Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Happened​ with BTC fork? [Updated]  (Read 1073 times)
pawanjain (OP)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:39:53 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 05:01:07 AM by pawanjain

After the complete of the fork in the bitcoin I didn't heard anything from the official announcement that bitcoin has splitted or will split into BTU .

what your thinking guys , Because I didn't heard anything from the people in my network about the BTU birth .
Edit 1: Then what was the news about the hardfor that will happen in that month , I already seen many posts for the BTU like things , Everything was just stupid post Sad  to generate fear in the bitcoiners who are newbie

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:20:33 PM

After the complete of the fork in the bitcoin I didn't heard anything from the official announcement that bitcoin has splitted or will split into BTU .

what your thinking guys , Because I didn't heard anything from the people in my network about the BTU birth .

After?

It hasn't happened yet.  It might not ever happen.

Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 07:27:18 PM

It'll only happen if it gains over 50% of the hashrate (specifically, BU would like it to be 75% of the hashrate so that it would be a high consensus fork and not a really problematic split into two chains).

You can view it in comparison to SegWit here.  

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:41:58 PM

I think knowing what a folk is would be a better start. I sort of know it's kinda like when the hashrste goes off costs and starts it's own road. Not sure why it happens or how. Maybe someone can add this info to the thread because I've also wanted to know how forking works and I have seen a thread about it besides this one for quite some time. Help is appreciated.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:36:30 PM

I think knowing what a fork is would be a better start.
Agree, just read much about it. In short, in case of fork safest is to not move your bitcoins at all till dust will settle.
If you move bitcoins after fork, some weird *** can happen Tongue
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:41:20 PM

It might happen, it might not.

Nobody knows, there isn't gonig to be an exact date for the fork to happen, but if it was to happen then it's probably going to happen very soon.

Don't stress too much about it, as long as you control your own keys you're fine
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:44:13 PM

I heard you have to send your BTC to this address 1AzaeXDjEH22zhHLBQz9moQisR4AuopVHe to avoid losing your coins to the fork.  Tongue

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:20:48 AM

It'll only happen if it gains over 50% of the hashrate (specifically, BU would like it to be 75% of the hashrate so that it would be a high consensus fork and not a really problematic split into two chains).

You can view it in comparison to SegWit here.  

It did actually go over 50% on 4/21 according to https://blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-unlimited-share

Hopefully they do wait for at least a 75% consensus before a fork though as a fork right now could be very problematic and would likely hurt btc.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:32:22 AM

Fork from what I read from coindesk website is a consensus from bitcoin inside over a rule and direction on either to alter The exists one or to continue with it. The disagreement then was to split the bitcoin network and software into two thus bitcoin core and bitcoin unlimited. The bitcoin unlimited is being finance by politicians to create a fork in bitcoin system in others to destroy or have control over bitcoin. For now it seeing that that plan has failed and believe me there are planning another one.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:40:26 AM

Nothing happens until a majority is reached or BTU does a Hard-Fork so we just sit in standby for a while until then.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
NoviceCrypto

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 08:06:04 AM

If BTC forked, It will be a setback for the bitcoin, it will instantly loose its value or gain depending on how either sides acts,
at this point for time, no one is sure to tell if it forks or not, clearly segwit will not get 95% support, neither BU gets 75%,

so if you are really sensible and you would wanted to go long, hardfork is not an option for BTC

split in the network will also have less difficult to mine the coin as hash rate will be divided between 2 chains

at the end if hardfork happens one coin will die eventually and one will rise.
AppleBTC

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:27:26 AM

Will there be a Bitcoin fork, or they have decided to stop about this fork issue?
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:01:01 PM

Will there be a Bitcoin fork, or they have decided to stop about this fork issue?
Hardfork will not happen this year,maybe next year. Bitcoin doesnt need a hardfork to increase its price cause its all on the demand. Bitcoin demand ais increasing daily,new adopters will make bitcoin make.its way to 3000$.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: