Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 6.4c/kWh...  (Read 680 times)
Yuna517 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:36:58 AM

Hi All - Sorry if this is a very basic question. I've been lurking for a few months and have ordered 1x A741 to begin mining with after a fair amount of reading. I'm living with relatives on a large plot who are paying utilities. Before I ordered the unit, I was under the assumption that the electricity costs were around 10-11c/kWh, figured that was about the national average. I found out today it's actually 6.4c... What would you do in my circumstance, finding out you have nearly the cheapest kWh in the country? To add, I could get a fair amount of commercial rental space for $200-300/month.. I'm feeling inclined to order 10x more A741s...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:33:56 AM

Hi All - Sorry if this is a very basic question. I've been lurking for a few months and have ordered 1x A741 to begin mining with after a fair amount of reading. I'm living with relatives on a large plot who are paying utilities. Before I ordered the unit, I was under the assumption that the electricity costs were around 10-11c/kWh, figured that was about the national average. I found out today it's actually 6.4c... What would you do in my circumstance, finding out you have nearly the cheapest kWh in the country? To add, I could get a fair amount of commercial rental space for $200-300/month.. I'm feeling inclined to order 10x more A741s...

i think this is the right choise...
in this game, you can win just if you have electricity bill very low...
anf for very low i mean 1Kwh<10cents/hour.
This is impossible in the major of EU and in a lot of other countries...
so, i think you are really lucky...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 06:09:23 PM

Avalon miners are pretty inefficient.  Even with reasonably cheap electricity it's not ideal and you'd be better off with Antminers unless you have a moral objection to BITMAIN or you have free electricity.

Buying some more miners would be a great idea though.  It's very unlikely that you would fail to get ROI at any point, and even if you were failing you could mine other SHA-256 coins.

italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:28:15 PM

Avalon miners are pretty inefficient.  Even with reasonably cheap electricity it's not ideal and you'd be better off with Antminers unless you have a moral objection to BITMAIN or you have free electricity.

Buying some more miners would be a great idea though.  It's very unlikely that you would fail to get ROI at any point, and even if you were failing you could mine other SHA-256 coins.

bitmain S9 is the king in efficence for sure...
but not in stability.
a lot of S9 batchs have problem of stability and broken card.
if you have cheaper electricy, it's better to privilege stability, instead of efficiency
IMAHO

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:45:45 PM

I was under the assumption that the electricity costs were around 10-11c/kWh, figured that was about the national average. I found out today it's actually 6.4c... What would you do in my circumstance, finding out you have nearly the cheapest kWh in the country? To add, I could get a fair amount of commercial rental space for $200-300/month.. I'm feeling inclined to order 10x more A741s...

National average was up to around 12c / kwh I think last time I checked.

6.4 is fairly cheap, but more than double the cheapest (Douglas and Chelan counties in Washington state are right at or a hair under 3c/kwh for residential/SMALL business rates, lower for big business/industrial. Grant county next door is 4.5c residential/small business but a hair CHEAPER than Chelan/Douglas for large business/industrial - this may change next year, as all 3 PUDs adjust rates).

Avalon 741 is pretty efficient, just not THE most efficient - and as others have pointed out, the price to pay for S9 efficiency is relative instability and a HIGH failure rate.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: