Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:09:06 AM

Well........looks like I get to create my first repair ticket. This is absurd. I waited 2 months for these L3+ to come in and one of them has a bad hash board. At least that is what I'm guessing has happened. recap-I noticed an X where there should've been a 0 on the first ASIC. So I rebooted the miner, it came back online and this is what happened.
See pic below

**UPDATE*** The zero's are now XXXXX instead of 0000 on the first board.

I have also noticed that this miner is making a weird low howling noise..its different from the other L3+, i will probably try to figure out how to dis assemble it and see why it is making this noise.

Its like it isn't even recognizing the miner.

I tried
-rebooting multiple times
-upgrading the firmware to the firmware on their website
-seated all the power cables
-tried a different PSU

And I still get the same thing. When I researched on Bitmains website they said these are symptoms of "Chain scission of chips" or something like that. Anyone have any suggestions? If not then I am going to ship the board to them (I guess just the board and not the whole miner?). Has anyone had any luck sending to their US Facility that they list in California? I would like to send it to them and get it warrantied. Any advice would be appreciated..

That sounds like your board is gone....  Did you OC it?

If you did not OC it, open a support ticket and get the repaid done as fast as possible. The good thing is you can keep the miner with 3 boards and still earn money.

My controll board was broken and I was not able to do anything with the miner until i got a repair

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mano237

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:41:44 AM

Guys I got a question.

If I want to mine Einsteinium (EMC2) on this pool

https://emc2.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

There I can find following: "stratum+tcp://emc2.suprnova.cc:3366 ASIC-Port: 3365 / Nicehash Port: 3367"

So is it possible for ASICS like the L3+ to mine Einsteinium and get btc payout to my nicehash workeradress?
Or is the "Nicehash Port: 3367" only for GPU and specific mining software?

jchi2210

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:46:29 PM

Well........looks like I get to create my first repair ticket. This is absurd. I waited 2 months for these L3+ to come in and one of them has a bad hash board. At least that is what I'm guessing has happened. recap-I noticed an X where there should've been a 0 on the first ASIC. So I rebooted the miner, it came back online and this is what happened.
See pic below

I have also noticed that this miner is making a weird low howling noise..its different from the other L3+, i will probably try to figure out how to dis assemble it and see why it is making this noise.

I tried
-tried a different PSU

And I still get the same thing. When I researched on Bitmains website they said these are symptoms of "Chain scission of chips" or something like that. Anyone have any suggestions? If not then I am going to ship the board to them (I guess just the board and not the whole miner?). Has anyone had any luck sending to their US Facility that they list in California? I would like to send it to them and get it warrantied. Any advice would be appreciated..

If you did not OC it, open a support ticket and get the repaid done as fast as possible. The good thing is you can keep the miner with 3 boards and still earn money.

My controll board was broken and I was not able to do anything with the miner until i got a repair

I didn't touch anything on the software other than the mining pools lol. I guess I'll send them the hash board..are they hard to take out? Has anyone used the US repair facility? Or should I just ship it to their China facility?

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
2Laidback

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:36:09 PM

Ok, So I am going to go ahead and get an L3+ and PSU from Bitmain.  What is the easiest way to change my Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash?  I got burned on another "sale" from some other site that disappeared and am a bit over-cautious on making this happen.
redalert11

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:03:36 PM

Is it safe to run these with 2 850 watts 120v hp server power supplies?
linkin87

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:06:06 PM

Are there some new information about the next generation of L3+? L4 is announce?
2Laidback

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:27:36 PM

Ok, So I am going to go ahead and get an L3+ and PSU from Bitmain.  What is the easiest way to change my Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash?  I got burned on another "sale" from some other site that disappeared and am a bit over-cautious on making this happen.

So, I got BTC in my Bitcoin wallet and can send them BCC.  I can't find out if they accept this as the order invoice states BCH only.  Just don't want to do something stupid and lose money.
lentyna

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:02:11 PM

See pic below

I tried
-tried a different PSU

I didn't touch anything on the software other than the mining pools lol. I guess I'll send them the hash board..are they hard to take out? Has anyone used the US repair facility? Or should I just ship it to their China facility?

It's easy to take the board out, just unscrew 4 screws the side where the exhaust fan is (will have to break warranty sticker for this) and pull it out. I used LA facility and they fixed it and shipped it back in 10 days.

Minerdude8

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:05:43 PM

Any solid pools in Europe where they have  Einsteinium (EMC2)? I have read bad things about supernova.
jchi2210

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:05:50 PM

See pic below

I tried
-tried a different PSU

It's easy to take the board out, just unscrew 4 screws the side where the exhaust fan is (will have to break warranty sticker for this) and pull it out. I used LA facility and they fixed it and shipped it back in 10 days.

Thank you for the reply, will breaking the warranty sticker void the warranty? In other words, should I just send the whole miner to the US facility or should I take it apart and send only the hash board? and if I send just the hash board, do I create a ticket for it first and make sure they are ok with me removing the hash board? I noticed on their website that you need their permission but I'm not sure how strict they are on it.

Should I call the US facility or email them or should I just open a repair ticket and send it to the US facility?

Sorry for all of the questions lol, I just want to make sure that I do it right since the whole process of RMA is confusing through Bitmain. It seems like you are supposed to box everything up first or at least get a tracking number and ONLY THEN can you start the repair ticket on their website, when you have a tracking number.

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
lentyna

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:21:47 PM

See pic below

I tried
-tried a different PSU

That sounds like your board is gone....  Did you OC it?

Thank you for the reply, will breaking the warranty sticker void the warranty? In other words, should I just send the whole miner to the US facility or should I take it apart and send only the hash board? and if I send just the hash board, do I create a ticket for it first and make sure they are ok with me removing the hash board? I noticed on their website that you need their permission but I'm not sure how strict they are on it.

Should I call the US facility or email them or should I just open a repair ticket and send it to the US facility?

Sorry for all of the questions lol, I just want to make sure that I do it right since the whole process of RMA is confusing through Bitmain. It seems like you are supposed to box everything up first or at least get a tracking number and ONLY THEN can you start the repair ticket on their website, when you have a tracking number.

Check here which is your case: https://bitmainhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/220872007-Possible-problems-for-Antminer-Troubleshooting-for-S7-S9

Mine was #6 which says take a board out. So I just created a ticket (it was auto approved), printed a form, took a board out and shipped it to their CA repair facility.

BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:12:36 PM

So, I got BTC in my Bitcoin wallet and can send them BCC.  I can't find out if they accept this as the order invoice states BCH only.  Just don't want to do something stupid and lose money.
When they say Bitcoin cash they mean it. Only send BCC. Bittrex is the exchange I use. It's a very good trading platform for swaps. BTC to BCH and a million others. Transfer BTC to Bittrex wallet and then convert to BCH. Send BCH directly from Bittrex wallet to Bitmain Payment address which they'll supply to you. Make sure you send the exact amount they request including the shipping in the total. Good luck. Dealing with Bitmain is ALWAYS an adventure! Don't panic!! LOL.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:14:45 PM

Oh yeah. BCC and BCH are the same thing. Bitcoin Cash. Different people use both symbols interchangeably. I know....it's pretty dumb.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
2Laidback

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:59:39 PM

Oh yeah. BCC and BCH are the same thing. Bitcoin Cash. Different people use both symbols interchangeably. I know....it's pretty dumb.

So, in my Bitcoin wallet, it says i can send it in BCC.  I guess it coverts BTC balance to BCC. Trying not to freak, but losing that other money has me edgy.  I just want to start mining!
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:58:50 AM

So, in my Bitcoin wallet, it says i can send it in BCC.  I guess it coverts BTC balance to BCC. Trying not to freak, but losing that other money has me edgy.  I just want to start mining!

What wallet do you use? afaik there is no way to convert btc balance to others coin in the wallet, you have to exchange it even like shapeshift.io

ssnova

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:32:43 AM

Anyone know of a simple way to make this work with wireless? Or a workaround for this?.... a way to perhaps connect this from ethernet to a wireless router that connects to a wireless network that is connected to the internet?

For me, there is no way I can connect it to a wired ethernet due to my circumstance... is there an easier way to do this wireless? Any suggestions?  

TIA
2Laidback

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:35:39 AM

What wallet do you use? afaik there is no way to convert btc balance to others coin in the wallet, you have to exchange it even like shapeshift.io

I am using Bitcoin.com wallet.  When you go to start a "send" transaction, I can enter "send address" then click on "Legacy" and it changes from BTC to BCC.  This was also on a tutorial on Bitcoins website.  
If there is a easier way (or safer way) I am all for it.
jchi2210

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:58:26 AM

See pic below

I tried
-tried a different PSU

Check here which is your case: https://bitmainhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/220872007-Possible-problems-for-Antminer-Troubleshooting-for-S7-S9

Mine was #6 which says take a board out. So I just created a ticket (it was auto approved), printed a form, took a board out and shipped it to their CA repair facility.

Ok I will open her up then and pull a board. How do I know which board it is? It says #1 but I don't know where that is in relation to on the miner.

jchi2210

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:12:57 AM

I just created a repair order. It shows status "uncollected", does this mean I still ship the board back to them? Just curious, on that link you gave me, does that count as them giving us permission to open the miner up? Or did they give you express permission? I just don't want to void my warranty. Lol

BenRickert

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:57:00 AM

See pic below

I tried
-tried a different PSU

Ok I will open her up then and pull a board. How do I know which board it is? It says #1 but I don't know where that is in relation to on the miner.
You have to unplug each board one at a time and check your miner status to see which one goes offline to identify which is which.

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: