Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:52:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding 6th GPU to my rig. Ideas?  (Read 278 times)
chris3296 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:25:30 PM

Hello everyone,
currently Im running my first rig with 5x MSI rx 470 8gb (Micron). They get only around 119MH/s on Ethereum even though I flashed the BIOS.

Now Im sitting on a 6th GPU, the Powercolor 480 8gb Red Devil(Samsung).

When I connected the Red Devil onto my 6th GPU slot (Mainboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUShttps://www.notebooksbilliger.de/msi+z270+gaming+plus/?nbb=pla.google_&wt_cc2=912-0001_Hardware_304529&gclid=Cj0KEQjwldzHBRCfg_aImKrf7N4BEiQABJTPKOAzPxaLaPrnUlUlZjyM13ucYu6IHLfzS_FPNKC-LOsaAi5y8P8HAQ)
booted my rig up and just received major graphic issues, a crash and was not able to boot into windows anymore. So I installed windows 10 again and was able to recover the rig running with the 5 GPUs.

On a seperate system I now connected the Red Devil and the card seems to be working fine.

I cant really make any idea what was the problem.. Maybe because the other cards were 470s and the new one has problems with the drivers? Maybe because I have put it into the 6th GPU slot? since Ive read that many Mainboards seem to have trouble when connected to multiple GPU.

Before I will destroy my windows again i would like to know if anyone knows this issue or has an idea what could have happened  Grin maybe it is not possible to run those simultaniously anyways?

Cheers guys  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: