Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:02:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty] 0.01BTC to help me figure out what's wrong with my mining pool  (Read 589 times)
yogg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 04:19:49 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2017, 05:01:02 PM by yogg

Hey,

I just started a pool with uNOMP, I could add litecoin fine : it's running nice and smooth. We haven't found a block yet but shares are accepted.
However I tried to add some nist5 coin : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1848351.0

At first, when the pool script fires up, I see this :

What bothers me is that it says :
Code:
Detected Reward Type : POS

It should be POW. (Similar lines appear for the litecoin thread, but it shows POW correctly where POS is displayed in image above)

Then when I try to connect a nist5 miner to the pool, I get the following :

I see the miner connects to the pool, but no share is submitted, nothing happens. It hashes into thin air.

Anyone has a clue about what's happening ? How to make electra minable here ?
I think it's because the pool detects the reward type as POS. Any idea to force it to take POW for electra ?

I will award a 0.01BTC bounty to the person who gives the hints that solves this issue.

Thanks for your help  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:23:15 PM

I think it's because the pool detects the reward type as POS. Any idea to force it to take POW for electra ?
Which stage the project is in ? If I understood their original post correctly,they switch from POW to POS after certain conditions have been met.This is just merely a conclusion after going through the thread,now let me study the technical stuff and I'll update the post if I figure out something.

Edit : Mind showing me your code ? You're using the node version for mining right ?
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 06:55:20 PM

Which stage the project is in ? If I understood their original post correctly,they switch from POW to POS after certain conditions have been met.This is just merely a conclusion after going through the thread,now let me study the technical stuff and I'll update the post if I figure out something.

Edit : Mind showing me your code ? You're using the node version for mining right ?

The Electra project is currently in the PoW stage. It's at block ~2000 as of now and it's PoW until block 11810.
From block 11811, it switches to PoS only.

Yes, I'm using the node version. This is the pool software I'm using : https://github.com/UNOMP/unified-node-open-mining-portal

Let me put some config files there :

coins/electra.json :
Code:
{
    "name": "Electra",
    "symbol": "ECA",
    "algorithm": "nist5",
    "peerMagic": "fbc0b6db",
    "peerMagicTestnet": "fcc1b7dc"
}

(I left the same peerMagic as there was in the litecoin.json file. I didn't edit it when I launched LTC. May that be the issue ? If yes, what does this value represents ?)

pool_config/electra.json :
Code:
{
    "enabled": true,
    "coin": "electra.json",

"auxes": [  ],
    "address": "ESJBG5FCA7hgYZt3ztM1CjyQKLsgtJuSC7",

"rewardRecipients": {
        "EHdVVoUM7XaVcxcY5S7EH1RLtQwU9DyFSt": 1
    },

"paymentProcessing": {
        "enabled": true,
        "paymentInterval": 30,
        "minimumPayment": 0.01,
        "daemon": {
            "host": "127.0.0.1",
            "port": 5788,
            "user": "Electrarpc",
            "password": "(hidden)"
        }
    },

"ports": {
        "4100": {
            "diff": 8
        },
        "4200": {
            "diff": 32,
            "varDiff": {
                "minDiff": 8,
                "maxDiff": 512,
                "targetTime": 15,
                "retargetTime": 90,
                "variancePercent": 30
            }
        },
        "4300": {
            "diff": 256
        },
"4400": {
   "diff": 4096
},
"4500": {
   "diff": 8192
},
"4600": {
   "diff": 32768
}
    },

"daemons": [
        {
            "port": 5788,
            "user": "Electrarpc",
            "password": "(hidden)"
        }
    ],

"p2p": {
        "enabled": false,
        "port": 9333,
        "disableTransactions": false
    },

"mposMode": {
        "enabled": false,
        "port": 3306,
        "user": "me",
        "password": "mypass",
        "database": "ltc",
        "checkPassword": false,
        "autoCreateWorker": false
    }

}

If you need to see anything else, please tell me !

Thank you very much for looking into this issue, Joel Smiley
onnz423alt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:13:42 PM

I don't think unomp by default is compatible with that algo but i could be wrong. Anyway good luck trying to solve it!

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:26:08 PM

I don't think unomp by default is compatible with that algo but i could be wrong. Anyway good luck trying to solve it!

Hmmm this is what I thought at first too, so I tried to put "NIST5" in the coin/electra.json file as an option for the algo.
When I started the pool, it gave a warning like NIST5 is not supported.
I don't have that error with "nist5" (lowercase) so I believe this algo is supported.
onnz423alt

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:50:25 PM

Hmmm this is what I thought at first too, so I tried to put "NIST5" in the coin/electra.json file as an option for the algo.
When I started the pool, it gave a warning like NIST5 is not supported.
I don't have that error with "nist5" (lowercase) so I believe this algo is supported.

Im not sure but personally i think the problem might be with outdated poolscript. If possible try with this newer one that is getting updated, it even officially offers an option for that algo: https://github.com/UNOMP/node-merged-pool

Edit: to me it seems like the pool script is not able to properly communicate with the coin daemon so you might want to double check all of the configs.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:59:45 PM

Have you declared any variables specifically for POS/POW ?
Also,as per their documentation ,those fields are optional

"peerMagic": "fbc0b6db", //optional
    "peerMagicTestnet": "fcc1b7dc" //optional

Maybe try running the pool again without those config settings? Do you maintain logs in the tail anyway ?
onnz423alt

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:05:52 PM

Also,as per their documentation ,those fields are optional

"peerMagic": "fbc0b6db", //optional
    "peerMagicTestnet": "fcc1b7dc" //optional

Maybe try running the pool again without those config files ? Do you maintain logs in the tail anyway ?

Yep those magic valus are optional and only used for p2p block notifications.

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 08:13:27 PM

Im not sure but personally i think the problem might be with outdated poolscript. If possible try with this newer one that is getting updated, it even officially offers an option for that algo: https://github.com/UNOMP/node-merged-pool

https://github.com/UNOMP/node-merged-pool says :
Notice
This is a module for Node.js that will do nothing on its own. Unless you're a Node.js developer who would like to handle stratum authentication and raw share data then this module will not be of use to you.

Unfortunately, this is not an entire pool software.

Edit: to me it seems like the pool script is not able to properly communicate with the coin daemon so you might want to double check all of the configs.

What makes you think that ?
When I start the pool, it's script tells me the current blockchain height and last block difficulty of Electra. (see 1st picture in OP)
If the pool script is able to retrieve this data, it got it from the daemon so I think they communicate smoothly.

Maybe try running the pool again without those config files ? Do you maintain logs in the tail anyway ?

Now this is interesting. I also think there is an issue there, since the coin is in PoW stage and the pool sees it as PoS.
There is no setting anywhere about that. Seems like the pool retrieves the reward type from the coin daemon.

I have removed the magic variables and yeah it doesn't change a thing.

About the algorithm, I know it's supported.
User coolindark runs http://coinminers.net/ and he offers wywern which is a nist5 coin.
We use the same pool software. He shared his config file and we have the same settings, except for ports and other environment variables.

I think the issue may be coin related. I'm curious as of why is it seen as a POS reward coin.

Here is the output of the coin getinfo :

Code:
{
    "version" : "v1.0.0.0",
    "protocolversion" : 60013,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 1950,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 1000000026.60937500,
    "connections" : 10,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "104.131.19.87",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 1.25608541,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00024414
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1492300332,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00001000,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
I see both reward type here..

May that be because of a poorly coded coin ? I also know there is one MPOS pool that offers this coin. Maybe uNOMP can't take it ?
onnz423alt

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:22:56 PM

What makes you think that ?
When I start the pool, it's script tells me the current blockchain height and last block difficulty of Electra. (see 1st picture in OP)
If the pool script is able to retrieve this data, it got it from the daemon so I think they communicate smoothly.

It might be a poorly coded coin or just some problems with compability. I think its weird it does not show the network hash at all to the pool.

To me the whole coin seems broken if you check this out: http://eca.acc-pool.pw/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Seems weird doesn't it?

Well i've done best i can do with my little knowledge about unomp. Let me know if you ever decide to make a cryptonight pool, im better on that Tongue

Good luck and have a nice day!

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 08:35:47 PM

To me the whole coin seems broken if you check this out: http://eca.acc-pool.pw/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool
Seems weird doesn't it?

Yeah it is weird !! Weird that this outdated MPOS pool can support that coin !  Grin
The coin is in a weird state right now. Giving ridiculously low reward for a few thousands blocks, so it doesn't interest a lot of people.
What comes next with this coin is more interesting. (in a few weeks..)

Well i've done best i can do with my little knowledge about unomp. Let me know if you ever decide to make a cryptonight pool, im better on that Tongue
Good luck and have a nice day!

Thank you very much for your help and your suggestions. Smiley
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:02:41 PM

start diff is too high. use lower float diff! like 0.1,  0.01 or 0.00001
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: