Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCU Bitcoin Unlimited Mining  (Read 1400 times)
vmuser (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:25:41 PM

Hi there!
I'm wondering about mining BTCU Bitcoin Unlimited, how i get started with an ASIC?
How much hash power i need?
Which pool and software can i use?

I'm a bit confused  Huh Huh Huh

Thanks in advice!
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:54:27 PM

There actually is no "Bitcoin Unlimited" coin as such - Bitcoin Unlimited is a proposal to fix the "scaling issue" with Bitcoin itself and a software suite to impliment that proposal that currently works to current Bitcoin standards.

I'd suggest doing more research on the whole Bitcoin Unlimited concept.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:50:24 AM

you don't mine it, you just the support for it like antpool did, if you want to support it you need a considerable hash

if you are supporting it with few antminer, better to not bother, the outcome won't change much
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:23:37 AM

Hi there!
I'm wondering about mining BTCU Bitcoin Unlimited, how i get started with an ASIC?

Thanks in advice!

Have a read of the following link, it will give you a better understanding of what it is and what it is not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_Unlimited

To quote:

Bitcoin Unlimited (BU) is a full node software client for the bitcoin network. Compared to the Bitcoin Core client hard-coding the block size limit to 1 megabyte, from which it is forked, Bitcoin Unlimited does not hard-code the limit, allowing the users to signal which block size limit they prefer, find the limit having a majority consensus and set their block size limit to that value.[1]

The release of Bitcoin Unlimited follows the release of Bitcoin XT and Bitcoin Classic, alternative proposals which aimed to increase bitcoin's transaction capacity of around 2.5-3 transactions per second by increasing the hard-coded block size limit.

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 10:27:30 AM

Hi there!

Thanks in advice!
Something tells me that you have just read an old article about bitcoin unlimited and the asicboost situation, that won't be happening anymore.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: