Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 12:40:49 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FREE] ckpool.org ZERO FEE SPLNS no registration mining pool  (Read 61661 times)
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1932

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:16:22 AM

Ping.

Not much more I can do to raise hashrate further but say we're all still here mining away.

In obliquely related news it appears all the major pools have come to an agreement behind closed doors and will activate segwit. They'll be doing it on their own terms insisting on a 2MB hard fork a year later but at least it will clear the air for segwit and allow bitcoin to move on beyond this absurd stalemate.

this has been the greatest growth in marketcap ever.

and  all of the crypto coin world is thriving.

So I don't see the stalemate that you see.

But that is what starts fights between good people.

If segwit comes it will radically change the game.  Since I have a foot in the btc camp and the alt coin world I hope to survive the change.

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2352

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 04:24:56 AM

and  all of the crypto coin world is thriving.

If segwit comes it will radically change the game.  Since I have a foot in the btc camp and the alt coin world I hope to survive the change.
I'm aware you're against segwit and basically feel exactly the opposite way you do about it but of course only time will tell. The stalemate I spoke of was the lack of ability of any change to be accepted. That would hurt bitcoin long term. The market capitalisation seems to be completely dissociated from what's been going on in the development space which is in itself reassuring because it means it's the economy itself that is driving value up. Nonetheless economy can go on driving the value fine, but engineering is still required to develop the network further - be that fatter, wider, more compressed, bigger, smaller, smarter, more anonymous, more features, smart contracts, whatever... The excitement regarding the huge fees from miners comes at the cost of disgust from the users at the huge fees. Leaving it as is long term is not viable. We don't really want to be in a situation where one group is antagonising the other; we're supposed to all be benefiting from the design and network.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:31:37 AM

and  all of the crypto coin world is thriving.

If segwit comes it will radically change the game.  Since I have a foot in the btc camp and the alt coin world I hope to survive the change.
I'm aware you're against segwit and basically feel exactly the opposite way you do about it but of course only time will tell. The stalemate I spoke of was the lack of ability of any change to be accepted. That would hurt bitcoin long term. The market capitalisation seems to be completely dissociated from what's been going on in the development space which is in itself reassuring because it means it's the economy itself that is driving value up. Nonetheless economy can go on driving the value fine, but engineering is still required to develop the network further - be that fatter, wider, more compressed, bigger, smaller, smarter, more anonymous, more features, smart contracts, whatever... The excitement regarding the huge fees from miners comes at the cost of disgust from the users at the huge fees. Leaving it as is long term is not viable. We don't really want to be in a situation where one group is antagonising the other; we're supposed to all be benefiting from the design and network.

which is why i split my choices since I view it from economical viewpoint more then a technical viewpoint.

I hope those that are all in segwit only  all or nothing  don't get burned.

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 08:15:30 AM

Now that I've seen the draft for the agreement, it appears the segwit activation by the large pools is actually going to be their own implementation associated with a 2MB hard fork in September this year and won't even use the existing segwit bits meaning it will be incompatible with any existing bitcoin node software out there by core, BU, or anyone else. Umm....  Huh

-ck
ComputerGenie

Activity: 462

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:03:53 AM

... and won't even use the existing segwit bits...
While it's no secret that I dislike segwit, it should also be no secret that I see an adoption of segwit that isn't coded by the wonderful folks at Core as a blessing to Bitcoin itself. Much like folks stopped seeing IE as the "official" browser of the internet; there needs to come a day of reckoning where the devs either bow to the wants/wishes of the marketplace (and not the wrong way round) or they get left behind.

If you have to ask why, you wouldn`t understand my answer.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:10:30 AM

While it's no secret that I dislike segwit, it should also be no secret that I see an adoption of segwit that isn't coded by the wonderful folks at Core as a blessing to Bitcoin itself. Much like folks stopped seeing IE as the "official" browser of the internet; there needs to come a day of reckoning where the devs either bow to the wants/wishes of the marketplace (and not the wrong way round) or they get left behind.
Um, no, they'll be using segwit as coded by Core. They're just going to add a hard fork to it and use a different bit.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:18:07 AM

Um, no, they'll be using segwit as coded by Core. They're just going to add a hard fork to it and use a different bit.
And in one fell swoop, you took me from  Grin to  Cry

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

On a more "on topic" note:
With BTC pushing towards $2,200USD and alts not moving in the normal inverse direction, I may have to switch to 1 day on and 1 day off (instead of 2 on and one off). Bitcoin is where most of my loyalties lie, but I have to keep my main loyalty to the economics of what buys me more toys faster.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:42:32 AM

Sorry. To be honest what I want more than anything else is peaceful resolution; instead things get more volatile every day. None of this seems to be hurting bitcoin value one bit, but then as I said to Phil, that's economy based, but the technology has the potential to make things a lot better... or a lot worse. Sigh.

Anyway I started a thread specifically to discuss this with a lot more detail which is only indirectly related to this pool thread here for anyone who wants to discuss the significance of it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1928093.0

Meanwhile, let's work on slowly building that hashrate up and find a block. Looks like hoping on a big miner joining any time soon is hopeful thinking and I/we should accept that it's going to happen the hard way slowly.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:44:57 AM

With BTC pushing towards $2,200USD and alts not moving in the normal inverse direction, I may have to switch to 1 day on and 1 day off (instead of 2 on and one off). Bitcoin is where most of my loyalties lie, but I have to keep my main loyalty to the economics of what buys me more toys faster.
Yeah I know. If we were finding blocks and bigger by now it wouldn't be the case...
* -ck sighs some more.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:22:05 PM

Yeah I know. If we were finding blocks and bigger by now it wouldn't be the case...
* -ck sighs some more.
True. There will (I truly believe) come a day where the pool size will grow to the point where I can stay full-time. For most folks, there's only a marginal income difference; however, with "profit switching", numerous PoS wallets, and some auto-trade code, the income from current markets for me mining alts vs bitcoin is nearly 2:1.  Shocked

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

Sorry. To be honest what I want more than anything else is peaceful resolution; instead things get more volatile every day. None of this seems to be hurting bitcoin value one bit, but then as I said to Phil, that's economy based, but the technology has the potential to make things a lot better... or a lot worse. Sigh.

Anyway I started a thread specifically to discuss this with a lot more detail which is only indirectly related to this pool thread here for anyone who wants to discuss the significance of it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1928093.0

Meanwhile, let's work on slowly building that hashrate up and find a block. Looks like hoping on a big miner joining any time soon is hopeful thinking and I/we should accept that it's going to happen the hard way slowly.

I will check the thread out.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:22:47 PM

Ping.

Not much more I can do to raise hashrate further but say we're all still here mining away...
FWIW, even on my "off" days I still have one three of my LN bastardizations running @ ~ 5.1TH each. Cool
It They likes low-diff alts less than you do. Tongue

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 09:04:27 PM

Ping.

Not much more I can do to raise hashrate further but say we're all still here mining away...
FWIW, even on my "off" days I still have one three of my LN bastardizations running @ ~ 5.1TH each. Cool
It They likes low-diff alts less than you do. Tongue
Awesome, all (asic) hashes are welcome and every little bit counts  Kiss

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:18:18 PM

Is it wrong that there's a part of me that wants to get blocks and hashrate just to see the code and that it works as expected?  Tongue
#g33k

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 09:48:55 PM

Is it wrong that there's a part of me that wants to get blocks and hashrate just to see the code and that it works as expected?  Tongue
#g33k
Absolutely not, that's obviously exactly how I feel. If it makes you feel any better, no one has invested as much in this pool as I have so I have a lot on the line myself.

-ck
gt_addict

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:31:24 PM

Come on Block, lets get cracking you and get you out the way!!

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
xxooss

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:45:11 PM

Ok added a couple of miners...lets do this!
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 08:44:38 PM

Come on Block, lets get cracking you and get you out the way!!

Yes please Smiley

Ok added a couple of miners...lets do this!

Thanks!

There are now 129 unique users in the payout queue and 239 unique users in total. Assuming people have taken my advice of only using the one username that's a surprising number of users despite a still very modest hashrate. I'm hoping that many of those users are holding more hashrate to their name and waiting for the pool to solve its first block before adding more here. It's also good to see so many small miners anyway since the idea of the pool was to provide a haven for them where otherwise it may be impossible for them to get a payout.

Now hang in there and let's crack this.

-ck
xxooss

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:08:48 PM

Yes that is a lot of miners but as you say if people followed your advice that would mean a lot of SINGLE miner users right? Being a haven for the guy/gal with one gekko is the whole idea...I like it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.