Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins 4 cash  (Read 2112 times)
nx2059 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2010, 02:00:19 AM

i tried to send an email to madhatter but it bounced back with this

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

themadhatter@mail.i2p

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found

Does any body know if he is still running the site?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2010, 04:56:31 AM

from the bitcoin4cash.com website, his email is stated as themadhatter@i2pmail.org
try that.

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
November 22, 2010, 05:17:18 AM

You need to be using I2P to send mail directly to mail.i2p. Otherwise you need to use a mail gateway, as nanotube suggested.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
FlyingMoose

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 04:36:00 AM

I was going to use his service, but when the market moved against him (we had agreed on a rate) he stopped responding, and then when it moved back against me, he quickly got back to me.  So I don't trust him.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 04:56:10 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2010, 05:06:15 AM by The Madhatter

Huh? I don't know what FlyingMoose is talking about.

I don't pull any nasty tricks like that.

I'm in the process of automating B4C now. Customers will be able to lock in a rate instantly without having to email with me back and forth. I'm sure it will make the experience better for myself and my customers. Smiley
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 05:04:37 AM

I've got some bad news for you FlyingMoose, The Madhatter has a great deal more trust equity to burn through around here than you do, so if this dispute comes down to hesaidshesaid, you are more likely to suffer the distrust of others than him.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Anonymous

November 23, 2010, 05:26:01 AM

I'm in the process of automating B4C now. Customers will be able to lock in a rate instantly without having to email with me back and forth. I'm sure it will make the experience better for myself and my customers. Smiley

Your new bitcoin2cc site looks awesome.
FlyingMoose

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 05:43:50 AM

You gave me a rate quote of about .27, good for 2 days.  I agreed, but you didn't send the instructions until 6 days later (so there was no way I could have completed the transaction within the 2 days).  By then the rate had gone down quite a bit.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 05:44:39 AM

I sense some bad blood brewing. This could get out of hand.

The Madhatter

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 06:10:50 AM

Huh?

You emailed me on the 17th wanting to trade, I replied with a quote (@0.2739) which read: "If we have an accord, please reply and I'll send delivery instructions.".

You replied today (22nd) wanting those instructions right after the price moved over 0.30.

Nice try.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 06:17:10 AM

Miscommunication issue, I sense.

FlyingMoose

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 06:21:43 AM

I'm sorry, but I think you're looking at someone else's messages.

You emailed me on Nov 9 at 4:25 AM with a quote of "$20 USD @ 0.27175 - 3% commission = 71.39 BTC"  I emailed you back on Nov 9 at 9:54 AM accepting.

You didn't send me the instructions until Nov 15 at 5:37 AM.

(all times are Eastern).

Note that this was around the time it was spiking to .50.

I will be happy to post your PGP-signed messages if you'd like.
The Madhatter

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 06:36:26 AM

Ahh.. I was confusing you with someone today who was trying to rip me off. My apologies. Smiley

Yes, I see all of the correspondence now. I sent you a quote on the 9th, and replied with delivery instructions on the 15th. You replied again saying that you had made other arrangements.

That was during that gap of time when I was relocating my office. (It's mentioned briefly on the forum.)

I wasn't trying to screw with you or anything. I really was away. Smiley

Automating the site should solve problems like this going forward.
FlyingMoose

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 06:47:13 AM

Ok, thanks for your reply.  I do wish you had acknowledged the delay and told me whether or not the quote was still good, but I understand how difficult moving is.
The Madhatter

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 06:51:44 AM

Thanks for being so understanding. Smiley
FlyingMoose

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 07:01:20 AM

You're welcome, and my apologies for saying I don't trust you.  It was pretty wild when the price spiked to .50, everyone gets emotional when markets are volatile.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: