Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:02:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729066 times)
narking

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:24:19 PM

As all the same, there are not enough large exchanges that have increased their turnover to 100 bitcoins per day and higher. Large funds and investors can not enter on such small volumes and this is a very big problem although the cost of transactions and the whole development show that the topic is worthwhile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitracium

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:50:04 PM

I am delighted to be part (Hodler) of this great project. Thank you
vnmalireddy

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:22:37 PM

Well done I got my 10 BTX airdrop without any problem.

Thanks again,

Airdrops finished almost 3 months back, where did u got Airdrop from, may u received it from any giveaways BTX team promoting or may be from snapshot of nov 2017 BTC holdings u have
Tarek4080

Activity: 322
Merit: 49

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:48:03 PM

Thanks again,

Are you from the past?

😂😂😂😂
He was sleeping probably and just woke up!!! Probably is still dreaming... Or the effect of dream.. 😂 Grin
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:22:11 PM

Important update: Bitcore Public Keys

Dear Bitcore community,

Due to potential roadblocks with many hardware and service providers, we have come to the conclusion that it is necessary for us to change the public key prefix. Since we use the same prefix as bitcoin ("1", "3" and "bc1"), we decided that Bitcore BTX should use the following new prefixes:

Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx

We would like to ask all Bitcore users to slowly but surely upgrade to the new system.
To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Open your Bitcore core / Bitcore-QT wallet.
2. Create a backup of your wallet.dat and store it in a safe place. For example a USB-Stick that you later put in a safe-deposit box.
3. Download the latest wallet and replace the wallet.dat that will be created on startup with your old wallet.dat
4. Bitcore-QT will automatically create new public keys for your private keys, starting with 2xxx instead of 1xxx.
5. It is important to note, that you can only use your old public keys to send to other old addresses and vis versa - you can send only to the new format from the new format. The address formats are not interchangeable.

Please note that the private keys are in no way affected by this change.
Any private key is fully compatible with both the old formatting as well as the new one.

The new wallet, supporting the new format only, is still in beta mode but can be download and tested via the official github:
https://github.com/LIMXTEC/BitCore/releases
Note: There will be an official release soon. Meanwhile here is a basic tool, to convert old addresses to the new 2xxx format: https://limxtec.github.io/btx-convert/

We also want to inform you that there's no rush to update, we set a timeframe of 3 months in which we want to complete the transition. After this period bitcore core 0.16 will be released which will only use the new public keys.
If you have any questions feel free to ask here in the forum or on our numerous social media and telegram channels. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.msg40724430#msg40724430 for a full link list.

Thank you for your support and for your understanding.

- Your Bitcore team

Kind of confusing. I think should be made easier for users and the old and new format should remain interchangeable forever. Having to use two wallets to send to old and new addresses will be kind of a hassle and make the coin less user friendly to people that don't like confusing crypto coins.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
OddEvenBets.com

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 05:03:25 PM

Bitcore Docker Image for Linux Users

Dear Bitcore community,

We are proud to present to you a world's first in the altcoin space:
Bitcore is now available as a docker image for Linux users.
This is will allow for an easy and smooth installation of the current Bitcore wallet as well as future updates.

Refere to the github on how to install: https://github.com/LIMXTEC/Bitcore-BTX-RPC-Installer

Supported systems:
Fedora 27 (x86_64-fedora-27) - tested
Fedora 28 (x86_64-fedora-28) - tested
Debian 8 (x86_64-debian-jessie) - tested
Debian 9 (x86_64-debian-stretch) - tested
Debian 10 (x86_64-debian-buster) - tested
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (x86_64-ubuntu-trusty) - tested
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (x86_64-ubuntu-xenial) - tested
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (x86_64-ubuntu-bionic) - tested

Retweet: https://twitter.com/Bitcore_BTX/status/1011583403899187200

- Your Bitcore team

Ok, Thanks for details.
I will install to my VPS Bitcore node.
BTX node support prune mode? (how much space need?)

███████████████████████████████████████
OddEvenBets - it's not my domain now! I lost it.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
OddEvenBets.com

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 05:08:29 PM

~snip

Dear Bitcore community,

Due to potential roadblocks with many hardware and service providers, we have come to the conclusion that it is necessary for us to change the public key prefix. Since we use the same prefix as bitcoin ("1", "3" and "bc1"), we decided that Bitcore BTX should use the following new prefixes:

Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx

We would like to ask all Bitcore users to slowly but surely upgrade to the new system.
2. Create a backup of your wallet.dat and store it in a safe place. For example a USB-Stick that you later put in a safe-deposit box.
3. Download the latest wallet and replace the wallet.dat that will be created on startup with your old wallet.dat
4. Bitcore-QT will automatically create new public keys for your private keys, starting with 2xxx instead of 1xxx.
5. It is important to note, that you can only use your old public keys to send to other old addresses and vis versa - you can send only to the new format from the new format. The address formats are not interchangeable.

Any private key is fully compatible with both the old formatting as well as the new one.

The new wallet, supporting the new format only, is still in beta mode but can be download and tested via the official github:
Note: There will be an official release soon. Meanwhile here is a basic tool, to convert old addresses to the new 2xxx format: https://limxtec.github.io/btx-convert/

We also want to inform you that there's no rush to update, we set a timeframe of 3 months in which we want to complete the transition. After this period bitcore core 0.16 will be released which will only use the new public keys.
If you have any questions feel free to ask here in the forum or on our numerous social media and telegram channels. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.msg40724430#msg40724430 for a full link list.

- Your Bitcore team[/center]

Kind of confusing. I think should be made easier for users and the old and new format should remain interchangeable forever. Having to use two wallets to send to old and new addresses will be kind of a hassle and make the coin less user friendly to people that don't like confusing crypto coins.

I have question.
If I use coinomi wallet, what need doing in this case?
Can I lost my BTX in coinomi?

Also I have problem with BTX wallet win8.1/64bit (can't sync.. stoped after 16 oct 2014.)

███████████████████████████████████████
OddEvenBets - it's not my domain now! I lost it.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TheCoinDigger

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:11:40 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 05:43:57 AM by TheCoinDigger

[snip]

[snip]

Does this mean RIP to wallet addresses like 1PUZzLe1ksS6SHdnGPdHpDzcXcLYAPWTZf?
StelsMiner

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:16:43 PM

Thanks again,

Airdrops finished almost 3 months back, where did u got Airdrop from, may u received it from any giveaways BTX team promoting or may be from snapshot of nov 2017 BTC holdings u have
And I'm sorry that I missed such a good hand and now perhaps there will never be such a chance. The coin is still worth attention. And in General I see a lot of advertising about this coin, which attracts more and more users.
Masum555

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:19:29 PM

Don't be hesitate... Keep patient and stay with bitcore(Btx)...
Saverenergy

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:21:50 PM

Dear Bitcore community,

Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx

- Your Bitcore team

Of course, I understand why this is done, but it will really cause a lot of confusion. Especially among new users. It would be nice if the developers issue detailed instructions.
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:33:11 PM

if i have my btx on old bitcoin address and never rendem it .. i have problem? or i can contiune to hodl on this old btc address? thanks for reply
gadgetino

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:36:03 PM

the value of this coin has hit the floor and there is only one way to go...up. maybe we will see again the good old days with 40$ a coin.

andrei1982

Activity: 462

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

Dear Bitcore community,

Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx

- Your Bitcore team

Of course, I understand why this is done, but it will really cause a lot of confusion. Especially among new users. It would be nice if the developers issue detailed instructions.

why are so important the new key updates ? faster TPS ? whats the reason for the update and how will help the coin ?
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:34:31 PM

Dear Bitcore community,

Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx

- Your Bitcore team

why are so important the new key updates ? faster TPS ? whats the reason for the update and how will help the coin ?

There are quite a few huge services out there, that refuse to cooperate with Bitcore unless a clear distinction towards Bitcoin's public key format is made. This is why it is neccessary for Bitcore to upgrade to its own unique public key format.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 08:43:53 PM

Any obstacle we remove to get more integration of BTX is more then welcome in this moment.
Still I will probably wait for this new wallet to get out from beta before I make any change. Wink
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

if i have my btx on old bitcoin address and never rendem it .. i have problem? or i can contiune to hodl on this old btc address? thanks for reply

as long as you hold the private keys there is no problem

vantheman169

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:44:12 PM

https://i.imgur.com/TWz7oFp.jpg

Dear Bitcore community,

Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx

- Your Bitcore team

You don't have to use 2 wallets.  Just use the conversion tool to send to old addresses with the new wallet.  Or vice versa.   https://limxtec.github.io/btx-convert/
harimurry

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:45:03 PM

Since we use the same prefix as bitcoin ("1", "3" and "bc1"), we decided that Bitcore BTX should use the following new prefixes:

Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx

Thank you so much for the update. Agree that we should have our own prefixes for BTX wallet public keys. The third wallet prefix hits the nail on the head... It defines who we are.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

I guess it would be safer for most users to wait for the final release of the new wallet before doing the change, especially as the new wallet with the new addresses will not be able to send coins to old addresses - for example exchanges, if I have understood it right. And three months before the final change is quite some time, so even less need to hurry. Just my opinion.
Pages: « 1 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: