Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ?  (Read 51203 times)
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:01:12 PM

It can't lead the corruption countries which have already problem with corruption will use that payment system to make it easier but in countries where laws and police are working to make corruption less posible it would be really easy prove that corruption happend and it can take liability from people who made ilegal action
It seems to me that our happiness is that officials have not switched to crypto currency to get bribes in Bitcoin. And one more aspect, then we all pray, and it is connected with the legalization of the crypto currency. If the crypto currency is not legalized, then all the money that corrupt officials have stolen in the country, they are transferred to Bitcoin and thus will hide them from law enforcement agencies and from people.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:19:48 PM

It is known that money is the roof of all evil.  Money is used to corruption, as well as using bitcoin. The latter can also lead to corruption if it is misused. As a matter of fact, bitcoin was used to buy weapons, drugs, and so on. It was within the dark web. Only hackers knew about bitcoin. That's why, it should be within good hands.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:32:52 PM

It is known that money is the roof of all evil.  Money is used to corruption, as well as using bitcoin. The latter can also lead to corruption if it is misused. As a matter of fact, bitcoin was used to buy weapons, drugs, and so on. It was within the dark web. Only hackers knew about bitcoin. That's why, it should be within good hands.

But we cant expect everyone to used bitcoin for a good things, we cant control this things, and money also being used to buy drugs, weapons and all illegal things, money is also used for corruption, so I dont think bitcoin causing more corruption, anything that is valuable is able to be used as the token for corruption
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:53:24 PM

It can't lead the corruption countries which have already problem with corruption will use that payment system to make it easier but in countries where laws and police are working to make corruption less posible it would be really easy prove that corruption happend and it can take liability from people who made ilegal action
I think every country has a corruption problem in their country and all governments are trying to reduce corruption in their country but bitcoin comes by offering anonymous transactions. I think seeing some governments take policy to ban bitcoin, I think it proves that bitcoin helps corruption
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:02:54 AM

I think that bitcoin is just a virtual currency but it could happen that bitcoin causes corruption.
While the existence of corruptors is now more and more, as in government corruption is increasingly rampant.
 Because of money, many people are willing to do anything, until the public money he eats. It hurts a lot of people, and only individual benefits.

joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:27:33 PM

We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
I agreed, corruption is for those people who are greed in money. And however, since bitcoin is money where it can be convert according to the country you belong it can really be use for evil things like corruptions, got it?
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:46:35 AM

It is not leading to corruption , but it is a very effective tool for it since money washing/buying illegal goods is very commun and easy with BTC
speem28 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:11:43 AM

I think there are a lot of definitions of the word corruption in the dictionary and I think, Bitcoin can lead to corruption based from the definition that I know. Corruption for me, is when people use something but that something is not for that people but for other purpose or other people, though in bitcoin it can be called on another word. For example, I am running a signature campaign, lets say it is A signature campaign. My campaign manager is X and been my partner for 6 years. I trusted him so much, that I put the whole 10 bitcoins to the address of the campaign. After that I didn't hear about him or what happened to my bitcoins, as far as I know, he run off with my bitcoins, and used it not the way it will be used.

You can just simplify it by saying, to exploit people and or do that is immoral. 

Definitely  anything that can bring power or trigger greed can corrupt people.  Bitcoin like money is no exemption.  Bitcoin can give people power, financial capability, and fame.  If a person cannot get enough of these with Bitcoins then he can turn into a corrupt person exploiting everything he can to get more of what Bitcoin offers.

In my opinion maybe it can open way to corruption but if any user is very alert and progressive then no-one can cheat him so it's like 50-50 chance of corruption to spread it's leg via bitcoins
Nah! the very users are also the person that uses bitcoin to hide their laundered money, in short, corruption. I'm not saying all bitcoin users are corruptors but some of us are. So those people are taking advantage of the great features of bitcoin to hide their corrupted money in the public because it is hard to trace transactions in bitcoin.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:17:10 AM

I think there are a lot of definitions of the word corruption in the dictionary and I think, Bitcoin can lead to corruption based from the definition that I know. Corruption for me, is when people use something but that something is not for that people but for other purpose or other people, though in bitcoin it can be called on another word. For example, I am running a signature campaign, lets say it is A signature campaign. My campaign manager is X and been my partner for 6 years. I trusted him so much, that I put the whole 10 bitcoins to the address of the campaign. After that I didn't hear about him or what happened to my bitcoins, as far as I know, he run off with my bitcoins, and used it not the way it will be used.

You can just simplify it by saying, to exploit people and or do that is immoral. 

Definitely  anything that can bring power or trigger greed can corrupt people.  Bitcoin like money is no exemption.  Bitcoin can give people power, financial capability, and fame.  If a person cannot get enough of these with Bitcoins then he can turn into a corrupt person exploiting everything he can to get more of what Bitcoin offers.

In my opinion maybe it can open way to corruption but if any user is very alert and progressive then no-one can cheat him so it's like 50-50 chance of corruption to spread it's leg via bitcoins
Nah! the very users are also the person that uses bitcoin to hide their laundered money, in short, corruption. I'm not saying all bitcoin users are corruptors but some of us are. So those people are taking advantage of the great features of bitcoin to hide their corrupted money in the public because it is hard to trace transactions in bitcoin.
They would really normally use this feature on securing up their corrupted money which we cant do anything since bitcoin can be used by anyone and would really take advantage on it.Yes some of us would really use that thing for bad things but not all but we cant escape the reality that it can be used on such particular thing. You can hide funds without being traced by anyone.

stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:37:06 AM

I think that bitcoin is just a virtual currency but it could happen that bitcoin causes corruption.
While the existence of corruptors is now more and more, as in government corruption is increasingly rampant.
 Because of money, many people are willing to do anything, until the public money he eats. It hurts a lot of people, and only individual benefits.
Even without the usage of the bitcoins, world is facing high level corruption. Corruption has to do nothing with bitcoins. Just like fiat, it is a currency which is used to pay for things whatever you purchase. But the interesting thing is that people are using them as a mode of investment.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:31:49 AM

Almost all countries are now fighting corruption, they want a clean government free from corruption, because corruption can harm small communities.
We must be together to eradicate the greedy corruptors who consume public money.
Because in my opinion, bitcoin can also be considered money and can lead to corruption.

ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:48:44 AM

Yes it is possible that bitcoin can also lead to corruption specially now that the value is getting higher if government will have the control over bitcoin it is really possible for them to do bad things just to get bitcoins.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:31:24 AM

Bitcoin is just money. Money is not the source of corruption, but greed and lack of moral standards is. Therefore BTC is not leading to corruption in the first place.
That's right! it is only in the mind of the users of how He/she gonna use whether it is for good or bad purposes. But of course, most bitcoin users are not abuser just for the sake to earn big profit even it is evil things. However, we must not abuse the usage of bitcoin.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:04:54 AM

Yes it can, because all the transactions of bitcoin are anonymous and the corrupt people needs such type of platform to save their black money and to transfer them anywhere without taxes and without government consideration. Everything can be use either in positive of negative way, this is the negative use of bitcoin to do corruption.
Correct, But we do nothing about it because bitcoin is an open source to anyone. Only the bad things is there are bad people out there who are greed and once they found out this bitcoin, for sure they will take advantage of it to use it for evil things or illegal activities.
JofryTheKing

Activity: 518

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:59:41 AM

Yes, I think bitcoin has long been used in corruption because of its anonymity and rapid growth. Unfortunately, corruption will exist with any currency until humankind eradicates its greed.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

Yes, I think bitcoin has long been used in corruption because of its anonymity and rapid growth. Unfortunately, corruption will exist with any currency until humankind eradicates its greed.
Yes, bitcoin can lead to corruption because of the anonymity because the corrupt people can use bitcoin as a payment gateway which they can transfer money whether it is a good or bad money easily because they can't be track down by the people who want to detect them and that is also why bitcoin anonymity is also a disadvantage sometimes.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:23:37 AM

Yes, bitcoin can lead to corruption because of the anonymity because the corrupt people can use bitcoin as a payment gateway which they can transfer money whether it is a good or bad money easily because they can't be track down by the people who want to detect them and that is also why bitcoin anonymity is also a disadvantage sometimes.
If people can do corruption using fiat then how much more on bitcoin, I am pretty sure they are making it already and that is
good for the market as it will increase the demand of bitcoin. It's the government's responsibility to ensure they will stop this people
to do illegal activities as they have the power to regulate us and comply on their rules. Now, it's just individual's decision on how to spend his bitcoin.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:27:53 AM

I have not heard more examples of corruption with the use of bitcoin. It will be difficult to do as most people don't know what it is and don't have the necessary amount of bitcoins. Besides, any action on the Internet are easier to track than Fiat.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Higher Altitude

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:43:03 AM

When I read this article

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/islamic-state-used-ebay-to-funnel-cash-into-us-fbi-says-2017-08-10

I thought about how when ISIS and other terror organizations discover Bitcoin there really is zero protection against money transfer into other countries. They could sell their stolen oil, transfer the money into Bitcoin in their country, send the private keys to their "friend" in another country who can then convert the money to fiat. Or am I missing something? In fact it makes their scum life a whole lot easier!
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:49:21 AM

Even before the days of bitcoin's existence corruption was there in the world. Based on the real fact corruption is a cause that's been serving as a major issue around the country during the growth. In reality bitcoin also a way used for corruption with ease, but it's not the one that make way to corruption.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: