Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:46:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to buy BTC in USA? (via cash/bank transfer)  (Read 710 times)
grauss (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:08:50 AM

Hello everybody!

Sorry for the noob question but I have an issue with loading my cash to BTC. Please advise how can I make that in a right way?
Seems like WIRE transfer to BTC-E doesn't feet my needs cuz it may take several weeks before they approve it.

So I need a much more speedy way. Also the fee is very important too as we process great amounts.
Under 1% would be fine Smiley

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:32:13 AM

Hello everybody!

Sorry for the noob question but I have an issue with loading my cash to BTC. Please advise how can I make that in a right way?
Seems like WIRE transfer to BTC-E doesn't feet my needs cuz it may take several weeks before they approve it.

So I need a much more speedy way. Also the fee is very important too as we process great amounts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi grauss, I'm affraid you won't be able to get less than 1% fee ( quicker deposit = higher fee )

I think coinbase used to be good way to purchase BTC for US citizens. In past I purchased some BTC with CC ... it was quick but the fee was pretty high.
As of the cash you should search for a local trader at localbitcoins.com and meet him personally (or find trader using account with same bank). Alternatively you can try to find some bitcoin ATM near by.

zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:42:59 AM

Hello everybody!

Thanks in advance.

Gemini is the most used exchange to buy bitcoin in the US now that Coinbase is having the problems we are already aware of. You cannot expect to buy bitcoin with just 1% fee.
For the moment they are the best option if you process great amounts, you can open an institutional account with them (I don't know but maybe there are benefits from having it)
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 11:53:46 AM

Hello everybody!

Thanks in advance.
In the United States It's fine to purchase bitcoin with a connected bank account via bank transfer. It's allow you to buy Bitcoin safely using Bank transfer and cash deposit. Also there many option make It easy to buy bitcoins on LocalBitcoins via cash or person to person good option too while you would be fine make it under 1% fine.
grauss (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:40:37 PM

Hi grauss, I'm affraid you won't be able to get less than 1% fee ( quicker deposit = higher fee )

I think coinbase used to be good way to purchase BTC for US citizens. In past I purchased some BTC with CC ... it was quick but the fee was pretty high.
As of the cash you should search for a local trader at localbitcoins.com and meet him personally (or find trader using account with same bank). Alternatively you can try to find some bitcoin ATM near by.

BTC ATM will cost ~7% Shocked

In the United States It's fine to purchase bitcoin with a connected bank account via bank transfer. It's allow you to buy Bitcoin safely using Bank transfer and cash deposit. Also there many option make It easy to buy bitcoins on LocalBitcoins via cash or person to person good option too while you would be fine make it under 1% fine.
Seems like nobody there can sell me an amount I need. And fee is really high Sad

Gemini is the most used exchange to buy bitcoin in the US now that Coinbase is having the problems we are already aware of. You cannot expect to buy bitcoin with just 1% fee.
For the moment they are the best option if you process great amounts, you can open an institutional account with them (I don't know but maybe there are benefits from having it)
Thanks a lot! Gonna try it.
blockcha1n

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:41:55 AM

I would say coinbase would be the best way since they are the biggest one in the states and not likely to pull any funny business with you or they will get alot of bad press from it.
As if they don't have enough of that already but when it comes down to it the buyer only wants their bitcoins and doesn't care are all the FUD that comes with it.

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:08:12 PM

Hello everybody!

Thanks in advance.

Hello grauss, I have some questions to you, i think they are very important for me.

You are talking about Coinbase, that they are currently encountering some problems, and you say that 'we" are aware of it.
This is the first time I hear about this, nobody told me that they are having some issues, or also I haven't found any news where they mentioned that.

Can you explain exactly what is happening on Coinbase? At the moment, I hold the part of my bitcoins in there, and I really don't want to lose that money stacked.

Getting back to topic, I also agree that you won't be able to buy bitcoins with less than 1% fee at US, if you want to use ATM that will be around 6/7 %, but it is one of the most expensive ways to choose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: