Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250991 times)
illseey

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:23:43 PM

Weakness across the cryptosphere. I believe lead by uncertainty on the the UASF and tensions with large miner pools. Segwit and Lightning networks are the next round of innovation for Bitcoin. I feel that the blocksize is a nonissue for HODLers. Blocksize increases will NOT allow us to exceed 9 transactions per second, so there is no way that Bitcoin can be shoehorned in to the roll of Payment Channel ala Visa / Master Card (2000 tps). We must focus on this, and how cryptocurrency allows value transference. The evolution of the platform, with side chains allowing off chain processing and settlement back to the blockchain is where the next round of applications and use scenarios will unfold.

Ultimately ETH will take flak for Bitcoin, until it can stand on it's own. segwit and Lightning networks allow atomic cross chain swaps so we should see some chaotic oscillations until more harmony emerges brought about by arbitrage and traders smoothing out fluctuations.

There is a slight danger of a Bitcoin hardfork and an orphan chain. This could be largely bullish for Ethereum and the ecosystem of ERC20 tokens. Those who have their bitcoins in private wallets will be OK, those with coins on exchanges will be dependent on how the political game unfolds. ETC was never supposed to exist and yet was ushered into existence by Poloniex and a few other exchanges. This caught Coinbase by surprise. History doesn't have to repeat though it may rhyme...

Dumb money flow > UASF/Segwit Debate > Shakeout/Fear > Bear trend for a couple days(That's where we are right now) > Recovery > Bull Trend > Dumb money flow again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:57:34 PM

New Tuesday video: Reggie discusses VERI not being on an exchange:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sNOFcJHhxc

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:12:54 PM

Reggie, love the content.  But please, PLEASE get a mic so that you can be better understood.  I have to strain to understand you as this video is now.

All the best, still HODLing, long and strong VERI!

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
Haddem

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:38:52 PM

Reggie, love the content.  But please, PLEASE get a mic so that you can be better understood.  I have to strain to understand you as this video is now.

That would be ICO money well spent  Grin
azmojo

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:43:03 PM

Reggie, love the content.  But please, PLEASE get a mic so that you can be better understood.  I have to strain to understand you as this video is now.

I agree, it's a little hard to understand what he's saying.
Love your icon... coding with notepad. Do they have one, "I code with vi?" That's what I use.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:57:30 AM

I do not believe Veritaseum and Populous are competitors at the moment because they both provide similar service but cater to different products.

Both are outstanding black guys. If they can both grow big together and ultimately maybe do some joint venture or partnership together, then this would be some mega stuff.
Wat is Populous? Do they have someone like Reggie?

Yes, something similar, but catered to a different segment of the economy.

I agree, I grabbed some PPT this morning on the 0.01031 dip. Happy to be on board but i'm kicking my own ass for not loading up when was at 0.007 the first day then and 0.005-0.007 the next morning. I sat there saying it will go lower.. If it gets any where near these prices again i'm backing up the truck.

Side note on Etherdelta some people fat finger their trades and I almost bought like 29000 ppt for nothing. It went through for like 50 Eth. Thats a little over ico price..  I hit the buy and someone already got it.   Saw another buyer lose/purchase like a half of a PPT for like 6 Eth.
Kingmaker7

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:09:17 AM

This is my first post; however, I've been paying close attention to most of the discussion thread and have learned a great deal thus far. 

I have one simple question that's of interest as I'm sitting on quite a few Veritaseum.  Why do none of the coin exchanges seem to be interested in having this coin be part of their exchange?  It doesn't make sense to me unless it has to due do with liquidity or the lack thereof.  I mean coins coming out after Veritaseum's ICO have been listed already and some don't even have half the concept or vision that Veritaseum seems to have.  This is a mystery to me.   
delpiero10

Activity: 270
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:32:34 AM

Why do none of the coin exchanges seem to be interested in having this coin be part of their exchange?

you should check new video from Reggie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sNOFcJHhxc
Haddem

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

This is my first post; however, I've been paying close attention to most of the discussion thread and have learned a great deal thus far. 

I have one simple question that's of interest as I'm sitting on quite a few Veritaseum.  Why do none of the coin exchanges seem to be interested in having this coin be part of their exchange?  It doesn't make sense to me unless it has to due do with liquidity or the lack thereof.  I mean coins coming out after Veritaseum's ICO have been listed already and some don't even have half the concept or vision that Veritaseum seems to have.  This is a mystery to me.   

In a short while that's gonna be their problem instead of us hodlers.  Once the exchange with the JSE is set up we can bypass the crypto exchanges altogether. Then they wil be crawling back.  I asked bittrex on twitter why they don't enlist VERI.  No answer
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:23:03 AM

Ignore bittrex.
Fuck bittrex.
Don't care about it.
Let it come to us, begging.
In fact, we should reject bittrex if it ever come to us.
If they try to play hard and sell high, we should play harder and sell higher.
There are many other exchanges around for us to choose.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:32:02 AM

I do not believe Veritaseum and Populous are competitors at the moment because they both provide similar service but cater to different products.

Both are outstanding black guys. If they can both grow big together and ultimately maybe do some joint venture or partnership together, then this would be some mega stuff.
I believe that wasn't the question. I think the question is, could VERI perform the same function as PPT?

I've been thinking more about this (whether Veritaseum could technically perform the same function as Populous).

Veritaseum can tokenize all sorts of different assets.  I can't see any reason why Veritaseum couldn't be used to tokenize invoices.  If Reggie wanted to do this, I don't see any reason why he couldn't.

Remember, Reggie Middleton is a badass.  He's the Elon Musk of the FinTech world.  Just like Elon might wake up one morning and decide to dig holes under Los Angeles and the next day you'll see huge boring machines outside his building.  If Reggie decides he wants to eat Populous' lunch, I'm pretty sure he'll just do it.
zidane

Activity: 938
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:22:24 PM

I sold now all my VERI holdings and bought yesterday some SCORECOIN
WeatlhTransfer

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:15:34 PM

Good for you. I hope that you will get huge profit out of it.
tex83rb

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:46:08 PM

jesus! really? is pure speculation, much more than holding veri.

veri already showed solidity. but scorecoin?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 01:46:24 PM

So what stock exchange is next? He said top 10. If by value, it's one of these:

NYSE - $18.8T
NASDAQ - $7.5T
Japan - $4.9T
Shanghai - $3.9T
London - $3.6T
Euronext - $3.4T
Shenzen - $3.2T
Hong Kong - $1.9T
TMX Group — $1.9 trillion. ...
Deutsche Boerse — $1.7 trillion. ...

ANY OF THESE IS IMPRESSIVE!!!

Followed by...
National Stock Exchange of India — $1.6 trillion. ...
SIX Swiss Exchange — $1.5 trillion. ...
Korea Exchange — $1.4 trillion. ...
Australian Securities Exchange —$1.3 trillion. ...
NASDAQ Nordic Exchanges — $1.28 trillion. ...
Johannesburg Stock Exchange — $1.1 trillion.

It's one of those top ten.

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
tex83rb

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:48:49 PM

NYSE - $18.8T
NASDAQ - $7.5T
Japan - $4.9T
Shanghai - $3.9T
London - $3.6T
Euronext - $3.4T
Shenzen - $3.2T
Hong Kong - $1.9T

Followed by...

impressive! looks like we are doing right thing holding veri for years from now.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Dorky

Activity: 392

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:24:08 PM

I've been thinking more about this (whether Veritaseum could technically perform the same function as Populous).

Veritaseum can tokenize all sorts of different assets.  I can't see any reason why Veritaseum couldn't be used to tokenize invoices.  If Reggie wanted to do this, I don't see any reason why he couldn't.

Remember, Reggie Middleton is a badass.  He's the Elon Musk of the FinTech world.  Just like Elon might wake up one morning and decide to dig holes under Los Angeles and the next day you'll see huge boring machines outside his building.  If Reggie decides he wants to eat Populous' lunch, I'm pretty sure he'll just do it.

Nah, Reggie isn't like Elon Musk. Elon Musk depends on multi billions of government subsidy to survive, Reggie doesn't.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
azmojo

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:05:03 PM

NYSE - $18.8T
NASDAQ - $7.5T
Japan - $4.9T
Shanghai - $3.9T
London - $3.6T
Euronext - $3.4T
Shenzen - $3.2T
Hong Kong - $1.9T

Followed by...

Anyone know where has Reggie traveled lately, other than Jamaica?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
Haddem

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:12:39 PM

NYSE - $18.8T
NASDAQ - $7.5T
Japan - $4.9T
Shanghai - $3.9T
London - $3.6T
Euronext - $3.4T
Shenzen - $3.2T
Hong Kong - $1.9T

Followed by...

Anyone know where has Reggie traveled lately, other than Jamaica?

No one knows except the man and his team.  We'll know when the deal is made
azmojo

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:43:35 PM

No one knows except the man and his team.  We'll know when the deal is made
I wouldn't say that. Maybe he's been spotted in London, or left a tweet with a reference to authentic sushi... Not that it matters. Even if it's the 10th exchange on the list it is impressive. That news should put VERI at parity with ETH easily.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: