Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:36:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ckpool.org CLOSED  (Read 162553 times)
MA40

Activity: 785
Merit: 524

--- I ❤ Ƀ ---

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:25:24 PM

Hi.

Congratulations for the second block.

My Bitcoin address is 15keDbeoKBGUwttEiD9GJz4EiSeSTUwmos, I've seen that I'm not in the payouts group, I'm in the postponed group. Can you please explain what does that mean?

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to the pool and new to the mining Bitcoin.

A greeting.

¿Qué sucedería si se enfrentara una fuerza imparable contra un muro inamovible?
ChessFaucet.com - Gana bitcoins jugando al ajedrez contra el ordenador. ♟♟♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜♟♟
⚡ Lightning Address: ChessFaucet@coinos.io
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:30:56 PM

From the 1st page:
Interleaved rewards - Each time a block is solved, the top 100 miners will receive a payout while 50 of the remaining smaller miners will receive a payout. Rewards will alternate between the smaller miners according to who has waited the longest for a payout. Rewards accumulate from blocks worked on even if miners are not scheduled for a payout with that block. This is done to minimise the size of the coinbase transaction to minimise latency, maximise mining hardware compatibility, and to make sure miners don't receive many small payouts which would lead to much larger fees when spending their reward.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
MA40

Activity: 785
Merit: 524

--- I ❤ Ƀ ---

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:45:21 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 08:11:57 PM by MA40

From the 1st page:
Interleaved rewards - Each time a block is solved, the top 100 miners will receive a payout while 50 of the remaining smaller miners will receive a payout. Rewards will alternate between the smaller miners according to who has waited the longest for a payout. Rewards accumulate from blocks worked on even if miners are not scheduled for a payout with that block. This is done to minimise the size of the coinbase transaction to minimise latency, maximise mining hardware compatibility, and to make sure miners don't receive many small payouts which would lead to much larger fees when spending their reward.
OK, thank you.

I think I understood it.

A greeting.

¿Qué sucedería si se enfrentara una fuerza imparable contra un muro inamovible?
ChessFaucet.com - Gana bitcoins jugando al ajedrez contra el ordenador. ♟♟♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜♟♟
⚡ Lightning Address: ChessFaucet@coinos.io
bussumseheide

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:38:02 AM

what is the current herp /derp /lns needed to get in the top 100 for the next block?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 10:15:34 AM

what is the current herp /derp /lns needed to get in the top 100 for the next block?
Looks like a sustained hashrate of about 350GH at the moment. It would take a while to build up to that but higher hashrates would do so faster.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Mathen

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 02:08:18 PM

We've been consistently over 2P for a day now.  I get that we've got a guy who is in and out as his rentals are being used, but we were consistently at 1.89-1.9P before when he was in pool.  Looks like we're growing a bit.  Smiley
oonaee

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:58:31 AM

my worker in postpone list but never mind I understand my miner so small. but next time  i will be in Payout list. hehe Grin
4ever4apple

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 10:00:53 PM

Congrats to every one of us)) Thanks Col for the second!)
MikeyKing

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:49:19 PM

I just wanted to make sure I understand how the payouts work..

1.) Is herp affected by how many shares are accepted, share size, hashrate ? My best share was in the hundreds of millions - never billions yet.. I am using two S9's, s4, s5, and two Avalon's..

2.) I'm just curious what's the fastest way to raise herp..  multiple miners with different worker names ? I didn't set up a proxy.. does that help? And does hero drop if I don't mine here..  I see a lot of people in payouts above me aren't currently mining.. so maybe that helps the people mining move up faster ? If they are dropping down in value ?

I'm currently in the payouts section around .016?Huh?

3.) So right now I get paid that amount on the next block?

4.) when I search my username, it also says postponed: 1

5.) could I be scheduled for the next payout and be postponed for the one after ?  I wouldn't be in payouts if I wasn't scheduled to receive a reward ?  I'm just nervous why I would have a one next to postponed.. I was postponed before last block; so maybe that's what it is caclulating...

Lastly 6.).  How does derp play into all this?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 01:23:12 AM

I just wanted to make sure I understand how the payouts work..

1.) Is herp affected by how many shares are accepted, share size, hashrate ? My best share was in the hundreds of millions - never billions yet.. I am using two S9's, s4, s5, and two Avalon's..

2.) I'm just curious what's the fastest way to raise herp..  multiple miners with different worker names ? I didn't set up a proxy.. does that help? And does hero drop if I don't mine here..  I see a lot of people in payouts above me aren't currently mining.. so maybe that helps the people mining move up faster ? If they are dropping down in value ?

I'm currently in the payouts section around .016?Huh?

3.) So right now I get paid that amount on the next block?

4.) when I search my username, it also says postponed: 1

5.) could I be scheduled for the next payout and be postponed for the one after ?  I wouldn't be in payouts if I wasn't scheduled to receive a reward ?  I'm just nervous why I would have a one next to postponed.. I was postponed before last block; so maybe that's what it is caclulating...

Lastly 6.).  How does derp play into all this?
1. Yes, but in essence over time it equals your overall contributed accepted shares.
2. Fastest and only way to raise herp is with more hashrate. There is no magic combination of miners, division of work, proxying, or anything that can affect your accepted shares, only total hashrate. Herp currently is not dropping at all until we've found our first 5 blocks. Your proportion of the pool goes down over time though unless you keep mining.
3. If you're in payouts you're due to get paid on the next block.
4. Postponed 1 means you were in the postponed queue for 1 block so far.
5. You cannot adjust your scheduling. It would be unfair on everyone else. You'll be paid on the next block anyway.
6. Derp is your current predicted payout in bitcoin.

-ck
puntpasskick

Activity: 46
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:01:08 AM

I took some of my earnings and rented a little time from Mining Rig Rentals. I don't think I got the best rate, however I'm happy with how easy and quick the ordering process was to go through. I'm going to continue with that practice of renting some time after each block we find. I was able to jump up four spots on the payout list within a single day. 

If you are not mining at ckpool.org, you are just doing it wrong.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:05:38 AM

I took some of my earnings and rented a little time from Mining Rig Rentals. I don't think I got the best rate, however I'm happy with how easy and quick the ordering process was to go through. I'm going to continue with that practice of renting some time after each block we find. I was able to jump up four spots on the payout list within a single day. 
I don't understand the "after each block" part of your strategy. The reward system isn't hoppable; there is nothing to gain as to when to choose to mine and not mine here.

-ck
puntpasskick

Activity: 46
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:27:42 AM

I don't understand the "after each block" part of your strategy. The reward system isn't hoppable; there is nothing to gain as to when to choose to mine and not mine here.

I'm properly misunderstanding something, but after each block, does our hash rate revert back to zero? I didn't think it did. So by reinvesting some of my earnings, I would gain more of a payout faster then I would with my typical old miner. Correct? 

If you are not mining at ckpool.org, you are just doing it wrong.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 03:29:21 AM

I'm properly misunderstanding something, but after each block, does our hash rate revert back to zero? I didn't think it did. So by reinvesting some of my earnings, I would gain more of a payout faster then I would with my typical old miner. Correct?  
No. It all continually accumulates regardless of whether we've found a block or not. The "accepted" and the "diff" shown in pool stats has no bearing at all on payouts. The only effect a block might have on payouts is on ultra small miners who have only just reached payout threshold as to which next block they'll get paid on.

-ck
MikeyKing

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:47:47 AM

Thank you so much for explaining that to me.. I really appreciate it.

So is the payout in correlation to the amount of hashpower put in... - or is it a percentage breakdown out of 100...

Like does 1st place get a percentage of the block
ex.) 3rd place gets 19% of the block reward

or is it calculated by amount of hashpower put in;
ex,) payout = hashpower x X

best,

- Mike
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 04:03:15 AM

So is the payout in correlation to the amount of hashpower put in... - or is it a percentage breakdown out of 100...

best,

- Mike
Both. Your hashpower contributed divided by the total pool hashpower multiplied by the block reward.

-ck
MikeyKing

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:15:56 AM

best,

- Mike
Both. Your hashpower contributed divided by the total pool hashpower multiplied by the block reward.

Thank you sir. This will make it perfectly clear for me. I just want to make sure i understand.

is it my total pool lifetime hash or only current block total accumulated hashpower contributed divided by total pool hashpower toward block or lifetime?

or is it my current hashpower divided by current pool hashpower at time of block solving?

thank you ck sama,

- M
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 04:19:29 AM

Thank you sir. This will make it perfectly clear for me. I just want to make sure i understand.

is it my total pool lifetime hash or only current block total accumulated hashpower contributed divided by total pool hashpower toward block or lifetime?

or is it my current hashpower divided by current pool hashpower at time of block solving?
Your total over the last 5 blocks' worth divided by the pools' over the last 5 blocks worth. The fact we haven't gotten up to 5 blocks' worth means that it's whatever it's been till the start.

-ck
Scorppro

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:10:48 PM

I'm running 2 Gekkoscience 2pacs on a Raspberry Pi 3 and was given an Antminer U3. Is it possible to run all 3 from the Pi? I'm only using Raspbian with cgminer. Do I need Minera?

All replies are appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
MikeyKing

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:04:42 AM

Do rentals help? I just added 1.2 Petra for 4 hours to see if it can help our luck!

- Mike
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: