Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
Nea Sandu

Activity: 478
Merit: 285

Crypto Way is the only Way!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 12:49:49 PM

Nea Sandu, probably hes involved with some other coin & tryin to spread fud here lol  Tongue

i understand a bit of code and this app is completely possible....nothing impossible in the app.

Totaly agree with you, but i honest did not understand what he is try to say Huh
If is FUD, is the worst i ever see.

Goana dupa Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  ▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..DMEX ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:56:33 PM

Nea Sandu, probably hes involved with some other coin & tryin to spread fud here lol  Tongue

i understand a bit of code and this app is completely possible....nothing impossible in the app.

Totaly agree with you, but i honest did not understand what he is try to say Huh
If is FUD, is the worst i ever see.

if u read the 150+ comments on this coin, not 1 speaks of it negatively and its an open thread, not self moderated....that to me is huge!!!! in my experience and i have invested in quite a few ipos, this is easily gonna meet its target of 750 btc and everybody is gonna get atleast 5x.....
altcoinnxt

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:59:07 PM

Look goods, but there are some free apps which can share passwords.By what's way to attract people use your app?
WiC Team

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:02:00 PM

Look goods, but there are some free apps which can share passwords.By what's way to attract people use your app?

If you have a choice to share your wifi for free or earn WiC for sharing it, what will you choose?  Wink
Nea Sandu

Activity: 478
Merit: 285

Crypto Way is the only Way!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

Hello devs; as I said on portuguese thread, the main obstacle of criptocurrencys/tokens is the bubble of users. Imagine how hard will be for a user buy some WiC, first they will have to buy BTC on some exchange(and in some countries it requires docs), after that the user will have to move the BTC to some exchange that trade WiC and after that he will have to his wallet, this is something HARD for mainstream people and will transform this great idea in a big fail.

My solution: Some years ago we could add credits on our cell phones with an code from an card, so you guys can do the same, instead of an code, you make an paper wallet that user buy on any place(shops, markets, gas station, etc), scan the QR with the wallet or type the private key and, voalá, they got WiC on the wallet without know nothing about criptos.

The main problem now will be the rate, WiC will change his value so an paper wallet of $10 could worth $1, $10 or $100, so you will need an stable coin instead of another volatile cripto to make it work and for sure a bigger pre-mine to put this paper wallets on the streets. I know that an stable coin will not attract the attention of investors however you can take a look at MinexCoin project that will have low volatility and a stable growth, maybe you can talk with this devs or found another solution and re-write part of your project.

This project can be giant if you catch mainstream people or it can be just another altcoin that will be dead in a year because you got stuck on the bubble.

The question is: do you want make few bucks with the pre-mine+pump or do you want change the world?

It has been over 8 years since Genesis block of Bitcoin. We all know what bitcoin si capable of and is not much until Bitcoin will be on mainstream.
So i don't belive that using Bitcoin to Buy WiC is dificult or it will be in future. When some1 need something, learning to do it is not hard.

WiC project is a good ideea and i belive it can be huge in next couple of years. Hard work need to be done.

Goana dupa Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  ▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..DMEX ..

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:08:57 PM

If you have a choice to share your wifi for free or earn WiC for sharing it, what will you choose?  Wink

Of course, the latter.  Grin
Anyway, let's see how far this project will go.
As this one is promising and considering the fact that wifi technology is almost everywhere now, especially in urban cities, airports, malls, name it.

So maybe kashish948's prediction might be true and this one is worth your second look.

if u read the 150+ comments on this coin, not 1 speaks of it negatively and its an open thread, not self moderated....that to me is huge!!!! in my experience and i have invested in quite a few ipos, this is easily gonna meet its target of 750 btc and everybody is gonna get atleast 5x.....
WiC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:21:27 PM

Thanks for the support everyone.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:01:48 PM

you gained that support because we believed that you will deliver and this project of yours will be successful
just keep it up and we are expecting more good plans and updates coming from you guys.
WiC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:16:39 PM

you gained that support because we believed that you will deliver and this project of yours will be successful
just keep it up and we are expecting more good plans and updates coming from you guys.

We sure will deliver Smiley
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:02:32 PM

Escrow Team has been finalized:

1) Blazed - Bitrated
2) minerjones - Bitrated
3) WiC Team

A multi-sig wallet will be held by the above 3 members for the ICO. More details soon.

I am confirming that I have been asked to act as 1 of the escrows for the Wic ICO

Will posted signed message shortly.

address: 1Khv2KH3YeuRAA4ZH9KAQ7nfBiE33yvJiS

message: I am minerjones and am acting as 1 of 3 escrow agents for the Wic ICO April 16th 2017

signature: IDjshwaigFQ2jDClFMKuQTxgMCatUQC/omjXcTmsOptkbniXUnsYpQDq2pEIE0JTPjdjSh8C0TO1ZCsoQaMKGDY=

COINIG VERIFY

great thanks for confirming!

i feel more confident bcoz u n blazed are escrows here
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:52:22 PM

just saw you will have wic/usd trading...which countries is this available in?
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:08:02 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2017, 07:23:42 PM by Lambo06

just saw you will have wic/usd trading...which countries is this available in?

That depends on the exchange's policy. Please check cryptodao.com
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 08:38:59 PM

This is pretty strange. Why would you want to collect WiFi passwords ? I dont care if you have mine you can't use it if you not in range xP but yea its very odd. Where is the download link for the App I'm curious and want to give it a shot.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:12:51 PM

I am really looking forward to the launch of the APP and have done a blog review for it. I hope to make a video tomorrow as I have many followers on FB who like to now what is good to invest in..

http://bitbillions.net/2017/04/16/altcoin-review-wi-coin-for-the-masses/ I filled in the form as well and am excited to invest also on day one to get the bonus!  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:23:28 PM

This is pretty strange. Why would you want to collect WiFi passwords ? I dont care if you have mine you can't use it if you not in range xP but yea its very odd. Where is the download link for the App I'm curious and want to give it a shot.

Its not for us to use Smiley Let me explain how it works:

1) You upload a wifi password and get paid 100 WiC for it.
2) Suppose, somebody else wants to connect to that network, he has to pay WiC (amount set by you) to you to get the password and connect.
3) This way you can share your wifi to those that need it and get paid for it.

The app has not been launched yet and will be released on June 10, 2017. We are having an ICO from April 22, 2017 with a 30% bonus to first day investors. Well known and reputed members Blazed - Bitrated and minerjones - Bitrated will be escrows for it.

WiC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:35:45 PM

I am really looking forward to the launch of the APP and have done a blog review for it. I hope to make a video tomorrow as I have many followers on FB who like to now what is good to invest in..

http://bitbillions.net/2017/04/16/altcoin-review-wi-coin-for-the-masses/ I filled in the form as well and am excited to invest also on day one to get the bonus!  Smiley

Thanks for the excellent blog. Spread the word!
sabotag3x
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 2162

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:27:37 PM

Very nice idea.
The recharge card concept kinda like prepaid card recharge for phone credit.
Yeah the stabilisation of WiC value is the main problem.

Hey, thanks for your suggestion.

As for the difficulty of getting WiC, yes this is an issue with all crypto currencies and your suggestion of using some kind of a recharge card is a good one except it will require a lot of investment to actually make it available in enough stores on the street to make a difference. We will consider this but it won't be immediate.  Also, you would be happy to know that WiC will be available for purchase with USD from day 1 on Cryptodao.com.

As for the volatility, we could keep blank recharge cards in stores which at the time of purchase, customers can add a custom value to it. This would work just like a normal gift card which does not have a fixed value and the customer can purchase any amount he/she likes. Also, it is very unlikely that code can make a coin stable since volatility is due to demand and supply but we will still look for options. To completely eliminate volatility you need something like USDT.

The main aim of the project is mass adoption of the crypto technology and WiC in particular. There is huge potential in this idea and we are in this for the long run. Also, to answer your question, we are not keeping any premine and a major portion of it is being used to drive adoption by distributing it to the app users. Also, it might interest you to know that it will be much much more profitable for us if the app becomes popular and hence our interests are aligned. Smiley

Let me know if you have further questions. Really appreciate suggestions from the community Smiley

Thanks for the reply!

Again, I have my doubts, today user will buy 300 WiC for $10 and tomorrow it will worth $1, $10 or $100.. Mainstream users aren't buying WiC to profit(neither all cripto users), they just want to buy internet access for a day.

Yeap, I was looking for pre-mine that devs will keep and found nothing, sounds good. However I believe that there's no way to do a project like that without an stable coin, USDT is something related to USD and the value will not grow(and it will have no investors), however you have other options, like Labour Hours(LH) from ChronoBank that will be stable and have a continious grow or Minexcoin that will be stable and grow 33% a year based on Top10 marketcaps, LH are tokens and Minex are a PoW currency.

Some questions: On what country do you will start?
Since the users will not have internet access to enter on exchanges, those servers will allow the user to enter in this exchanges? They will allow you to access your (lite)wallet* in "offline" mode? It will be an web wallet(like blockchain.info for btc) that could be used without credits?
*lite wallet because they will not need to download all blockchain to do the transfers.

It has been over 8 years since Genesis block of Bitcoin. We all know what bitcoin si capable of and is not much until Bitcoin will be on mainstream.
So i don't belive that using Bitcoin to Buy WiC is dificult or it will be in future. When some1 need something, learning to do it is not hard.

WiC project is a good ideea and i belive it can be huge in next couple of years. Hard work need to be done.

Nowadays Bitcoin is nothing, some people in the world have more money in the pocket than the BTC marketcap, daily volume is a joke compared to others markets, and a LOT of people think BTC isn't secure or is just an ponzi scheme. BTC will never become mainstream.

Blockchain will be mainstream when people don't need to know what's the tech behind the project, like the recard cards, they will buy offline for UD or other fiat and will import it to the app, they will not need to now that the app is an "wallet" or that the coins will have to be confirmed by another users or how blockchain works. Mainstream users need something chewed to swallow.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
WiC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:51:07 PM

Very nice idea.
The recharge card concept kinda like prepaid card recharge for phone credit.
Yeah the stabilisation of WiC value is the main problem.

Hey, thanks for your suggestion.

As for the difficulty of getting WiC, yes this is an issue with all crypto currencies and your suggestion of using some kind of a recharge card is a good one except it will require a lot of investment to actually make it available in enough stores on the street to make a difference. We will consider this but it won't be immediate.  Also, you would be happy to know that WiC will be available for purchase with USD from day 1 on Cryptodao.com.

As for the volatility, we could keep blank recharge cards in stores which at the time of purchase, customers can add a custom value to it. This would work just like a normal gift card which does not have a fixed value and the customer can purchase any amount he/she likes. Also, it is very unlikely that code can make a coin stable since volatility is due to demand and supply but we will still look for options. To completely eliminate volatility you need something like USDT.

The main aim of the project is mass adoption of the crypto technology and WiC in particular. There is huge potential in this idea and we are in this for the long run. Also, to answer your question, we are not keeping any premine and a major portion of it is being used to drive adoption by distributing it to the app users. Also, it might interest you to know that it will be much much more profitable for us if the app becomes popular and hence our interests are aligned. Smiley

Let me know if you have further questions. Really appreciate suggestions from the community Smiley

Thanks for the reply!

Again, I have my doubts, today user will buy 300 WiC for $10 and tomorrow it will worth $1, $10 or $100.. Mainstream users aren't buying WiC to profit(neither all cripto users), they just want to buy internet access for a day.

Yeap, I was looking for pre-mine that devs will keep and found nothing, sounds good. However I believe that there's no way to do a project like that without an stable coin, USDT is something related to USD and the value will not grow(and it will have no investors), however you have other options, like Labour Hours(LH) from ChronoBank that will be stable and have a continious grow or Minexcoin that will be stable and grow 33% a year based on Top10 marketcaps, LH are tokens and Minex are a PoW currency.

Some questions: On what country do you will start?
Since the users will not have internet access to enter on exchanges, those servers will allow the user to enter in this exchanges? They will allow you to access your (lite)wallet* in "offline" mode? It will be an web wallet(like blockchain.info for btc) that could be used without credits?
*lite wallet because they will not need to download all blockchain to do the transfers.

The price set by the users is changeable, i.e. suppose you want to rent your wifi for 10$ and 100 WiC is 10$ you could set the price to 100 WiC and if the price increases and 10$ is now 50 WiC, you could change your renting price to 50 WiC. However, we understand that it will be better for adoption if the exchange rate was stable and will look into the examples you gave and see if we can derive anything useful from it.

There will be no country restriction from our side and the app will be made available to all. We plan to add local languages for major non-english speaking countries like once the app gains popularity.

Sorry, I did not get your question on the wallet and exchanges, could you please elaborate that?
WiC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:02:57 PM

Nowadays Bitcoin is nothing, some people in the world have more money in the pocket than the BTC marketcap, daily volume is a joke compared to others markets, and a LOT of people think BTC isn't secure or is just an ponzi scheme. BTC will never become mainstream.

Blockchain will be mainstream when people don't need to know what's the tech behind the project, like the recard cards, they will buy offline for UD or other fiat and will import it to the app, they will not need to now that the app is an "wallet" or that the coins will have to be confirmed by another users or how blockchain works. Mainstream users need something chewed to swallow.

I kind of disagree with you here. Bitcoin's market cap and daily volume might be minuscule when you compare it with other markets, but you have to take into consideration that it is just a 8 year old decentralized currency! You may be correct though when you say that "Mainstream users need something chewed to swallow." Most people do not understand how the tech behind Bitcoin works and why it has such huge potential. That's one reason, I personally don't like Ethereum, its just too complex for non-tech users.

That being said, internet was once considered to be something only for the geeks and nerds could understand. Here's a video that you might find interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0luLPVHkO4
Bemerand

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:08:49 PM

OP's name is Lambo, running an ico.

Sure im in.

Grin

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: