Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:04:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 437 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Minereum - First Self Mining Smart Contract  (Read 438027 times)
Finalshot23

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:22:22 PM

I have been holding MNE for about a month now....the price was around $2 when I bought in.  I am not here to FUD because I have an interest in seeing the token's success.

My question is:  what is the point of the WorldApp?  I asked this a week ago and nobody answered me.  I have read the whitepaper/roadmap etc and it says basically the point is to increase awareness and collect MNE to use on a card in order to purchase things.

If we cannot get listed on a decent exchange (a seemingly simple process), how are we going to convince retailers to accept MNE as a form of payment?  We are all anxiously waiting for a glorified game of PokemonGO/MinereumGO??  Someone please help me understand how this has any value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gliferas

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:43:05 PM

I have been holding MNE for about a month now....the price was around $2 when I bought in.  I am not here to FUD because I have an interest in seeing the token's success.

My question is:  what is the point of the WorldApp?  I asked this a week ago and nobody answered me.  I have read the whitepaper/roadmap etc and it says basically the point is to increase awareness and collect MNE to use on a card in order to purchase things.

If we cannot get listed on a decent exchange (a seemingly simple process), how are we going to convince retailers to accept MNE as a form of payment?  We are all anxiously waiting for a glorified game of PokemonGO/MinereumGO??  Someone please help me understand how this has any value.

"If we cannot get listed on a decent exchange (a seemingly simple process)...", wrong.

Its not in the power of the dev to list the coin on exchanges. Lots of exchanges are having issues on their side when listing Ethereum Tokens on their platforms, even Bittrex had issues and delays on listing some coins recently.

"Someone please help me understand how this has any value."

You cannot get there by yourself? Probably you didn't read the World App paper:

"When we look around we believe that there is still a big disconnect between cryptocurrencies
and the common people. Buying a cryptocurrency, exchanging it, or interacting with their
communities is reserved for few, only for those that finally got the motivation to look into the
subject.
Minereum will attempt to change that.
We are starting to conceptualize our new service that will have the primary objective of bringing
as much people as possible to the Crypto World.
To do this we are proposing our Minereum World App."

It's something new, don't know exactly how it will look like but it's a different attempt, which I think makes sense to bring minereum to the masses...

I think it's a very good idea from the dev, hope it works out
Arnaud

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:45:03 PM

Based on the fact the it seems we have generous donators, we can may be raise 3BTC to be add on bittrex...

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:59:38 PM

Based on the fact the it seems we have generous donators, we can may be raise 3BTC to be add on bittrex...

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex

Sure, i would donate a small amount... If everyone can help, we can get on bittrex easy

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Finalshot23

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:01:20 PM

"If we cannot get listed on a decent exchange (a seemingly simple process)...", wrong.

Its not in the power of the dev to list the coin on exchanges. Lots of exchanges are having issues on their side when listing Ethereum Tokens on their platforms, even Bittrex had issues and delays on listing some coins recently.

"When we look around we believe that there is still a big disconnect between cryptocurrencies
and the common people. Buying a cryptocurrency, exchanging it, or interacting with their
communities is reserved for few, only for those that finally got the motivation to look into the
subject.
We are starting to conceptualize our new service that will have the primary objective of bringing

It's something new, don't know exactly how it will look like but it's a different attempt, which I think makes sense to bring minereum to the masses...

You obviously did not read any of my post, as I explained I read the whitepaper and I understand the concept.  I just don't understand the VALUE of the concept.  Sure, bringing awareness to the general, normie population sounds like a great idea.  You know what else sounds like a great idea?  Ending world hunger....no more wars....

You are a very great example of the blind leading the blind.
Gliferas

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:09:46 PM

subject.

You obviously did not read any of my post, as I explained I read the whitepaper and I understand the concept.  I just don't understand the VALUE of the concept.  Sure, bringing awareness to the general, normie population sounds like a great idea.  You know what else sounds like a great idea?  Ending world hunger....no more wars....

I red your post, and is just hidden FUD.

If you don't like it, sell. Someone else will happily get your coins.

Dev is trying something new, it may be a great success or a great fiasco, we have to wait and see.

At least he is trying something
Arnaud

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:27:24 PM

Sure, i would donate a small amount... If everyone can help, we can get on bittrex easy

I Think this initiave will need the support of a dev (based on the bittrex requirement) :

"Enhanced Verified Account of team member on Bittrex - This team member must be either a core developer or a major shareholder (10% or more) of a company that backs the development of the coin.  That member will need to submit identifying documents to get their account enhanced verified." 

nor we can get the approbation of 10% of genesis address holder :p
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:33:03 PM

good buy now.
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:37:51 PM

good buy now.

This is market is ready to get recover nice call to buy now before it get listed on big volume exchange when it will move to the moon. MNE will explode there is no doubt how talented dev team are and what a unique ideas they have.
btcdamnit

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:42:07 PM

i am pretty sure it will
Finalshot23

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:46:27 PM

subject.

Dev is trying something new, it may be a great success or a great fiasco, we have to wait and see.

So let me get this straight.  Rather than have a rational discussion, you would rather scream FUD and get defensive.  You have provided ZERO insight, only regurgitated what others have said.  I award you no points; go back to the hole you crawled out of.

I don't want to sell my coins.  I want to stimulate a discussion highlighting real world uses for this coin.  That is the sort of thing that gets people interested.  When people are interested, people buy.  When people buy, we are all less grumpy.
Tonton99

Activity: 252

What if I sold?

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:51:05 PM

subject.

So let me get this straight.  Rather than have a rational discussion, you would rather scream FUD and get defensive.  You have provided ZERO insight, only regurgitated what others have said.  I award you no points; go back to the hole you crawled out of.

I don't want to sell my coins.  I want to stimulate a discussion highlighting real world uses for this coin.  That is the sort of thing that gets people interested.  When people are interested, people buy.  When people buy, we are all less grumpy.

Same experience here, every time I put something up for a honest discussion no real answer is provided. I asked many times to elaborate more on the idea of bringing crypto to the people disguised as a game but received the same answer in different formulations ' if you don't like it sell your coins'. Real people have real issues and if a blockchain solution can solve some of these issues then you bring something valuable to the people. If you want a game you better go to Polyphony or Nintendo and buy one since this will not solve any issues rather than just having fun for a while until something better comes along. I truly hope the investors are not considering the Worldapp as the holy grail since this will turn to one big disappointment. I do hope that Minereum carry's on to make the token release functionality it's USP, built awareness, celebrate successful implementations and attract new investors. Otherwise it sounds like Ferrari wants to make skateboards as well. Pls stick to the core and make this as successful as possible to get established in this market. Any other route could scare away potential new investors and could put anyones investment in jeopardy.

CryptoMeister
SlotMonster

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:10:21 PM

To be honest, at the moment there is not too much to tell the people about MNE. Listing on new exchange is crucial for future development.
minereum (OP)

Activity: 455
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 09:41:45 PM

Minereum Token Creation Version 1.1 is now released.

Much faster and reliable. Try it out!

http://tokenservice.minereum.com/

Minereum - The First Self Mining Smart Contract

WEBSITE Ξ TWITTER Ξ TELEGRAM Ξ WHITEPAPER Ξ  MINEREUM V2 PLATFORM Ξ  HOWTO TUTORIAL
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:05:24 PM

Excellent Dev, the project is getting better bit by bit, though it will be better with the new exchange, can you tlak with the dev of the exchange to see if progress is beaing made? that would be great, thanks in advance  Grin.
honghaisea

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:14:14 AM

wow. very good ,The development team is getting very fast
Noobquestions

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:21:16 AM

subject.

Same experience here, every time I put something up for a honest discussion no real answer is provided. I asked many times to elaborate more on the idea of bringing crypto to the people disguised as a game but received the same answer in different formulations ' if you don't like it sell your coins'. Real people have real issues and if a blockchain solution can solve some of these issues then you bring something valuable to the people. If you want a game you better go to Polyphony or Nintendo and buy one since this will not solve any issues rather than just having fun for a while until something better comes along. I truly hope the investors are not considering the Worldapp as the holy grail since this will turn to one big disappointment. I do hope that Minereum carry's on to make the token release functionality it's USP, built awareness, celebrate successful implementations and attract new investors. Otherwise it sounds like Ferrari wants to make skateboards as well. Pls stick to the core and make this as successful as possible to get established in this market. Any other route could scare away potential new investors and could put anyones investment in jeopardy.

it has been a circle jerk for a while now.

price prove to be relatively stable over the last big dip and its almost back to its last average. i will follow this through at least until the end of the summer. Theres a lot of things going on in the crypto world and as long as btc and eth are pushing upwards, mne should be fine in regards of its price. (essentially, all coins are still linked to those two)
If theres nothing much new by then, i might as well cash out.

I find it rather sad that any honest questions get bashed down. Like i said, i don't want to be that guy. but i think you can imagine what people think when you try to silence some serious questions.
Mixr dev team

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:31:55 AM

Curious, does using mne to create a token really save time compared to just making it with eth?  At this point even the MNE needed costs more than the required eth.

Additionally if a developer can't code with ethers platform in the situation this is easier,  are we sure we would want them as a developer?

(Serious questions, not intending to troll)
Gilboa

Activity: 317

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 12:44:42 AM

Curious, does using mne to create a token really save time compared to just making it with eth?  At this point even the MNE needed costs more than the required eth.

Additionally if a developer can't code with ethers platform in the situation this is easier,  are we sure we would want them as a developer?

The token creation service doesn't have a price that is set in stone.

It can change in the future to cost more or less.

╓╥███╖                                   
                                  ╥████╝╙████▄                                 
                              ╓████▀         ████▄                             
                          ╥▄████                 ████▄┐                       
                      ╓█████       ┌╗████████        ╨███╥                     
                  ╓╥████╜      ╓╥███▀      ╙████▄╖       ████╥╖               
               ╥████▀       ╓▄███╜              ╙████╖      ╙████╥             
            ╓████        ╓███╝      ╥████████╖      ╙████╖      ╙███           
            ███      ╓███▀      ╥███╜         ████╥      ███╖     ██           
            ███    ╓███     ╓████                ╙███╥    ╘███    ██           
            ███   ▐██     ╥███     ╓╦▄█████▄╥┐      ╙██╕   ███    ██           
            ███   ▐██   ╓███     ╓██╜       ╙██▄     ╘██   ███    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐██    ╒██            ╙██┐    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█    ├█▌              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐█╕     ██╖           ▄██     ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐██┐     ╙██▄╥╖   ╓╥███     ╓███    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌   ▀██▄        ╙█████╜      ╥███     ███    ██           
            ███    ▀██      ████╥╖            ╓███▀     ╥▄██      ██           
            ███      ███╖      ╙█████╖     ╥████     ╓███┘       ╔██           
            ╙███╥╖      ▀███╥╖      ╙███████▀    ╓▄███       ╓╥████╝           
               ╙████╦┐     ╙╨███╥             ╥███╜       ╓████╜               
                    ████╖       ╙███╥     ╓▄██╜       ╓▄████                   
                       ╙███▄╗       ╙██████╙      ╓╦████                       
                            ████╖              ╥████                           
                               ╙████╥      ╥████▀                             
                                    ▀███████╜                                 
                                       ╩▀┘                                     
....OPUS...
Music decentralized
..Beta-ready Blockchain based Music Streaming..
  Website | Demo | Whitepaper | Coinmarketcap | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Facebook 
Try the LIVE Ethereum & IPFS beta
     Join Us ✔ Telegram ✔ Discord
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:27:32 AM

(…)

Additionally if a developer can't code with ethers platform in the situation this is easier,  are we sure we would want them as a developer?

You think of new tokens as kind of currencies, but this is not what Minereum can and should be used for. What it does, is create a token which has no other utility, than to have a name, an address and a number of existing tokens. This doesn't sound like much, so here is a possible use case:

Dave wants to make a crowdfunding for Poker playing cards made of carbon sheet. He is a great designer and knows that they will look kick-ass, but he doesn't have the funds to preproduce, then sell them. So, he makes a crowdfunding. He decides to make a limited edition of 2500 sets.

2500 investors think his playing cards will be great and want to buy some. So, they send Dave money and want to get a set of cool carbon playing cards, once they are made.

Now, Dave has a problem: he somehow has to manage the contact details of 2500 investors.

To keep things easier, he creates 2500 tokens, using Minereum and calls the token "Daves Carbon Playing Cards (DCPC)". Every investor cand send an ETH address and will get a DCPC token in return. Once, the playing cards are ready for shipment, investors can go to Dave and claim their set of playing cards. To prove that they are eligible, they send in their token to an address Dave holds.

Just after the crowdfund is done and Dave is in production, some major Poker blog posts an article: "Dave is about to make some bitchin' carbon playing cards, guys! Sadly, there will only be 2500 sets and they are all sold out…" In a normal crowdfunding, this would be the end of it. At best, investors could wait to get the set, then sell it on Ebay.

With tokens in place, Investors can decide to sell their right to receive a set to someone else, even before the product is done. In the above case, the poker world is suddenly raving; poker forums and message boards fill up with people wanting those cards baaaad and bidding double, no, ten times the original price. Investor Michael thinks, that he doesn't really need a set of playing cards made from carbon. Plus, he has kind of a gambling problem, so having nice Poker cards incoming might not be the best idea. Susan, on the other hand, has seen the crowdfunging campaign too late, but would love to get her hands on a set. So, Michael and Susan make a deal and she buys the token. She also subscribes to Daves mailing list, so that she knows when the playing cards are done.

Once, Dave has all 2500 sets ready to be shipped, he sends out an email, informing everybody in the mailing list, that the sets are ready. Susan wasn't an original investor, but she can still prove her right to get a set by sending her token to Daves address.

Ok, that was wayyy too much text for saying a very simple thing, sorry Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 437 »
  Print  

Jump to: