Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:52:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin obstructionists  (Read 1385 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:54:47 PM

#3 Fiendcoin

Reference thread: This one with quotes to other threads

Description:

A no-substance troll that essentially makes no real arguments.  Only attacks those that oppose Blockstream/Core.

That's your opinion just like its mine that you are a big block/anti-core/anti-blockstream shill much like franky1.

Like cockroaches, shills don't like having a light shined on them. If shills get trolled in the process, that's life.

Don't forget to add my very informative thread on trolls and shills or is that no substance as well?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1880606.0

I said my peace here, I'll leave it at that, thanks.

What's up with witch hunt threads lately? OP is included in an equivalent self moderated thread by someone from the other side. If you disagree with things people say, don't expect others to follow you just because you have labeled said people.

At the very least, don't self-mod your thread if you want to promote discussion...

Self moderate threads let you filter out things such as name calling and fighting off topic, I don't have a problem with that. If Jonald wants to delete my post that's his prerogative.

You've just proven my point -- you have no technical or logical argument as to why you support core's scaling roadmap or why big blocks are bad.   Because you either know that such positions are indefensible (or at least highly contestable) or you're simply a troll.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:54:20 AM

If core blockstream's road map is bad, why is it being supported on litecoin by the same miners who claim to hate it on Bitcoin?

maybe its easier to let the blockstream and DCG portfolio guys go play with litecoin and centralise litecoin and leave bitcoin as the open diverse decentralized peer network

if you cant fight an invading force, atleast offer them a neighbouring field to make into their kingdom

Who is censoring now and regurgitating buzzwords from Reddit.

Edit: I guess ALL the miners are in blockstream's pocket now? I wonder what you and your brethren will move onto when SegWit becomes active on Bitcoin and this drama is over? I can't wait!

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:03:48 AM

If core blockstream's road map is bad, why is it being supported on litecoin by the same miners who claim to hate it on Bitcoin?

maybe its easier to let the blockstream and DCG portfolio guys go play with litecoin and centralise litecoin and leave bitcoin as the open diverse decentralized peer network

if you cant fight an invading force, atleast offer them a neighbouring field to make into their kingdom

Who is censoring now and regurgitating buzzwords from Reddit.

did i get your post deleted? is blockstream a buzzword or a corporation name.
P.S i am not even registered on reddit.

to me reddit is like fox news, racial slurs and threats of attack unless a certain line is toed

its funny how r/bitcoin has been noticed how its ok to talk about litecoin alt and elements:segwit alt or anything that is backed by the blockstream/DCG portfolio

but if anyone mentions anything negative about the elements:segwit alt, or litecoins adoption of the same said alt or DCG portfolio.
or positive about implementations that are part of bitcoin but not blockstream supported they get deleted. much like your thread

cant you atleast admit your own motives one more time

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:05:59 AM

i would prefer to keep the thread clean, i will start pruning comments espeically if they are quoted

FiendCoin

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:14:51 AM

franky1, core = blockstream = bankers is straight script from r/btc

My motives are what is best for my investment in Bitcoin, which is following the best and most experienced, diverse development team and their road map.

If another development team comes around with great ideas that are at least as good as core's or better even, I'd get behind them 100%.

Right now we have core and their road map. Litecoin will prove its the best and we can finally move past all of this.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:30:30 AM

"which is following the best and most experienced, diverse development team and their road map"
"team"
"their"

my morals and ethos is that teams come and go.
when you start to see bitcoin as us and ours meaning EVERYONES. instead of "theirs" you will see things better

so i only support code and things that count towards the direction of bitcoin over the next 120 years. not some team and their temporary road pothole filling patch thats half baked that wont last long

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:31:00 AM

franky1, core = blockstream = bankers is straight script from r/btc

My motives are what is best for my investment in Bitcoin, which is following the best and most experienced, diverse development team and their road map.

If another development team comes around with great ideas that are at least as good as core's or better even, I'd get behind them 100%.

Right now we have core and their road map. Litecoin will prove its the best and we can finally move past all of this.

Its possible you're not an intentional shill... just short sighted and a bad listener  Wink

I think you are behaving like an adult in this moderated thread (I don't mean that in a patronizing way)
but in the past you've often simply just acted like a robot "big blocks are bad, core is good bleep bleep".

If your main argument is that "Core has the most experience", well at least that argument has some merit.

You still seem to blindly follow their roadmap though and attack others who question it without being
able to refute their arguments or even discuss the issues.

Here's some food for though.  I asked Greg Maxwell 3 important questions yesterday,
here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1877167.msg18690546#msg18690546

I do not think he will answer them, and I do not think he CAN answer them without
being unconvincing, (which is why he won't answer them).  

My challenge to you is to answer the questions and discuss the actual issues.  Can you?

FiendCoin

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:59:17 AM

I can’t really answer for Greg, he’s probably not answering you because he is tired of the debate bullshit that has been going on. I can give you my take on your questions though. If you continue to be reasonable, I may have to take you off my shill list  Smiley

franky1 has a loooong way to go though  Cheesy

1. Why do you only talk about centralization threats via node cost increases and never (at least that I've seen) discuss the possible centralization that comes from forcing users off the main chain via high fees.  This moving of users from 'Layer 1' to 'Layer 2' is the obvious outcome of transforming the peer to peer electronic cash system envisioned by Satoshi into a 'Bitcoin-as-a-Settlement-Network'. 

From my understanding, you need both bigger blocks and 2nd layer solutions to deal with future transactions when adoption grows exponentially. The Core road map even says so. Bigger blocks on their own won’t be enough. Even Jihan Wu is behind Lightning Network.

2. Will you even confirm or deny that you want Bitcoin to be a settlement network?  You should at least be able to answer this simple question.

This may be the natural progression for Bitcoin in the future when side-chains take over. It does not mean that this will be bad thing. As long as there are multiple services available and people can choose with whom to deal and are not forced into one centralized service like lightning network, I don’t have a problem with it.

3. Why do you still refuse to give the community the blocksize increase we've been asking for, for years?  Please, no political answers of "but Segwit IS an increase".  The miners are rejecting this.  50%+ of hashpower today is signaling for big blocks.   Why can't you accept the 2mb+segwit proposal?  Are we still stuck on the "HF are bad" narrative?

Again, the Core road map calls for SegWit first and blocksize increase later, just like they are doing with Litecoin. I would support a threshold for increase the blocksize like they have agreed to on Litecoin. How about you?

4. You accuse everyone of being manipulated pawns when we don't embrace the core roadmap, but what is so bad about 2mb or a well coordinated HF?  Can you admit that a large section of community (including prominent developers) feels the arguments against these things are unconvincing?. You called for a 'fee market', you got it.  Are you happy with the high fees and network congestion?   Are you aware of the significant decline in Bitcoin marketcap dominance, or that companies like Dell and Fiverr no longer accept Bitcoin?  In other words, do you still think your economic policies are good?   These are serious questions.

I am against any hardfork without high majority of support like 95%+. The last thing I want to see is a fork with multiple chains and the price of Bitcoin crashing due to confusion and fear. This is why I don’t support UASF, seems too risky to me. However, if UASF is the only way forward because a small group of miners are blocking progress for no reason other than their own personal agenda (like ASICBOOST), I would have no choice but to support it. IF multiple chains are the only way forward, then so be it.

Progress must be made, stagnation is bad. Can you agree with this?

SegWit would alleviate high fees and network congestion, at least for a while, which is why I would support a threshold to increase the blocksize after SegWit like on Litecoin. Does this not sound reasonable?

All this discussion may be pointless now anyway, if SegWit is successful on Litecoin, there will be no reason to block it from Bitcoin. If SegWit is found to be flawed once active on Litecoin then the debate will rage on and I'll look for another solution to get behind, my confidence in Core would have been greatly diminished.

jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:04:37 PM

thanks for the reply.

I  believe the miners don't trust Core to do a healthy increase later if Segwit is done first, that is
why they are blocking it...

We could go back and forth for 10 pages about the merits of segwit or raising blocksize and
if us two people had to come to some kind of compromise, we'd likely end up with segwit plus
a block increase together... but Core won't compromise at all.  Heck, even Sergio's recent proposal of segwit now plus 2mb
at a fixed later date sounds very close, but Core didn't go for that either.  They only want segwit
now and maybe bigger blocks at some vague future point.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: