Bitcoin Forum
February 17, 2020, 07:17:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162]
  Print  
Author Topic: ckpool.org ZERO FEE SPLNS no registration mining pool US/DE/CN  (Read 157357 times)
evade_57

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 04:38:07 AM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

Luck and having some mfg's point their testing/burn-in miners here would help a lot also.

But i think things might change later.

Counting on it!

ck, really appreciate your service to the community!   Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 04:50:38 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

Every bit's appreciated, but we really need more like 2EH.

So 2 blocks in one week with (less than) 2PH and then even less than 1PH... or am I wrong? At least that's what https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin reported anyway...

BTW my recent observations on multiple pools reveal a completely different/opposite picture than the popular opinion goes. Looks like smaller pools with fewer competing miners improve the overall pool efficiency, I guess it could be due to small pools by design/usage "relieve" the inevitable technical bottlenecks any large pool has. Just an intuitive guess of mine.
vickersja

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 04:55:56 PM

Your source does show that the last block found by CKPool (not solo) was 6 hours ago - if I am reading it correct.  However the btc.com block page shows the last block just shy of a year ago. 
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2142

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 05:15:22 PM

So 2 blocks in one week with (less than) 2PH and then even less than 1PH... or am I wrong? At least that's what https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin reported anyway...

BTW my recent observations on multiple pools reveal a completely different/opposite picture than the popular opinion goes. Looks like smaller pools with fewer competing miners improve the overall pool efficiency, I guess it could be due to small pools by design/usage "relieve" the inevitable technical bottlenecks any large pool has. Just an intuitive guess of mine.

certainly looks to be a reporting error on someones part.

blockchain.info has that block at unknown not ckpool

I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 448
Merit: 284

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 05:30:29 PM

If you look at the "pool" that blockchain.com says found it, it is 32LA7cmsj35LH7cK1MjvwyoLEmYpuWAD9k which is also the top (#1) payout on ckpool. Not 100% on what it reports or who's account that is but it is a ckpool user at the very least.
TheYankeesWin!

Activity: 467
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 06:59:10 PM

If you look at the "pool" that blockchain.com says found it, it is 32LA7cmsj35LH7cK1MjvwyoLEmYpuWAD9k which is also the top (#1) payout on ckpool. Not 100% on what it reports or who's account that is but it is a ckpool user at the very least.
I get this info

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/00000000000000000007c7186fd29956197dc96222b8db62334d73054efc33fc

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3P8sR3K8wAk3bom7tqpr5VrzCz9TVYNTQd

that address you mention is here

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/32LA7cmsj35LH7cK1MjvwyoLEmYpuWAD9k

does not show a block for 616785
PassThePopcorn

Merit: 284

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 07:44:13 PM

I get this info

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/00000000000000000007c7186fd29956197dc96222b8db62334d73054efc33fc

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3P8sR3K8wAk3bom7tqpr5VrzCz9TVYNTQd

that address you mention is here

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/32LA7cmsj35LH7cK1MjvwyoLEmYpuWAD9k

does not show a block for 616785
Hmm didn't know 616785 was one from ckpool, I just went to ckpool.org and clicked on the blocks found. When I reattempt now I get a different page that has the list of each block and not a redirect to btc.com/pools/ckpool like before. Kind of seems like a server error being thrown or something being changed.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1219

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 08:16:12 PM

Mining difficulty is now lightyears higher than it was back then, and the pool was bigger for periods during (the now defunct) halongmining burn in.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org, 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
evade_57

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2020, 03:50:47 PM

S17 rental added for 24 hours

Added to my awesome 1.2Ths daily hashing  Roll Eyes
MagicByt3

Merit: 288

Buy BTC

View Profile
February 12, 2020, 06:22:08 PM

How about a signature campaign or some advertising of the pool? 

Big respect to you CK for keeping it rolling for the community but it's a two way thing we should be getting out there spreading the word I for one won't mine on other pools never have I think a lot of us would be more than happy to try get some more people to the pool and signatures may help some what obviously on a voluntary system to show the support for your efforts CK.

Thoughts?

Custom Bitcointalk .999 Silver Bars
[Limited Edition Auction Ends 18th Feb 2020]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5225031.0
minefarmbuy

Activity: 672
Merit: 173

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2020, 03:42:18 PM

We have links on our site and do some twitter posts every so often.

I love hearing that ckpool doesn't have the bells and whistles others have when others lack so much.
Nothing is as anonymous, no fee, others hold your coins for you, and getting paid from coinbase to node has no better joy than seeing a pick axe on your core UI.

Essentially with stratum protocol as it is you can't do better. Largest hashers always get their money and little guys will creep into payout eventually. Same as a pool who would charge you to hold your coins anyway, likely with a minimum withdrawal.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
vickersja

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 01:34:29 PM

I just want to point out that we were at 999TH/s.  I turned on my Antminer S5 and we are sitting at 1.01PH/s. 

So, you're welcome.  Smiley 

Happy mining everyone!
Artemis3

Activity: 560
Merit: 773

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 02:42:54 PM

We have links on our site and do some twitter posts every so often.

I love hearing that ckpool doesn't have the bells and whistles others have when others lack so much.
Nothing is as anonymous, no fee, others hold your coins for you, and getting paid from coinbase to node has no better joy than seeing a pick axe on your core UI.

Essentially with stratum protocol as it is you can't do better. Largest hashers always get their money and little guys will creep into payout eventually. Same as a pool who would charge you to hold your coins anyway, likely with a minimum withdrawal.

That minimal withdrawal is terrible for the smaller miner. Many of those pools only allow 0.01₿ withdraws which can easily take a couple of months with a 10THs miner.

And most take a 4% pool fee...

I don't know what better improvements could stratum have, is the Slush v2 proposal worth it? I personally like the compression part, or having your farm use a (local) proxy that does it for you.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 02:59:12 AM

Mining difficulty is now lightyears higher than it was back then, and the pool was bigger for periods during (the now defunct) halongmining burn in.

https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin
29. ckpool.org

1.13 PH/s

7 hours
gcanelson

Activity: 106
Merit: 44

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 03:55:33 AM

How about a signature campaign or some advertising of the pool? 

Big respect to you CK for keeping it rolling for the community but it's a two way thing we should be getting out there spreading the word I for one won't mine on other pools never have I think a lot of us would be more than happy to try get some more people to the pool and signatures may help some what obviously on a voluntary system to show the support for your efforts CK.

Thoughts?
I'm still here.
I'm quiet, but I'm still here.
I'm a senior citizen. So, in my life, I've learned that things take time. I started mining as something to keep my mind busy while I recovered from a heart attack. It took several months for me to find -ck and this pool. Tonight, I'm looking back at some early spreadsheets... end of May 2018 - 5 2Pacs and 1 shiny new R808! Sitting 579 places away from my first payment. In those days, I was filling out spreadsheets 6 or 8 times a day. But after all this time, I now only do that once or twice a day. Why? The GS equipment I have from sidehack is boring. It just works! And -ck's pool and solo are boring. They just work. For me, that's what I was looking for. Things that worked and worked well enough to be boring. These days, I'm often in the top 50 - just waiting for the next block. I'm not bored... I'm patient. I've found what works best, and I'm staying with it. Thank you -ck for this pool. I tell all my co-workers, friends and relatives. In addition to using it, that's what I do for this pool.

The block, an obstacle in the path of the weak, became a stepping-stone in the path of the strong.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1219

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2020, 03:57:06 AM
Merited by MagicByt3 (2), gcanelson (2)

I don't know what better improvements could stratum have, is the Slush v2 proposal worth it?
To be honest, nothing much, and not really... Most of the issues with Stratum are really more about the syntax, and order of messaging, and so on. It's efficient enough for any sized mining, and having it in readable text is always going to be more useful than binary. The gains from binary communications really aren't worth it as stratum just doesn't use much bandwidth at all. There's no meaningful improvement in V2 with anonymity, efficiency, decentralisation, or anything really, but I didn't want to discourage development. However I doubt I'll ever "upgrade" to V2, and don't really see much point for anyone else doing it. The pool-client relationship is here to stay as is. People are tied to a pool, they don't want insane complexity.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org, 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
MagicByt3

Merit: 288

Buy BTC

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 01:34:31 PM

I don't know what better improvements could stratum have, is the Slush v2 proposal worth it?
To be honest, nothing much, and not really... Most of the issues with Stratum are really more about the syntax, and order of messaging, and so on. It's efficient enough for any sized mining, and having it in readable text is always going to be more useful than binary. The gains from binary communications really aren't worth it as stratum just doesn't use much bandwidth at all. There's no meaningful improvement in V2 with anonymity, efficiency, decentralisation, or anything really, but I didn't want to discourage development. However I doubt I'll ever "upgrade" to V2, and don't really see much point for anyone else doing it. The pool-client relationship is here to stay as is. People are tied to a pool, they don't want insane complexity.

I know we are straying a little off topic here but what are your thoughts on this paper CK?

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.06545.pdf

I don't recall this getting much attention at the time but some of the attacks it can mitigate against are real threats, I wondered why I had not seen the proposals in this document being discussed on the forum at any point and I would love to know your thoughts on the paper.

Magic

Custom Bitcointalk .999 Silver Bars
[Limited Edition Auction Ends 18th Feb 2020]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5225031.0
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.