Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:58:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:56:51 AM

L3+ is coming to the doorstop Era  Grin Grin Grin

I've had mine for around 8 months and it took me a little over 2 months to get my money back.

Grin

How is that possible?

he had it 8 months ago when difficulty was much much lower....I also got my L3+'s last summer...thus no issue on ROI then Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meteorite777

Activity: 68
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:22:44 AM

I need some advice,

I was going to order some L3+'s when they were between $450-505 but now they have have increased to $652 and likely higher I am starting to look at S9's again as an alternative before Bitmain raise the prices again on next batch. I could also consider Baikal X10 or Dragonmints but they are significantly higher priced.

What would you guys do or recommend given current market conditions and pricing? I am looking to double up the size of my farm and so timing of equipment purchases are vital; I was hoping to take advantage of the L3+ fire sale but couldn't get my power upgrade approved in time to comfortably order a lot of them. I guess with the increase in LTC price the profit ratio stays about the same; Bitmain sees to that. It just hurts to pay about 50% per unit from what I could have a week ago and the concern of an L5 release. Should I bite the bullet or look for a different ASIC? I also could wait a few months and hope to score new Nvidia GPUs but that's very speculative.

PS: I wonder if $350 coupons apply to L3++ again with the raised prices; that could change things, its not quite half value though. Anyone confirm?
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:31:55 AM

I need some advice,

I was going to order some L3+'s when they were between $450-505 but now they have have increased to $652 and likely higher I am starting to look at S9's again as an alternative before Bitmain raise the prices again on next batch. I could also consider Baikal X10 or Dragonmints but they are significantly higher priced.

What would you guys do or recommend given current market conditions and pricing? I am looking to double up the size of my farm and so timing of equipment purchases are vital; I was hoping to take advantage of the L3+ fire sale but couldn't get my power upgrade approved in time to comfortably order a lot of them. I guess with the increase in LTC price the profit ratio stays about the same; Bitmain sees to that. It just hurts to pay about 50% per unit from what I could have a week ago and the concern of an L5 release. Should I bite the bullet or look for a different ASIC? I also could wait a few months and hope to score new Nvidia GPUs but that's very speculative.

PS: I wonder if $350 coupons apply to L3++ again with the raised prices; that could change things, its not quite half value though. Anyone confirm?

I suggest buy slowly over time as miner prices are very volatile these days. The avalons dragonmints and S9 can probably get cheaper as the asic war intensifies.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:49:27 PM

I need some advice,

Don't worry. The market is being flooded with this legacy technology. Within 3 months you will buy L3+ at $300.00 and S9's at $600.00. They will make $1.50 per day once the new machines launch. Unless you have sub .055 kwh rates you should NOT be falling into this trap. Don't listen to me though. I'm the ONLY guy on these forums that said S9's would sell for $1,200.00 when people were paying $4,500.00. Jump in...the water's fine.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:23:02 PM

Any news on L5?
Sher

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:17:49 PM

Any news on L5?

i think we might see a bitcoin miner before a litecoin miner. with the constant changes to prices and stocks by bitmain I feel we are very close to a new release
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:23:53 PM

Any news on L5?

i think we might see a bitcoin miner before a litecoin miner. with the constant changes to prices and stocks by bitmain I feel we are very close to a new release

You won't see anything new until all the old shit is sold off

fabfab82

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

Or search for latest blissz firmware.
Easy overclocking and lower power usage.

I am at 570mhz and still 800watt

Can you tell me your frequenzy as well as voltage?

I tried to tweak around but it did not make a lot of change to it. My one miner is running again (bitmains firmware suddenly stoped working and a re-flash did nothing)

Bu I get 900W or so at the same Mh output

My frequency  is 438 and 7 volt.
I do get hw errors, but it is 1 in 5 min.
Bitmain told that it is allowed to have 1 per minute.
So it should be fine.
fabfab82

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:46:55 PM

I also saw prices are increasing.
All miners exept the S9. Theire prices are still the same
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:57:29 AM

That mean some sleeping miner come alive so although the price is up but there are more mouth to feed

BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:15:10 PM

That mean some sleeping miner come alive so although the price is up but there are more mouth to feed
Because there are so many S9's being plugged in across the world that the price appreciation in BTC and BCH have barely moved profits. Sign of the times. Just wait....there are many many more S9's coming online from the "corporate miners". The bodies of small and medium miners will soon be stinking up the landscape. The irony is palpable. The greatest decentralized protocol is being destroyed by hierarchical corporate greed and scum. Same flies.....different shit.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
WinMar

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:06:14 PM

Anybody know how much longer Bitmain will be selling the L3+. It seems at some point these miners will be worthless if they coninue to sell them for too long. There needs to be a limit.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:25:17 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Anybody know how much longer Bitmain will be selling the L3+. It seems at some point these miners will be worthless if they coninue to sell them for too long. There needs to be a limit.

Bitmain knows no limit on selling hardware (ie toasters) ...as an example I give you the D3 x11 miner they still have for sale for $311 usd.

If you got one of those from the below calculator (the specs say 970 watts actual watts on my pair was 1200 watts FYI)

so using their 'dubious' 970 watts at 12c kwh and 17gh hash rate from their specs page

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180413233339727zU4TasAy06DF

this DASH calculator  https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=140&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

Gives me this below:

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=17&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=970&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

-$2.79 per day and $83.67 per month LOSS

So yeah, being evil and all, they really can just pump them out as useless bricks to the uniformed...

on a 'side note' of evilness by Bitmain...the adoption of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) seems SO lame ..that they have to burn some (see below)

https://www.ccn.com/bitmain-will-burn-12-of-bitcoin-cash-tx-fees-calls-on-other-miners-to-follow-suit/

From what I can tell that is one way to get around 'not enough adoption' of BCH!

(evil: busy, busy) (tm: Bitmain)

So to stay on point for this post and thread...YES, THEY REALLY CAN JUST SELL L3+'S TILL WAY PAST ANY POSSIBILITY OF ROI.....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:17:48 AM

Bitmain knows no limit on selling hardware (ie toasters) ...as an example I give you the D3 x11 miner they still have for sale for $311 usd.

If you got one of those from the below calculator (the specs say 970 watts actual watts on my pair was 1200 watts FYI)

so using their 'dubious' 970 watts at 12c kwh and 17gh hash rate from their specs page

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180413233339727zU4TasAy06DF

this DASH calculator  https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=140&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

Gives me this below:

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=17&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=970&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

-$2.79 per day and $83.67 per month LOSS

So yeah, being evil and all, they really can just pump them out as useless bricks to the uniformed...

on a 'side note' of evilness by Bitmain...the adoption of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) seems SO lame ..that they have to burn some (see below)

https://www.ccn.com/bitmain-will-burn-12-of-bitcoin-cash-tx-fees-calls-on-other-miners-to-follow-suit/

From what I can tell that is one way to get around 'not enough adoption' of BCH!

(evil: busy, busy) (tm: Bitmain)

So to stay on point for this post and thread...YES, THEY REALLY CAN JUST SELL L3+'S TILL WAY PAST ANY POSSIBILITY OF ROI.....

They can build a bitmain tower in China using D3 bricks ...they have so many
rs1x

Activity: 284
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:27:35 PM

Replying to this thread so that I am subscribed to it.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:44:57 AM

Because there are so many S9's being plugged in across the world that the price appreciation in BTC and BCH have barely moved profits. Sign of the times. Just wait....there are many many more S9's coming online from the "corporate miners". The bodies of small and medium miners will soon be stinking up the landscape. The irony is palpable. The greatest decentralized protocol is being destroyed by hierarchical corporate greed and scum. Same flies.....different shit.

Corporates coming in is fine. The problem is if it gets controlled by a handful of corporates. This would mean the prospect of a 51% attack is real. Bloomberg made a story about this also. The problem is that if news that it has occurred and mining is centralized among a few players, that means a 51% attack is possible and just the news could crash bitcoin. Problem is we are all hodlers...

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:14:59 AM

Corporates coming in is fine. The problem is if it gets controlled by a handful of corporates. This would mean the prospect of a 51% attack is real. Bloomberg made a story about this also. The problem is that if news that it has occurred and mining is centralized among a few players, that means a 51% attack is possible and just the news could crash bitcoin. Problem is we are all hodlers...

I wouldn't worry so much about corporates. They are pretty incompetent and unknowledgeable when it comes to crypto blockchains. Remember that Kodak tried to offer their own bitcoin mining ASICs which were simply a rebranding of bitmain ASICs? Until crypto matures and blockchain developers become a regular job, corporations probably won't have any real technical capability to harm the current ecosystem we have.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 04:44:20 AM

..<snip>
Remember that Kodak tried to offer their own bitcoin mining ASICs which were simply a rebranding of bitmain ASICs?

Wrong. Kodak rebranded WhatsMiner M3 miners as their own 'Kodak KashMiner' miners.

Sandal_Hat

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:09:11 AM

I wouldn't worry so much about corporates. They are pretty incompetent and unknowledgeable when it comes to crypto blockchains. Remember that Kodak tried to offer their own bitcoin mining ASICs which were simply a rebranding of bitmain ASICs? Until crypto matures and blockchain developers become a regular job, corporations probably won't have any real technical capability to harm the current ecosystem we have.

Yeah that kodak proposition was crappy and shady.
What i mean is if the top few big miners control more than 51% of mining capacity and news appears in news articles about it --> Bitcoin can crash just basis the news. No attack has to occur yet. There are alot of banks who especially dont like crypto and will not make good comments about it.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:17:59 PM

L3+ is coming to the doorstop Era  Grin Grin Grin

I've had mine for around 8 months and it took me a little over 2 months to get my money back.

Grin

How is that possible?

he had it 8 months ago when difficulty was much much lower....I also got my L3+'s last summer...thus no issue on ROI then Smiley

There was a 10 day period in December when Litecoin total network hashrate (and the resulting difficulty increases) nearly DOUBLED.
I've still not seen a good explanation for that - there is almost NO hashrate in anything else Scrypt (ignore the "merge mined" coins like DOGE as their hashrate IS the Litecoin hashrate for the most part).
The price went crazy shortly after that, or that jump ALONE would have killed profitability on anything older than the L3/A4 generation even at super-low electric cost.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: