Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 09:47:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opiates, methamphetamine and cocaine killed 52k americans and 250b$ out in 2015  (Read 1368 times)
DocGTR

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:25:28 PM

There is no excuse to use drugs. For me it is acceptable to use drugs only in those cases when a person is terminally ill and in pain, but it should do the doctor. In all other cases the drugs are poison. I am very concerned about the talk about the legalization of all drugs.

It is up to the individual to decide which type of drug he want to take, and when he should take them. Sometimes, people take drugs such as heroin so that they could relax. In other occasions, people use stimulants such as cocaine, to get energy.
Yes you will get extra energy, but the effect is not long lasting. Then you will need to rest more than usual to restore power. Why should you? I heard about the use of ecstasy in the army, when I had to do a lot of work, but after the soldiers have become addicted to this practice was ended. I am against the use of drugs for any purpose.

It's only at first glance it seems that you get energy. In fact, drugs are very much exhausting and destroying the body, then it takes a very long time to recover.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:27:13 PM

There is no excuse to use drugs. For me it is acceptable to use drugs only in those cases when a person is terminally ill and in pain, but it should do the doctor. In all other cases the drugs are poison. I am very concerned about the talk about the legalization of all drugs.

It is up to the individual to decide which type of drug he want to take, and when he should take them. Sometimes, people take drugs such as heroin so that they could relax. In other occasions, people use stimulants such as cocaine, to get energy.
Yes you will get extra energy, but the effect is not long lasting. Then you will need to rest more than usual to restore power. Why should you? I heard about the use of ecstasy in the army, when I had to do a lot of work, but after the soldiers have become addicted to this practice was ended. I am against the use of drugs for any purpose.

Yes.. the effects from cocaine and methamphetamines are not long lasting. But the users will be happy even if they get a temporary boost of energy for two or three hours. In fact, that is the sole purpose of the party drugs. And regarding drug intake by the soldiers, I have also heard about it a lot. Especially in the third world nations, a lot of soldiers use synthetic drugs.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:46:49 PM

I think the government should try and stop people from overdosing and dying from drugs rather than making a profit out of it. If you regularize hard drugs like Meth and Cocaine, you are just killing your own country.

Meth and cocaine are already "legal", i.e., available at affordable cost with little or no penalty, to kids in most places. And who is "the government" that should "try..." to do things? Do you mean society? Government is not society, it is a sort of business built by some people in society to get certain things done.

Legalization of drugs is the way to the degradation and destruction of mankind. People will not comply with any moderate dosage allegedly for medical purposes. And the worst thing is that it will become more affordable for children and they will not even be able to live to adulthood.

"Legalization" is not about whether children can get drugs. Children always have first pick of the available drugs. It's about the opinions of a small group of people who believe that they should use force to make people pretend to learn what they think they know.

... There has been an aggressive push to over prescribe opiates in certain parts of the country. Check the rates at which they dole this shit out; there was a county somewhere that had prescribed enough painkillers that every citizen should have gotten a few hundred.

Also, while I approve that we are helping addicts instead of incarcerating them with this, where was all this rehabilitation shit during the crack epidemic? Black folks ate a long legal dick during the crack epidemic. We locked their asses up, and filled the prisons with a generation of addicts. No talk of solving the problem, we were 'tough on crime' back then.

Kinda like now, under Sessions. But you will never see the massive uptick of inmates behind this, like in the 80s. Now that the demographic of addition has shifted (white, rural rather than black, urban), so have the treatment priorities.

An M.D. is a business license. If a person wants to help people survive or cure diseases they don't need a license. But if they want to cash in they do. Drug dealers are at least honest in that they aren't pretending to be something other than drug dealers.

As for the crack epidemic, there was a famous journalist in the early 80s who wrote about the mechanics of the crack epidemic, starting with the use by people in government of cocaine to make a profit under cover of patriotism. Inequality of penalties for crack vs powder were calculated and reflect the racial values of the people in power. Other countries, including African countries, do the same.

Prison is a bigger issue. There are states in the south where more than 1% of the population is incarcerated and often several percent of the black people are in jail at any given time. This might have been societally surviveable in a sense a hundred years ago, but there is nothing driving the United States to ruin today as much as the fact that it uses the cage to solve any problem. "School" is where a person goes to learn, it doesn't matter whether you call it "school" or "prison" or whatever.

I'm ambivalent about drug legalization. On one hand I understand the practicalities. Legal manufacturers can be regulated and so the quality of their products would be better, hopefully reducing deaths. These manufacturers are also taxable and so the gov't also earn money. The question is what drugs should be made legal. Another is the tendency of certain drugs to increase resistance, requiring the use higher doses or more potent drugs.

I'm not sure about recreational marijuana but I heard that this don't cause as much violence as meth. Hopefully people also don't build resistance to it.

Do you think that people should learn things? Or do you think the government should be in charge of making things such that nobody has to actually think? Should government's purpose be to make all the important decisions in a person's life?

... I heard about the use of ecstasy in the army, when I had to do a lot of work, but after the soldiers have become addicted to this practice was ended. I am against the use of drugs for any purpose.

If a person wants to use a drug to "do their job better", that should be their choice, they get the benefits and pay the price, their responsibility. People in management, including government zombies, should not impose their opinions on others though, including if they have an opinion that improving performance through drugs is good. Hitler made it a lot further than he would have otherwise by using drugs. It helped him a lot in the short term, but he would argue that the short term is where a person lives anyway.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: