Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:52:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ?  (Read 51203 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:45:08 AM

We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
Since we always said here that bitcoin is an open sources to anyone, it is also open for legal and illegal purposes but this will be depend on the
individuals to their own reason of how to use it. but I am hoping and wishing that majority of the bitcoin users will not abuse the usge of bitcoin.
Lol I think you can not forbid users to do anything with bitcoins. This is the dream of many people, they get their privacy and secrecy to make transactions. And whatever their purpose of using bitcoin, it is not wrong.. because that is the goal of decentralization and anonymity of bitcoin, for freedom
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:00:03 PM

We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?

The fact that Bitcoin is a database and not anonymous, can help to fight corruption, because anyone can find out the transactions.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:52:19 PM

In my own opinion bitcoin can lead to corruption if the government are the one's who owns bitcoin and control bitcoin. But as of now, i know there are no kind of events here that there such people who corrupts bitcoin and take it away. And that is good to see that there are no such people who are planning to corrupt bitcoin.
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:17:22 PM

You've said it yourself, "Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them." and bitcoins are money. Of course it can lead to corruption.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:24:47 PM

Bitcoin already has lead to corruption if you didn't know. Even though not a lot of people know or use bitcoin, there are people who do corrupt things and I don't think that everyone involved in corruption can be stopped from doing even more . It's just seems a good and  easy way to earn money for them so why not go for it?

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:57:33 PM

Well ... Yes.

It is also used by cybercriminal, normal criminals, organizde crime and why not corruption.
But fiat is used for this too.

I believe BTC can be a global currency and it is much better than fiat, but this has nothing to do with the criminals using it.

And just a thinkabout you can kill someone with an axe but you could also have chopped a tree with it (always depends on the people).

[could be your ad]
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:13:43 PM

I think not because every transaction has the appropriate fee and each account always has its own key only the owner of the account to know. Therefore, corruption can not occur when transactions are saved and reconciled with customers
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:37:11 AM

Corruption has been in existence even before bitcoin has been introduced.Bitcoin has nothing to do with increase in corruption.Even if some people use bitcoins to give money to corrupted people,it could be easily traced since bitcoin is pseudo anonymous and all the transactions are registered in a public ledger.So instead,they may find it easy to use coins like monero or zcash for such purposes since they are pseudo anonymous.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:56:16 PM

Bitcoin may cause corruption, if someone who has a greedy nature and wants to pursue the world's treasures alone.
So I think corruption can happen if the user is greedy.
If not greedy certainly there is no word corruption for bitcoin.
imbahero

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:12:18 PM

Yes. Not now, but in the near future. I wouldn't mention Bitcoin only but other altcoin is also possible.
ermaxinc

Activity: 369
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:27:32 PM

No matter how much corruption invests, if the government begins to take action by freezing bitcoin exchange in that country and intimidating transaction access to the suspect's bank account.   Undecided
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:32:23 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Can you help me understand more about this issue?
I feel it is a little confusing

In what part you are confuse at? You should be clear and precise on what part of this issue you are having some difficulties of understanding or joining the discussion. So if you will have sometime to learn bitcoin's history, it has been used by people who are hiding their transactions and identities and it's very possible that it can be used for corruption.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:36:55 PM

This topic open my mind into possibilities. Have never thought about it but your right.
There is much more higher possibilities that this system can be poisoned by corruption.
Bitcoin as an anonymous transaction can give headache to this kind of criminal activities.
Can't elaborate more, for it is scary even just to think about it.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2814
Merit: 766

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:43:42 PM

This topic open my mind into possibilities. Have never thought about it but your right.
There is much more higher possibilities that this system can be poisoned by corruption.
Bitcoin as an anonymous transaction can give headache to this kind of criminal activities.
Can't elaborate more, for it is scary even just to think about it.
Yes its scary but its the reality and we cant do anything about it since bitcoin is anonymous and there would really be people who would really use it to hide the money that they do corrupt on other people money which is really a possible thing to do and would really be hardly to be traced. Bitcoin is also being used on making illegal transactions which we would really normally say that corruption would not be an exclusion on that one.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:54:56 PM

Since we always said here that bitcoin is an open sources to anyone, it is also open for legal and illegal purposes but this will be depend on the
individuals to their own reason of how to use it. but I am hoping and wishing that majority of the bitcoin users will not abuse the usge of bitcoin.

I don't think bitcoiners can lead to corruptions thats how i wish cause every users have their different strategy of keeping their savings safe.

Of course bitcoiners can't lead to corruption.
The bitcoiners will be the ones doing the corruption.

Bitcoin is money, money will lead to corruption, bitcoin users are humans, corruption is in human nature ....
It's so obvious it;s nothing special.
Bitcoin, gold, diamonds,wheat euros or dollars.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
speem28 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:11:02 PM

It is possible that someone is doing corruption with a digital currency such as bitcoin. You can corrupt and save money into bitcoins. No one knows that you are the owner of the money. Because the bitcoin is anonymous. I think a great way to get rid of your financial records is by turning them into bitcoins. Maybe if the corruptors know it they will save their money on bitcoin.
Recently there was a big news about the arrest of the BTC-e operator Alex Vinnik and the case is about the money laundering based on this link https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-government-seizes-russian-bitcoin-exchange-btc-e-domain.
That clearly says that bicoin was use for corruption like any other currency, but the thing is we are wrong on what we believe that it's anonymous because this shows a good example that you can be trace if you do illegal activities.
Well, that's a major upset for bitcoin, thinking that bitcoin's anonymity is just a sham. I know that bitcoin is pseudo- anonymous so by that I know that it is not 100% anonymous and can still be tracked in some way. I guess knowing that arrest with Alex might trigger more awareness and make corruptors more careful than ever. They will be smarter on how to hide their laundered money and keep on taking the advantage of bitcoin for themselves.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:08:20 PM

Yes they also lead to corruptions.Fraud it like Corruption. And already happening now scam investment is a corruptions they hold our btc and promise they give back interest daily for ever investment then after a years or if the company get a trust for all peoples and get some billions of investment then they plan for a escape.  Like there are some hacking story that they lose money and cannot back. 
Bingooop

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:15:57 PM

I think there are a lot of definitions of the word corruption in the dictionary and I think, Bitcoin can lead to corruption based from the definition that I know. Corruption for me, is when people use something but that something is not for that people but for other purpose or other people, though in bitcoin it can be called on another word. For example, I am running a signature campaign, lets say it is A signature campaign. My campaign manager is X and been my partner for 6 years. I trusted him so much, that I put the whole 10 bitcoins to the address of the campaign. After that I didn't hear about him or what happened to my bitcoins, as far as I know, he run off with my bitcoins, and used it not the way it will be used.

You can just simplify it by saying, to exploit people and or do that is immoral. 

Definitely  anything that can bring power or trigger greed can corrupt people.  Bitcoin like money is no exemption.  Bitcoin can give people power, financial capability, and fame.  If a person cannot get enough of these with Bitcoins then he can turn into a corrupt person exploiting everything he can to get more of what Bitcoin offers.

In my opinion maybe it can open way to corruption but if any user is very alert and progressive then no-one can cheat him so it's like 50-50 chance of corruption to spread it's leg via bitcoins
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:20:31 PM

In my opinion maybe it can open way to corruption but if any user is very alert and progressive then no-one can cheat him so it's like 50-50 chance of corruption to spread it's leg via bitcoins

You  know what corruption is?
It is not like cold that can be wiped out with vitamic c and it's not spreading around like wet paint so you can avoid it when sitting on a bench.

It has nothing to do with cheating users, corruption is about somebody getting an advantage by cheating the laws.
You can't avoid corruption.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:43:53 PM

It can't lead the corruption countries which have already problem with corruption will use that payment system to make it easier but in countries where laws and police are working to make corruption less posible it would be really easy prove that corruption happend and it can take liability from people who made ilegal action

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: