Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:32:26 PM

June 19 you say. Cool thanks dev I can't wait !! xD

Happy to see the enthusiasm but you got the dates wrong Smiley. Check this out:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:58:17 PM

Important News: We will accept only BTC for our ICO. This is because everyone involved in crypto understands the workings of BTC and it is the oldest, most liquid and easy to use crypto currency today.

ahhh i was expecting at least eth to be accepted but i guess u make sense... many newbies dont know how to use eth.... good luck, looking forward to the ipo
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 04:24:23 PM

Hey. Thanks for the info on the exchanges it will be available on after May25th! Grin
You are really giving great updates on the progress of this project.
This shows that you are very serious about it and not just pumping it tot he masses. Wink
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:40:51 PM

Hey. Thanks for the info on the exchanges it will be available on after May25th! Grin
You are really giving great updates on the progress of this project.
This shows that you are very serious about it and not just pumping it tot he masses. Wink

Thanks for the support. Indeed this is a serious project and you would be happy yo know that we do not have a minimum requirement for the ICO and we will go ahead with this in any scenario. Smiley
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:24:24 PM

Important: There are a few people filling the bounty form multiple times. Please note that this will NOT get you any extra bounties since we will do a thorough check before sending out the WiC. Also, if it becomes clear that you purposely tried to cheat the campaign we will ban you and you will not receive any WiC.

Thanks!
nolispui

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:29:44 PM

Important: There are a few people filling the bounty form multiple times. Please note that this will NOT get you any extra bounties since we will do a thorough check before sending out the WiC. Also, if it becomes clear that you purposely tried to cheat the campaign we will ban you and you will not receive any WiC.

Thanks!

well done  Smiley
nolispui

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:40:28 PM

I have received a question in my local thread and I am not sure I know how to answer it.
The question is basically: "what if someone shares one of the Wi-Fi passwords to someone else for free and the owner of the Wi-Fi changes it?"
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:54:25 PM

I have received a question in my local thread and I am not sure I know how to answer it.
The question is basically: "what if someone shares one of the Wi-Fi passwords to someone else for free and the owner of the Wi-Fi changes it?"

Hey, sorry but I am not very sure what your question means. Could you try to explain it in a bit detail?

From what I understand though, you want to know what happens if a password is changed after it is uploaded? The app charges you only if the password is correct and you successfully connect. So if the password is changed, you will not be able to connect obviously and thus won't be charged as well.
nolispui

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:01:16 PM

Hey, sorry but I am not very sure what your question means. Could you try to explain it in a bit detail?

From what I understand though, you want to know what happens if a password is changed after it is uploaded? The app charges you only if the password is correct and you successfully connect. So if the password is changed, you will not be able to connect obviously and thus won't be charged as well.

Oh that is good to know, thanks.
I will explain the question better: I was asked what happens if someone who was charged for the password, shares it for free, so the uploader has to change it to avoid that people connect to the Wi-Fi for free.
Thinking about it though, I don't think someone would have a good incentive to share it for free, because if the uploader is forced to change the password, they'll have to pay again for it.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:09:45 PM

Oh that is good to know, thanks.
I will explain the question better: I was asked what happens if someone who was charged for the password, shares it for free, so the uploader has to change it to avoid that people connect to the Wi-Fi for free.
Thinking about it though, I don't think someone would have a good incentive to share it for free, because if the uploader is forced to change the password, they'll have to pay again for it.

You answered that pretty well yourself Smiley. I would just like to add that only the first person who uploads the password gets the WiC.
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:12:58 PM

Thanks!

yeah plz make sure there r no duplicates
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:48:57 PM

But if i by chance I know my friend's wifi password and upload it.
I will get reward right?
Then what will happen if suddenly my friend change it few hours after that?
Will my reward get withhold or i need to return back the WiC ?
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:28:55 PM

Regarding Facebook tag and posting: "Minimum 10 posts per week promoting WiC. Also, be sure to tag us in your post."

What does it mean 10 posts and tag? AFAIK Fb. has share and like. We share then tag,  how?

Hey, when you make a post on Facebook you can tag anyone by typing "@" followed by the name of the person you want to tag.

I wrote @WiC and did not seem to tag anything. We post 10 posts per week, right? what we say in these posts
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:43:28 PM

But if i by chance I know my friend's wifi password and upload it.
I will get reward right?
Then what will happen if suddenly my friend change it few hours after that?
Will my reward get withhold or i need to return back the WiC ?

Yes whoever uploads the password earns the rewards. We will probably have a certain time limit for which the password has to be kept unchanged to be able to withdraw the WiC earned from that password. A similar question was asked before: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1869125.msg18584530#msg18584530

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:50:01 PM

Regarding Facebook tag and posting: "Minimum 10 posts per week promoting WiC. Also, be sure to tag us in your post."

What does it mean 10 posts and tag? AFAIK Fb. has share and like. We share then tag,  how?

Hey, when you make a post on Facebook you can tag anyone by typing "@" followed by the name of the person you want to tag.

I wrote @WiC and did not seem to tag anything. We post 10 posts per week, right? what we say in these posts

Hey, don't worry about tagging us, its alright. Smiley

In the 10 posts you have to promote WiC in any way you like. It could be as simple as "hey check out WiC, you can rent out your wifi with it, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1869125". Think of what you would post if this campaign was not there and you wanted to inform your friends about WiC, and post that! Its really any way you wish to spread the word about us! Make sure to put a link of this thread in your post though so that interested people can come here for more information.

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:39:56 PM

Just a small update: We have 150+ active twitter followers now and 1,000+ post engagements! And we are less than a week old  Wink

Thanks for all the support!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:14:05 PM

A new article about WiC (In Indonesian) - http://www.news-crypto.com/2017/04/wi-koin-aplikasi-pengembangan-krypto.html
roopchand2016

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:40:26 PM

is there any maximum & minimum limit for investing in the ICO ? like individually? or i could invest any amount ?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:58:21 PM

is there any maximum & minimum limit for investing in the ICO ? like individually? or i could invest any amount ?

Hey, there are no restrictions on the investment amount. Any amount is fine.

Thanks!
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:58:47 AM

u got the instructions for how to invest yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: