so far except for some broken control boards.

More importantly is it a temporary XXXXX or is it a solid one where you need to send it to repairs.  I would love to know how chip temp is

Yes I agree. The Heat from the top if I had to guess is probably only 5-15%  0f what blows through the body and out the back. By "venting them, I was refereeing to what I've seen a few folks do. That is...attaching a ducting tube directly to the exhaust fan and routing the heat out through that tubing. I imagine the heat at the control board is not going to immediately damage anything but the cumulative effect over time is probably not optimal. I'm sure that you, like me, want the longest life from these units and from what I've been told, optimal cooling and ventilation is the best way to help that along. I also use the tactic you are describing. I personally find it very effective and adequate. Although I don't use any AC on the cold side. I would if I saw temps getting too high but so far I have not had that. Even at 80 degrees F ambient temp on the intake side of the units. Pretty amazing how robust these units are. Especially the S9's.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:47:07 PM

Ok so a simple solution would be to get some putty and seal off the the gaps where the cable are that connect to the hash boards. Are you saying the control boards are likely to fail in this setup or do you mean the hashboards. I have yet to have an issue with a control board but plan on buying one as a backup.

Fan hard set to 70% I could bring it back up to 80% and temps drop about 3-5C more but it just get much louder. I will do that once the s9's start arriving as by then I will have sound proofed the room more.

So mine are all on their side so it doesn't rise out in the slots of the hashboards.

Your setup is similar to what I am going to be setting up. Well the same concept so the exhaust air has no choice but to go out of the room.

If you run them sitting up right then yes there is some hot air flowing out by the wires. Turning them on their side less air radiates out. I am going to try to get some putty or just maybe tape over the gap to prevent air leaking out.

We are both thinking the same idea. The cold isle or cold side is all the air being pumped into the room via window a/c etc. The hot isle is going to separate all the air coming out to not leak into the cold isle.

If you guys like I can go get my thermal camera and snap some picutres. It is low res but you will get the idea. My setup is not perfect as there is no piping out the back now but you can see what I am working with.

That OCing sure gets tempting when you see the graphic difference in profitability. The added power consumption is not linear either, You seem to gain more $ without paying much more in Kw. Oh well. I'm a chicken. Back to cooling... To be safe, I have always matched my exhaust CFM capacity to the amount of displacement from the cumulative miners. If you have 4 miners moving 250 CFM then you probably want an exhaust fan that also evacuates that much air volume (1000 CFM) on your hot side. Some even say to keep "positive static pressure" between Cold and Hot sides. A little more Cold coming in than Hot going out. I haven't gotten that technical yet, but I plan too. These machines take a ton of abuse from a heat standpoint. I'd like to mitigate that to keep them healthy. We're all gonna want to sell them at some point to get the upcoming 10 and then 7 nm tech when the game of "musical ASIC's" starts up again. LOL.

GMPoison

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:00:48 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 12:15:12 AM by GMPoison

That OCing sure gets tempting when you see the graphic difference in profitability. The added power consumption is not linear either, You seem to gain more $ without paying much more in Kw. Oh well. I'm a chicken. Back to cooling... To be safe, I have always matched my exhaust CFM capacity to the amount of displacement from the cumulative miners. If you have 4 miners moving 250 CFM then you probably want an exhaust fan that also evacuates that much air volume (1000 CFM) on your hot side. Some even say to keep "positive static pressure" between Cold and Hot sides. A little more Cold coming in than Hot going out. I haven't gotten that technical yet, but I plan too. These machines take a ton of abuse from a heat standpoint. I'd like to mitigate that to keep them healthy. We're all gonna want to sell them at some point to get the upcoming 10 and then 7 nm tech when the game of "musical ASIC's" starts up again. LOL.

I'm assuming you can't OC them if you're running two on a single APW3++ on 220v? Those increased profits do make OC'ing tempting. I don't think I'd go for it though, who knows how long these will be the most efficient miners (probably a long while), and I want to be sure they're in tip top condition to get the most back when reselling.
taserz

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:01:45 AM

I'm assuming you can't OC them if you're running two on a single APW3++ on 220v? Those increased profits do make OC'ing tempting. I don't think I'd go for it though, who knows how long these will be the most efficient miners (probably a long while), and I want to be sure they're in tip top condition to get the most back when reselling.

I am going to ask the electrician or get a 240v meter and test how much power draw the psu is doing. I don't think you can run 2 and OC them.

zamans98

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:09:04 AM

on 220-240v, u can use the 18 PCI-e to connect 2 L3+ and OC is doable, provided miner is below 50 deg C. However, I never tested prolonged OC'ing, because u lose money on downtime. Better OC only once u cross 180days or out of warranty coverage.

My preference is single PSU, single Miner for stability.
taserz

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:19:42 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 03:39:11 AM by taserz

Code:

Been ocing for months at 444-475mhz temps in low 50's max high 50's never had issues with boards that did not have issues during their warranty period. Boards that had issues while under warranty shit the bed while ocing but it was always board 0.

Interestingly enough a card that was saying

Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 0 ASIC 0 !!!
Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 1 ASIC 72 !!!
Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 2 ASIC 72 !!!
Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 3 ASIC 72 !!!

Now says

Code:
]Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 0 ASIC 71 !!!
Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 1 ASIC 72 !!!
Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 2 ASIC 72 !!!
Oct 11 03:22:37 (none) local0.notice cgminer[27486]: Chain 3 ASIC 72 !!!

After flashing the L3 firmware running it for and hour then flashing the L3+ and letting it just run for a few hours. This was a machine that had Chain 0 at Asics 0 for the past 2 weeks. If you are asking why I flashed the firmwar I was just curious if the L3 firmware would detect the asics or anything which fun fact it does just not that card. After flashing it back it still had 0 asic's and then after a few hours it saw them all and got the temp.... So confused as to why.

Like what the

AntCoin_dev

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:22:37 AM

Hello, I got 5 of my L3 week ago 504Mhz, I ran them all for week, but at they day 4, one of the miner started hash 260mhz only for 8 hour and after went down to 60mhz to 120mhz jumping around during a day. I do not know how to add a picture here, but where I usually have "oooo" it should be 4 lines by 72. I have 72-42-72-1 Did anyone have the same? What should I do, create repair ticket with bitmain?
Please check your miner temp. Maybe high temp so your miners auto stop hash
denis1995

Activity: 256

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:11:23 AM

Hello 1 of my miners is getting auto reboot every 5-10 minutes how i can fix that?

This sounds like a Control Board issue.

Does it say socket connect failure on the info page under firmware?  If that is the case and a hard reset does not work, you need to get a new CB from bitmain
No is everything fine i jus have in the board 3 65 asic not 72 and is getting auto rebooted.
Albortz

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:21:56 AM

Hello, I got 5 of my L3 week ago 504Mhz, I ran them all for week, but at they day 4, one of the miner started hash 260mhz only for 8 hour and after went down to 60mhz to 120mhz jumping around during a day. I do not know how to add a picture here, but where I usually have "oooo" it should be 4 lines by 72. I have 72-42-72-1 Did anyone have the same? What should I do, create repair ticket with bitmain?

Reboot the miner. If that still does not work, try to instal a new image of the firmware and if that still does not fix it, its safe to say your Board 2 and 4 are broken and need to be repaired.

And I hope you meant 504MHs  not MHz because that would be OC like shit

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lentyna

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:14:47 PM

I've seen different numbers from 200 to 250, but does anyone know the true L3+ CFM? I'm trying to duct them to a fan and trying to figure out how many my fan can handle.
taserz

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:50:24 AM

Can you please tell me from witch app is this printscreen (monitoring app for l3+)

That is using awesomeminer to monitor all of my l3's

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: