Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:13:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT/IGNIS scam  (Read 2238 times)
nicolaennio (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:09:14 PM

Hi all,

The IGNIS distribution model looks like a scam against investors and the NXT subreddit looks like to be full of pumper and dumpers, and haters in general. The whole situation is very sad.

Long story short, NXT developers knew in advance both IGNIS and ARDOR distributions models, which are based on NXT holdings in a period of developers choice, and could have exploited heavily this knowledge by buying NXT before the public could even know about any IGNIS distribution detail (developer's discussions are not public), and then profiting on the pump which came after the announcement. The NXT price chart indeed reflects the most typical pump-and-dump scheme, where after the ARDOR and IGNIS announcements have been made, a 10X increase happens, for then fading out quickly, with dumpers dumping on investors. Moreover, there are not third parties checking NXT developers statements, and it is not clear if the release of IGNIS (or ARDOR for the matter) was necessary. They are justified for "introducing new features", but for the majority of cryptos new features are introduced with soft forks, rather than duplicating coins (chart: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt).

I am trying to make my concerns heard on the NXT subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/6hazwj/serious_concern_about_devs_credibility/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/6gzedp/scamshots/) but I keep getting accused of spreading FUD and they keep reassuring me that developers did not do anything bad. I do not have evidence of any wrongdoing, but the crypto space is full of scammers and being skeptical is very healthy. Moreover, the subreddit is full of "buy buy buy" people.

The whole situation should be clarified for creating a safer crypto environment.

I need help.

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:12:12 PM

Well appreciated that you news about nxt because was about to invest into them.
Now I will be more wary with what coin I invest into now.
Can't be to careful with all these new ones coming out of the woodwork like termites. Angry

nicolaennio (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:08:35 PM

Well appreciated that you news about nxt because was about to invest into them.
Now I will be more wary with what coin I invest into now.
Can't be to careful with all these new ones coming out of the woodwork like termites. Angry

I'm happy if I can be useful. I would stay away from NXT as it is seriously pumping right now and does not seem to have a good risk to
 reward ratio. Investing in cryptos in general is not easy and sometimes it makes you feel wanting centralized regulation... may I ask you to upvote my reddit posts if possible? I keep being scolded there as if I were an evil man.

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
thoreau

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:25:35 PM

I don't think it's a scam.
They have an ICO coming up soon to purchase Ignis.
https://www.jelurida.com/ico
And they started a company to manage the currencies (NXT, Ignis, Ardor).
https://www.jelurida.com/team

All these cryptocurrencies are risky. But maybe Ethereum has the best ratio for potential profit versus risk.
ManUp

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:27:22 AM

OP, I agree.  NXT's price chart has all the makings of a P&D coin.  The crypto market is, inherently, volatile, but no legitimate coin goes up and down 50-60% every few days to weeks (and then repeats the cycle again and again).
Pajulapoiss

Activity: 554
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:00:09 AM

I don't really know whether its a scam or not, As I own 1000 nxt I hope its not.

With the new ARDR blockchain coming out, with all the features of NXT and more. I dont really see any future for NXT. Therefore I'm getting out of NXT and into IGNIS, which will be used as as exchange of value on ardr network.- if I understand the situation correctly. The whole thing is actually a bit hard to follow at times.

Is this a good idea or not, only time will tell.

But I can see how dev's could have used the prior knowledge in their own advantage. Have they or not, its kind of hard to say, it would make sense tho.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
TinyCryptoInvestor

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:42:32 AM

In my humble opinion either all those projects are scams or at least there is a fraud in the model:

I'm talking about Nxt/IGNIS/ARDOR/JINN (Not sure if JINN is asociated to the other Three)

Correct me if I'm wrong:

NXT migrating to IGNIS, ARDOR becaming a superset of those 2.
Neither of them functional, just promising videos.

I bought Nxt and i sold 50% higher. I'll stay out of all 4 unless clear clarification of the reason of those new coins, coin shuffles and a functional software i can test.
aristospetr

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:28:54 PM

The problem is really serious. Do you think that the audit of ICO projects will help to reduce the number of scams in the market?
GeorgeLW70

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:05:09 PM

The problem is really serious. Do you think that the audit of ICO projects will help to reduce the number of scams in the market?
I think that it can really help to solve problem with ICO scams. And if you want i can tell you why.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: