Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which country backs "Bitcoin" as currency?  (Read 1939 times)
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 01:20:29 AM

As I read from people answered above they stated most of them Japan, Philippines and someone USA. But there are some others too. As I know these are Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Canada, United Kingdom, Estonia, Australia, Switzerland (they accept payment for public services with bitcoin) and somewhere I had read about South Korea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 03:51:33 PM

As far as I know there isn't any Country that notices Bitcoin as a Currency. There is only a village or two that uses Bitcoin and label it as a Currency though i think that they didn't ditch every other Countries Currency just so that they could replace it with Bitcoin. If a Country ditches another Countries Currency I think there would be plenty of upset people because Bitcoin isn't totally mainstream yet.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:26:43 PM

To me,I will say None.
No country backs bitcoins, that is the whole purpose of bitcoin, but there are some countries that recognize bitcoin as a currency like Japan.
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:48:48 PM

As far as I know there isn't any Country that notices Bitcoin as a Currency. There is only a village or two that uses Bitcoin and label it as a Currency though i think that they didn't ditch every other Countries Currency just so that they could replace it with Bitcoin. If a Country ditches another Countries Currency I think there would be plenty of upset people because Bitcoin isn't totally mainstream yet.
i also think so that still there is not a single country who are using bitcoin as their own currency. but still we can expect that in future when the users of bitcoin will increase more and more then the government will start thinking about that.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:07:55 PM

Japan backs bitcoin as it has started accepting bitcoins as a payment officially.

A small micro nation Liberland has announced bitcoin as their national currency.

In nigeria,due to economic crisis,most people have started using bitcoins.Soon its government may adopt bitcoin as currency.

Iran is seriously discussing to recognize bitcoin as a currency to bye pass the US sanctions.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:28:30 PM

Japan backs bitcoin as it has started accepting bitcoins as a payment officially.

A small micro nation Liberland has announced bitcoin as their national currency.

In nigeria,due to economic crisis,most people have started using bitcoins.Soon its government may adopt bitcoin as currency.

Iran is seriously discussing to recognize bitcoin as a currency to bye pass the US sanctions.

After Japan taking major steps to back bitcoin all other country have started to think about bitcoin but in europe some country long back have started to back bitcoins , just i am not able to remember which country, but their is one country for sure and that is from Europe
dadaas

Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:31:34 PM

Japan and Philippines are two major countries that have supported bitcoins and apart from that I think Singapore is a country where bitcoin is very much popular as there are many restaurants and cafes that accepts bitcoins as a mode of payment.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:41:22 PM

Do you mean country = government of the country? No government will back bitcoin as it will take financial control from them. Especially when they want to make money out of thin air, you can't do that with bitcoin.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:47:10 PM

In Japan bitcoin is now a legal method of payment, don't know if also considered a currency.
There are rumors that Russia is considered doing the same as Japan did - to make bitcoin fully legal currency.
Interesting turn, considered they used to hate BTC, then banned it briefly and not they want to embrace it.
We don't need government support, all we need it authorities to let it grow and don't hinder the adoption.
Dimelord

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:36:18 AM

To me,I will say None.
Liberland has already announced bitcoin as their national currency.
In Nigeria, due to economic crisis,lots of people have started using bitcoin.
In future,Iran may accept bitcoin as secondary option to bypass the US sanctions.
Though Japan has not announced Bitcoin as legal currency,it has announced it as a legal payment method. 
SameHow

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:08:21 PM

Rather, residents of many countries support bitcoin, not government. Even if they want to support bitcoin, they will introduce user identification and track all payments as in banks.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: