Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:48:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or Mine? : My investment strategy in the cryptocurrency market  (Read 1873 times)
empowers (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 09:54:02 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 11:55:22 AM by empowers

Background

Already invested in traditional markets (stocks, real-estate, savings, bonds), I recently raised my interest in the cryptocurrencies.

I looked at differents aspects : blockchain theory, ICOs, bitcoin and altcoins, main currencies value and chart evolution, mining (DIY and cloud). I rapidly was excited by this new eldorado and the opportunities that could emerge.

To resume my main question was :
Should I buy/sell currencies or produce them?

It seems that the currencies are at their hignest, can potentially continue their progression but you have to take position rapidly in order to buy and sell at the good moments.
It is something I am already used to with the stock market and therefore not so attractive anymore and also time consuming.

The other option is original because of the mine allegory.
Who did never dream to find a gold mine and exploit it?

Is cryptocurrency mining profitable?

I began to produce altcoins with minerGate on my MacBook Pro.
The app selects the most profitable altcoin (mostly with CryptoNight algorithm) to mine based on its hash rate and coin value : at this time it was Monero (XMR). My computer was hardly managing to mine at 100 H/s.
After one day of continous mining and maintaining the power of my Mac, here are the stats :
  • 0.00727 XMR (equivalent to $0.3 at the time I made it)
  • 0.96 kWh ( equivalent to $0.1)
  • profit of $0.2 !!!

Wow it works, but it will take a lot of personal computers to make the difference.

The way to earn big money is to see at a bigger scale : increase the Hash rate while maintaining the costs low.

Cloud Mining

So I began to look at the well known cloud mining solutions : Genesis Mining, HashFlare, ViaBTC,…
I eliminated rapidly bitcoin mining because of the low profitability and also the unknown duration of contracts.

I took a look at Genesis Mining (GM) and HashFlare (HF) offers with the only currency they have in common : Ethereum.
Both propose a duration limited contract with no additional fees (maintenance or electricity).
So I compared offers that generate the same amount of ETH (if difficulty is constant): 100 MH/s for 1 year (HF) and 50 MH/s for 2 years (GM) and computed the daily profitability (pd), ROI.

pd = ({daily generated coins}*{ETH value} / {daily cost}) - 1

Results :

• HF: pd = (0.0938 * $205.49)/(2200/365.25)-1= 220% ; ROI = 114 days, 251 pure profit days
  • GM: pd = (0.0469 * $205.49)/(1450/730.5)-1= 386% ROI = 150 days, 580 pure profit days

Of course there is no guarantee that the ETH value will stay the same and that with the difficulty increasing you can generate the same amount of coins every day, but there is so much space for profit in these conditions and also the ETH has still a big potential.

Reminder : Never borrow to invest, nor invest money you can't afford to lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:02:58 PM

And in other unsolicited advertising news....
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:15:46 PM

Background

Already invested in traditional markets (stocks, real-estate, savings, bonds), I recently raised my interest in the cryptocurrencies.

I looked at differents aspects : blockchain theory, ICOs, bitcoin and altcoins, main currencies value and chart evolution, mining (DIY and cloud). I rapidly was excited by this new eldorado and the opportunities that could emerge.

It seems that the currencies are at their hignest, can potentially continue their progression but you have to take position rapidly in order to buy and sell at the good moments.
It is something I am already used to with the stock market and therefore not so attractive anymore and also time consuming.

The app selects the most profitable altcoin (mostly with CryptoNight algorithm) to mine based on its hash rate and coin value : at this time it was Monero (XMR). My computer was hardly managing to mine at 100 H/s.
After one day of continous mining and maintaining the power of my Mac, here are the stats :
  • profit of $0.2 !!!

Wow it works, but it will take a lot of personal computers to make the difference.

The way to earn big money is to see at a bigger scale : increase the Hash rate while maintaining the costs low.

Cloud Mining

So I began to look at the well known cloud mining solutions : Genesis Mining, HashFlare, ViaBTC,…
I eliminated rapidly bitcoin mining because of the low profitability and also the unknown duration of contracts.

I took a look at Genesis Mining (GM) and HashFlare (HF) offers with the only currency they have in common : Ethereum.
Both propose a duration limited contract with no additional fees (maintenance or electricity).
So I compared offers that generate the same amount of ETH (if difficulty is constant): 100 MH/s for 1 year (HF) and 50 MH/s for 2 years (GM) and computed the daily profitability (pd), ROI.

Results :

• HF: pd = (0.0938 * $205.49)/(2200/365.25)-1= 220% ; ROI = 114 days, 251 pure profit days
  • GM: pd = (0.0469 * $205.49)/(1450/730.5)-1= 386% ROI = 150 days, 580 pure profit days

No need to say you what I did...

Of course there is no guarantee that the ETH value will stay the same and that with the difficulty increasing you can generate the same amount of coins every day, but there is so much space for profit in these conditions and also the ETH has still a big potential.

If you liked the share of information and are ready to mine in Genesis-Mining, you can use this promo code to get a 3% discount on your order :  NvOz9A

it is such a coincidence. I'm looking for a solution on how to invest in altcoin.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:55:50 AM

And in other unsolicited advertising news....
Correct, this seemed like those ads that try their best to not seem like ads, the post started in an interesting way and it gave some numbers and the thread seemed very interesting and then he got into cloudmining and immediately my head was like, what? And then at the end we receive an add that if you subscribe through him you will get a small discount code of 3%, so this is nothing but a disguised ad and no one should pay attention to it.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:45:44 AM

Background

• profit of $0.2 !!!

Cloud Mining

Results :

No need to say you what I did...

If you liked the share of information and are ready to mine in Genesis-Mining, you can use this promo code to get a 3% discount on your order :  NvOz9A

In the past mining is a very good source of income but now it remains still in the past especially when in your country the electricity is expensive. I prefer trading more than any other and a lot of people have made a considerable amount of money there. Never trust clouding mining because most of it if not all turn out to be a scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
empowers (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 11:59:33 AM

Ok guys, this topic is not an ad but my share of experience
Btw I removed the promo code part so that people dont get shocked...
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:13:23 PM

Thanks for sharing this!
I also prefer trade then mine, trading is much more fun Wink.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:27:18 PM

Thanks for sharing this!
Mining requires huge capital and great electrical energy as well. For me, the trade is more profitable although it remains a big risk.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
empowers (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 09:12:47 AM

Thanks for sharing this!
Mining requires huge capital and great electrical energy as well. For me, the trade is more profitable although it remains a big risk.

With cloud mining you can invest the amount you want, and you will produce your coins that you can then trade.

Let's take into account the difficulty increase and the Ether price evolution in 2 Years in order to compute a more realistic profitability of Ether Mining with GM offer.

Ether :
current value $190
current difficulty 450T
Future profits estimated on My Crypto Buddy

Ether value change-80%-50%-30%-20%0%20%50%100%200%500%
profit. Diff incr. 10T/m-37%57%120%152%214%277%372%529%843%1787%
profit. Diff incr. 50T/m-61%-2%37%56%96%135%193%291%487%1074%
profit. Diff incr. 120T/m-75%-38%-14%-2%23%48%85%146%269%638%

Consequently investing in Ether Cloud Mining allows to outperform the Buy/Hold strategy in a 2 years period
thebitcoinkiddo

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:23:51 AM

I think mining is better if you have the capital because it doesnt have the same amount of risk as trading. sure trading can be more profitable but you can also lose all your coins too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: