Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:14:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Ver has been compromised  (Read 7363 times)
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:33:07 PM

This is the first time that I have read this statement from Roger, and it seems absurd that there are nodes that are "true" and nodes that aren't. So meaning to say, mining nodes are the nodes that should remain in the network whereas nodes that are there to help relay info are just plain pieces of trash? Wow.

wow is right. This should be irrefutable proof that Roger is working for the dark side.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:37:37 PM

Roger said unconfirmed tx is valid.

the only way you're going to be able to use bitcoin in real-life commerce is if you make unconfirmed transactions safe enough.   

sure it's never as safe as conformed transactions, but they should be at least safe enough that you can use them to buy things at the store.

otherwise bitcoin won't be worth anything.
Quantus
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:43:51 PM

the only way you're going to be able to use bitcoin in real-life commerce is if you make unconfirmed transactions safe enough.  

sure it's never as safe as conformed transactions, but they should be at least safe enough that you can use them to buy things at the store.

Wrong. Unconfirmed means unconfirmed why can't you understand this? plz click the link in my sig.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:45:35 PM

Some of those people are either actively harming Bitcoin (see Ver), sold themselves to the CIA (see Gavin), sold themselves to the banks (see Hearn), etc. Their latest 'evil' pretty much terminated most of their 'good' (if they ever had any).
sometimes i laugh at the Hippocratic comments you make

Can you explain what you meant? Trying to work out what the Hippocratic oath got to do with this.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:47:20 PM

The only way to get reliable instant transactions is not 0 conf onchain transactions but lightning network transactions.

Roger ver is blocking exactly that since we need segwit for LN to work at full steam.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:51:26 PM

You're an idiot. Possibly an even bigger idiot that Ver is. Bitcoin is nothing without the possibility of financial sovereignty. If you want an ecosystem with an ever shrinking number of user nodes, then you should look towards centralized shitcoins like ETH.

Going with your logic, ETH should have bitcoin's value because it has more nodes. Now go back to your room, and don't speak unless you know what you're talking. To make sure of it, i'll add a collar and a gag ball.

https://www.ethernodes.org/network/1
https://bitnodes.21.co/
Quantus
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:51:52 PM

I am confidant that if you were to cut Roger Ver open you would find he's made entirely of straw and bull shit.

The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:52:09 PM

Have we asked ourselves who the hell is controlling him.
It is like he is just the face of change but not the real one who is behind it. Maybe he posted something that is with his own accord without even trying to take an advice from his mentors.  Grin
This is just another FUD to make us sell or just his followers.  Grin

The question is who controlling whom?

What is obvious is the banks, etc, do not like Bitcoin as it would hit their potential revenues. Behind the scene, no doubt they are trying to find ways to control it.
Could it be the maxblock at 1mb/segwit - any attempt to increase capacity?
Could it be LN where they hope the fees go to them and not the miners?
Could it be start a Bitcoin civil war, thus no progress to increase capacity or scaling, creating a stalemate?
The longer this goes on the more suspicious i am.

..C..

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:54:32 PM

Roger ver is blocking exactly that since we need segwit for LN to work at full steam.

LN can function WITHOUT segwit.

blockstreams LN wants segwit because THEIR LN is pre-programmed to work with segwit.

but multi-sig is not broke and has no issues with malleability or quadratics.
its just that blockstream want their LN compatible with their segwit.

lightning is not quadratic risk because its only a 2in-2 out.. thus no quadratic delay risks (its not thousands of inputs in simple terms)
lightning is not malleable risk because it requires other party to sign off/refuse.. thus other party see's and know what has been signed to counter malleability risk

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Quantus
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:56:03 PM

It is like he is just the face of change but not the real one who is behind it. Maybe he posted something that is with his own accord without even trying to take an advice from his mentors.  Grin

What is obvious is the banks, etc, do not like Bitcoin as it would hit their potential revenues. Behind the scene, no doubt they are trying to find ways to control it.
Could it be start a Bitcoin civil war, thus no progress to increase capacity or scaling, creating a stalemate?

Do you support segwit?

The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:34:02 PM

Do you support segwit?

I have decided 95% to support none of the current proposals. All have - and +. Prefer all proposals to fail. I simply believe that increasing the maxblocksize to 2mb is the best way from now till 2018. Thus new research is required. New debate.

I am using USAF for now, hoping that it will eat into BU and Core shares, thus creating a 3 way splits.

..C..

Quantus
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:56:43 PM

Why would you want a 3 way split?

And why would you be willing to increase block size without fixing transaction malleability. The chines miners are reordering transactions and creating fake transactions (causing bloat and higher fees) or just pumping out empty blocks just to increase efficiency. Do you support this behavior?
Its detrimental to the whole network. Allowing them more space to create more fake transactions would just give them more of an unfair advantage leading to faster consolidation and centralization of the mining community. The bloat will lead to higher costs for full node operators again leading to consolidation and centralization of the relay network further weakening us to the possibility of Ddos attacks.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:09:43 PM

This forum is so entertaining.

Roger Ver - Bitcoin Jesus Angel Investor -> Roger Ver - hated dumbass

Gavin Andresen - Lead Dev Super Special Bitcoin Foundation Paid Coder God -> Gavin Andresen - hated dumbass

Mike Hearn - Google Engineer to Bitcoinj's Dev Daddy and Bitcoin Super Core Coder -> Mike Hearn - hated dumbass

Charlie Shrem - Bitcoin Entrepreneur and Super Promoter -> Charlie Shrem - Inmate

James McCarthy - GLBSE Operator, first international trip using only Bitcoin, forum moderator -> James McCarthy -> Illegal Exchange Operator, Thief, hated dumbass

Erik Voorhees - Super Bitcoin Promoter, Super Dice Blockchain Spammer, IPO God, BirdFeeder and Exchange Operator -> Illegal IPO Operator, Scammer, Thief

Peter Vessenes - Bitcoin Foundation Savior, Entrepreneur, MtGox Savior -> Peter Vessenes - Scammer, Thief, Liar, hated dumbass

Mark (MagicalTux) Karpeles - Main Exchange Operator, Revered Bitcoin God, Founding member of The Bitcoin Foundation -> Mark (MyButtholeHurts) Karpeles - Largest Thief in Bithistory, Scammer, Inmate, despised dumbass

And On and on and on and on and on

BTC is full of "gangs". it depends of their interests what people are "good" or not  Smiley

It's not about gangs or being good. The characters from Bitcoin history I mention above are not at fault. They did nothing wrong. The people in this community are the problem. What I meant with the above is how the Bitcoin community has always praised people for their involvement and put them on a pedestal believing every word out of their mouths. They never simply respect their involvement, thank them, question every step they take and wait for results. In 2011-12 I used to watch people wet themselves every time Gavin made a new thread. They drooled over him like a teenaged girl at a pop concert. Same thing with McCarthy, Shrem, Ver, and Karpeles. Am I the only one here that realizes no one does anything without motivated self interest? This forum isn't discussing a non-profit charity, it's discussing a financial instrument designed to make people money. Greed and avarice are all that matters here and still people are put on a pedestal and given the power to screw everyone.

Do think TradeFortress, Pirate@40 or DeathandTaxes would have been able to rip anyone off if everything they did was questioned and scrutinized from the beginning? You all give them the authority over your finances without questioning anything they do because somehow they end up as God-like creatures on this forum. So, you finally realize what Ver really was all along. Good for you.

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:26:08 PM

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/853250894162350080

Only a node that is mining is a true full node.  The rest are just slowing down the propagation of blocks between the real full nodes.

At this point, I am convinced Roger Ver is compromised and is posting absurd shit like this to tip us off.

Sorry, that is a fail. Anonymous trolling.

Roger Ver does post some shit - doesn't everyone?
At least he is a real person, putting his real opinion out there and his personal rep on the line.
He probably believes it. I can argue with or against his opinion. "Roger Ver" is not compromised.

Any account calling themselves "anonymoustroll" carries zero credibility with me.
I respect any real human's right to converse over anonymous trolls, x 1000's.

(oh look, this thread has turned into another blocksize/segwit debate, nothing to do with the thread title)
Quantus
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:38:04 PM

Only a node that is mining is a true full node.  The rest are just slowing down the propagation of blocks between the real full nodes.

At this point, I am convinced Roger Ver is compromised and is posting absurd shit like this to tip us off.

At least he is a real person, putting his real opinion out there and his personal rep on the line.
He probably believes it. I can argue with or against his opinion. "Roger Ver" is not compromised.

Any account calling themselves "anonymoustroll" carries zero credibility with me.

(oh look, this thread has turned into another blocksize/segwit debate, nothing to do with the thread title)

If he believes it or not no one should be lessening to him.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:43:59 PM

If he believes it or not no one should be lessening to him.

Your right, block your ears, close your eyes. Don't lessen to him.
Just trust anonymous trolls to think for you, you'll be fine.
Quantus
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:44:55 PM

If anyone is a troll its you.
Your whole depiction the Bitcoin Talk community blatantly false.

The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:51:15 PM

Why would you want a 3 way split?

And why would you be willing to increase block size without fixing transaction malleability. The chines miners are reordering transactions and creating fake transactions (causing bloat and higher fees) or just pumping out empty blocks just to increase efficiency. Do you support this behavior?
Its detrimental to the whole network. Allowing them more space to create more fake transactions would just give them more of an unfair advantage leading to faster consolidation and centralization of the mining community. The bloat will lead to higher costs for full node operators again leading to consolidation and centralization of the relay network further weakening us to the possibility of Ddos attacks.

No winners = start again.

Apparently there are other ways to fix malleability. Segwit can only have increase capacity if people use them. If users don't upgrade then the benefits will be small.

No i do not support the miners' behaviour at all. I am in discussing with another user on here to see if there is another way. I haven't done coding since the early 1990s and hate coding, but love the software design via flowcharts. However i do others things and new coding language is something i am not up to speed with. Previously i just left it to the Core and developers to propel Bitcoin forwards using Satoshi's whitepaper as a guide. It seems that nefarious entities are trying to wrestle Bitcoin for themselves. I am just rapidly trying to get up to speed and hopefully, with like-minded BTC users, propose another solution. The current proposals are no good.

..C..

rizzlarolla

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:39:29 PM

If anyone is a troll its you.
Your whole depiction the Bitcoin Talk community blatantly false.

Don't talk shit.

I'm a troll, but not someone called anonymoustroll?
I don't understand this community, yet am able to find 1000 farmed accounts and 100,000 hacked accounts?

My post was on topic, and directly in response to OP, an anonymous troll called anonymoustroll.
I find it repulsive that an anonymous troll called anonymoustroll can gain any credibility himself, or give discredibility to others by starting such a thread.
I have an opinion, i gave an explanation.

Where the fuck did you pop up from with all your delusion?
Your off topic here. Start a thread about my trolling and lack of forum understanding or gtfo of my face.
The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:02:18 PM

This forum is so entertaining.

Roger Ver - Bitcoin Jesus Angel Investor -> Roger Ver - hated dumbass

Gavin Andresen - Lead Dev Super Special Bitcoin Foundation Paid Coder God -> Gavin Andresen - hated dumbass

Mike Hearn - Google Engineer to Bitcoinj's Dev Daddy and Bitcoin Super Core Coder -> Mike Hearn - hated dumbass

Charlie Shrem - Bitcoin Entrepreneur and Super Promoter -> Charlie Shrem - Inmate

James McCarthy - GLBSE Operator, first international trip using only Bitcoin, forum moderator -> James McCarthy -> Illegal Exchange Operator, Thief, hated dumbass

Erik Voorhees - Super Bitcoin Promoter, Super Dice Blockchain Spammer, IPO God, BirdFeeder and Exchange Operator -> Illegal IPO Operator, Scammer, Thief

Peter Vessenes - Bitcoin Foundation Savior, Entrepreneur, MtGox Savior -> Peter Vessenes - Scammer, Thief, Liar, hated dumbass

Mark (MagicalTux) Karpeles - Main Exchange Operator, Revered Bitcoin God, Founding member of The Bitcoin Foundation -> Mark (MyButtholeHurts) Karpeles - Largest Thief in Bithistory, Scammer, Inmate, despised dumbass

And On and on and on and on and on

BTC is full of "gangs". it depends of their interests what people are "good" or not  Smiley

It's not about gangs or being good. The characters from Bitcoin history I mention above are not at fault. They did nothing wrong. The people in this community are the problem. What I meant with the above is how the Bitcoin community has always praised people for their involvement and put them on a pedestal believing every word out of their mouths. They never simply respect their involvement, thank them, question every step they take and wait for results. In 2011-12 I used to watch people wet themselves every time Gavin made a new thread. They drooled over him like a teenaged girl at a pop concert. Same thing with McCarthy, Shrem, Ver, and Karpeles. Am I the only one here that realizes no one does anything without motivated self interest? This forum isn't discussing a non-profit charity, it's discussing a financial instrument designed to make people money. Greed and avarice are all that matters here and still people are put on a pedestal and given the power to screw everyone.

Do think TradeFortress, Pirate@40 or DeathandTaxes would have been able to rip anyone off if everything they did was questioned and scrutinized from the beginning? You all give them the authority over your finances without questioning anything they do because somehow they end up as God-like creatures on this forum. So, you finally realize what Ver really was all along. Good for you.

You are right to an extent. My sole belief is to get Bitcoin scaled up and have wider acceptance according to Satoshi's whitepaper - Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. Just wishing everyone else would think along those lines.

..C..

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: