Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Take profits now!  (Read 5593 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6054

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:51:22 AM

In my opinion, going "all-in" or "all-out" at this very moment is dangerous (only exception: if you are totally satisfied with your profits until now).

The scaling debate still dictates the price movements. In every single moment the following two things could happen:
- some pool jumps to BU and gets it near or over 50%, making hard fork a real risk -> very bearish (target: ~700)
- some pool jumps to Segwit and gets it near or over 50%  -> bullish / sideways (~1200-1350, but perhaps not strong enough for a new ATH)
- UASF gets traction and Segwit approval is very likely -> very bullish (new ATH, target ~2000)
- a compromise solution (EB, Segwit2MB) gets Core and majority miner approval -> also very bullish

That's why I wouldn't take sides still. And I disagree with AnonyMint: I think no side has "won" until now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:28:32 AM

bitcoin hold that you have today is going to take the advantage in the future. in addition, bitcoin buy in large quantities when the price drops would be to make you feel a huge advantage. especially if the price drops below $ 1000, it may be our opportunity to buy bitcoin and hold it.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:51:52 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 04:07:43 PM by iamnotback

In my opinion, going "all-in" or "all-out" at this very moment is dangerous (only exception: if you are totally satisfied with your profits until now).

The scaling debate still dictates the price movements. In every single moment the following two things could happen:
- some pool jumps to BU and gets it near or over 50%, making hard fork a real risk -> very bearish (target: ~700)
- some pool jumps to Segwit and gets it near or over 50%  -> bullish / sideways (~1200-1350, but perhaps not strong enough for a new ATH)
- UASF gets traction and Segwit approval is very likely -> very bullish (new ATH, target ~2000)
- a compromise solution (EB, Segwit2MB) gets Core and majority miner approval -> also very bullish

That's why I wouldn't take sides still. And I disagree with AnonyMint: I think no side has "won" until now.

None of those are possibilities. 0% chance.

I think no side has "won" until now.

And no side will ever win.

Reading the following threads (not just the linked post) will help you understand:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1857162.msg18526721#msg18526721
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1837136.msg18571238#msg18571238
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1767014.msg18579825#msg18579825
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1867541.msg18570031#msg18570031

The above link to all my points on the Scalepocalypse.

Sell all crypto-currency to fiat IMMEDIATELY. BTC will dive -30%. Altcoins will decline even more. SegWit and scaling has been defeated on both Bitcoin and (at least near-term) also Litecoin. Also there are macroeconomics things going on which will also hit gold and every asset except USD. Store your money in USD or altcoin USDT (dollar peg) temporarily until this dip has concluded

I posted about this the other day.  Wondering what people's opinions are on the value of cryptocurrency during geopolitical issues (ie war, financial markets crash etc).  It is an interesting subject... it seems you're of the opinion crypto will crash heavily.  That is one possibility, but it also could potentially be unaffected due to the decentralized nature and perhaps even grow as people look for alternatives to store their money in times of crisis?  Just a thought... I'm a glass half full kind of guy :-)

Either way, it's a good topic for people to get involved with as an overall market drop would be a bummer for everyone!

Crypto is not long-term affected by geopolitical noise.

The crypto market is undergoing a painful Scalepocalypse metamorphosis as n00bs come to understand their idol Satoshi was an evil motherfucking genius.

So this cognitive dissonance is causing them to rail against Bitcoin (USAF nonsense, etc), and so they will be served up some event which steals their tokens to silence them so Bitcoin can move forward without the deadweight.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:49:39 PM

If it does drop below 1000 and I'll be the first person to buy in lol

This is why altcoins decline more than BTC does when BTC declines.

Any altcoin that remained high would be sold to buy some cheap BTC. Since BTC can absorb more flows than altcoins can, the altcoins decline more on a percentage than Bitcoin. When BTC is rising, the inverse effect occurs.

So selling altcoins that had significant rises might be wise right about now while they are still near their peaks.

Comparing to the last BitFUnix heist crash which was a ~28% decline from Jan 5 to 7 and another ~11% decline from Jan 11 to 12 for a total decline of ~33%.

LTC/BTC had a 11% relative decline the day before on Jan 4 but it recovered and ended a 15% relative gain on Jan 9.

ETH/BTC had a 20% relative gain.

XMR/BTC had a 25% relative decline, but note XMR had been rising with BTC but lately XMR hasn't rise with BTC.

DASH/BTC had no leverage, so meaning it has same percentage moves as BTC.
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:43:32 PM

Any altcoin that remained high would be sold to buy some cheap BTC. Since BTC can absorb more flows than altcoins can, the altcoins decline more on a percentage than Bitcoin. When BTC is rising, the inverse effect occurs.

So selling altcoins that had significant rises might be wise right about now while they are still near their peaks.

Comparing to the last BitFUnix heist crash which was a ~28% decline from Jan 5 to 7 and another ~11% decline from Jan 11 to 12 for a total decline of ~33%.

LTC/BTC had a 11% relative decline the day before on Jan 4 but it recovered and ended a 15% relative gain on Jan 9.

XMR/BTC had a 25% relative decline, but note XMR had been rising with BTC but lately XMR hasn't rise with BTC.

I still don't get the point why altcoins should react bearish to BTC decline just now?
For the past months they were quite anti correlated to bitcoin.

And most people still see the undecided future of bitcoin scaling bullish for altcoins. So if Bitcoin price drops, they still go into altcoins.
For sure there will be and end at some point and maybe the end is near.

But there is still so much $ on the sidelines which wants to get into crypto and the market is tiny.

I doubt the whole crypto market will drop a lot in the coming weeks.
I rather think if Ethereum takes a big hit, the altcoin market turns bearish, which was the leader during the last bubbles.

But since Ethereum corrected already and might have found a new midterm bottom ( not sure yet of course, could even drop to 20$ again ).

I am still bullish on Litecoin, Ethereum and some smaller Cap coins.
Litecoin will get Segwit before Bitcoin, thats for sure.

Proof of Bullshit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:05:37 PM

Sell all crypto-currency to fiat IMMEDIATELY. BTC will dive -30%. Altcoins will decline even more. SegWit and scaling has been defeated on both Bitcoin and (at least near-term) also Litecoin. Also there are macroeconomics things going on which will also hit gold and every asset except USD. Store your money in USD or altcoin USDT (dollar peg) temporarily until this dip has concluded

hmm.
Current bitcoin price is $1175 on average today (April 15).
-30% dive means price going down to $822.5

now we wait...

It would have been interesting if you added some timeframe to this speculation. For example is the dive going to happen in next day, a week, a month, 2, a year, in 10 years from now?
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:40:41 PM

hmm.

now we wait...

It would have been interesting if you added some timeframe to this speculation. For example is the dive going to happen in next day, a week, a month, 2, a year, in 10 years from now?

Are you so sure about this -30% dive that is gonna happen, in your previous value the price is $1175, and as of now the price has slightly increase and now become $1182.69 I suppose if not the next day or two, but bitcoin keeps on moving forward and increasing it's value and if we speculated something like that are we so sure it's gonna happen? but well it is just a speculation that is why we are here!
Proof of Bullshit

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:48:08 PM

hmm.

now we wait...

Are you so sure about this -30% dive that is gonna happen, in your previous value the price is $1175, and as of now the price has slightly increase and now become $1182.69 I suppose if not the next day or two, but bitcoin keeps on moving forward and increasing it's value and if we speculated something like that are we so sure it's gonna happen? but well it is just a speculation that is why we are here!

Unless by "you" you mean iamnotback, I have to ask you to read again. Because I am not the one making this speculation.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:00:29 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 04:17:38 PM by iamnotback

hmm.

now we wait...

Unless by "you" you mean iamnotback, I have to ask you to read again. Because I am not the one making this speculation.

The ~30% decline would be from the peak price of BTC in April, if it happens.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:09:04 PM

I still don't get the point why altcoins should react bearish to BTC decline just now?

Are you disagreeing or agreeing that I agreed with you? You see I was correcting myself.
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:17:44 PM

Are you disagreeing or agreeing that I agreed with you? You see I was correcting myself.

Ok. But this situation now might be different, since almost all coinse pumped a lot.
So yeah you might be right about the wise decision to sell those pumped coins.

york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:24:31 PM

Ok. But this situation now might be different, since almost all coinse pumped a lot.
So yeah you might be right about the wise decision to sell those pumped coins.
For what? For bear(bit)coin? Or fiat ^^ nah. Selling will cost them money
Proof of Bullshit

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:49:42 PM

hmm.

now we wait...

Highest price of bitfinex in April: $1244.7 ---(-30%)---> $871.29
Current price: $1214

Highest price of Bitstamp in April: $1229 ---(-30%)--> $860.30
Current price: $1188

Still disappointed since you've given us no timeframe.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:50:58 PM

I have choosen to hold few alts along with bitcoin on all this panic market, sold almost 30% of my bitcoin for USD, Bought ETH and LTC with 30% of my bitcoin and holding remaining 40% bitcoin in my wallet. I think this is the safest combo i can have right now.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:03:12 PM

The momentum is dying out, its time for a profit taking if anyone wants to make 10-20% and buy back.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#rg180ztgSzbgBza1gWMAzm1g10za2gWMAzm2g25zxzi1gCCIzi2gMACDzv

The way things are going, there is more money in dumping/buying back than just HODLing.

If other traders doesn't execute it early then just hold some while at the same time add some quantity of bitcoins to make some opportunity to purchase coins at low price to consider by others.

Going back to this current price rate might seem not to repeat once there is a big pump that will happen again especially it will start at close to $1,200. Sometimes there is a growth of 20% or even more to the initial starting line before hard pump. We are not erasing the fact that same goes to price hard dump. But likely, bitcoin price will still recoved as it was happened many times even after a major negative news.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:20:49 PM

I am quite optimistic on current bitcoin market. I am holding all my bitcoins tightly for next possible bull run which can drive price to well over $1300.

Don't like to get trapped into any FUD created by whales to buy cheap bitcoins. I am not selling...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
iamnotback

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:30:27 PM

hmm.

now we wait...

Highest price of bitfinex in April: $1244.7 ---(-30%)---> $871.29
Current price: $1214

Highest price of Bitstamp in April: $1229 ---(-30%)--> $860.30
Current price: $1188

Still disappointed since you've given us no timeframe.

The Bitcoin chart is a recursive, diminishing (decaying energy wave) fractal pattern.

The price should peak again at approximately $1208 (Bitstamp) in 3 days and 6 hours from now. After that up to a day of diminishing pattern clustered in tight range around that price, then after that should begin the precipitous decline similar to last month.
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:40:06 PM

I have choosen to hold few alts along with bitcoin on all this panic market, sold almost 30% of my bitcoin for USD, Bought ETH and LTC with 30% of my bitcoin and holding remaining 40% bitcoin in my wallet. I think this is the safest combo i can have right now.
I am holding some bitcoins earned from signature campaign and faucets and doge and litecoins earned from purely faucets.

But I keep all of them in cold storage without touching them. Honestly I do not have any eth till today as I do not get any chances to earn them. I believe I will continue these for next to 3 to 4 years to see what will be happening with my holding.

I'm not the one who is changing portfolio based on trends. I believe into these three crypto currencies and just sticking with them to see what I will be getting after some long holding.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
york780

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:34:23 AM

Apparently LTC will likely be a hedge against the coming BTC decline. Go long LTC (Litecoin) now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663070.msg18610203#msg18610203
No ltc fanboy. The hedge for btc is ethereum not ltc. Go away with you ltc propaganda
moviebuff777

Activity: 378

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:31:33 PM

So if we take profits now, what should we put that money into? Should I just hold in fiat or should I buy some other altcoins. Which altcoins could go up while bitcoins are going down?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

.████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
              .████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: