Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:49:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284835 times)
Shitcointalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:46:22 AM

Asic profit WILL decrease no matter what. You must know that when you invest in. So far we have been really lucky that LTC price increase so much. With new batchs coming all the time, not only from bitmain now (A4+ and BW-L21), and BCC that went full PoS, we could earn much less than that.

Plus, I am happy that bitmain do not release any more L3+ until march/april, that give us a little time to mine without increasing the competition too much. 

And lastly, if you have been hodling your LTC since 1 of october, you should have a pretty decent profit by now !

I certainly do not defend bitmain here, they are just as greedy as we are, but I don't see anything to complain about.

No it has been growing and if Bitmain is holding to March it would not continue to grow like it has.  They and others are definitely mining with there equipment.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/litecoin-hashrate.html

Look at how much it has grown since the very last part of the year!  40T to 105T  That is almost triple in about a months time!  Do not say they are not using the miners they are selling to mine with them first!

This huge rise in difficulty come mostly from A4+ and BW-L21 delivery. That sucks for us L3+ owner, but again we are lucky our profit remains almost constant in USD, thanks to LTC and other alts rise.
But I give it to you, that's a scary chart !
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:58:06 PM

I cant wait for the next batches of L3+ to hit the network  Undecided

This is going to be fun yeayyyyy  Or is it?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:40:02 PM

Antminer L3+ as mostly ASIC makes too much noise.

Is there anyone solve that issue in simple manner ?
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:18:46 PM

Compared to the S9 and the D3 the L3+'s are silent!!  Cheesy

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:21:36 PM

Compared to the S9 and the D3 the L3+'s are silent!!  Cheesy
Oh yeah! 800w to cool instead of 1300w in the same space... For some reason even the D3, with closer wattage to the S9, is much more silent. The S9 is, as someone around here explained, basically a siren.
Dr Octagon

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:40:53 PM

Oh my god, you seriously cannot begin to understand how happy finding this thread has made me.

I CAN TURN THE FANS Down (sshhh) I have had 2 L3+'s (and an S9 - but that HAD to be forced elsewhere) literally 15 feet from my head 24/7 - it was like someone feeding a sentiant AI into a digital mincer. It has almost been worth the chronic migraines and liver failure (due to quantities of paracetamol for debilitating headaches) just to lay down here with the fans at 30%. You know like having to go after a realllyyy long bus journey.

God bless however mentioned that the fans could be adjusted. As you may of guessed this is my first venture into mining and I nearly sold them for real cheap today (or was going to spend $600 on custom sound deadening cases).

so from 4720 rpm stock to 3480. Amazing. Dropped the frequency (Kenneth) down to 350 to be on the safe side, highest chip temp is 54c after 90min. I think I can put it up a little but will hold on another couple of hours. The S9 chips are up around 80c afair, but not sure if I'm comparing apples with apples.

Few things I've noticed - most intresting first, see Bitmain have launched a whole A.I division... I didn't really give much though to the S9's chips being 16 nanometers, until I googled what a nanometer was - a human hair is 80,000 - 100,000 nano meters! How the hell do they make something that switches 1&0's only 16 nanometers??! I can't imagine. I can't imagine it being done without Chinese state assistance. No ICO's, No Exchanges, but max out the mining and spin off A.I tech... conspiracy theory Thursday. Surely creating a wee machine 16nanometers for mass production is pretty astonishing? I think so, but then I have just figured out how to turn the fans down after nearly 2 months so perhaps I'm not fronting the bell curve.

A lot of people holding major beef against Bitmain. I don't know why really. The only thing they have done on me (which is really sloppy actually) they labeled my most recent L3+ as 1640 - no currency symbol. And it cost 1540 odd. So being UK I got hit with customs in £'s or GBP, which ran me an extra $150 import tax.

I am yet to get my 4th and final miner (S9 - 2xL3+ 2XS9) between 10-19th Jan, so won't praise them to quickly (esp after something so stupid as misspricing without a currency symbol - I will try and claim it back, but it won't be fun). But in fairness the 3 have arrived working, when they said. I'm not sure Bitmain can be held responsible for the pretty disappointing returns I'm getting on Pro-Hashing - 2 both at 419mh only made $32.98 lnite.
I'm having a real problem on Prohashing with my average miner effeciency, mid 90's, low as 88%. Currently 97.56%.

I wonder is it because I'm getting paid out in 4 diff coins (LTC, GULDEN, ZCASH, VERT) or because I'm runnin 2 L3+'s of a 20 PCI, 1600w Bitmain APW+++? 240v at the wall here, no wattage meters, but maybe my slight overclock pushed them over the 1600w's? If so would you recommend picking up a 3/400w PSU to power a hashing board or 2?

Even so, my prohashing figures are way below nicehashes daily projections. Tip for Chris? Yes. Make your site give me more coin please or I'm off. Are others getting better numbers?

Read about this Miningrigrentals. Sounds great if it's legit. Many here using it? Seems pretty new. But minimum regular payouts could well make it worth the nicehack risk if it is paying out even 15% more.

Beyond that hello Smiley

Thank you so so much for saying about the fan thing. I was nanometers from selling the pair below cost today.

All the best

kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:06:07 PM

I cant wait for the next batches of L3+ to hit the network  Undecided

This is going to be fun yeayyyyy  Or is it?

I can't imagine it being the catastrophe that people thought the November/December batch was going to be (honestly, it wasn't). Hopefully the L3+ will remain profitable until they release their next iteration with a more efficient chip, but who knows how long that will be. Even still, I don't think the L3+ will have trouble remaining profitable until that happens.
kenji

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:19:05 PM

If i order Antminer L3+ now , do you know when i will really receive it ?
If wait too long maybe is better to buy used one but it will cost more.

Don't they are scamming by not releasing to March when they know the difficulty will not ROI!  Right now I have 5 L3+ when they were making 1.25 coins a day now they are making only 0.3381664727261184 in 24 hours.  That is for 5 miners that means you will not make no 2 coins by March a month!   Bitmain is out to destroy the Litecoin profit!  Without getting 1 new unit a month you can not stay up with the difficulty and they are intentionally doing this to make sure you do not ROI and they make the money!  I started mining with my 5 in October 1st and now down to not even .4 coins in that short of a time.. There will be no profit by March!  That is .3 coins less every month so add the month of Jan, Feb, and March and I will not even be at .1 coin a day!

They are holding and mining....I have a buddy ...he is getting a mess of (or did) dirty L3+'s with replacement fans..(ya think maybe they might be mining these puppies?)

thus the wait til March....rinse/wash/repeat the ways of Bitmain are the usual 'yawn' evil.....its a grind ...but Bitmain feels someone has to take advantage of all you

prosperous miners of any asic flavor Smiley

(Bitmain:Day to Day Evil: is a grind, but someone has to do it!) (tm bitmain)

It's all relative.

Are they making a stupid amount of money by mining with their own units before shipping them out? Sure. Are they providing people like us with a way to make a relatively large amount of money with a relatively small investment? You bet they are.

Also, you've got to be kidding if you think the L3+ won't be able to hit ROI because they don't release until March. You're probably the same person from a few months ago that was preaching the L3+ would be worthless around this time because of the huge batches they released, yet here we are making hundreds a month off a single machine.
GigaRho

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:43:27 PM

Just want to stop by and mention that I recently opened my private Scrypt multipool to the public. We are a profit-switching pool that autoexchanges all found coins into Bitcoin. Personally used several Antminer L3+ just mining Litecoin early on when it was profitable, but now using those to mine one coin just doesn't make sense with the rising difficulty. We have over 60+ Scrypt coins already and have intentions to add more when it benefits our users. There are other algorithms on the pool as well if you use x11, NeoScrypt, etc.

https://gigarho.com
BenRickert

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:04:05 AM

Just want to stop by and mention that I recently opened my private Scrypt multipool to the public. We are a profit-switching pool that autoexchanges all found coins into Bitcoin. Personally used several Antminer L3+ just mining Litecoin early on when it was profitable, but now using those to mine one coin just doesn't make sense with the rising difficulty. We have over 60+ Scrypt coins already and have intentions to add more when it benefits our users. There are other algorithms on the pool as well if you use x11, NeoScrypt, etc.

Interesting, what are you earning per day (currently) on Scrypt mining per L3+? Roughly?

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
mojoo98

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:00:54 AM

guys what pool and coin is most profitable currently cuz 18$ a day is not the style or the level of our antminer L3+ so please help with any out of the box mining ideas
kenji

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:15:04 AM

guys what pool and coin is most profitable currently cuz 18$ a day is not the style or the level of our antminer L3+ so please help with any out of the box mining ideas

How is earning $540 a month passively off a single machine "not your style", lol?
mojoo98

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:24:23 AM

How is earning $540 a month passively off a single machine "not your style", lol?
I mean that is not what used to be with l3+ it was ranging in 25$
GigaRho

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Interesting, what are you earning per day (currently) on Scrypt mining per L3+? Roughly?

I want to be cautious of giving numbers to prevent false expectations, but at the time of this writing, the estimate is ~2.43 mBTC/GH/Day. So for an L3+ being around 504 MH/s default lets say ~1.22 mBTC/day or $20.7 at a BTC exchange rate of $16,970. Today was a +12.3% increase in BTC valuation so far, so those numbers may be a bit of a rough estimate assuming those exchange rates are subject to change for each individual coin being quoted at time of mining to their BTC value. The site has a live table that shows each algorithms current estimate, 24 hr estimate and 24 hr actual amount. As the pool is now public those values are going to factor in higher hashrates and larger reward blocks.

Out of the entire time I have been using multipools I have found it to be more profitable for effort spent on the machine. Not to mention, it is very easy for the user to change over to LTC or any other coin they want on an exchange and realize that is a higher number of LTC than mining Litecoin on a Litecoin only pool. Hope that helps you out Ben.

mojoo98

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:45:20 AM

I want to be cautious of giving numbers to prevent false expectations, but at the time of this writing, the estimate is ~2.43 mBTC/GH/Day. So for an L3+ being around 504 MH/s default lets say ~1.22 mBTC/day or $20.7 at a BTC exchange rate of $16,970. Today was a +12.3% increase in BTC valuation so far, so those numbers may be a bit of a rough estimate assuming those exchange rates are subject to change for each individual coin being quoted at time of mining to their BTC value. The site has a live table that shows each algorithms current estimate, 24 hr estimate and 24 hr actual amount. As the pool is now public those values are going to factor in higher hashrates and larger reward blocks.

Out of the entire time I have been using multipools I have found it to be more profitable for effort spent on the machine. Not to mention, it is very easy for the user to change over to LTC or any other coin they want on an exchange and realize that is a higher number of LTC than mining Litecoin on a Litecoin only pool. Hope that helps you out Ben.

can you just delete sexcoin from the pool it won't make a big difference as well it will attract people not willing mine such coin ?
GigaRho

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:59:54 AM

can you just delete sexcoin from the pool it won't make a big difference as well it will attract people not willing mine such coin ?

I also responded to your PM on this matter, but for clarification here I'd like to say that our profit-switching mechanism attempts to search profitable coins that are appropriate for our pool's hashrate and the current price exchange rate. In the broader picture essentially a user is "mining" towards their payout coin such as Bitcoin. We keep a decent portfolio of coin options to ensure that our miners don't necessarily only receive one lucky day of returns but try to spread it out throughout the week by having coins that are rising while others fall. I'm sorry to hear that "Sexcoin" offends you, but I do not take responsibility for the naming conventions employed by the coin's creators. Also I do not employ favoritism towards any specific coin, project or foundation.
kenji

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:36:50 AM

Do we think Bitmain will be releasing another March batch? I just missed it by a few days which sucks.
litmus

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:04:09 AM

The L3+ is available again, but only for payment with BCH - got trapped in that as I have no BCH and didn't notice they only accept BCH this time.
Bah!

Trapped? Maybe only emotionally, looking at your expired order dwelling on what could have been Smiley They certainly aren't very conducive for spontaneous sales with their ridiculous payment policy. The money wiring fiasco wasn't fun either, but it was nice to have the option. Bitmain has "single handedly" forced quite a few of us into using BCH, at least momentarily.
BenRickert

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:08:35 PM

LOL!!!! WTF? Are you a Priest? You gotta be kidding me! If it helps, I promise you can't catch VD from mining Crypto. LMAO!!

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
mojoo98

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:11:43 PM

LOL!!!! WTF? Are you a Priest? You gotta be kidding me! If it helps, I promise you can't catch VD from mining Crypto. LMAO!!
hhhhhhhhhh this high standards than yours lol
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: