Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:24:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinion about Dash  (Read 1856 times)
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:00:53 AM

Ok then, instamine is the correct term then I guess...

I deem 27% of total coinsupply in 48 hours totally unacceptable... Dash should've been relaunched... Fact that masternodes reap 45% of total mining rewards makes it so much worse. This coin mimicks a decentralised cryptocurrency, but really is just another centralised PayPal... Then why not just use PayPal/fiat?

nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 11:10:25 AM

Anyone who is using the term premine with Dash clearly does not know the meaning of the word
premine and therefore should really look up the definition of that word. They make themself look
like a fool using that word.

You can use coinmarketcap to see which cryptocurrencies are premined, you will not find Dash
classified as premined there as it never was premined.

You are right qwizzie, but people consider it as a premine because it was instamined. It is logical because you can either send x amount on y height (premine) or set the mining diff very low on x amount of blocks, which is instamine, so in the end the result is totally the same, a huge amount of coins at the disposal of the developer.

But people should know that even bitcoin have a shaddy 1 million address, all the cryptos have this, at least for testing purposes.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:14:44 AM

The only question that matter....
Is it a premine/instamine well marketed scam by people who's main goal is to sell fairy dust to greater fools?

The answer..... "Yes"

I'm not here to discuss whether it's a scamcoin or not. I'm here to get my research going. I hope people who care about the coin or the community can help me with it.

You want people's opinion but don't want to discuss if it is a scam coin or not

You appear to already have a bias just by that statement. Kinda pointless if you are only going to listen to people who would rather not discuss if dash is or is not a legitimate coin.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:07:29 PM

Anyone who is using the term premine with Dash clearly does not know the meaning of the word
premine and therefore should really look up the definition of that word. They make themself look

You can use coinmarketcap to see which cryptocurrencies are premined, you will not find Dash

You are right qwizzie, but people consider it as a premine because it was instamined. It is logical because you can either send x amount on y height (premine) or set the mining diff very low on x amount of blocks, which is instamine, so in the end the result is totally the same, a huge amount of coins at the disposal of the developer.

But people should know that even bitcoin have a shaddy 1 million address, all the cryptos have this, at least for testing purposes.

this are the kind of arguments the dashtards like qwizzie-bot are left with.. arguing that their coin was scam instamined instead of premined

by the way, bitcoin never changed its emission. it took over 1 year to mine that much BTC when it had zero value.. meanwhile dash scammer devs instamined 1.5 million coins in 8 hours. so please don't compare dash scam with Bitcoin Roll Eyes
Abdiovich (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

The only question that matter....
Is it a premine/instamine well marketed scam by people who's main goal is to sell fairy dust to greater fools?

The answer..... "Yes"

I'm not here to discuss whether it's a scamcoin or not. I'm here to get my research going. I hope people who care about the coin or the community can help me with it.

You want people's opinion but don't want to discuss if it is a scam coin or not

You appear to already have a bias just by that statement. Kinda pointless if you are only going to listen to people who would rather not discuss if dash is or is not a legitimate coin.

I'm just a student who does research on different platforms running the Blockchain. The 3 examples I'm researching are Ethereum, Dash and BitShares. This could be any other crypto actually, it doesn't matter for me. I got the job to research these 3 coins. The questions I ask doesn't have anything to do with the premined or instamined coins or whatever you call it. You can have your opinion in the last question of my survey where you can say your vision about it. I'm sorry if you got me wrong. I'm open for any sort of discussion! Smiley
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:08:58 PM

Well, however you put it the developers did mine 27% of the coin instantly (basically a partial premine).

That said however, I think that DASH is a legitimate crypto and the developers of a crypto can premine if they choose to do so.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Instamined

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:19:35 PM

It was instamined / flashmined. 27% within 48 hours of release. Yes, not a premine, but still a scam nonetheless.

Evan Duffield should be in prison.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:45:03 AM

This seems an issue of semantics more than anything but even if the term is incorrectly used it does not change the reality that a significant amount of coins were mined in a very small amount of time the terminology does not change that.
KuriousCate24

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

I'm Not Pretty Enough !!!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:26:42 AM

Wasn't it instamined by the developers before they added Dark Gravity Wave retargeting ?

Flowers Are Like Humans...
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:55:20 AM

This seems an issue of semantics more than anything but even if the term is incorrectly used it does not change the reality that a significant amount of coins were mined in a very small amount of time the terminology does not change that.

qwizzie is correct; anyone using the word "premine" to describe this is a fool. It was clearly not a premine. A premine is the act of an honest person. To premine is to say "this is what I have done and if you do not like it then go elsewhere".

The actions of Mr Duffield are obviously contrary to this....
LivingDeath

Activity: 443

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:57:27 PM

Premined or not premined who cares? What counts at the end of the day is the price and the future of this coin. At the moment its a little overpriced but in the long run it will stay as acurrency. and when bitcoin rises it will take dash up with it like the other old and established alts.
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 01:09:45 PM

Premined or not premined who cares? What counts at the end of the day is the price and the future of this coin. At the moment its a little overpriced but in the long run it will stay as acurrency. and when bitcoin rises it will take dash up with it like the other old and established alts.

You are right about the primed or not premined, it doesn't matter, especially when it is not a premine.
I just wonder why suddently everyone is interested in dash's instamine, it is like "bitcoin unlimited, what means assert 0" it is a totally irrelevant question. As i aleready said, a premine is used by the developers to check how the coin is working.
The real question is, why haven't they reset the blockchain ? why keeping the instamined coins ? If the coin have been premined to prevent abuses from miners they would have burned the coins. If it was because of the marketing, it is the same, burning the coins would have solved the problem a long time ago. Also is it possible to keep track of them ? have they been mined to the same address ? is there a way to know what they are doing with them ?

These are the most important questions, not premined or instamined because you can't revert this, but at least, you can monitor it !
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:40:11 PM

Exactly, this is the benefit of decentralized currency/software. No matter what the developer’s ethics are it is, in a sense, run by the community itself.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: