Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:59:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next big crypto currency?  (Read 4315 times)
Socket54 (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:15:33 AM

With the monster acis units on the horizon of a full scale assault on btc soon(when they start mass shipping) and the ensuing skyrocketed difficulty level,

which coin will be the next big thing to mine?

Me personally i think the PPcoin since it too can be mined with a acis machine and would be perfect for us light wieghts who wont be able to compete with the tera hash/s powerhouses.

Laugh Smile and Love

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fishboy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:20:27 AM

currently feathercoin is making waves as a new currency but since it is just about 1-2 weeks old we will see

RetardedMonkey

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:27:06 AM

I'm not convinced on Feathercoin, it seems all the coin has backing it is premined coins that are providing its own self promotion.

It provides nothing over Litecoin?  Huh
fishboy

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:29:53 AM

how can you assume that it was premined... it is 4x the amount of litecoin... but isn't trying to challenge litecoin but be a subcoin after litecoin

Coreyok96

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:34:29 AM

I personally imagine that litecoin will be the next big cryptocurrency, atleast for GPU miners. As the ASICs ship out the difficulty will soar and miners using GPUs will move on, likely to the next biggest cryptocurrency, being litecoin. Although, people with FPGAs will be unable to mine litecoin due to the fact that it uses scrypt and as a result it is likely that, if they wish to continue mining, they will move their miners onto one of the other SHA-256 based cryptocurrencies, such as PPCoin and Terracoin.
fishboy

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:36:30 AM

litecoin is already making waves since mt.gox already announced support for it Smiley

so currently it would seem that bitcoin == gold .... litecoin == silver .... bronze === ??

pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:39:10 AM

Litecoin is certainly the current altcoin juggernaught and asic safe for the time being.  PPCoin has certain new technological aspects that make it appealing as well.

Litecoin and the other scrypt coins I suspect will e where gpu miners go once asics have saturated the market over the next few months.

redphlegm

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:39:35 AM

litecoin is already making waves since mt.gox already announced support for it Smiley

so currently it would seem that bitcoin == gold .... litecoin == silver .... bronze === ??

When's the last time you heard of someone buying bronze?

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
RetardedMonkey

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:48:07 AM

3 million coins in the first 24 hours..?
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:15:06 AM

3 million coins in the first 24 hours..?

Did they not announce it before they started mining?  I was under the impression they did, although I may be wrong.

I'e switched my LTC boxes to FC for the weekend.  I'll grab a few hundred coins and move back to LTC on Monday--if they turn into something, great.  If not, I won't lose sleep over it.
pocketkangs

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:31:45 AM

Litecoin is starting to get a lot of volume. It's the next big bang. #trust
blobzorz

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:56:04 AM

I'll look into it.
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:06:49 AM

Litecoin is starting to get a lot of volume. It's the next big bang. #trust

+1
Socket54 (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:15:15 AM

litecoin will probably be the go to choice for all GPU users looking for a better cut.

But for small timers using the acis usbminer or 2 and jalapeno btl machines, PPcoin looks like the the better choice versus trying to battle the powerhouses.

Laugh Smile and Love
effect

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:52:45 AM

I reckon bitcoins will always be number 1, litecoins will take off next and then terracoins.
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:55:52 AM

I reckon bitcoins will always be number 1, litecoins will take off next and then terracoins.

Why Terracoins?
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:58:48 AM

I think that it would be something (maybe does not exist yet), that allows people with higher-end laptops to be able to use it... and make a profit. I think bit coins popularity with the average person will begin to die out as they find out that there computers have no hope with competing the terahash/s machines that are starting to be created. With machines like this, I believe bit coin mining will become unenjoyable for the average person.
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:04:09 AM

I think that it would be something (maybe does not exist yet), that allows people with higher-end laptops to be able to use it... and make a profit. I think bit coins popularity with the average person will begin to die out as they find out that there computers have no hope with competing the terahash/s machines that are starting to be created. With machines like this, I believe bit coin mining will become unenjoyable for the average person.

But the point here isn't really what most enjoyable/profitable to mine, it's really what CC can find widespread adoption in mass markets.  BTC/LTC make sense to me in that regard (LTC more than BTC, but that's a technicality in my opinion), but I can't decide on a third.  Do we even need a third?
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:08:26 AM

I personally imagine that litecoin will be the next big cryptocurrency, atleast for GPU miners. As the ASICs ship out the difficulty will soar and miners using GPUs will move on, likely to the next biggest cryptocurrency, being litecoin. Although, people with FPGAs will be unable to mine litecoin due to the fact that it uses scrypt and as a result it is likely that, if they wish to continue mining, they will move their miners onto one of the other SHA-256 based cryptocurrencies, such as PPCoin and Terracoin.

Based on that.. one should take their GPU farm there before the asics come as you already did that... Smiley
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:10:21 AM

Based on that.. one should take their GPU farm there before the asics come as you already did that... Smiley

That's a grand idea and a solid point.  I've been mining LTC 100% for a few months now, waiting for the big boys to show up....
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: