Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:56:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 [953] 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729066 times)
frogpoet

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 03:12:23 AM

Binance's information on Bitcore is inaccurate (or misleading)

I noticed today that binance's page for bitcore states :

Bitcore has 10 MB blocks with Segwit enabled which allows for the network to handle about 17.6 billion transactions per year.

this makes it sound like the 10 MB size is WITH segwit enabled instead of without.  I think it would be less misleading to state :

Bitcore has 20 MB blocks with Segwit enabled which allows for the network to handle about 17.6 billion transactions per year.

(the 17.6 billion amount appears to be correct as it takes into account the speed with segwit enabled).

I looked on binance's page and the only way to send them an email that I could find was to have an account with them - which I do not.  If what I say above makes sense, could someone with a binance account let them know? thanks.  the url with bitcore's info is here :

https://info.binance.com/en/currencies/bitcore

scroll all the way down to the 'details' tab to read their description of the coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:08:09 AM

Coin will soon be dead, so it's not important anymore.  Angry

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
timpum

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:04:01 PM

Why did you draw such conclusions? Because of the falling price? And you were hoping for further growth of the course, getting airdrops? We are still waiting for the discharge of coins by panic-strikers.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

Yes, people have said that a hundred times about Bitcoin and he is still alive. So it certainly will be too with Bitcore. The Bitcore team does its best to keep the project going. As long as the team is active, the coin will certainly not die. I wouldn't always just pay attention to the price, it doesn't always tell you everything. I've experienced that several times in the crypto world.   Smiley
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:46:13 PM

Yes, people have said that a hundred times about Bitcoin and he is still alive. So it certainly will be too with Bitcore. The Bitcore team does its best to keep the project going. As long as the team is active, the coin will certainly not die. I wouldn't always just pay attention to the price, it doesn't always tell you everything. I've experienced that several times in the crypto world.   Smiley
How can you even compare Bitcoin with Bitcore? How can you compare Bitcoin with ANY coin? That story can be found on any coin Discord, Slack, forum... Everyone comparing with BTC, which is nonsense.

Here's list of dead coins. Most of them are ICOs and scams, but in last few years there was some POW coins which died.
https://deadcoins.com/
So, yes, coins die! Lot of them!

I still hold same quantity of BTX that I bought and mined last year, but now without any hope that ever gonna be worth anything. I am ready for 0 satoshis. Honestly, IMO Everything started with airdrop announcement. Reason for airdrop was "distribution, blah blah blah" and now I think that real reason was for early miners and developers to get rid of their BTX coins at high price. I was tricked, scammed, fooled by group of people, but it won't happen again with some other coin. Lesson learned.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would lie if I would told that I believe in anything else than this.

P.S. Forgot about those fake pictures, photoshoped car with BTX logo and that billboard in London. It's sad and funny at the same time...

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
andrei1982

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:49:31 PM

Yes, people have said that a hundred times about Bitcoin and he is still alive. So it certainly will be too with Bitcore. The Bitcore team does its best to keep the project going. As long as the team is active, the coin will certainly not die. I wouldn't always just pay attention to the price, it doesn't always tell you everything. I've experienced that several times in the crypto world.   Smiley
How can you even compare Bitcoin with Bitcore? How can you compare Bitcoin with ANY coin? That story can be found on any coin Discord, Slack, forum... Everyone comparing with BTC, which is nonsense.

Here's list of dead coins. Most of them are ICOs and scams, but in last few years there was some POW coins which died.

I still hold same quantity of BTX that I bought and mined last year, but now without any hope that ever gonna be worth anything. I am ready for 0 satoshis. Honestly, IMO Everything started with airdrop announcement. Reason for airdrop was "distribution, blah blah blah" and now I think that real reason was for early miners and developers to get rid of their BTX coins at high price. I was tricked, scammed, fooled by group of people, but it won't happen again with some other coin. Lesson learned.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would lie if I would told that I believe in anything else than this.

im afraid BTX will have the same faith with BSD another Devs project. i guess the problem is they are very bad marketers
Saverenergy

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:28:24 PM

im afraid BTX will have the same faith with BSD another Devs project. i guess the problem is they are very bad marketers
Completely agree with you, the whole crypto market at the moment is a complete manipulation. And all do not care about the technology project, the main thing is marketing and HYIP. But it is possible that the team will think it over and engage in marketing.
MobyCrypt

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:01:22 PM

Completely agree with you, the whole crypto market at the moment is a complete manipulation. And all do not care about the technology project, the main thing is marketing and HYIP. But it is possible that the team will think it over and engage in marketing.

This is something which I have started to suspect myself. Who has still an advantage to sell so many coins every day at the current prices?  Possibly only someone who has really plenty of them and did not have to pay for them, so that he has still plenty to sell and by selling he is still profiting, while everyone else would just be losing money and-or would have just finished the coins.
Of course there may  be other explanations. but U think this one is startng to be taken in consideration.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
MrTR3

Activity: 162

please donate to my worthy cause !

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:45:26 AM

This is something which I have started to suspect myself. Who has still an advantage to sell so many coins every day at the current prices?  Possibly only someone who has really plenty of them and did not have to pay for them, so that he has still plenty to sell and by selling he is still profiting, while everyone else would just be losing money and-or would have just finished the coins.
Of course there may  be other explanations. but U think this one is startng to be taken in consideration.

......Possibly only someone who has really plenty of them and did not have to pay for them, so that he has still plenty to sell and by selling he is still profiting.......

filthy thieves ....
entropy0

Activity: 412

Que sera sera

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:58:08 AM

im hoping BTX team still dedicated...

Grow your Discord community with panda-bot! https://pandabot.fatpanda.club
eance

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:26:36 AM

BTX is a solid coin, bear the crypto storm, you’ll be rewarded.
timpum

Merit: 106

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:50:30 PM

P.S. Forgot about those fake pictures, photoshoped car with BTX logo and that billboard in London. It's sad and funny at the same time...

Why do you compare Bitcore with a scam ICO? The developers did not ask you for money. They continue to do their job. Although I see constantly similar projects that are trying to raise money on ICO.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 12:55:33 PM

Devs are you planning to get $BTX listed on Coinbase? Are you planning on filling out that google form? This project needs some life.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Tarek4080

Activity: 322
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:28:04 PM

REMINDER!!!!!

!!! MINERS ⛏⛏
bitcorepool.cc is on the latest BTX wallet now! 0.15.2.0 please update to any 0.15x wallet as legacy addresses are not supported anymore!!!⛏⛏⛏⛏
frogpoet

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 12:55:40 AM

WeUseCoins.com pull request created for BTX page

when I do a google search on 'bitcore', the fifth entry on the very first page is "What Is Bitcore? - WeUseCoins" which goes here :

https://www.weusecoins.com/what-is-bitcore/

it turns out that this entry, having been created in January, has old information, but more importantly, it conflates the bitcore coin (i.e. BTX) with an API called 'bitcore' which is unrelated to BTX, and is instead used to interface with bitcoin.

luckily, it turns out that WeUseCoins has all of their pages in a GitHub account, which means anyone with a GitHub account can propose changes to keep the page data up-to-date.

I went ahead and created a GitHub account - something I've been meaning to do for forever but have never done because I've always written only proprietary software - went into the WeUseCoins GitHub account, made the appropriate changes (as well as updating the page with new info), committed into a branch and then made a pull request.

the pull request is here :
https://github.com/sunnankar/wuc-new/pull/613

seeing as this is my first GitHub activity, it would be helpful if more experienced git-hubbers out there could take a peek and make sure I did things right? my understanding is that I have to wait for someone to review it and ok it, and then make the merge on the WeUseCoins side. also I believe the data that I added is correct but it would always be good for someone to review it for accuracy.

besides the removal of the unrelated API information, the change also includes a fix to the link to BTX's home page (bitcore.cc) , which was pointing to the wrong place (bitcore.io, which is the unrelated API address).

frogpoet

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 08:27:03 AM

WeUseCoins.com pull request created for BTX page

when I do a google search on 'bitcore', the fifth entry on the very first page is "What Is Bitcore? - WeUseCoins" which goes here :

https://www.weusecoins.com/what-is-bitcore/

it turns out that this entry, having been created in January, has old information, but more importantly, it conflates the bitcore coin (i.e. BTX) with an API called 'bitcore' which is unrelated to BTX, and is instead used to interface with bitcoin.

luckily, it turns out that WeUseCoins has all of their pages in a GitHub account, which means anyone with a GitHub account can propose changes to keep the page data up-to-date.

I went ahead and created a GitHub account - something I've been meaning to do for forever but have never done because I've always written only proprietary software - went into the WeUseCoins GitHub account, made the appropriate changes (as well as updating the page with new info), committed into a branch and then made a pull request.

the pull request is here :
https://github.com/sunnankar/wuc-new/pull/613

seeing as this is my first GitHub activity, it would be helpful if more experienced git-hubbers out there could take a peek and make sure I did things right? my understanding is that I have to wait for someone to review it and ok it, and then make the merge on the WeUseCoins side. also I believe the data that I added is correct but it would always be good for someone to review it for accuracy.

besides the removal of the unrelated API information, the change also includes a fix to the link to BTX's home page (bitcore.cc) , which was pointing to the wrong place (bitcore.io, which is the unrelated API address).

it worked!

well, sort of. the person who merged the changes in removed my links to various youtube sites which gave more information; particularly the demonstration of the General Bytes BTX Demo under the "How Can I Buy Bitcore?" section on the WeUseCoins page (i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8jIkx-JHc ).  On the other hand, perhaps I "did it wrong" - I had included embeds for the videos into <li> tags, and maybe that didn't work. I wasn't able to fully test the thing before I made the pull request. But at least the request was accepted, and WeUseCoins is now displaying the latest info along with the correct links to bitcore.cc and GitHub, and is no longer displaying information about the unaffiliated API library.  (I had also included the zelcore video under "which wallets can I use?" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2N9ZjcgMcg], which was redacted as well).

email I got from sunnankar on GitHub (slightly redacted) :

Re: [sunnankar/wuc-new] Removed info on bitpay's library, updated (#613)

This is a good start at disentangling the two projects. If further clarification or updates need to be made then please submit additional pull requests. Thanks!

Saverenergy

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:55:24 PM

Devs are you planning to get $BTX listed on Coinbase? Are you planning on filling out that google form? This project needs some life.
I doubt that they will be engaged in listing on stock exchanges and marketing. They are focused on the other. They were offered to participate in the voting for the listing for Kucoin, but they refused. Referring to the fact that this is a fraudulent exchange, but for me, Kucoin is much better than for example Cryptopia and Bit-Z.
Tarek4080

Activity: 322
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:43:05 PM

Bitcore will be one of the main sponsors in the Malta Blockchain Summit this November. This should create huge effect
MrTR3

Activity: 162

please donate to my worthy cause !

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:04:29 PM

I doubt that they will be engaged in listing on stock exchanges and marketing. They are focused on the other. They were offered to participate in the voting for the listing for Kucoin, but they refused. Referring to the fact that this is a fraudulent exchange, but for me, Kucoin is much better than for example Cryptopia and Bit-Z.

... to vote BTX into Kucoin , one had to sign up for an account , if they were smart , they'd allow a vote without this ....

their loss to not list BTX not the other way around...
Cryptodiscuss

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:14:02 PM

I dont think they are bad at marketing, they just dropped too much coins on the market and we are still taking damage because of that. In time that will resolve it self.
Pages: « 1 ... 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 [953] 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: