Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is just the beginning of the crash.  (Read 4503 times)
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:32:07 PM

Today we saw a flash crash to 121, a dead cat bounce back to 140, followed by a steady decline back to the mid 120's. Investor confidence continues to be shattered every week the market does this. No smart money is moving in, I guarantee you no smart investors are saying "hey look what the price has been doing the last few weeks, let's put all our money into bitcoin!"

Wish there was a feature on this forum to auto ignore anyone who uses "dead cat bounce". Fastest way to spot people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Do these "OMFG it's over" threads actually help push the price down? Just wait for a drop and buy back in like a normal person.
+1 I can't stand these noob idiots. They are the turds turning this place into a sceptic tank. I don't care if someone is a bear, but a couple of these late March 2013, early April 2013 guys are losers.

If you actually check out their posts, they turn into a cheerleader when they buy in. When they sell, it's doom and gloom trying to push the price down so they can get back in. There's so many more traders, more money, I can't imagine these threads actually push the market either way. When people are holding BTC it's RALLY/BULL/TO THE MOON. When they have USD it's "BTC WILL BE WORTH $0!". Just wait for a spot to buy back in like every other day trader and go easy on the forum spam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:34:51 PM

Today we saw a flash crash to 121, a dead cat bounce back to 140, followed by a steady decline back to the mid 120's. Investor confidence continues to be shattered every week the market does this. No smart money is moving in, I guarantee you no smart investors are saying "hey look what the price has been doing the last few weeks, let's put all our money into bitcoin!"

Wish there was a feature on this forum to auto ignore anyone who uses "dead cat bounce". Fastest way to spot people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Do these "OMFG it's over" threads actually help push the price down? Just wait for a drop and buy back in like a normal person.
+1 I can't stand these noob idiots. They are the turds turning this place into a sceptic tank. I don't care if someone is a bear, but a couple of these late March 2013, early April 2013 guys are losers.

If you actually check out their posts, they turn into a cheerleader when they buy in. When they sell, it's doom and gloom trying to push the price down so they can get back in. There's so many more traders, more money, I can't imagine these threads actually push the market either way. When people are holding BTC it's RALLY/BULL/TO THE MOON. When they have USD it's "BTC WILL BE WORTH $0!". Just wait for a spot to buy back in like every other day trader and go easy on the forum spam.

Yeah I've noticed that also, haha, they are just in bear mode right now. So lame!
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:43:15 PM

Public interest is the lowest it's been all month, as indicated by search volume and bitcoin client downloads (someone made a thread about this somewhere.) The hype and euphoria that lead us from single digits all the way up to triple digits is all but gone and this vessel is falling back down to earth.

Something to keep in the bigger picture perspective: Just 3 months ago, the price was under $20, and 6 months ago was under $10. Absolutely nothing has changed fundamentally since then. Transaction volume is still roughly the same, meaning bitcoin has not seen any significantly wider adoption as a currency in the last 6 months. It has only seen wider adoption as a speculative investment, but those people are getting their money out, and quitting while they're ahead, or cutting their losses.

Once the dust has settled and the market has fully crashed back to pre-2013 levels, we'll finally see some stability as the speculators will be gone (which I admit I am one of them, but I won't be gone, I'll still be here making money) and BTC will be back to being used for its intended purpose. 2011 all over again? Here we come.

100% agree. With one caveat however, which is the degree: this latest bubble ended a move that's one degree larger than the 2011 bubble, so the subsequent decline should be long and drawn out, but ultimately much deeper. Be prepared for a lot of false rallies that last weeks and weeks, followed by steep drops. We're in one of the largest rallies now, but it should be constrained by the ATH and ultimately lead to a continuation of the bear market.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:49:46 PM

100% agree. With one caveat however, which is the degree: this latest bubble ended a move that's one degree larger than the 2011 bubble, so the subsequent decline should be long and drawn out, but ultimately much deeper. Be prepared for a lot of false rallies that last weeks and weeks, followed by steep drops. We're in one of the largest rallies now, but it should be constrained by the ATH and ultimately lead to a continuation of the bear market.

the bear market is a myth. we just experienced a massive bubble and market correction to the most bullish period in bitcoin history. we stopped short right above the mid-term trend, and $120 held. we retraced 80% in 3 days -- the market quickly and efficiently deflated the bubble. this is nothing like the June event and you are misleading yourself by comparing them.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:02:58 PM

Are you bears completely missing the fact of entire countries just now becomming aware of Bitcoin?

Tens of thousands waiting in line for verification at MTSMucks, China tops downloads of the client, Africa's and Argentina's interest and adoption?

I think you guys are either blind, crazy, or butthurt manipulators.

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:22:23 PM

Africa's and Argentina's interest and adoption?

African adoption, that's some complete 'bull'shit there.
Tuxavant

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:29:21 PM

Africa's and Argentina's interest and adoption?

African adoption, that's some complete 'bull'shit there.

So I can put you on record as saying Bitcoin will not ever become widely used in Africa. Check.

nobbynobbynoob

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:31:45 PM

So I can put you on record as saying Bitcoin will not ever become widely used in Africa. Check.

And, given that I was already shipping some BTC to a friend in Botswana last year... Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:35:31 PM

With the new BITS technology African adoption is just a matter of time. They have already been using M-Pesa for years and are already accustomed to mobilephone payments. Just give it a couple of months and it will be huge over there.
BTC-Market

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:19:01 PM

Public interest is the lowest it's been all month, as indicated by search volume and bitcoin client downloads (someone made a thread about this somewhere.) The hype and euphoria that lead us from single digits all the way up to triple digits is all but gone and this vessel is falling back down to earth.

Something to keep in the bigger picture perspective: Just 3 months ago, the price was under $20, and 6 months ago was under $10. Absolutely nothing has changed fundamentally since then. Transaction volume is still roughly the same, meaning bitcoin has not seen any significantly wider adoption as a currency in the last 6 months. It has only seen wider adoption as a speculative investment, but those people are getting their money out, and quitting while they're ahead, or cutting their losses.

Once the dust has settled and the market has fully crashed back to pre-2013 levels, we'll finally see some stability as the speculators will be gone (which I admit I am one of them, but I won't be gone, I'll still be here making money) and BTC will be back to being used for its intended purpose. 2011 all over again? Here we come.

Also be prepared for a lot more failed predictions from NikolaTesla. You think last week's failed spam FUD threads were bad? Wait until this week!
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:56:25 PM

Not trying to hate or anything... but what is the bull counterpart to FUD? Lot of that going on around here.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:04:07 PM

Not trying to hate or anything... but what is the bull counterpart to FUD? Lot of that going on around here.

Hope, false certainty, and overconfidence

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:50:08 PM

seems the newbs who posted all nonsense go quiet when the price keeps going up.
mind you when it drops by 5% they will be back talking about how it's going down to 30.
either they are smart or have nothing better do to with their lives

ok
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:09:31 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 07:19:47 PM by Wuji

Irrational exuberance!!!

I haven't really been bearish or bullish mostly on BTC except during certain prices. At $8 I was a super bull and buying it up and over $200 I was bearish and sold.  Thus I haven't had any hate thrown at me.  I try to keep my posts rational and ask serious questions adding all information to my personal valuation.

Anyway when the price is going up I tend to lurk because anything that can be slightly taken as negative will be assaulted with name calling like idiot, moron, retard.  This is what people do when they don't have logical valid arguments to justify their position.  I'm not sure exactly what BTC is worth right now because it is pure speculation and greed.  There are many great things that could bring this speculation to real value and push it to $1000.  We will see.

Anyway irrational exuberance is why most of those with critical thinking skills and legitimate concerns tend to shut up around here.  No one wants to be holding the red cape when the bulls come attacking!  Many people here are just not very civil in their debate.

For a good laugh - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_exuberance
Better info - http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/irrationalexuberance.asp
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: