Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:41:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First post and an interesting question to the "experts",,Asus EAH3870 X2 1GB  (Read 825 times)
hitndahedfred (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:28:20 AM

I have a pretty nice Video card I have been using for a while and would like to use it to mine litecoin.

I have been CPU mining for a few weeks with fair results but I want to start this card working

It Is an Asus EAH3870 X2 1GB, It is AMD powered and a has a hefty amount of computing power.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2008/05/08/asus-eah3870-x2-1gb-graphics-card/1

I ran GPUID and saw this card does NOT support openCL but was linked to the AMD APP SDK site for
more software. My question is can I use SDK APP to link my GPU to my CPUs in the box I am currently experimenting with?

I have the "newest" drivers that are available and still no luck

The Biostar mobo IS running AMD X2 procs at 3.6Ghz and I also have 6 gigs of ram.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to get openCL to "work" with this card?
I am litecoin mining ,, sorry for not saying earlier.

I appreciate any and all replies.

"hit"

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:32:24 AM

That's not a "pretty nice card". That's a stone age HD 3870. It's so old it's not even listed in the usual hardware comparison charts, which means most likely no one ever got it to run with a gpu miner.
hitndahedfred (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:20:22 PM

That's not a "pretty nice card". That's a stone age HD 3870. It's so old it's not even listed in the usual hardware comparison charts, which means most likely no one ever got it to run with a gpu miner.
=====================================================================

When I got it was.

It has served well for years.  But it is not worth messing with then I take it so,,,,,

Off to get some new stuff then.

Thanks for the reply even tho the "sarcasm" was not needed.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:35:25 PM

Thanks for the reply even tho the "sarcasm" was not needed.

You did link to a 5 year old review of your card that you say is nice.... I'd say it was a little deserved.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:01:47 PM

I wasn't even sarcastic.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: