Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:33:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant average processing time?  (Read 913 times)
bit777 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:24:16 PM

What is the Bitinstant average deposit processing time?

I did a deposit 32+ hours ago and don't have anything yet. Their customer support representatives are not the most helpful either.

Is this normal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
firstlast

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:26:04 PM

As of late it's VERY normal. Be patient!
bit777 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:29:24 PM

As of late it's VERY normal. Be patient!

How can I be patient when it is my money on the line. At the very least if they consider themselves a serious business, they need to be more responsive in their customer communications.
bit777 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:34:31 PM

Do they have a phone number or a representative on the forum?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:08:35 PM

now you know why all these swings in prices that the exchanges go through...  very hard to get money into the system

bitinstant isn't the worst though..  they do rely on mt gox i think, when they were down half a day that really froze bitinstant even if you werent putting your money there

they don't try to screw you on the bitcoin price too bad.. in those long delays i always think they are buying low and sell high to you but it doesn't seem they are... i got decent prices even on long waits

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
bit777 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:14:48 PM

So if you buy yesterday on 120 and today it's 200, and they deposit you the bitcoins today, you get it at 200 or 120?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:23:38 PM

Hey everyone!

To answer a few of your questions...

Most orders go thru with no issue.

We offer a wide range of services which involves a number of companies in most transactions.  When something in the chain occasionally breaks or a customer makes an error on their order then it can fail.  Issues should be logged at our main support channel, bitinstant.com/contact.  Your money isn't lost!  Just stuck somewhere in the process.

You can also follow us on Twitter to learn about current issues which may effect your orders.  @bitinstanthelp

Once you've logged your support issue at bitinstant.com/contact you can find me for some almost real time chat here in the forums to learn more about your issue.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.0;topicseen

We're launching a new website soon with new improvements that you've been asking for.  I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.  Smiley
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:26:31 PM

So if you buy yesterday on 120 and today it's 200, and they deposit you the bitcoins today, you get it at 200 or 120?

If we control your actual bitcoin purchase then we can lock your price in once we receive your order.  Smiley
bit777 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:40:28 PM

Good to see the representative. Can you check whats up with my deposit. I did it literally 34 hour ago, a cash deposit. I will send you my info on PM.
Villem Anton

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:46:04 AM

Hey everyone!

We offer a wide range of services which involves a number of companies in most transactions.  When something in the chain occasionally breaks or a customer makes an error on their order then it can fail.  Issues should be logged at our main support channel, bitinstant.com/contact.  Your money isn't lost!  Just stuck somewhere in the process.

URSAY, maybe you then could explain just WHERE is my money stuck for 35 days?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=175712.msg1915123#msg1915123
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:11:19 PM

Hey everyone!

Without providing any order info that is next to impossible.  Sad

Order ID #?  Quote ID #?  Event ID #?  zipzap acct. #?  Anything.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:54:18 PM

Hey everyone!

Order ID #?  Quote ID #?  Event ID #?  zipzap acct. #?  Anything.

I'll repeat what URSAY asked here - i've just gone through your entire post list and can find not a single mention of your order details - this makes it impossible to help you.
Villem Anton

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:21:28 PM

I have posted it a gazillion times to your support, quoted in emails etc.  What do you do with those?  How can it be impossible?  Do you send email and support request to /dev/null?  I have every single bit of every communication with bitinstant - you seem to have none!

OrderID: 32a8e3c8-770e-467f-812b-41753eee7ad9

Your call!

bit777 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:52:01 AM

I did receive my bitcoins last night. Hopefully the deposits in future will be more flawless as the company matures.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:07:27 AM

I have posted it a gazillion times to your support, quoted in emails etc.  What do you do with those?  How can it be impossible?  Do you send email and support request to /dev/null?  I have every single bit of every communication with bitinstant - you seem to have none!

Your call!

When checking your post history here you never once posted any order details, now that you have we've been able to locate and fix your order.
Villem Anton

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:59:09 AM

Your call!

When checking your post history here you never once posted any order details, now that you have we've been able to locate and fix your order.

I received the funds. Thanks, at last, after 36 days.

As you, flat out accuse me of lying and not providing order information, lets look at the correspondence.

To    March 21st    Issued transfer
To        + 2 hrs.    No funds arrived, error message in log, so I contacted bitsintant support, OrderID Provided
From March 23rd    Bitinstant reply, stating that id and amount was wrong.
To                       ID was not wrong according to MtGox. I supplied all account data after verifying with mtgox
To    March 27th    I sent reminder I still had not received any funds.
From March 28th    Bitinstant reply, stating I have to email Charlie "Best of luck" - Support case closed.
To                       I email charlie@bitinstant.com, explaining everything, ticket provided, and OrderID Provided
To    April 2nd       After talking to Bitstamp support, they now email Charlie, Rachel and Seth, asking for a resolution, OrderID Provided
To    April 4th        I send a new email to Charlie, Rachel and Seth, reminding them I have a claim on them.
From April 5th        Reply from that it will be fixed in 30 minutes.
To       + 1 hr        I send update that no funds have arrived.
From    + 40 min    Reply from Bitinstant that it will be dealt with.
To    April 8th        I send new email, stating I waited 18 days, and I can accept refund any way including BTC, OrderID Provided
From April 8th        Reply from Charlie stating that the transfer had "processed!"
To    April 9th        I send new email, I investigated every single transaction together with support for exchanges and the transfer did not complete, OrderID Provided
To    April 13th      I filed with the new support system at bitinstant/contact - I did not receive a ticket. OrderID Provided! 

It is just cheap BS to tell customers "you did not provide ID".  It just make you look like fools, of course everyone did provide it.  Further to have your support running in a public thread on the forums is moronic.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:39:07 PM

Your call!

I received the funds. Thanks, at last, after 36 days.

As you, flat out accuse me of lying and not providing order information, lets look at the correspondence.

To    March 21st    Issued transfer
To        + 2 hrs.    No funds arrived, error message in log, so I contacted bitsintant support, OrderID Provided
From March 23rd    Bitinstant reply, stating that id and amount was wrong.
To                       ID was not wrong according to MtGox. I supplied all account data after verifying with mtgox
To    March 27th    I sent reminder I still had not received any funds.
From March 28th    Bitinstant reply, stating I have to email Charlie "Best of luck" - Support case closed.
To                       I email charlie@bitinstant.com, explaining everything, ticket provided, and OrderID Provided
To    April 2nd       After talking to Bitstamp support, they now email Charlie, Rachel and Seth, asking for a resolution, OrderID Provided
To    April 4th        I send a new email to Charlie, Rachel and Seth, reminding them I have a claim on them.
From April 5th        Reply from that it will be fixed in 30 minutes.
To       + 1 hr        I send update that no funds have arrived.
From    + 40 min    Reply from Bitinstant that it will be dealt with.
To    April 8th        I send new email, stating I waited 18 days, and I can accept refund any way including BTC, OrderID Provided
From April 8th        Reply from Charlie stating that the transfer had "processed!"
To    April 9th        I send new email, I investigated every single transaction together with support for exchanges and the transfer did not complete, OrderID Provided
To    April 13th      I filed with the new support system at bitinstant/contact - I did not receive a ticket. OrderID Provided! 

It is just cheap BS to tell customers "you did not provide ID".  It just make you look like fools, of course everyone did provide it.  Further to have your support running in a public thread on the forums is moronic.

I never accused you of anything - I stated that I checked your post history here and could not find your OrderID, without anything to link you to an order or a support ticket you're just a forum username.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: