Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.14.0 Released  (Read 11153 times)
hfaffiliates

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:51:03 PM

my point is that we should care more about THE CODE.
many times people say "core is made up of hundreds of people contributing"

but if those contributors are just spell checking, for example "GitHub" instead of "github" and not actually contributing to the CODE and RULES of the bitcoin network. thus it must be highlighted that core is not made up of hundreds of people really contributing. and instead just a dozen CODE contributors and a hundred spell checker contributors.

core should not over emphasis who is involved if they just have random shills who intentionally add a full stop or capitalise a noun just to fluff the numbers up a bit. as thats not true "peer review".
if the only thing these spell checkers are reviewing is the comments section of documentation and not the code itself its not truly helpful to the network or security of bitcoin.

i personally would applaud and hope lauda (when/if he learns C++) done something that helped the network and/or security of bitcoin. i just have a gripe with all of these people try to take a high ground for things that dont matter to the security of the network.

my method of being frank might be harsh. but my motive is to ensure better standards for something that has world reaching security implications to millions of people.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:00:43 PM

Bitcoin Core 0.14.1 RC2 available : https://bitcoin.org/bin/bitcoin-core-0.14.1/test.rc2/

Changelog : https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/v0.14.1rc2...master
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:17:51 AM

Core has become an unwanted fork of bitcoin and a relic. My prediction is this is the last release from Core anyone even hears about.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: