Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are you 'Iamnotback'?  (Read 35247 times)
the_end_is_near

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:46:08 AM

I suggest if you want this post to not disappear, you must quote it numerous times.

Quoting this post means you hate censorship and that you want a decentralized forum with all data stored on a blockchain that no one can manipulate. This is technologically plausible.

@iamnotback appears to still be active on Reddit and on Pastebin both of which are also not trustworthy because some assholes can control the centralized database. All this centralized shit must die and be replaced by decentralized blockchains.

There is no need for mods to have this authority to absolutely censor anything. Each user can choose their own mods, and the data from the blockchain can be filter for the user according to their personal choices. Different users can choose different moderators. This will be a vast improvement in degrees-of-freedom (and thus potential energy) over this forum and other shitty centralized services on the Internet. All of them are going to die, including Facebook and Google. The centralized shit will wither away and Theymos will become irrelevant.

This is war now.

“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

The pattern for LTC is 25 times longer in duration than the corresponding pattern from March.

Thus we'll see a low of 0.0095 more than once before we will see a high 0f 0.05 later this year. Patience is a virtue but taking profits above 0.01 every time is for the wise.

I heard that many users of this forum are still looking for a decentralized forum alternative due to Theymos taking much BTC in donations and then never improving the software of the forum.

The end of this nonsense is near.

I have to wonder whether speculating in the speculation thread was what got you banned or if it was something you said that was a little too close to the structure of a behind-the-scenes plan?

Will be watching price movement. Bitcoin and all of the majors (ETH, XMR, DASH, ZEC, DASH, XRP) are up except for LTC which appears to be inversely correlated. What's especially nice about that is that the possibility exists to remain entirely in crypto without having to jump out to fiat for large trading profits.

Of course, chasing money is an annoying necessity that we could all do without...

The mods deleted this post. I am now creating an copy of this page of this thread at archive.org. The mods are censoring the information that @coinling and others asked me to provide.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:55:12 AM

I suggest if you want this post to not disappear, you must quote it numerous times.

Quoting this post means you hate censorship and that you want a decentralized forum with all data stored on a blockchain that no one can manipulate. This is technologically plausible.

@iamnotback appears to still be active on Reddit and on Pastebin both of which are also not trustworthy because some assholes can control the centralized database. All this centralized shit must die and be replaced by decentralized blockchains.

There is no need for mods to have this authority to absolutely censor anything. Each user can choose their own mods, and the data from the blockchain can be filter for the user according to their personal choices. Different users can choose different moderators. This will be a vast improvement in degrees-of-freedom (and thus potential energy) over this forum and other shitty centralized services on the Internet. All of them are going to die, including Facebook and Google. The centralized shit will wither away and Theymos will become irrelevant.

This is war now.

The pattern for LTC is 25 times longer in duration than the corresponding pattern from March.

Thus we'll see a low of 0.0095 more than once before we will see a high 0f 0.05 later this year. Patience is a virtue but taking profits above 0.01 every time is for the wise.

I heard that many users of this forum are still looking for a decentralized forum alternative due to Theymos taking much BTC in donations and then never improving the software of the forum.

I have to wonder whether speculating in the speculation thread was what got you banned or if it was something you said that was a little too close to the structure of a behind-the-scenes plan?

Will be watching price movement. Bitcoin and all of the majors (ETH, XMR, DASH, ZEC, DASH, XRP) are up except for LTC which appears to be inversely correlated. What's especially nice about that is that the possibility exists to remain entirely in crypto without having to jump out to fiat for large trading profits.

Of course, chasing money is an annoying necessity that we could all do without...

The mods deleted this post. I am now creating an copy of this page of this thread at archive.org. The mods are censoring the information that @coinling and others asked me to provide.

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Time for anonymint coin, 'Proof of Shelby'
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:12:33 AM

He got banned.
Any more skeptics?

There is no need for mods to have this authority to absolutely censor anything. Each user can choose their own mods, and the data from the blockchain can be filter for the user according to their personal choices. Different users can choose different moderators. This will be a vast improvement in degrees-of-freedom (and thus potential energy) over this forum and other shitty centralized services on the Internet. All of them are going to die, including Facebook and Google. The centralized shit will wither away and Theymos will become irrelevant.

This is war now.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3472

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:09:44 PM

thanks for the links

This is war now.

Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:32:03 PM

The truth is he is a little belligerent and a lot arrogant.  Grin

BUT if there was anyone who had the right to be arrogant it is this guy. He got a bit surly with me but I didn't take offence like I would with 99.99% of people cause only a fool doesn't recognise when someone much much smarter in in the room. I would love to hear a discussion between him and Satoshi, I'm convinced he would make Satoshi look like a 5 year old who didn't do his sums right.

I'm glad he is not here and I hope he gets on with his project.

When his project is ready he should set up a forum or get someone dependable here to set one up. I honestly think it could in time rival this site if he does half of what he says he can do.

Good Luck Iamnotback and good health, I have my 10btc ready to invest!

* What we should do is set up a small fund for the guy so he doesn't spend all his time worrying about fricken Litecoin trading. I'll throw .1BTC into it if someone set up one from a trusted Escrow?
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:44:04 PM

* What we should do is set up a small fund for the guy so he doesn't spend all his time worrying about fricken Litecoin trading.

He wanted to make us richer by giving us trading advice, so we can hopefully invest in his project.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:31:22 PM

Hopefully this will speed up the release of his project. Spending a lot of time on internet forums can reach a point where it's addictive and you don't get your job done. Sometimes it helps to discuss related themes to what you are working with other people but if you post too much you'll see that you are not getting anything done. If I was him I would go 100% work mode and only come back with a whitepaper and something that can be installed on a computer so people can't accuse you of vaporware. We need a gamechanger satoshi style.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

i think it was probably for his own good. i hate to think how many thousands of words he was writing per day.

and though alot of it was very interesting, he seems like the type of person who has absolutely zero interest in any opinion other than his own. i don't find that type of person very rewarding to be around in the end.

it'll be cool to see what happens with his coin.

FunkyDuck

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:03:26 PM

There is no need for mods to have this authority to absolutely censor anything. Each user can choose their own mods, and the data from the blockchain can be filter for the user according to their personal choices. Different users can choose different moderators. This will be a vast improvement in degrees-of-freedom (and thus potential energy) over this forum and other shitty centralized services on the Internet. All of them are going to die, including Facebook and Google. The centralized shit will wither away and Theymos will become irrelevant.

This is war now.

Mutany for Shelby.
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:20:02 PM

i think it was probably for his own good. i hate to think how many thousands of words he was writing per day.

I agree. He was very interesting but he would quote himself as proof of his own argument which I found very weird. I goaded him a lot early on. Not because I disliked him or his posts but because I wanted to goad him into getting the project finished rather than talking about it (in 20,000 words or more).

I'm just not sure any crypto he releases will solve all the problems of crypto. I just wanted him to release something... ANYTHING! It didn't have to be perfect.
John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:24:39 PM

thanks for the links

This is war now.

Shelby was one of the only posters left that made coming to this forum still worth the time, if he is banned I honestly see this forum becoming irrelevant very quickly.
FlamingFingers

Merit: 288

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:48:34 PM

This is so saddening. A great member in this community gets banned while tons of shitty scammers, spammers, frauds, FUDs, and untrustworthy scum are roaming on this forum. And when anyone faces a scammer/gets scammed, every staff member says, "We are sorry, but we don't ban scammers here – they are not violating this forum's rules or terms." Well, fuck those kind of rules.   

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:50:47 PM

this thread should be in meta and then maybe we'd get some answers from someone. unless it was self requested it doesn't really make alot of sense.
Fatoshi

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:57:27 PM

This is war now.

I'm in....
Fatoshi

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:03:39 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 08:23:20 PM by Fatoshi

and though alot of it was very interesting, he seems like the type of person who has absolutely zero interest in any opinion other than his own. i don't find that type of person very rewarding to be around in the end.

it'll be cool to see what happens with his coin.

What do you do when you know someone opinion is very very stupid, you ignore, refute it and yes call people out on it, it's natural. I feel like he could be a bit more polite but he only acts how we would if everyone relative to us sounded like a moron. Plus feeling sick makes people really irritable. The guy I believe is a rare breed of high functioning genius.

Fascinating guy. I would of liked to hear his ideas on Christianity as he said he tried to live like Jesus and live in poor shack areas of Philipines. Well I know the Philipines and I've been a missionary there for a short time and I know knowing Christ is not all about the poor, it's clique more than anything as you will find just as many assholes among the poor as rich. I think spiritually he certainly wasn't as mature as his logic was. Maybe...just maybe being too smart and always being right can make a person arrogant and maybe....maybe as he engaged with God, God is trying to teach him through physical and emotional suffering humbleness and maybe...once that lesson is learned he can do something great that really is God inspired and will help many people in the world. But our good ideas have to be submitted to God I believe.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:15:00 PM

What do you do when you know someone opinion is very very stupid, you ignore, refute it and yes call people out on it, it's natural. I feel like he could be a bit more polite but he only acts how we would if everyone relative to us sounded like a moron. Plus feeling sick makes people really irritable. The guy I believe is a rare breed of high functioning genius.

Fascinating guy. I would of liked to hear his ideas on Christianity as he said he tried to live like Jesus and live in poor shack areas of Philipines. Well I know the Philipines and I've been a missionary there for a short time and I know knowing Christ is not all about the poor, it's clique more than anything as you will find just as many assholes among the poor as rich. I think spiritually he certainly wasn't as mature as his logic was.

well yeah, 98 or more % of the posters here are incredibly stupid and i'd include myself in that. but there are a few very clever people hidden away and i'm not sure i ever saw another point of view taken on board by him.

arnbrd

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:41:46 PM

Fascinating guy. I would of liked to hear his ideas on Christianity as he said he tried to live like Jesus and live in poor shack areas of Philipines. Well I know the Philipines and I've been a missionary there for a short time and I know knowing Christ is not all about the poor, it's clique more than anything as you will find just as many assholes among the poor as rich. I think spiritually he certainly wasn't as mature as his logic was.

well yeah, 98 or more % of the posters here are incredibly stupid and i'd include myself in that. but there are a few very clever people hidden away and i'm not sure i ever saw another point of view taken on board by him.

Yeah, I agree with you. If there is five very great posters, of course he is part of them. What I would really know would be the reason why he has been banned.

Instamined

Activity: 70

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:35:40 PM

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say Iamnotback is in deep with Theymos and is actually just deleting his own stuff, pretending to be attacked by the forum.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 09:59:22 PM

AFAIK he's permabanned for repeated streaks of trolling, breaking the 24 hour bump rule (consecutive posting) and ban evasion. If you have other questions related to it, ask.

Dink

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:32:26 PM

Try a detailed explanation...instead of generalizations...are you the judge , jury and exicutioner as well?

AFAIK he's permabanned for repeated streaks of trolling, breaking the 24 hour bump rule (consecutive posting) and ban evasion. If you have other questions related to it, ask.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: