Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:05:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TOKENCARD  (Read 97805 times)
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:53:56 PM

So will it be as simple as using regular card?
Yes. The main difference is that the funds are drawn from your eth address and not your bank account.

What I will like to know is the spread that the team will allow, we all know that ALtcoins are very volatile and the team will surely want to protect themselves from this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:08:26 PM

4.1 Smart Contract Wallet
Upon a user joining the platform they launch their own Token Contract Wallet, or grant allowances to their existing wallets.
This Contract Wallet acts as the equivalent of a bank account that holds funds and enforces security parameters, but, crucially, it is controlled only by the user. Users run through a setup wizard and are prompted to customize settings to fit their preference, including:
• Setting daily limits to safeguard assets
• Setting up a base currency for example ETH (any fiat deposited into this will automatically convert upon load).
Typically digital currency security is a tradeoff between usability and functionality. Users must trade security of their funds for convenience when they decide whether to hold tokens themselves or leave them at an exchange. We think we can do better.
By shifting control of user assets back into their own hands and giving them easy to manage fine-grained control of their digital assets safeguarded by the security of smart contracts, users can have better security and substantially improved usability.

(WhitePaper)
[/quote]

I do believe blockchains will grow and grow, debit/credit cards will grow.
I also believe there will be crack down on these "unmonitored" cards, when there's enough crypto growth and currently you need to identify yourself to the provider of these cards, and you can annually receive (deposit) some 2000eur before it will be on the record (anti money laundering rules).
They need to figure out how to comply on all of the banking rules, even when using the third party (all of the payment chain needs to be traceable to a person).
It's too big of a leap currently on my opinion, the idea is nice thou...

what comes to this tokencard, I still haven't seen the company anywhere on official records, which was mentioned on the token agreement... etc..
Kazadar

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:09:35 PM

Yes. The main difference is that the funds are drawn from your eth address and not your bank account.

What I will like to know is the spread that the team will allow, we all know that ALtcoins are very volatile and the team will surely want to protect themselves from this
Its not the team that would need to protect themself. Its you as far as I can see. You are the one keeping the tokens on your account. I am guessing they are sold at marketprice according to coinmarketcap or similar site.

But this is not an official thread so you likely wont get an official answer.

minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:15:07 PM

Its not the team that would need to protect themself. Its you as far as I can see. You are the one keeping the tokens on your account. I am guessing they are sold at marketprice according to coinmarketcap or similar site.

So basically if marketprice bugs on coinmarketcap as it has, they will get wrong values and all is lost.... not good.. and they are using 3rd party provider for value, which is not also good..
where this will be implemented? needs a infrastructure to be maintained, who maintains this? what happens if it gets hacked? what if coinmarketcap gets hacked...
Lot's of questions...
Prozak

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:47:44 PM

So basically if marketprice bugs on coinmarketcap as it has, they will get wrong values and all is lost.... not good.. and they are using 3rd party provider for value, which is not also good..
where this will be implemented? needs a infrastructure to be maintained, who maintains this? what happens if it gets hacked? what if coinmarketcap gets hacked.[/b]..
Lot's of questions...

Your words sound like some disease Cheesy
graviteta

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:06:43 AM

what will tokencard do with bancor? whats partnership?

▄▄▄                                          ███                ▄▄▄     ███
███                                          ███               ▐███▌    ███
███                                          ███                ▀▀▀     ███
███        ▄███████▄   ▐███▄█████▄     ▄▄███████ ▄▄███████▄▄    ███   ███████▄
███       ████▀  ████  ▐████▀▀████▌   ████▀▀██▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▌   ███   ▀▀███▀▀▀
███      ▐████▄▄▄████  ▐███    ███▌  ████    ▄████▀▄█▌   ▐███   ███     ███
███      ▐███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐███    ███▌  ███▌   ████▀▄███▀   ▐███   ███     ███
███       ████▄    ▄▄  ▐███    ███▌  ████▄   ▄█████▀▄█   ████   ███     ███▄ ▄▄
▀████████  ▀████████▀  ▐███    ███▌   █████████▀▀  ████████▀    ███     ▀█████▀

ALL YOU NEED IS LOAN

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████▌  █████████████████
████████████▌  █████████████████
███████▀▀      ███▀      ▀██████
██████   ▄██▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▄██▄   █████
█████▌  ████    ▄▀  ████   █████
█████▌  ▐███▄▄▀▀  ▄▄████   █████
██████   ▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀  ▀▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄▄████████
▀██████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:11:10 AM

I think it's not working with bancor .
it's just a coin using debit card to deposit or withdraw money from value of this coin.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:24:01 AM

Pluton will be launching this summer. It will mean that you can pay anywhere with ETH and BTC where you can use NFC bank cards.

https://blog.status.im/ethereum-dapp-creators-10-plutus-2c08689afdcc

TKN is basically the same idea. The difference is that PLU is almost done developing, whereas TKN is still at the beginning.
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:52:22 PM

Pluton will be launching this summer. It will mean that you can pay anywhere with ETH and BTC where you can use NFC bank cards.

https://blog.status.im/ethereum-dapp-creators-10-plutus-2c08689afdcc

TKN is basically the same idea. The difference is that PLU is almost done developing, whereas TKN is still at the beginning.
Read the TKN white paper. It is a very different solution. TKN is itself a constantly growing store of value. Not to discredit Plutus, it very well could be a good solution too.

#Bitcoin
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:28:43 PM

Bancor will help bring value and functionality to TKN. I would even say that TKN won't reach its full potential if Bancor is not successful.

#Bitcoin
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:20:32 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/TokenCard/comments/6ak5cc/i_am_offering_tokencard_an_ama_on_ethtrader/

Reddit AMA with Mel proposed for evening PST on Saturday. 

More details to follow.  Get your questions ready!

Cryptoby

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 11:29:50 AM

Where can I buy Token? Or maybe is there somebody who wants to sell his Token?

SKYWAY New Generation of world transport system
Over 400 Billion $ estimated value of intellectual property | At 10th stage of development | 1000% and more possible
Website | Video | Businessplan | Broschure | Register | Sign up & Invest now
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:32:46 AM

You can buy tokens from Bittrex !

here is more info - http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/tokencard/

Cryptoby

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 11:53:39 AM

You can buy tokens from Bittrex !

here is more info - http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/tokencard/

Very nice ... and thank you  Smiley

SKYWAY New Generation of world transport system
Over 400 Billion $ estimated value of intellectual property | At 10th stage of development | 1000% and more possible
Website | Video | Businessplan | Broschure | Register | Sign up & Invest now
suppyana

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:00:45 PM

What is the price of TKN Huh
Solarama

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:01:13 PM

Token card AMA on ethtrader.... from reddit...
https://www.reddit.com/r/TokenCard/comments/6ak5cc/i_am_offering_tokencard_an_ama_on_ethtrader/

Mel Gelderman
[–]monolithdao_mel 7 points 5 hours ago

Hey! /u/kashivretwo thanks for the offer. Please schedule one for Saturday evening (PST) if possible.
I hope it will clear up some things and put peoples minds to rest; I've seen the same questions come a number of times now. A lot of progress has been made, and early next week we should (finally) be able to make a large public announcement.
That being said, please keep in mind we are under contract with several large entities. Confidentiality of contract & technology specifics is a touchy subject, and I won't risk breaching it. The openness people have come to expect of publicly funded projects is something that does not always work when the project deals with entities who traditionally operate in a very discrete manner. We don't want to test the limits of our ongoing relationship for the sake of the impatient few.
permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply

[–]cryptostasher 6 points 23 hours ago
Would be a good idea. Go for it mel. That visa rumours need to be sorted out

VISA now on the website again (but not on the card)

buy signals?
imconfusedman
Copper Member

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

What is the price of TKN Huh

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/tokencard/#charts
reffi

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:51:50 PM

This is great idea, i was waiting for this to happen!
Is it same like buying prepaid Visa from store, without your name on it and you just have to add funds to it?  Or do I have to register and provide all my details, name, address, social numbers??
welshminer

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:45:20 PM

This is great idea, i was waiting for this to happen!
Is it same like buying prepaid Visa from store, without your name on it and you just have to add funds to it?  Or do I have to register and provide all my details, name, address, social numbers??

Most companies offering bitcoin debit card work like this - you give them name, surname and address, they send you the card but it has limits like $2,5K lifetime. If you wish to remove limits you provide ID and Utility bill. Then you get like $20K per day and no lifetime limits.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:53:44 PM

Price is still under pressure but I hope it will get more high value in coming as the development is still going on with super speed and the team has good plan for bright future of this project. I hope it would be great to hold them for few more weeks so it will be worth to it.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: