Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced  (Read 52992 times)
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:43:47 AM

suppose i invest 17 btc do i get 3 or 4 entries in the draw?
You're not seriously going to invest 17 btc into this coin are you? Lol

actually i plan to. have invested in some previous ipos with very good results, im pretty confident this can be huge. it's a very good concept and with that small 750 btc ipo cap, this will definitely be pumped 2-5x.... theres money to be made here  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:03:33 PM

Hey, every 5 BTC investment is eligible for 1 entry so 17 BTC will get you 3 entries into the draw.
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:16:16 PM

Hey, every 5 BTC investment is eligible for 1 entry so 17 BTC will get you 3 entries into the draw.

k thanks, alls good but I just wish u accepted eth as well for the ipo.....but yeah it gets confusing for newbies lol
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:50:34 PM

Hello. Thank you for accepting me in the signature campaign. I am informing the manager of the bounty that I have updated my signature. More power Wi Coin!

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:39:07 PM

Hello. Thank you for accepting me in the signature campaign. I am informing the manager of the bounty that I have updated my signature. More power Wi Coin!

I'll update the spreadsheet in a while.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 02:06:59 PM

very, very different project. hopefully you will be successful.

I think you should start of this project to the stage of development in a limited region.  Wink

users to trade Crypto currencies, nice. but in the future the Internet will be free. Undecided
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:36:03 PM

very, very different project. hopefully you will be successful.

I think you should start of this project to the stage of development in a limited region.  Wink

users to trade Crypto currencies, nice. but in the future the Internet will be free. Undecided

yeah man real cool this concept..... im investing day 1 hope they don't sell out
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:27:57 PM

I have some questions regarding the signature campaign.

1. Are we allowed to post on any board? Just meet the 15 post per week and that's it? It happens that I did not see any rules about the signature campaign. Also, is the quality of post necessary in order to be paid?
2. When will be the payday? Is it by week or after the ICO? If by week, is there a fixed duration or it will depend on what date we registered?

Please provide rules regarding the signature campaign. I do not know if the rules were given on other thread or somewhere, if there is kindly reply the link.

Thanks in advance.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
jfieschi

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:05:47 PM

How many WI Coins I will get for each BTC I invest without the ICO early-bird bonus ?

kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:45:04 PM

How many WI Coins I will get for each BTC I invest without the ICO early-bird bonus ?

read the op bro, it depends on total investment.....25 mil gets divided proportionately among investors
smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:02:14 PM

interesting idea, although I do believe Wifi should be free  Wink

This will take time to grow though I believe. If I were doing this I would of started in my local city, build a user base to see how well the idea is adopted then moving to an ICO and expanding.

Hopefully you have enough cash from the ICO for marketing, this will need to be marketed heavily.

Keeping on eye on this one though definitely worth watching.

Not sure if it's just me but does it seem unfair for the early investors that 64% of the coins are mine able? imo a bigger portion of the coins should go towards investors and maybe 25-30% towards mining.

25% of coins with a cap of 750 BTC...project value at 3000 BTC. That valuation seems a tad high.
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:18:37 PM

This will take time to grow though I believe. If I were doing this I would of started in my local city, build a user base to see how well the idea is adopted then moving to an ICO and expanding.

Hopefully you have enough cash from the ICO for marketing, this will need to be marketed heavily.

Not sure if it's just me but does it seem unfair for the early investors that 64% of the coins are mine able? imo a bigger portion of the coins should go towards investors and maybe 25-30% towards mining.

25% of coins with a cap of 750 BTC...project value at 3000 BTC. That valuation seems a tad high.

I think you are right about more coins for ICO and less for miners but they got 10℅ for in app distribution so it's not a 3000 BTC value because distribution will take time....
but i think 750 btc max cap is pretty decent for this... im expecting it to sell out..... but yeah i would love it if it had more coins for us investors  Cheesy
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:21:56 PM

and 3000 btc market cap will not even be in the top 100 market caps and 90℅ of those coins are shit with no innovation.....This is way better and even the 3000 btc cap doesn't seem much to be honest...... but who knows... will have to wait n watch, definitely investing though, this could be huge
WiC Team

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:24:04 PM

I have some questions regarding the signature campaign.

1. Are we allowed to post on any board? Just meet the 15 post per week and that's it? It happens that I did not see any rules about the signature campaign. Also, is the quality of post necessary in order to be paid?
2. When will be the payday? Is it by week or after the ICO? If by week, is there a fixed duration or it will depend on what date we registered?

Please provide rules regarding the signature campaign. I do not know if the rules were given on other thread or somewhere, if there is kindly reply the link.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, let me explain the details:

1) Yes you can make posts under any board. Only requirement is that these posts should not be spam or deleted by a moderator.

2) The ICO launches on April 22, 2017 and ends after about a month on May 24, 2017. WiC launches next day on May 25, 2017 and the bounty will be distributed from then within a 2-3 days.

3) You get shares on a weekly basis, so if you want to discontinue after a week you have the choice. 1 week counted from your registration date.

Let me know if you have further questions. Smiley
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:44:57 PM

Hey, the amount of WiC you receive depends on the total investment. As mentioned in the OP, the price per WiC will be decided by the market forces. There is no fixed price and it will be decided by the formula: Total Investment / Number of ICO coins (25,000,000)

So if there is less total investment you get more WiC. Since we have a max cap of 750 BTC, the MINIMUM WiC you will get for 1 BTC is 33,333.33 WiC. We also have some bonuses for early investors and if you invest on the first day you get 30% more.

1) Day 1 (6 pm EST) – April 22, 2017 – 30% Bonus
2) April 23 (6:01 pm EST) – April 30, 2017 – 25% Bonus
3) May 1 (6:01 pm EST) – May 8, 2017 – 15% Bonus
4) May 9 (6:01 pm EST) – May 16, 2017 – 10% Bonus
5) May 17 (6:01 pm EST) – May 24, 2017 (Final Week) – No Bonus

Also, we have announced a lucky draw for those investing more than 5 BTC. Full details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1869125.msg18667097#msg18667097

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16315

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 08:19:48 PM

You're giving an incentive to upload Wifi-passwords. How are you going to stop people from uploading fake Wifi passwords?
It's easy to change the name of the Wifi-network, store it in a phone, and do it again. If early adopters pollute the database with fake data, it loses its value.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:31:49 PM

You're giving an incentive to upload Wifi-passwords. How are you going to stop people from uploading fake Wifi passwords?
It's easy to change the name of the Wifi-network, store it in a phone, and do it again. If early adopters pollute the database with fake data, it loses its value.

Hey, thanks for taking interest. Each Wi-Fi network has a unique identifier and it can be checked that the users do not upload duplicate networks. This way only unique networks are uploaded and rewarded. Also, only the first person who uploads a specific Wi-Fi password gets the reward. For example, if John uploads his home Wi-Fi network and after a few days changes the password and tries to again upload it, he will only be rewarded the first time.

Another important thing to know is that if someone wants to connect to a wifi, he/she pays ONLY if the connection is successful and the password is correct. Wrong/changed passwords don't get paid.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16315

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 09:17:26 PM

Each Wi-Fi network has a unique identifier and it can be checked that the users do not upload duplicate networks.
This got me curious. I started Googling and found How to Hack Wi-Fi:
Create a New AP with new SSID & MAC Address

we can use airbase-ng to create a fake AP. We can do this by opening a new terminal and typing:

bt > airbase-ng -a 00:09:5B:6F:64:1E --essid "Elroy" -c 11 mon0
(quote slightly edited to fit the topic here)
If I understand correctly, it's very easy to spoof a random MAC address and a random SSID. I could easily script this and create a new one every minute. All that's left, is to connect from Android.

Another important thing to know is that if someone wants to connect to a wifi, he/she pays ONLY if the connection is successful and the password is correct. Wrong/changed passwords don't get paid.
That's will prevent fake entries after the initial giveaway ends.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:52:42 PM

Each Wi-Fi network has a unique identifier and it can be checked that the users do not upload duplicate networks.
This got me curious. I started Googling and found How to Hack Wi-Fi:
Create a New AP with new SSID & MAC Address

we can use airbase-ng to create a fake AP. We can do this by opening a new terminal and typing:

bt > airbase-ng -a 00:09:5B:6F:64:1E --essid "Elroy" -c 11 mon0
(quote slightly edited to fit the topic here)
If I understand correctly, it's very easy to spoof a random MAC address and a random SSID. I could easily script this and create a new one every minute. All that's left, is to connect from Android.

That's will prevent fake entries after the initial giveaway ends.

Hey LoyceV, very good point there. I would like to let you know that there will be anti-bot mechanisms in the app and the awarded WiC will not be withdrawable immediately. The network will need to remain unchanged for a certain number of days before the user can withdraw any WiC. We can manually check if there has been any botting or any other mischief and ban that user. You might be aware of Pokemon Go bots which were rampant just after the launch. But they soon updated their app and made it impossible to bot by checking for basically "human like behavior". Also yes, a user ONLY pays for a successful connection and never for a wrong password.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:53:47 PM

Hey thanks for the support! We understand extensive marketing is required for this app to be popular among everyone and not just with those that understand crypto currencies. You will be happy to know that an online ad campaign, on a trial basis, will be started from tomorrow. As for the coin allocation, we gave it a careful thought and decided that 25% coins for fundraising should be good enough for our marketing and development needs. The 3000 BTC market cap is minuscule in comparison to the potential of this app and we expect the price to rise much more than the ICO price after launch.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: