Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:48:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Foxminers?  (Read 26867 times)
nuanicaj

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:26:40 PM

I am in NY and I wrote a complaint the the California Attorney General.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:18:20 PM

Any more news on this scam? I am curious if police have been sent to her address yet.

Given that no police were sent to BFL's facility during the height of their money grab, I kinda doubt that they're gonna to take the time to knock on the door of a 62-year-old woman who has her name on some charter of a business that's 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999% a scam.

On the other hand, if she was a homeowner with the last name Wagner who sold some bitcoins as a hobby, there'll be a SWAT team at home within hours making her young children lie on the floor and be quiet else their brains would be blown out.

Tell the police she's sellin Bitcoins to kids!!!!!!  Wink

Tell the police that kids are masturbating on her petunias while eating Morning Glory seeds.
Hockeybum

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:42:46 PM

The Los Gatos Blvd address is supposedly their office address.  I live 15 minutes away from that address, but wouldn't really know what to look for once I was in.  They could show me something that is all smoke and mirrors and I wouldn't know any better.  Maybe ask them to mine for you for 12 hours and then you can look at your pool page to see the result, that might be a way to show their system is working.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:20:30 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 12:51:48 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

The Los Gatos Blvd address is supposedly their office address.  I live 15 minutes away from that address, but wouldn't really know what to look for once I was in.  They could show me something that is all smoke and mirrors and I wouldn't know any better.  Maybe ask them to mine for you for 12 hours and then you can look at your pool page to see the result, that might be a way to show their system is working.
Not really.
You can either point several real miners at a pool using the same address or username and the pool reports it as 1 big miner or if using Avalons just point the one RasPi node at the pool and again attach as many 741's as needed to equal the supposed hash rate. Either way, the pool reports one user/address or supposed single rig as doing the work with no hint of the actual hardware pointed at that address.

The only reasonable non-hands-on proof is to see the CGminer display showing REAL SUSTAINED WORK. Not a 2-sec blip showing 70THs at zero diff. That is the systems sniffing each other to see how to work together. Display the CGminer header after several hours/days of running so we can see all the sustained stats. Sustained 70THs will be having a local work diff of around 50k or more forced on it by the pools. Sustain 70THs at that diff and then you may have something.

That would at least be a start. Can still be faked but judging from the computer/web skills so far displayed by scammers, well.... Roll Eyes

If a company wants to prove itself:
Display at some of the many Bitcoin tradeshows. Let it be seen, even in prototype format like Hotmine.io did. They demo'd running and near-finalized packaged miners. You know, real functioning hardware?  Hotmine built those 1st miners on their dime and publicly proved they are real.

They did not go straight to taking pre-orders for unseen/unproven tech much less use those same several years old recycled & stolen pictures of supposed Miracle Miners that are seen in every miner hardware scam over and over again.

After that - put demo units into the hands of known trusted reviewers for a month. Let them run/review it and then either return it or buy it from you.

That is how the likes of PandaMiner, Hotmine.io and Ebang went from highly suspected of scam to being at least reasonably trusted sources of hardware. They still need to build up a longer track record but all 3 are off to a very good start to being Reputable with a capital 'R'.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
delicopsch56

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:52:19 AM

Pretty much exactly agree with notfuzzywarms real-life test thinking.

As a real suggestion to you folks physically close to where the LLC is registered, I believe there is more info on that company available via a real visit to the courthouse, sec of state, I forget now or whatever their required agency registration entity there in Cali is than there is online.  Could just be fake additional info, but maybe not.   I've never owned an LLC, but I recall for corp registration in my state there was at least notary requirements and significant reporting duties.  Yeah, that info could be a part of the con too, with further fake identities, but it might not be.  I feel like I have a dog in this fight, but I gots 99 now and I can't prioritize significant time on action this much myself.

Tax thoughts may have some value too.  Pretty easy to rat to the IRS on others I think. I don't like that idea for wimpy stuff or vengeance, but that certainly was Capone's demise.  If this guy actually is just collecting lots of bitcoin or other somecurrency of very significant amounts without reporting a couple different ways that doesn't fit my wimp criteria if he actually delves delivers junk or nada.
lsc

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

21-btc Club

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 06:00:07 AM

I have now scanned the header of my received emails from Foxminer at http://Http://www.iptrackeronline.com/email-header-analysis.php and received the following

It looks like the scammer is sitting in Europe.
Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get more information about this scam?

"21-BTC CLUB" The new class of wealthy elite that becomes increasingly more difficult to join.
www.21-btc.club
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:16:32 AM

Its very glossy site, but then they only need 1 person to pay 20,000 dollars and the money is recouped.

If they do have a miner in production, then we will all have egg on our face.

Never....they should have given proof.....no proof,no miner,simple.I'd rather be wrong than to promote a scam Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:25:47 AM

Its very glossy site, but then they only need 1 person to pay 20,000 dollars and the money is recouped.

If they do have a miner in production, then we will all have egg on our face.

Never....they should have given proof.....no proof,no miner,simple.I'd rather be wrong than to promote a scam Tongue

Im just saying! Calm your jets!

Since Tesla released a self driving car (with a 'simple' software update) nothing surprises me anymore.

Anyone reading this, no, I dont believe they can mine at that speed.

I dont doubt that someone, somewhere is working on an ASIC that will. This company is a scam.

We saw Miner speeds go from 60GH/s to 7TH/s in 5 years. We will see a jump in speed somewhere along the line and probably very soon.

Always buy from reputable company.

Phew!

Oh I'm not pissed,you'll KNOW when I'm pissed off  Cheesy

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:49:36 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 07:32:36 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

<snip>
We saw Miner speeds go from 60GH/s to 7TH/s in 5 years. We will see a jump in speed somewhere along the line and probably very soon.
Hate to pop your shiny glowing bubble vision of What Will Soon Be...  No, we won't and I for one will be damned before I support mention that something along those lines is possible today or even within 2 years. All it does is lend credence to scammer claims. They rely on that bright wide-eyed wonder to pitch their frauds.

Even back in 2013 when 65nm miners were finally moving out the door and 28nm tech miners were being hawked/pre-sold, the current 14/16nm tech had been in development for around 5 years and they had only recently succeeded in making viable test circuits of any sort. It took another 3 years before TSMC, Samsung, and GloFo finally started commercial production of 16/14nm chips.

The next generation of chips targeting the 10nm and 7nm nodes are in the same boat. Just because Bitmain et al say they have a road map to those nodes does not mean they will be soon seen. The very simple reason is that those nodes cannot yet be produced by even Intel or IBM much less TSMC and the others.

Earlier this year both Intel and IBM announced making test circuits at the 10nm node and test structures at 7nm. If past history is any guide that puts test-production of functional main-stream use (eg CPU/GPU) 10nm chips at least 2 years out and 7nm as huge???

edit: looks like the past few months have been a surprise for 10nm node!

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:09:12 PM

<snip>
Hate to pop your shiny glowing bubble vision of What Will Soon Be...  No, we won't and I for one will be damned before I support mention that something along those lines is possible today or even within 2 years. All it does is lend credence to scammer claims. They rely on that bright wide-eyed wonder to pitch their frauds.

Even back in 2013 when 65nm miners were finally moving out the door and 28nm tech miners were being hawked/pre-sold, the current 14/16nm tech had been in development for around 5 years and they had only recently succeeded in making viable test circuits of any sort. It took another 3 years before TSMC, Samsung, and GloFo finally started commercial production of 16/14nm chips.

The next generation of chips targeting the 10nm and 7nm nodes are in the same boat. Just because Bitmain et al say they have a road map to those nodes does not mean they will be soon seen. The very simple reason is that those nodes cannot yet be produced by even Intel or IBM much less TSMC and the others.

Earlier this year both Intel and IBM announced making test circuits at the 10nm node and test structures at 7nm. If past history is any guide that puts test-production of functional main-stream use (eg CPU/GPU) 10nm chips at least 2 years out and 7nm as huge???

I thought Samsung foundry just started to ship mass produced 10nm FF processors in the new S8's.  I remember reading about there advanced 3D transistor structure and big efficiency gains (like 30% better at 40% less power or so).  I hate going OT like this, especially since I think you're still 100% right, it doesn't really make any kind of sense to think miners are getting 10nm chips or magnitudes of better efficiency very soon.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:13:07 PM

<snip>

I thought Samsung foundry just started to ship mass produced 10nm FF processors in the new S8's.  I remember reading about there advanced 3D transistor structure and big efficiency gains (like 30% better at 40% less power or so).  I hate going OT like this, especially since I think you're still 100% right, it doesn't really make any kind of sense to think miners are getting 10nm chips or magnitudes of better efficiency very soon.

I know of a 62-year-old woman residing in California that would disagree with you to your face if by happenstance she ever answers her door again.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:19:39 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 07:58:17 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

No one is even close to shipping production sub-14nm chips. See edit. a big Hmm here...
Engineering samples of test circuits to begin characterizing what to expect from them -- maybe. After the almost-there for a couple years hopes the 16/14nm showed (and even though in now production are still producing horrible yields) most industry pundits still put any 10nm production from even Intel/IBM to be early next year. Even then they still follow that with - maybe.

Edit: Just did a search on Samsung and turned up https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/02/samsungs-got-a-new-10nm-octa-core-chip-with-gigabit-lte-for-flagship-phones/
And from March, http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1331504
https://www.xda-developers.com/intel-claims-next-chip-generation-ahead-samsung/

wtf? There has been NO mention about that kind of progress in the IEEE Spectrum feeds I get. Those cover beyond-bleeding-edge tech and last I read 10nm was still in test-mode so this bears looking into...

Trophonius

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:27:14 PM

The specifications are unbelievable and I mean really unbelievable. I do not think that this is legit. It has been posted multiple times before, but more opinions are of course always better.
themerkle

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:11:04 PM

After going to brenda's address for the second time and her not answering the door I left a note. Here a week later I get a voicemail from her, here it is:

https://clyp.it/2ina4pj3

So I guess right after the scam is outed and people sent her thousands of dollars (I have a guy who told me he lost 25k) she "no longer has time for this"

She also won't return my phone calls.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:33:23 PM

After going to brenda's address for the second time and her not answering the door I left a note. Here a week later I get a voicemail from her, here it is:

So I guess right after the scam is outed and people sent her thousands of dollars (I have a guy who told me he lost 25k) she "no longer has time for this"

Looks like Channel 4 was met with the same response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:00:43 AM

Looks like Channel 4 was met with the same response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

Cheesy Cool Grin Cool Cheesy Cool

You liked that, eh?  Kiss
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:50:10 AM

Cheesy Cool Grin Cool Cheesy Cool

You liked that, eh?  Kiss

Almost like a Rick Roll  Cheesy

delicopsch56

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:05:44 PM

Hadn't noticed this horseshit til today....

18. WHEN WILL THE PRODUCT BE SHIPPED?
We will arrange the shipment within 12-24 hours after full payment, you will receive it within 3-5 working days, except for pre-sale orders.
When the product has shipped we will email you with the shipping details and invoice.

Can't wait to see the "secondary" interpretation of the red...

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:23:48 PM

https://foxminers.com/faq/

B. Locate the defective part and confirm the issue

*If you are able to troubleshoot and are certain which part is faulty you can email us to Contact@Foxminers.com, and maybe we can help you remotely to avoid the shipping.

*If you are not certain how to locate the faulty part, then is neccesary to ship the part to us.

*If the hashboard is burnt, oxidized, broken or you remove the seal placed on boards it will be scraped and can not be fixed. Please do not return it anymore.

https://shop.bitmain.com/workOrderGuide.htm

1. Locate the defective part and confirm the issue.  Buy a spare part?

a.      If you are able to troubleshoot and are certain which part is faulty you can create the repair ticket and ship the part to us. Online troubleshooting?

b.       If you are not certain how to locate the faulty part, please contact us for help. Online consultaion?

c.    If the hashboard is burnt, oxidized, broken or the PIN on it is fallen off, it will be scraped and can not be fixed. Please do not return it anymore. Scrap or not?

It saddens be to learn that Bitmain Technologies is stealing FoxMiners's copy.  Cry Cry Cry
delicopsch56

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:44:42 PM

Publish your customer service policies like that.  Puhlease.  Don't take a PR genius to make the published negative perception on customer service as minimal as possible.  Some of that can happen with no fault by user.  I've had companies replace busted products where cause is indeterminate, both as high valued customer and first time purchaser.  Goodwill is all in customer service!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: